Chapter 14

"Well, someone is glowing. I'm guessing your little night out had the desired result," Aeron said, slugging Jaxon's arm. He was grinning like a fool, while Hadrien, Haley, and Aeron stood by his side with knowing smirks.

"Yeah, it started a bit rocky but I figured it out."

"Figured it... What? You didn't know where to put it in?" Aeron asked, his face looking incredulous.

"I didn't put it in. He did."

"He... did," Aeron said slowly, like he was trying to figure out a mathematical problem.

Hadrien just rolled his eyes," Blake was the top."

"Blake was-" Aeron's eyes went wide. "Seriously, are you okay, man. Are you sure you should be in practice?"

"For fuck sake. He was bent over, not beaten up," Hadrien replied, groaning as Aeron seem to study Jaxon for any residue of last night's activities.

"Outside you grinning like a fool, I don't see anything wrong."

"Of course not. Superhealing, remember? I thought that it made more sense that I would take it since I could heal up faster," Jaxon said, not mentioning his little problem with not getting it up when Blake had cried.

"And Nightmane just accepted that. He is an alpha. Male alpha often refuses to submit," Haley finally pointed out, seemingly curious by the affair. It made Jaxon wonder if he had similar troubles, but considering that Nightmane was more than willing to raise his ass for Blake, rather eager to do it actually, Jaxon doubted that sex was much about submitting anything.

"There was no problem from Nightmane, actually he seemed very eager."

"The poor guy has lived in celibate for quite a while, maybe he thought it was better than nothing," Aeron laughed.

Jaxon was about to reply when he noticed that Aeron's girlfriend was running over. What was her name? Erin Lewis? Her red hair flowing in the wind and the blue eyes wide. Her pale skin was flushed from running, and she keeled over panting between her breathe.

"There... is.... Problems... Blake."

Jaxon tensed at Blake's name. "What about Blake?"

Erin took a deep breath, before starting to fidget. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"You didn't know what?"

"A scary bald guy was searching for Blake, I didn't really think about it and pointed him toward the art guild. I saw Blake go there alongside that dark arts teacher."

"Scary bald guy..." Jaxon muttered, trying to recall anyone with that description.

"And... What is the problem?" Aeron asked gently. His eyes were patient and kind. If he only always was like that, then he wouldn't come across as such an asshole.

Jaxon's eyes suddenly went wide as the image of the witch hunter Lachlan Raine came into his mind. "Shit!"

"He attacked them."

Barely hearing her words, Jaxon had started to sprint. He could hear footsteps behind him but both he and his wolf were focused on one thing. Blake. He needed to find him. Following the residue of Blake's sent, he soon arrived at the art guild.

It didn't take long before he saw him. Blake was struggling in a strangling grip from Raine, whose eyes were glowing as he watched Pyramus Marshall. Pyramus was keeled over, holding his midriff. Blood was dripping between his hands, and his eyes were dark. Unnaturally so as black veins started to pulsate along his body.