𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 • avenge...

By hiraaeth_

[COMPLETED] pain is what drives the shattered-minded AVENGERS AU ... More

DISCLAIMER!
𒊹︎ 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𒊹︎
𝙇𝙊𝙍𝙀
༒𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 1༒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
1- Cold
2- The Twins
3- Annihilation
5- The Vision
6- "Holy Shit Are We Flying?"
7- The Pain of Loss
8- Victory...For some
9- Welcome To The Team
༒𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 2༒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
10- HYDRA
11- Abstruce
12- Accident
13- The Accords
14- Another One Bites The Dust
15- Bucky
16- Break-Out
17- The Airport
18- December 16th, 1991
19- Wakanda
20- Fugitives
21- Little Boy
22- "Hello Peter"
23- New Beginnings
BOOK 2 OUT NOW!

4- Confrontation

1.3K 33 2
By hiraaeth_

The Avengers had found out about Ultron using Helen Cho and the regeneration cradle, soon then leaving to South Korea.

They were currently all in their positions. Using the quinjet, they dropped off Steve Rogers near the lab.

Steve scanned the area and pressed the com in his ears "Two minutes, stay close".

Running into the building, everything seemed quiet to him until he realized why. Ultron had already made it to the lab and killed everyone there. Bodies of scientist were laid out in the hallway.

"Shit" Steve cursed to himself before running faster to Helen's lab. Once he got there he saw Helen Cho who even though was hurt by Ultron's blast, was still alive.

"Dr. Cho" Steve called out and ran to her. Her breathing was shaky and she was sweating from the pain. He placed a rag from nearby on her wound to keep her from bleeding out.

"He's uploading himself into the body" Helen panted out.

"Where?"

Helen breathed out and shook her head, making Steve curse at himself mentally.

Just before he was about to stand back up, Helen placed a hand on his arm "The real power is inside the cradle. The gem...it's power is uncontainable-" She exhaled and shook her head again "-You can't just blow it up, you have to get the cradle to stark".

"First I have to find it" Steve said.

Helen nodded "Go".

Steve nodded as well and stood up, walking out of the lab "Did you guys copy that?" He asked through cons.

"We did" Clint confirmed, who was flying the quinjet with Natasha.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest, that could be him" Natasha said.

Clint looked down at the ground, then spotted a truck with a logo driving on the highway; the same logo from the lab Dr.Cho worked at.

"There. That's the truck from the lab. Right above you cap, on the loop by the bridge" Clint said, flipping a switch on the jet "It's them. You got three with the cradle, one with the cab....I can take out the driver".

"Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron".

Steve climbs up to the highway. Looking down the loop he saw the truck coming up. He prepared himself to jump before leaping and landing on top of the truck.

Back in the city

The Maximoff siblings were walking through the market. Nadia was able to convince Pietro to have the avengers help, but Wanda still wouldn't budge.

"Wanda, you know we have a larger chance in losing without them. Don't be naive, we need them" Nadia stated firmly.

Wanda shook her head and kept on walking "Enough".

Pietro sighed and looked at his twin "Wanda you know-"

"-You won't understand Nadia because you've been locked in a cell for the past three years" Wanda snapped, shocked by her own outburst.

Nadia's expression turned hurt by her sisters words, her voice laced with anger "And who's fault was that?".

Before Wanda could reply, her eyes shifted their attention behind her younger sister. Nadia furrowed her eyebrows and turned around to see a small TV with the news channel on, that was showing Ultron and Captain America fighting on top of a truck.

The siblings faces were all turned to shock. Nadia turned back to look at her sister in seriousness "This isn't about the avengers Wanda, it's about the safety of the people. You need to put your grudge aside, and help them stop Ultron before he kills us all".

....

Steve was given a hard blow through the stomach by Ultron. He used more of his strength to grab Ultron and slam him into a moving train.

The people in the train cart started to scream in fear as they witnessed the fight.

"There back towards you, so whatever your gonna do; do it now" Clint said through coms, watching two of Ultron's robots fly toward the train they were in.

Steve through his shield toward Ultron, only for him to through it back. Ultron tried to slam into him but Steve jumped over him quickly, after then blasting him with his energy.

"I'm going in. Cap, can you keep him occupied?" Natasha asked through coms, riding a motorcycle right next to the moving train.

Steve panted "What do you think I've been doing?".

Using his shield, Steve tried to protect himself from Ultron's harsh hits. But right before Ultron could throw another one, he's thrown back by a familiar blur.

Ultron shook his head and tried to step toward Pietro, but was stopped when the bars of the train are moved to stop him. He looked up to see Wanda with the red energy surrounding her hands.

"Please, don't do this" Ultron begged.

"What choice do we have?" Nadia said, stepping forward. Her blue wisp appearing on her hands and moving another pole to stab his arm.

Ultron jerked back before blasting his energy beam through to the front of the train and escaping.

"I lost him" Steve said in coms, running to the hole Ultron created "He's headed your way".

He went to the front of the train to see that the driver had been hit with the blast and killed. He mentally cursed in his mind once he saw the train was going to ride off the tracks.

Steve ran back to the cart and looked at Pietro "Civilians in our path". Pietro nodded and ran out the train.

Steve then looked at Wanda "Can you stop this thing?".

Wanda didn't answer as her face was filled with uncertainty, though Nadia stepped up and nodded "I can". Steve nodded and started to move the civilians in the cart out the way.

Pietro ran as fast as he could, pushing and moving civilians out of the way of the train to avoid getting hit.

Nadia focused on the wheels of the train before reaching out, her blue mystical energy covering her hands once more. She let out grunts of slight struggles as pulled her arms up to act as brakes for the train.

The train finally started slowing down until it stopped. Steve sighed in relief, while other civilians helped the people on the train get out.

Wanda and Nadia ran to a tired looking Pietro hunching over. Wanda put a hand on her brother's shoulder in concern before he raised his and started to sit down "I'm fine, I just need to take a minute".

"I'm very tempted not to give you one" Steve spoke up, approaching the siblings.

Nadia stepped toward him "The cradle, did you get it?".

"Stark will take care of it" He said, nodding.

Wanda's eyes widened slightly at his words "No he won't..."

Steve stared at her for a second "You don't know what your talking about, Stark's not crazy-"

Nadia sighed and looked at Steve sternly "He will do anything to make things right, even if that includes finishing to create that thing Ultron started in that cradle".

Steve looked at Nadia curiously, pondering on her words, Steve connected to coms "Stark come in. Stark. Anyone on coms" After getting no answer, he sighed; afraid that the young girl might be right.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it; where do you think he gets that from?" Wanda asked.

Steve pursed his lips before looking back at the siblings "If what your saying is true, then we need to stop him before he finishes it" He sighs "Come on".

Steve starts walking and Nadia follows him. The twins were surprised at the man's decision, but still quickly followed behind him as well.

....

Back at the avengers compound, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner were connecting and preparing the regeneration cradle to continue its creation process.

"This framework is not compatible" Tony murmurs, focusing on the monitor and typing on his keyboard.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%" Bruce states "You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes".

"I'm gonna say this once" Steve says sternly, entering the room.

"How bout none-ce?" Tony claps back.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen"

"You don't know what your doing-"

"-And you do?" Bruce replied "She's not in your head?" He motions toward Wanda and stares at her still pissed.

"I know your angry.." Wanda says, stepping up slightly.

"Oh we're way past angry. I can choke the life outta you and never change a shade" He says in anger, making Wanda stare at him with guilt.

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"-That's nothing compared to what's coming"

"You don't know what's in there!".

Pietro, annoyed with the arguing, runs and disconnects the tubes and wires from the cable. Everyone stares at him in shock and surprise.

"No no go ahead, you were saying" He states with boredom.

Suddenly the sound of a gunshot went of, and a bullet slowly passing his face. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but before he could do anything he falls through the floor and lands hard on the floor below. A boot pushes his leg down hard, and he looked up to see Clint.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" He said in a snarky tone.

"Pietro!" Wanda shouted, worried for her twin.

The sounds of low beeping come from the monitor, and Tony turns to look at it "I'm rerouting the upload".

Before he could, Steve threw his shield to hit all the monitors. Pissed off, Tony called one of his suit hand parts and blasted Steve back.

Nadia tried to go to help her brother, but was locked in a hold by Bruce "Go ahead, piss me off"

"Banner stop, she's just a kid!" Steve shouts, standing up to run to help Nadia before he's shoved back by Tony.

Using her abilities, Nadia forces Banner off her then turns around and throws another ball of energy to push him away.

Wanda tries to go after the cradle but is stopped by Clint firing shots with his gun.

Suddenly, Thor crashes into the lab and flies toward the cradle. He stands on top of it and uses mijnior to call lighting and blast it toward the cradle.

Everyone stops and stares, confused by what Thor just did.

Then before anyone could blink, the cradle exploded open and pushing back everyone with the force..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 35 8
Taking off where the first book left off..something is happening and it doesn't seem quite right..the world it bittersweet and the trauma lingers hol...
85K 2.3K 34
Currently being edited/rewritten. (Chapters with written numbers {e.g. One} have been edited, actual numbers are TBC.) "I have this feeling in my hea...
117K 3.1K 39
•Winterwitch fan fic•