Primalcraft: Crimes of the Fa...

By Nefersita91

The witches have started to throw out shifters and witches who refuse to stay silent when it happened from th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 7

380 37 9
By Nefersita91

Rubbing his face, trying to keep awake, Alex looked down at his tea. Maybe it was time to start drinking coffee if he was not allowed to sleep anytime soon, but he hates that vile drink. His phone has rung none stop for god knows how long. Shifters calling him, telling things he already knows, or utter their worries about rumors they heard. Others just wanted to grumble because of all the witches that has fled to Claerwen Valley after being exiled by the Elan Coven when they disagreed with them. The trust for witches was at an all-time low and the shifters really didn't want them in the territory.

Not that it was up to them so they grumble and complain in response. Bringing up the scolding heat to his mouth, he closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth spreading through his body when he drank. Though his enjoyment was halted by a prickling feeling spreading along his spine. Opening his eyes, peering towards the origin of the feeling. Two cold eyes on a rough face adorned with a bald head and tattoos on a sturdy body met his.

Narrowing his eyes, Alex could feel his cat growl dangerously. The scent of wolf hit his nose, but not the usual wolf scent. This one felt a bit off, a bit foreign. The man seemed to not even care about Alex's clear dislike of him staring, walking over from his corner of the cafeteria toward him.

Alex's eyes follow the man as he sits down across from him without asking, eyes unblinking as they sized each other up. "Well, aren't you bloody polite? How about asking before you bother me, mate? Can I help you?"

"Just inspecting the area." the man said, clearly relaxed despite Alex's intention of intimidating him. His accent sounded American, though it was a bit off as a bit of Irish peeked through in some words.

"For what?"

"People."

Alex snorted, gesturing towards the empty cafeteria. "Most aren't around the cafeteria six at night."

"You are."

"So, it's me you want to inspect."

"Clearly."

"And why would you do that?"

Tilting his head, the man watched him for a while. "Because you fascinate me."

"You are not my type, mate. Not French enough."

"I care little for if I'm your type or not, I am fascinated by your background," the man leaned back, tapping his finger on the table. "The son of a serial murderer, dedicating his life to hunting down his father who is entangled in dark magic."

Alex's eyes narrowed, "Who are you?"

"Lachlan Raine. Witch hunter," the man said simply, like that explained everything.

"Witch hunter? What? You didn't cut it as an accountant so you decided to make your hobby your job?"

Raine smirked, "I'm actually quite similar to you. I saw the dark side of magic and decided to hunt it down."

"I'm not hunting down dark magic, mate. I'm hunting my father."

"Are the two things separate?"

"Yes, one is a person. The other is a tool. You don't stop the knife, you stop the one wanting to stab you with it."

"I find it interesting that despite your words, you still allow a dark witch to be so close to you," Raine said, his tapping coming to a halt.

Alex already knew what he was hinting at but that did not mean that he could act the fool. "What dark witch."

"Pyramus Marshall and Blake Oakley, pick one."

Letting out a chuckle, Alex took a sip of his tea, letting out a satisfied sigh. "You have my blessing to try and stop Pyramus. Just don't come crawling back to me when your pale ass gets cursed. Gypsies are a vengeful bunch."

"And Blake?"

"Touch him and you won't be walking out here with your arms intact. I'll rip them off you and beat you to death with them," Alex said cheerily, his wide smile did not hide the coldness in his eyes as he watched Raine.

"That boy has more protectors than the queen."

"Ain't that the bloody truth. That should tell you something about the lad."

"That he is a dainty lad who knows how to pout himself to innocence."

Alex almost spluttered out the tea, "Accurate, but not the point. He isn't just acting innocent. I can see such bullshit a mile away. He is also dense enough to be silly and brave. He forgives even when someone has hurt him, and despite seeing the worst in people he still looks for the good in them. I and many others, find that rare and precious quality."

"That does not forgive his transactions."

"There is nothing to forgive. Using dark magic isn't illegal."

"It should be."

"Questionable. Dark magic might be addicting, so is certain drugs used by hospitals. They can still be useful and save lives, as long as they are used carefully and in moderation," Alex said, still hating the scent of dark magic on Blake. Like a festering wound not really healing.

"And the lad's white hair is a testament that he hasn't used dark magic carefully and in moderation."

"Perhaps, but he is also young and just entering the supernatural world. He knew nothing about us a year ago and frankly, how good are any of us when we are introduced to this world. I don't know about you but I spent about three years chasing mice and clawing on anything I could find."

"Those are harmless actions."

"True, I was lucky, but I have seen actions since I came here that can make your skin crawl. The lads in this school have committed crimes and the excuse, they couldn't control themselves because they are new, seem to work on them so why not with Blake."

Raine snorted, finally rising from his seat. "You are too lenient towards him. If he is not punished for his actions, then will he ever learn?"

"Who said he wasn't punished?"

Raine cocked an eyebrow at him and Alex rolled his eyes, "Fine, he pouted and we patted his head, but he still understood. People got hurt, including Blake himself, and no one is harder on himself than Blake."

"We'll see. I will have my eyes on that lad and one wrong step..."

Alex's eyes watched Raine walk away. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I have a feeling that when Blake messes up, you will be there to stand in my way. I thought it would be better to introduce myself before I rip your head off.

*****

Squinting, covering his eyes while peering down the field. As the newbies ran across the halfway line, he kicked. Screaming towards them to run. The newbie followed suit, chasing the ball only to not even coming close to the ball as it touched the 20 metre line.

"Come on, guys! The whole point of this game is to catch the ball," shouted Jaxon before he let out a groan, and Aeron who stood by the side raising his hands like to wash himself of the responsibility.

"Don't look at me."

"You are the captain!"

"In name only, I'm mostly just here to look pretty."

"You are failing at that too," grumbled Jaxon, becoming even more sullen when he saw Aeron wave at his girlfriend. A red-haired squirrel shifter with way too much energy, who currently was jumping up and down the spectator stands to get Aeron's attention.

"At least my baby is here," Aeron said with a cocky smirk. "Where is yours?"

"He has another lesson in magic."

"Again?"

"Yeah, apparently my mom and his teachers have decided to work his overtime."

Glancing at Jaxon, Aeron shrugged." I cannot blame them. That boy has mad skills, but he is untrained. Since the conflict between shifters and witches has become strained with some mad god-"

"Archon," Jaxon pointed out but was ignored.

"Running around, we will need all the fire power we got and I have a feeling that your darling along with his guardian will be crucial in the future."

"Elliott keeps saying the same."

"By the way, what is the deal with that guardian of his."

"Coney?"

"Not the rabbit," Aeron smacked Jaxon over the head. "The one smelling like ash."

"Who knows. I don't even think Blake knows much about him."

"I can smell secrets coming off that guy. I don't think he had said one truth since he arrived."

Jaxon shrugged, he never trusted Ahriman fully but he seems to protect Blake if only doing so rather poorly. Mostly because Blake has a tendency to throw himself at danger and using spells he knew nothing about.

Feeling Aeron tensing beside him, Jaxon looked up to see Ronan coming towards them. With one piercing stare from Ronan, Aeron scurried off with his tail between his legs and Jaxon cursed his half-assed friendships.

"Why are you still around?" asked Jaxon, not even bothering to sound polite. Ronan didn't seem to care, glancing over the young shifters. His eyes narrowing when he saw them stumble around like newborn foal.

"Helping."

"Haven't you done enough?"

Nodding towards the lads," Do you rather throw them into battle? Hate me or like me but at least I know how to fight."

Jaxon snorted but didn't refute the fact. He could sense Nightmane growl but even his wolf was reluctant to fight this guy. Not that his wolf would back down if it came to that but both of them could sense Ronan's experience and since Ronan defeated Elliott easily, Jaxon was not as confident that he could beat him. At least, not without using his entire strength and that was not an option.

"I have been interrogating Mark Rowe, "Ronan said, seemingly glancing at Jaxon to see his reaction but Jaxon just shrugged.

"So? Have you decided what to do with him?"

"Yes, we are sending him to another pack. Hiding him from the witches and druids while he is to work off his crimes."

"He murdered someone. A child."

"He was compelled to do so by a spell. He was a tool. It might not remove his crime but it should at least ease it up a bit, " Ronan replied turning his gaze towards the players again. "Though that isn't the interesting part."

"Oh?" Jaxon replied, not really interested.

"No, he told me something rather interesting that happens at the start of the previous school year," Ronan made a dramatic pause but Jaxon didn't take the bait and just cocked an eyebrow. "When he attacked Blake and you tried to stop him."

Jaxon felt himself tensing. "So, he was an asshole before the spell. Anything new?"

"Does Elliott know?"

"That Mark is an asshole?"

"About you? What you can do? What you are?"

Jaxon stared at Ronan who now looked at him, inspecting him like he was a piece of meat. "No, and he never will. If you tell him, I will rip off that head of yours."

Without further ado, Jaxon stormed off, feeling anxiety drip down his spine. His heart beating, not wanting to think about his family finding out his secret. Why couldn't it just have stayed hidden?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 2.1K 70
Realin Mahariel was one of the wandering peoples, the Dalish. Content with the life she was leading, a chance encounter with an ancient relic changes...
92.1K 5.8K 27
Blake is a young boy from a small village in England. He moves to a school in Wales to get away from his painful past and hopes to start again in a n...
411 6 15
Last edited April '23 ------ Shifters had ruled the good and the bad of Nina's life, well mostly the bad. The only good shifter she knew was her fath...
10.9K 200 15
Red legion attack Beacon and Vale taking the Light from our beloved guardians, and lost a member of the team. The Time has passed, now they all went...