It's Complicated || Rafe Came...

By _rafecameronnn

"ok.. it's complicated." - As two teens say they hate each other, but it's just a cover up, because they are... More

s u m m a r y ! !
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t - t e e n
f o u r - t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x - t e e n
s e v e n - t e e n
e i g h t - t e e n
n i n e - t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
Authors Note!
T h i r t y - f o u r

n i n e

2.4K 29 6
By _rafecameronnn

I pulled into the driveway and got out. As I unlocked the front door, I saw my dad drinking a bottle of whiskey on the couch.

"Taylor.. where were you?" He questioned. "I was out with friends." I said, scared to say anything wrong.

"Did you hear the Thorton's boat sunk.." He said. "Yea, Topper told me today." I spoke. "I wonder what happened.." I continued. "Not sure." He said. "Can you get me just a beer out of the fridge?" He asked me.

"I don't think you need a beer.. that whiskey bottle was full this morning... So was that one. I think you need to take a break." I responded. "What did you say?" He stood up.

"I just- Nevermind." I said and walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of beer. I shut the fridge and walked to the living room. "Here." I said, handing him the beer.

He slams the bottle on the floor and the sound of glass breaking made me flinch.

"What the hell!" I shouted. "You need to learn some fucking manners!" He starts to get mad.. I took a step back but he closed the gap between us.

"The only way is to discipline you.." He said. "Dad! I was just saying.. you need to stop drinking! You are a alcoholic!" I shout not caring anymore. But I soon regretted what I said as I felt a fist come in contact with my eye.

I fell onto the ground and looked up to my dad as I grabbed my eye.

"Better. Now.. never talk to me like that! Or else.." He said as he walked past me and to the kitchen. A tear slowly slipped from my eye but I quickly wiped it away. I stood up and ran upstairs and slammed my room door.

I looked in the mirror and saw my eye was already starting to get red.. "That one is gonna leave a bruise.." I mutter to myself. I shake my head as I walk away from my mirror. I can't believe this is my dad.. The same dad that used to be my best friend a few years ago..

I heard a ding from my back pocket and looked to see who texted me.

The Oldest Cameron : We need to talk asap! 

I read the message and scoffed.

Taylor : Well not tonight.. and I am busy tmr... and the next day soo, try again some other time.

The Oldest Cameron : Fine. I understand that what we did looked bad, but they hit us.. we had to get them back! I am sorry for throwing you but you weren't supposed to be a part of the fight.

I read the text and rolled my eyes. I didn't respond. Instead I set my phone on silent and put it on my side table and got into bed.. I closed my eyes and soon I was dead asleep...

-

-

"What happened to your face?" Kie asked, everyone looked at me. "Kelce hit me. I don't think he meant to but when I went and elbowed him in the gut his hand swung up and hit me.." I lied.

"Shit.. it's bad." The Pope said. "Well it wouldn't have happened if someone talked them out of beating our asses.." JJ spoke.

"Ok.. I went to the bathroom for a second! Ok! I am sorry." I said to the boys. "If.. The Pope didn't have to pee. Maybe y'all would have been in the fight.. yesterday." I spoke as I sat at the counter.

"Yea.. well it doesn't matter.. It was 3 vs. 2... that was some real kook shit there." JJ said. "What was your thought process using your head though?" JJ asked. "Yea? That was pretty cool.." I said, smiling.

"I don't know. I wa-" Pope started to say but was cut off by Mr. Heyward. "Hey Pope, someone here to see you." He said and I watched as the sheriff walked in. I quickly get off the counter.

"Evening officer..'' The Pope said nervously. "Arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." He says as he hands the paper to Mr. Heyward.

"Keep your hands on the counter where I can see them. " Shoupe said as he began to put Pope in handcuffs.

"You are arresting him?" Kie asked.. I looked at JJ and he was just scratching his head, trying to think of something. Shoupe started saying the cop stuff as everyone just watched Pope get arrested..

He then started to walk him outside and everyone followed. I could tell the Pope was panicking. So.. I did what nobody would do..

"I did it!" Me and JJ speak at the same time. I looked at him as he looked at me. "I did it." He repeated. "JJ... let me do this. My dad will bail me out.. I will be fine." I said and JJ shakes his head.

"We did it!" I shout at Shoupe. JJ looks at me crazy.

"We did it..It was us. He tried to talk us out of it, but we were mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for something we did." JJ said, looking at the Pope.

"You've got too much to lose." I spoke looking at him. "What are you guys doing?" Pope said but JJ quickly told him to shut up.

"We took his old man's boat too." JJ said. "What the hell!" Mr. Hayward said.

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asked the Pope. "That's the whole truth, I swear to god." JJ said. "I know what you think.. I'm asking the Pope." Shoupe said. JJ and I looked at the Pope. We wanted him to say that it was the truth.

"Yea that about covers it." Pope said and then he uncuffed Pope and cuffed me and JJ.

"You know.. You are a good kid, Taylor. Hanging with this one will get you in some trouble." Shoupe said as he put me in the back of the car.

As we walked into the jail.. I began to get nervous.. I was a good kid, never doing anything too bad to end up in jail. JJ looks at me and then straight ahead.

"In here, you too. Once we figure out where to put you.. we will come back." He said, uncuffing us. I stepped into the cell and looked at it with disgust.

I sat down and began to think. My dad was going to kill me for real this time...

"I am so dead. My dad might actually kill me.." I said and JJ looked at me laughing. "Your dad? Oh yea sure. He will say, 'Oh sweetie! Don't do that again! Here are the keys to this brand new boat! Go take a ride.' So, I don't want to hear it." JJ said.

"You know nothing about my life!" I argued. "My life isn't so perfect you know right? but you don't because I don't tell anyone and I just fake it everyday.. the smile. Yea, you see this..." I said pointing to my bruised eye.

"It wasn't from Kelce..." I said and JJ realized that it was from my dad. "Seems we are living the same life.." He said. "Your dad.. hits you too?" I asked and he nodded. "looks like we have more in common..." I said as I looked at the ceiling...

-

-

"What are you doing? Huh.. hanging with JJ Maybank! Your dad isn't going to like that, and you in jail.." Sheriff Peterkin said.

"I'm sorry! Ok! I was trying to help a friend." I spoke. "Well you need to stay out of this.. you need to pick one side and stick. No inbetween.. and I think your dad wants you on the Kook side." She said,

"Got it." I muttered. "Alright get out. I need to talk to JJ." She said, I nodded and headed out of her office.

"Are you her guardian?" The lady asked my father. "Yup that shall be me... sadly." He spoke. Then the officer went on about all the information and crap but I wasn't really listening.. I heard a door open and I looked behind me and saw JJ walking out..

I then look back and see a man standing at the front desk.. must be his father.

"Ok, you guys can go." They said handing the paper to us. I sighed, knowing that I was going to be in major trouble.

As I walk out, I wave to JJ. "Good luck." He mouths to me.

"What were you thinking?! Huh! You idiot!" My father says to me.. "I am sorry! I was helping a friend!" I muttered. "You were helping a pogue.. a fucking Pogue!" He shouts at me as we walk to the car..

"I don't even wanna look at you." He turned to me. "You are.. You are no longer hanging with these Pogues.. if you do! You will no longer live in my household." My father said to me and then he slapped me almost making me fall.

"You can walk home." He said and got in his truck and drove off... I sighed.

I looked as the door was opened. I watch as JJ and his dad walk out. They entered the vehicle and didn't see me. As they got into his dad's car, his dad punched him. He began to slam his head into the window... I looked away.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to help... I then looked back and saw he was still yelling at JJ while he was on top of him. He looked my way and quickly let go of him and started the car and drove away.

I sighed and continued to walk home..

-

-

I opened the front door and saw dad lying on the couch. "About time." He said. "We are talking about some things." He spoke.

"We need to go over some rules... Rule number one... No hanging out with Pogues! If I see you or hear you were hanging out with them.. you are dead! Rule number two, you are going to midsummers... and I think I have you a date." My father said,

"What! Midsummers!! No.. that is so lame!" I said. "Yea but if I can get you to go with this one kid... we could make some money!" He spoke. "Hah.. using me for money." I muttered. "Can I atleast go dress shopping?" I asked.

"Sure.. go now! So, then this kid can match your color." My dad spoke. I grabbed my car keys and left. I mainly just didn't want to be anywhere near my father.

I was going to drive over to JJ's but... I don't need to get my father mad. So, I just headed to the dress shop.

While driving my phone was going off. I looked at the caller id, The Oldest Cameron. I rolled my eyes and pressed decline, but then he called again. I rolled my eyes and answered the phone.

"What the hell! You did that to Topper's boat!" Rafe's voice echoed loud through the phone.. "I didn't.. Ok I knew! but I took blame for the Pope, well me and JJ took blame." I said.

"How did you know?" I asked. "I heard from Kie." He spoke. "So, how's my date to midsummer's been?" He said and I laughed. "Sorry.. My dad is finding me a date." I said to him laughing..

He stayed quiet.. "You're the boy my dad was talking about?!" I asked. "Yup, that would be me." He said. I scoffed. "So, dress shopping?" He asked.

"I was just on my way.." I said. "Awesome! I am going with then!" He said and hung up. I rolled my eyes. Out of all people... my dad chose Rafe. Great.

This day is going to be great...

___ 

Thanks for reading chapter nine!! Hope you like it so far!! Make sure to vote and comment on this chapter! Bye!

Word Count : 1966 !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 4.8K 43
Ivy King Rutherford comes from a wealthy family that live on the mainland of North Carolina. Spending her summers in the Outer Banks wouldn't be so b...
7.9K 140 20
๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ก๐š๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ž ๐˜™๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜Ÿ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ข๐Ÿ...
65.8K 570 24
โ˜†drewstarkey x female readerโ˜† โ˜†dahlia murphy fell in love with drew when she was a teenager but he shattered her heart, now eight years later they're...
36.9K 722 23
โš ๏ธDISCONTINUEDโš ๏ธ Thank you guys for the love and support, but I will unfortunately be discontinuing this fan fiction! A summer in Outer Banks was fil...