Wielder of the Phoenix

By Ragnark517

Izuku Midoriya, the twin of Izumi Midoriya, son of Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya, the latter being bette... More

Chapter 1 - Beginnings
Chapter 2 - History was wrong
Chapter 3 - All Might
Chapter 4 - Awakening
Chapter 5 - Breaking Point
Chapter 6 - Gran Torino
Chapter 7 - New Powers
Chapter 8 - Reunion
Chapter 9 - Shifting (1/2)
Chapter 10 - Shifting (2/2)
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - 10 Months
Chapter 13
Author's note 1
Chapter 14 - True Hero
Chapter 15 - Taking the Flight Home
Chapter 16 - Meeting the Urarakas
Chapter 17 - Nighteye
Chapter 18 - Acceptance letters
Chapter 19 - An Encounter
Chapter 20 - Class 1-A
Chapter 21 - Physical Assessments
Chapter 22 - A chat with Nezu (edited)
Chapter 23 - The Cat learns the Truth
Chapter 25 - Uneven Odds
Chapter 26 - Technical Issues
Chapter 27 - The Calm
Chapter 28 - Unleash The Storm
Chapter 29 - Flames of the Phoenix
Chapter 30 - Aftermath
Chapter 31 - Conferences
Chapter 32 - History Lessons for Adults (And Ochako)
Kinda Important Announcements
Chapter 33 - Blaze gets his ass kicked
Chapter 34 - Her Parents Are Pissed Off
Chapter 35 - A Discussion and the Shadow's True Leader
Chapter 36 - Plans and Punishment
Chapter 37 - Training
Chapter 39 - Sports Festival

Chapter 24 - Battle Training Begins!

2.7K 51 18
By Ragnark517

The next day, all of class 1-A was sitting in their seats waiting for their heroics teacher to show up.

"I AM ENTERING LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!!!!" A voice yells as the door is slammed open.

"ALL MIGHT!!!" The class shouts in joy as the hero enters.

"Hahaha! Hello, young embryos! I'll be taking Hero-101 for all you guys. Now pop quiz!" All Might yells. "What, according to you, makes a hero?"

A few hands were raised. Izuku didn't bother raising his hand to answer, he was trying to keep a rather low profile. Keyword try.

"Let's see, who do I pick. Uhm... Ms. Yaoyorozu!" All Might said, recognizing Yaoyorozu.

"Public recognition and in most cases a license issued by the Hero Commission. Though that's not true for vigilantes who are considered to be heroes but are not recognized by the Hero Commission." She answered.

"Yes, that is the definition by the book but I'm looking for something that is a bit less obvious." All Might told her. "Would someone else like to try?" All Might look around waiting to pick a student. "Ms. Bakugou."

"Hero catchphrases!" Katsumi answered confidently.

"Yes, but those come after you chose or pick your hero name which is still a few weeks ahead." All Might told them. "You can put your hands down. The answer I was looking for is Hero Costumes or Suits. Even before you are heard, you are seen by the people. Light travels faster than sound after all. A hero needs to look his best while at the job unless his job needs him to be disguised or hidden. You all submitted hero costumes with your UA applications and these cases," All Might said, pressing a button on a device as 22 cases pop out of the wall. "Contain your hero suits, just the way you wanted them, grab the cases, head to the changing rooms, and then to Ground Alpha. I'll meet you there." All Might said as the class ran to change into their hero costumes.

The students grabbed their bags and walked to the changing rooms.

"So, Shimura, how bad were you grilled at the principal's office yesterday?" Kaminari asks.

"Huh, oh nothing much. We were just given a warning and let off." Izuku answered as he removed his shirt and wore his hero costume.

[Similar to this, with the boots and armbands being Black, the waist belt being white instead of an ochre sort of color. The logo on the back of the costume is the phoenix logo and not a yin-yang symbol.]

"Quite a simple costume you've got there, Shimura." Kirishima exclaims.

"Yeah, it's a prototype costume that allows me free movement and allows for modifications in the future." Izuku answered as he strapped in his shoes.

"Shimura, Kaminari, I found a gift our seniors have left us. Look!" Mineta calls them.

"What is it, Mineta?" Izuku asks as he walks to the short boy.

"I found a peeping hole. Imagine what we can see on the other side!!!" Mineta exclaims.

"Alright, that's enough out of you." Izuku sighs as he picks Mineta. "Now, if you try to do something, anything perverted, to any of the girls. Let's just say you'll be spending the week at Recovery Girl's office." Izuku threatens with his eyes glowing bright yellow.

Mineta nods and is left off by Izuku.

"Now to close this hole." Izuku sighs.

Izuku concentrates and collects some psionic energy in his finger and proceeds to close the hole by melting the cement around it by giving the molecules excessive energy (More Kinetic Energy = More Vibration of molecules = More heat generated).

"Alright." Izuku sighs as he gets up and wears his shoes, walking out of the changing room.

"You look good Izuku!" Ochako compliments him as she walks up.

"Thanks. You look good too." Izuku responds.

"Izuku, your simp is showing." Scott teases

"Says the biggest simp of the era!" Emma comments.

"Oh really?" Scott answers back.

"Yeah, didn't a version of you die because you were a simp for Jean?" Colossus continues for Emma.

"That wasn't me! That was a different version of me, and honestly, he was one of the worst versions. Wasted potential." Scott scoff as the rest laughs at his expense.

Izuku shakes the thoughts out of his head. "Let's go to the ground, we should make it there in time, let's not make All Might wait shall we?"

"Yup."

The two walked to the grounds, being the first ones of their class to enter the grounds. The first thing they notice is the fact that Class B was already there with their teacher, Blaze.

"Stay calm Izuku. He's a teacher first right now, so he won't do anything to harm you. Hopefully." Ochako whispers to him.

Izuku nods as they continue to walk.

"Young Shimura, Young Uraraka! Looking great!" All Might exclaims as he walks to them.

"Why's class B here?" Uraraka asked.

"It's a joint exercise." Blaze answers. "Class A will be combined with Class B for this exercise. SO don't try to drag my class down." He comments, looking at Izuku in particular.

Izuku rolls his eyes.

While this conversation was going on, the rest of class A, walked out in their hero costumes.

"Looks like the rest of the class is here. Let's start the debrief then!" All Might exclaims, smiling at everyone.

"Alright, everyone gather up, Class A to my right, class B to my left." Blaze answers. "Make sure you don't crowd. Today's exercise will test your mettle and your quirk control. Would anyone like to guess what we are doing today?"

Kendo raised her hand. "Since we're here in a model city, I'm guessing we're fighting robots like in the entrance exams and we might be marked based on the collateral damage caused?"

"Not exactly, Ms. Kendo." Blaze answers. "Today you all will be fighting inside these buildings because statistically speaking most crimes occur inside a building where heroes are forced to minimize the force, they use to reduce collateral damage while ensuring that the villain is captured, and the hostages are safe and on occasions, items like bombs don't receive too much damage."

"And today, you will be put in random teams, that will be decided based on probability. We have put 10 names from each class into both these boxes and we will pull one name from each box to form the teams." All Might continues.

"But sir, isn't this sort of an exercise too advance for our classes?" Iida asked the teachers.

"You might be correct, Young Iida, but these kinds of attacks have become more common." All Might explained. "And it's becoming more and more important for you all to know what to do in this situation."

"I did not think that far, sorry for interrupting." Iida apologized.

"Any more questions?" Blaze asked the group of 40 students.

"Sir, I'd like to ask a question." Kamakiri said, raising his hands. "Won't putting us in teams with people we don't know at all, no offense meant, put us at a disadvantage during the exercise?"

"Yes, but you need to understand that most of the time pros are forced to team up on the fly and many times pros don't know what quirks they might encounter, this exercise is meant to ensure that you all are able to cope in such situations and ensure that you all can work with other pros in the future." Blaze explained. "All Might is a perfect example of this, he has had to team up with up and coming heroes and older pros alike, at times ones from other countries, and as a result has had to adapt to work alongside these pros."

"How are the teams going to be chosen?" Iida asked.

"We'll be using probability. You see this box here; it has all your names in it. We'll be picking one ball from each to make the teams. Now, everyone listens close because we won't have time to repeat the teams." All Might answers as he and Blaze go to pick one ball from each box.

Blaze begins the announcement. "The teams are as follows: -

A. Katsumi Bakugou and Izumi Midoriya,

B. Katsuki Bakugou and Iida,

C. Shoto and Shoka Todoroki

D. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu,

E. Yaoyorozu and Kaibara,

F. Awase and Hagakure,

G. Kodai and Shoda,

H. Komori and Asui,

I. Pony and Monoma,

J. Kamakiri and Tokoyami,

K. Koda and Shiozaki,

L. Shishida and Shoji,

M. Jiro and Tokage,

N. Mina and Kendo,

O. Honenuki and Sero,

P. Sato and Bondo,

Q. Yanagi and Kaminari,

R. Rin and Ojiro,

S. Fukadashi and Aoyama,

T. Tsubaraba and Kuroio,

U. And finally, Shimura and Uraraka.

All Might continues. "Since young Mineta is the only one left, we can put him into one of the teams formed."

"Mineta will be a part of the team consisting of Kamakiri and Tokoyami." Blaze tells them. "Due to a misbalance in team members, the team that will face them will get more time to prepare compared to other teams."

"Now, let's start the match ups!!!" All Might exclaims with his trademark smile. "But before that, pop quiz once more. In a hostage situation, what is the best plan of action for a small team, of two to three heroes to follow?"

Izuku raises his hand.

"Yes, young Shimura?"

"Either wait for the backup to arrive so you can overwhelm the enemy by sheer number and force or storm the castle from a position that is least expected, like a window or through the floor. If you can't do either, then cause a distraction with the help of the police. They usually carry smoke grenades, so smoke the group out and knock them out while they're still getting their bearing. Of course, if you are someone that can move faster than normal vision, like All Might or Edgeshot or even Gran Torino, the distraction is unnecessary." Izuku mutters, with the rest of his explanation being too fast for the others to understand. This causes Ochako to giggle.

"You're muttering, Izuku." Ochako exclaims as he flicks Izuku on his forehead.

"Was I muttering again?" Izuku asks her.

"Yup."

"I think we get the point, Young Shimura." All Might chuckles. "Now, today's exercise will be along these lines. The situation is as follows, there is a group of 2 villains, that had taken a few civilians hostage and has planted a bomb somewhere in the building they have occupied. As heroes, you're supposed to save the civilians, capture the bomb, or defeat the villains. You can do all three, but you must do at least two of them. Now, you'll be given this capture tape. Anyone that is taped up by this tape is considered disqualified." He explains.

"We'll assign the hero and villain teams shortly but are there any questions?" Blaze asks.

Monoma raises his hand.

"Yes, young Monoma?"

"Sir, aren't these kinds of situation's work of the military or armed forces?" Monoma asks.

"Correct, usually situations with terrorists and hostages like the one we are going to do today are handled by the armed forces but there have been instances where the forces take time to respond, as a result, it is up to the heroes on the spot to take up charge and save the civilians." All Might answers. "I've taken charge of such a situation once while I had come to Japan, after spending a few years in the USA, does anyone remember the Dictator?"

"Wasn't he the villain with the crowd controlling quirk?" Izuku asked almost immediately.

"I'm surprised you know him, that event was long ago. But then again-" All Might stops mid-sentence, stopping himself from revealing too much. "Care to explain what happened then? If you remember that is." 

"So if I remember correctly, this was the mission that you met Firestar. You were on a grocery run apparently when you heard the sirens and you dashed to the scene, met up with the head of the police team that had arrived, and also came across Firestar. The two of you had to team up to take down the Dictator. Individually neither could do much against the villain since he was surrounded by civilians that were under his command. So in a makeshift move, All Might tossed Firestar over the group, and Firestar hit the Dictator with an energy beam of some sort, knocking him out and freeing the civilians. They then proceeded to catch the villain and he's been in Tartarus since then." Izuku explains.

"Tch... Nerd." Katsuki scoffs, with Izumi rolling her eyes at the boy.

"That was a near-perfect retelling of the event, and yes that is what happened. there were a few other variables but they weren't important in the long run." All Might says with a smile.

"Moving on to the battle team-ups. We have the following teams as Villains. Teams A, C, E, G, H, M, L, O, P, R, and T." Blaze announces.

"The rest of the teams will be the heroes. Since we have one villain team extra, one hero team will have to either fight twice or fight two villain teams together. That and the matchups shall be declared soon. Take this time to warm up. And remember that everything you hear and say will be heard and seen by us through the cameras placed in the buildings." All Might warns them as he walks out of earshot with Blaze to discuss something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592K 36K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
410K 16.9K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
317K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
903K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one