Indecisive (Loki Laufeyson x...

By knightfury23

"Are you alright?" he asks looking me over for any visible injuries. "I'm fine." Not meeting his eyes I turn... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 21

589 29 2
By knightfury23

TW: mature content

Y/N's POV:

"Move and I'll cut your throat." came that same scratchy voice I'd heard not too long ago. It didn't take me long to match it to the masked man with blue eyes.

My brows furrowed with confusion. I was quick to snap out of it before checking who was around me.

I could see a pair of dark shoes at the end of the bed and I had no doubt that there was another pair either at the door or somewhere close by.

"Now, I'm going to pull this away from your neck and we'll have a civilized conversation, scream and it's through your heart." he continued, I could feel the edge of the sharp metal, cool against my skin as he increased the pressure of it on my neck before pulling it away.

My blood was pounding in my ears, heart racing I began to sit up slowly and further assess my surroundings. Two tall figures stood on either side of the room: the masked man beside me a long cloak hanging around his shoulders, and the others in tight fit clothing that blended with the night.

I knew that I could survive any cut that might not be too deep, but anything other than that, I wasn't sure.

"What is it that you want?" I start, turning my body towards him as I began to back away.

"What is it that I want?," he paced forward, "Well, vengeance? Torture? Or maybe it's because after our little encounter earlier today I was jumped and beaten in the back alley way." he flipped his knife.

I eyed the figures around the room before landing back on him, "And I suppose you think I had something to do with this?"

He scoffed, "I'm sure you ran right back to your little friend and told him all about it."

"Why is it that you think that I can't have a conversation without reporting it back to him? He's not my keeper."

"You sure act like he is."

A fly began buzzing near my ear as I swatted it away, pushing myself off the bed and steadying my legs. Then I heard a voice...

Close your eyes.

And I knew, in that moment how this would end.

I stood, hands on my waist and looked around the room, "Really?," I began, stepping closer myself, "Because it seems to me that the only one taking residence in this room is me, but by all means conspire and come up with any other fake scenarios of what actually happened if it helps you sleep better, but just remember—"

Before I could finish my sentence Loki appeared out of no where, blades in each hand.

"Surprise." he smiled, craning his neck to the side. With a flick of his wrists he had both daggers imbedded into the chest cavities of the hooded figures stationed around the masked man.

Their eyes turned dull, and lifeless as the red liquid began to seep into their clothes and drip onto the floor. Their bodies, now completely limp, fell to the ground with a thud. I stared at them for a moment a little in shock from what had just happened.

"Now," he walked over to the bodies and pulled from the handles, blood coating the edges of the blades. He pulled a cloth from inside a pocket in his suit and wiped them clean before sheathing one at his side. The other he held in his right hand, flipping it as he brought it close to the stunned, last man standing, "Are we going to have a problem?"

"N-no." he whispered, head down as he surveyed what had just happened, eyes flicking between either body.

"Excellent, now leave." cold faced he turned towards the door, arm stretched, finger pointed. The man hurried quickly out the door not bothering to shut it behind him.

I kept my head down staring towards the bodies, trying to focus on the parts of my body that I could feel, but the metallic smell began to overwhelm my senses at the distance I was. I briefly felt the shift in atmosphere before Loki was upon me.

"Are you alright?" he asks looking me over for any visible injuries.

"I'm fine." Not meeting his eyes I turned to walk away from him, but was stopped short as he gripped onto my lower arm. I stood in place for a moment before looking to where our skin met.

"Look at me." he ordered, reaching towards me he grabbed my chin between his fingers and faced me to him. I said nothing as he looked into my eyes and held my stare.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to act, I didn't know how to feel because the feeling of having him not there while they snuck into the room and held a knife to my throat terrified me. Made me feel stuck inside my own head, with no escape. Not knowing if I was going to make it or if he would eventually find my dead, rotting corpse on the ground cold, and clammy. I didn't know if he would bring it back to the palace and have a proper ceremony or bury me in the woods. Somewhere no one could find me, no one could lay flowers upon my grave, no one could speak to me.

Regenerative skin could only go so far and if he were to just cut me deep, I don't know if I would make it.

Yet, on the other hand I had almost accepted it in a way. That if this was mean't to be the end then I was just going to have to accept. I wasn't going to fight it, and I don't know if the thought alone frightened me more.

"Come with me." He said pulling me out the door and into a small broom closet at the end of the hall. A ladder standing in the back corner leading to a hatch which I could only assume was to the roof top. He lead me to it and gestured for me to climb first, so I did. Gripping onto the wood bars of each level, I hauled myself up to the top twisting and pushing the heavy metal handle of the hatch until it popped open.

I placed either hands on the sides of the roof as I pushed myself up to stand. It was night now, the stars filled the sky and the moon shone brightly beside them. The cool breeze nipped at the bare skin where my clothes didn't cover me completely.

I put my hands on either side of myself, rubbing my arms against the skin that began to form goosebumps.

Loki was up soon after me, and stood not far behind, "Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Why did you let me?"

I huffed laugh, shaking my head, "Always answering my questions with questions of your own."

I turned to him, but there was no trace of humour to be seen on his face. He stepped towards me, his body tall enough to tower over me.

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Like I said before."

"You're clearly not." he continued, looking down into my eyes.

"What is it to you?"

"Oh we're not starting this again."

"And what would that be exactly? You continuously 'letting me in' and then pushing me away, but when I do it it becomes this big inconvenience to your time."

"I never said that."

"Well, that's what it feels like, and besides... it doesn't matter now. It's over and dealt with." I turned away trying to get as much space between me and him as possible.

I looked towards the sky, and in a matter of seconds I could feel the front of him pressed against my back. The warmth from his body seeped into mine and I began to lean into the touch. I could feel his breath against my skin as he placed his head between the nook of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I knew I shouldn't let him stay there, that I should push away and create a distance between us, but I couldn't and I don't think he could either. I was aware of every part of me that his touched, every breath he took that fanned against the bare skin of my neck.

So I let him hold me.

I let him stand there and hold me close to him because as much as I knew I needed the physical touch, he needed it too. He could deny it and tell me that it was just from the heat of the moment or he was only doing it because of what had just happened, but I knew he needed it.

So I let him.

I placed my arms on top of his that rested wrapped around my waist and placed my head against his, "I don't know what to do." I whispered so only he could hear it.

"About what?" I could feel the movement of his jaw against my skin as he said it, and the concerned tone of his voice, but why?

I stopped for a second. Thinking over and over how this could possibly play out. How he could somehow turn this against me and use it to his advantage. And I wanted to. I so wanted to tell him—to be able to confide in him, and tell him how I was feeling. That just wasn't my reality.

I lifted his arms from me and pulled away from him. The cold air filling the empty space of where he used to be and it took everything in me not to close the distance. I shifted to face him, his face filled with confusion and wary.

I forced a smile on my face that him and I both knew was fake, "Nothing, I'm just tired."

"Liar."

"I'm not lying."

"Are you seriously trying to lie once again to my face after what just happened?"

"I'm not lying." I repeated.

He shook his head, looking around at the empty roof we were standing on, "There's no one here, you don't have to act like there's nothing wrong when I can see it on your face. The way you act, the way you carry that same weight that I know is pressing down on your shoulders everywhere you go. You can let go now Y/N, even if only for a moment."

I was taken back by what he had said. How he had seen through that shield I had put in my place around my self to preserve what was left, and I had almost fell to my knees on the spot, but that shield snapped back in place. I don't know why I said what I did next. Maybe it was an act of trying to change the subject from me to him or because I was tired of not knowing what he was thinking. "I could say the same about you."

"And what would that be?" he asked, a beckoning tone in his voice, taunting me to say more.

"You blame yourself,"

He said nothing, waiting for me to continue.

"You blame yourself for the fact that you weren't there when she died. That your past actions because of how out of control you let your emotions roam, landed you in that prison. That the consequence to your actions felt to you, like her protection."

I could have sworn I saw that pain he had been keeping locked inside him flash in his eyes before he blinked it away. He looked out to the distance—away from me.

"And what if, on the rare time that you are right, which is almost never that that is true."

"Then I would say, that it is you who needs to let go."

"I can't." his voice steady but quiet.

"You can."

This time it was his shield that snapped back in place, "I can't." he said louder, angrier.

"Can't or won't Loki."

"That is of no concern to you." he began turning my own words against me.

Two could play at that game. I huffed a laugh, "There's no one here Loki!" I yelled, "There is no one here besides me. I am here and I see you." I stood in front of him and placed a hand against his cheek. He didn't lean into the touch.

"Why can't you see me?" I said.

He still wouldn't look at me, but I swore I saw a tear fall from his left eye.

"Look at me." I whispered, searching his face for any sign of recognition, "Look at me." I choked out. Tears beginning to pool in my eyes. I began to walk away, not wanting him to see the tears as they began to fall.

I brushed back the dampness with the back of my sleeves, but before I could reach my hand up to wipe it away he was there in front of me.

He hesitated for a second, hand raised as he brushed back the tears from my face.

"I see you, darling. I see you."

-

This chapter is a little shorter, and it did take longer to come out I just haven't had a lot of time to update. I don't think I will be putting anymore TW's after this chapter so, this is a final warning that there may be more TW content in future chapters. Thank you so much for 13k, I would love to know how you guys think of it so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 1K 8
You're the person Bucky goes to for a breath of fresh air, the one who's smile is the brightest, the one that has the softest voice. You are sweet an...
41.3K 714 20
[ʙᴜᴄᴋʏ ʙᴀʀɴᴇꜱ x ᴏᴄ] ᴇʟɪᴢᴀ ɢᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ʙʏ ʜʏᴅʀᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ. ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ ꜱᴇʀᴜᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ...
69.2K 3.8K 53
"I take one look at you and suddenly, I feel the whole world change." ▌│█║▌║▌║ 𝙊𝘽𝙇𝙄𝙑𝙄𝙊𝙉 ║▌║▌║█│▌ Leaving behind the life of "The Winter Sold...
449K 12K 44
An Avengers Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** You hated Hydra, and everything associated with them. So you absolutely detested the fact that the Ave...