Rebirth in Hengdian

By patatoh_rou

[DISCLAIMER: I do not own the story.] By: 研研夏日 (YanYanXiaRi) In her previous life, Li Zixi lived in a film an... More

Disclaimer
UPDATE
Chapters 1-4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: For the first time
Chapter 12: Upstairs neighbor is renovating again
Chapter 13: Are female stars now so ugly?
Chapter 14: Audition
Chapter 15: Have the power not to be a bastard
Chapter 16: Ditched filming for the male god
Chapter 17: Filming is in progress
Chapter 18: Agents and celebrities
Chapter 19: The director's difficulties
Chapter 20: Otaku doesn't watch gossips and loves to eat desserts
Chapter 21: Thank you for the cake, too polite
Chapter 21 Part 2
Chapter 21 Part 3
Chapter 22: Have you gone for plastic surgery?
Chapter 23: Young Master Ye's gossip
Chapter 23 Part 2
Chapter 24: Acted not shy enough!
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 25: Male god's voice
Chapter 25 Part 2
Chapter 27: Met a friend on the show
Chapter 28: Young Master Ye can you film?

Chapter 26: Whether or not to buy fans

431 3 0
By patatoh_rou

CHAPTER 26

In the evening, Wang Jie called to notify Li Zixi of a variety show 《Let's Chat》 that she'll be on. This variety show is among the top five rated talk show in the country.

  The theme of this episode is: Looking for the *first love in the advertisement.

[*first love – I think this is the 'nation's first love' which would be an actress who looks like your innocent and pretty girl next door]

  It mainly introduces some pure-looking actresses who often appear in advertisements. Most of these actresses are models and some have even gone viral.

  The guests who will be on the show have already been booked, and there is no Li Zixi in it.

  Generally, it's impossible to be invited without a certain degree of reputation. After all, the people in the program group also have to eat. Inviting an unfamiliar celebrity would mean low ratings. The consequence of low ratings is that the funds provided by the station will be reduced, and their treatment deteriorates.

  But a few days ago, the head of Muzi Pictures very obscurely mentioned to Wang Jie to let Li Zixi have more opportunities of exposure. Therefore, Wang Jie did everything possible using relationships to get her such an exposure.

  Anyway, a few well-known female celebrities have already been invited, it doesn't hurt to add one more. Moreover, Muzi Pictures is also the largest film and television company domestically. Their artists must have their own merits and it is impossible for them to remain anonymous forever. Even if this female star has no shining point, letting Muzi Pictures owe them a favor is a guaranteed profit.

  With these idea in mind, the program team readily agreed to their request.

  When Li Zixi received the news, there wasn't much feeling because she didn't know the popularity of 《Let's Chat》 domestically. Naturally, she didn't get excited. She just felt that having a backer is good. She doesn't have to bother about these things, the resources fly into her hands.

  Wang Jie said that she would gain exposure after this program. She nodded in agreement to applying for a Weibo account.

  Until Wang Jie said something like this:

  "You are a female celebrity who has no work, no mass base and no popularity. In order to make your Weibo look not so ugly, the company decided to buy you fans. Of course, because you are not popular, buying too much, I'm afraid it will be discovered. So, at first, only 200,000 can be bought. The amount that will be bought in the future will depend on your level of development. So, you should not complain against the company..."

  Before Wang Jie finished talking, Li Zixi interrupted Wang Jie's words: "Hold on, Wang Jie. Don't buy fans."

  Wang Jie was stunned for a moment and said, "En? Do you have any other ideas? After all, buying fans will be beneficial for you. "

  Li Zixi said: "En, I know, the company is doing this for my own good. But I don't want to buy fans, I don't want to take the internet celebrity route. I want to honestly act. 200,000, 2 million, or even 20 million fans make no difference to me. I want the audience to recognize me in the drama, not only on the internet."

  Li Zixi paused for a moment, hearing no response from the other end of the phone. She went on to say, "Of course, having more fans is good, but if these fans are following me not because they like me and my acting, what's the significance of that to me? I don't need this so-called glamorized facade."

  After listening to Li Zixi, Wang Jie raised an eyebrow and thought about it for a while before saying, "Then it's up to you. I think the company's boss will thank you for saving Muzi Pictures money."

  When Li Zixi heard the answer from Wang Jie on the other end, she finally relaxed: "Thank you, Wang Jie."

  "You're welcome. Remember, you are to record the TV program on Thursday."

  "Okay, I understand."

  After hanging up the phone, Chen Pingping sat next to Li Zixi and asked curiously: "Xixi, why is Wang Jie looking for you?"

  Li Zixi said, " Wang Jie said that she scheduled me to go to a TV program on Thursday."

  "What TV program?" Chen Pingping asked excitedly. Her family's Xixi is awesome, she just made one advertisement, played a little maid, and appear on a program.

  "En, it seems..." Li Zixi was just recalling the program's name when she received the time and place from Wang Jie on her phone.

  Looking at the phone, Li Zixi raised her head and said: "En, 《Let's Chat》"

  "《Let's Chat》? Really, I heard you right? Xixi, you are so amazing, you can appear on the program so soon. Ah ah ah ah ah~ I am so happy!" Chen Pingping said excitedly.

  Seeing Chen Pingping this excited and energetic, Li Zixi knew that she once again underestimated the strength of her backer.

  She sat down on the sofa and said, "Ping Ping, you know, I rarely read gossip and rarely watch variety shows. Tell me about this show."

  "Ow ow ow, Xixi, did you know, this program is among the top five rated program in the country, not the top three. It's almost there anyway. It's among the few top programs. There is a host, two assistants, and all three of them are men. The host is Teacher Gao Zhuo. The two assistants are Xu Huahua and Peng Da. These two assistants also take on some hosting tasks. This program's theme is mostly chatting. As long as a celebrity appears on this program, they will basically be popular. Basically, those who are not well-known will not be able to get in. Xixi, you are really amazing. "

  Hearing Chen Pingping's answer, Li Zixi has basically understood what kind of show this is. Later, she searched the show on her phone again and watched several episodes.

  After getting familiar with the routines of the program group, Li Zixi opened Weibo again to look at the top hot search news. Hanging at the top of the list are the man who lives upstairs and the woman who has abandoned the role she's playing now. In short, they are Ye Handong and Wu Xinran.

  It's no wonder that Chen Pingping said that where there is Young Master Ye, there are hot searches. She originally thought there would be some nutritional content, but when she clicked in, it was all things that *neither hurt nor tickle. Fans creatively put together pictures of Ye Handong and Wu Xinran obtained from various sources, some even made videos.

[*neither hurt nor tickle – something wrong but not sure what is it; superficial; not getting to any matter of substance]

  After looking at it, Li Zixi thought, don't know if this hot search was generated naturally, or was bought by Ye Handong or Wu Xinran.

  If Ye Handong bought it, Li Zixi felt it was a pity for his face and good voice. Apart from frequently getting disturbed by the earth-shattering noise he makes, she has a good opinion of him. If Wu Xinran bought it, there is nothing more to say. It is normal for a less popular female celebrity to rub heat from popular male celebrities.

  After looking, Li Zixi opened other popular hot searches on Weibo. In addition to looking at the content inside, she also read the comments below. Otherwise, if someone tells a joke, you won't be able to get it. Sometimes the comments are better than the content itself.

  By Wednesday afternoon, Li Zixi and Chen Pingping flew to the city where the program group is located. After getting off the plane, the two of them went to the hotel first to drop off their things. Next, they went to the night market to shop!

  The biggest feature of this city is that there are so many delicious foods, specially spicy! Just right for Li Zixi's appetite. At the night market, Li Zixi could hardly move her legs. This is also delicious, that is also delicious.

  Quickly taking advantage of this time to eat enough. She believes that she is going to be popular. Surely after getting popular, she would definitely not be able to openly come here to eat without pictures.

  Li Zixi was holding a bunch of bright red skewers and eagerly eating them. Suddenly two girls walked up to her. One of the girls said, "Wow, aren't you the female star on this bottle of drink? I have seen you, some time ago."

  Li Zixi didn't dare move. Chen Pingping quickly handed over tissues and said to the two girls in front: "Yes, it's our family's Xixi."

  "Wow, you are so beautiful ah. Can I have a picture with you?"

  Li Zixi wiped her mouth, put the remaining unfinished skewers into Chen Pingping's hands, and said with a smile: "Of course."

  With that, the two girls took a group photo with Li Zixi.

  After taking pictures, several people chatted with Li Zixi for a while.

  "We have been paying attention to you for a long time. You are so good at eating!"

  "Aren't you female celebrities want to lose weight? Can you eat so casually?"

  He he, is this complimenting her? Regardless, she'll just consider it as complimenting her.

  "Thank you, I have been starving for two days, so I came out to have a meal." Li Zixi said jokingly.

  "Wow, female stars like you are so pitiful."

  Before leaving, the two girls said to Li Zixi: "I wish you become more and more popular. I also wish for you to eat more delicious food."

  Li Zixi watched the two girls get farther and farther and couldn't laugh or cry.

  Chen Pingping, beside her, said: "Xixi, I think you should pay attention to your own image when you go outside next time. With just one advertisement, people recognized you. Once the TV series or variety show are broadcasted, you'll get more and more popular ah. In case a bad photo of you gets out now, all of it will become black history ah." As she talked, she picked a skewer in her hand and ate it.

  Li Zixi took the skewers that haven't been eaten yet and said: "Nice try, I see you just want to swallow these delicacies, wait until I finish this meal before talking again." Then, fiercely biting on the skewers.

  The next day, after having lunch at noon, Li Zixi and Chen Pingping went to the station to record the show.

  There were originally four female stars in this episode, divided exactly into two pairs. But after adding Li Zixi, they became five stars. The program team decided to let them appear in pairs and the most famous female star will appear on the stage as the finale.

  Don't know if it's God's will or something, but the overseas flight of the female star who will be the finale was delayed and could not return for a while. So, there were only four female stars during the rehearsal.

  After the dress rehearsal, the female star has yet to come.

  The program group arranged for some of the guests to rest at the lounge. As soon as they sat down, Chen Pingping came in with news from outside that another female guest had arrived. After the arrival, she went straight to rehearsal.

  Li Zixi looked at the time, there is one hour left, there wasn't much difference. It's just that not rehearsing with them, it's not known if it will work by then. Well, the worst part will be on the later stage anyway. She has nothing to worry about.

  Soon, the program officially began recording. After the host read the opening remarks, several people started coming on stage. Among the first four advertisement models, she is the fourth one to appear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...