Rebirth in Hengdian

By patatoh_rou

[DISCLAIMER: I do not own the story.] By: 研研夏日 (YanYanXiaRi) In her previous life, Li Zixi lived in a film an... More

Disclaimer
UPDATE
Chapters 1-4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: For the first time
Chapter 12: Upstairs neighbor is renovating again
Chapter 13: Are female stars now so ugly?
Chapter 14: Audition
Chapter 15: Have the power not to be a bastard
Chapter 16: Ditched filming for the male god
Chapter 17: Filming is in progress
Chapter 18: Agents and celebrities
Chapter 19: The director's difficulties
Chapter 20: Otaku doesn't watch gossips and loves to eat desserts
Chapter 21: Thank you for the cake, too polite
Chapter 21 Part 2
Chapter 21 Part 3
Chapter 22: Have you gone for plastic surgery?
Chapter 23 Part 2
Chapter 24: Acted not shy enough!
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 25: Male god's voice
Chapter 25 Part 2
Chapter 26: Whether or not to buy fans
Chapter 27: Met a friend on the show
Chapter 28: Young Master Ye can you film?

Chapter 23: Young Master Ye's gossip

584 6 1
By patatoh_rou

Happy Holidays everyone!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

CHAPTER 23 PART 1

After speaking, Ye Handong pulled his slippers to go to karaoke room. In order to practice singing, he endured it.

  Looking at the depressed figure of the boss, Ah Li hastened washing up to buy cakes.

  When Li Zixi came down, Chen Pingping was already in the living room.

  "Xixi, where have you gone?"

  "Went upstairs."

  "Ah, you went upstairs to find Young Master Ye?"

  "No, to be exact, I went upstairs to find the mister who disturb people."

  "Ah, Xixi, Young Master Ye harassed you? He doesn't look like it ah. Didn't expect Young Master Ye to be such a person. I don't like him anymore!"

  Li Zixi knocked Chen Pingping on the head and said, "What are you thinking? What harassed me, it's his very loud singing that it disturbs my rest."

  Chen Pingping said with a grin: "Turns out to be like this ah, let me just say, how possible is it for Young Master Ye to be such a person. He is a *Gaolin flower ah."

[*Gaolin Flower – things that can only be seen from a distance but can't be reached or touched]

  "Yes ah, Gaolin flower. You should get dressed and wait in the living room. Maybe the Gaolin flower's assistant will come find you for help. Oh, remember to reap the benefits." Li Zixi went to the study to continue "learning".

  Through Ye Handong's matter, Li Zixi deeply felt in herself the lack of her knowledge in the entertainment industry. Although Ye Handong is a singer, in this way, she didn't even pay attention to such a famous singer. This seems problematic for most people. You can not like singers and not listen to songs, but you can't not have heard of them and don't know them. Singing and performing arts are not separated into families ah. There are still a lot more she has to learn. Starting today, continue to read gossips.

  Chen Pingping followed Li Zixi all the way to the study, she said excitedly: "Xixi, are you telling the truth? Or is it a joke? Young Master Ye's assistant will really come to me? What for?"

  Li Zixi turned on the computer on the side and said: "Of course looking for your help ah, go out and wait."

  "Help? Find me?" Chen Pingping's eyes widened. What can she help Young Master Ye for? Does Young Master Ye need her to help... ... disservice?

  "This is the chance I have worked so hard to create for you to be near your idol ah. Little girl, you have to grasp it well. Jiayou!" After speaking, Li Zixi pushed Chen Pingping out.

  Chen Pingping still wanted to ask, but when she saw Li Zixi's closed door, she knew she couldn't ask anymore. She foolishly hugged a pillow while sitting on the sofa. Her family's Xixi is so kind to her ah. Haha, haha.

  Chen Pingping sent fruits to Li Zixi twice and sitting bored on the sofa, about to fall asleep, when someone finally knocked on the door. Chen Pingping saw from the screen that the person outside was the assistant following Young Master Ye yesterday. She quickly tidied her clothes and opened the door pretending to be calm.

  "Hi, beauty!" Ah Li greeted with a grin.

  "Do you need anything?" Chen Pingping asked calmly.

  "No, I'm here to give you gifts as an apology." Ah Li shook the chocolate cakes in his hands.

  As Chen Pingping was about to take it, Ah Li retracted his hands and said, "Perhaps, you can let me in and sit down first."

  Chen Pingping paused, stared at him, thought about it for a few seconds, then invited him in.

  After sitting on the sofa, Ah Li asked in a low voice: "Don't know if your boss is in? I want to apologize on behalf of our boss."

  Chen Pingping looked at Ah Li, thought about what Xixi said just now, and said, "She's here ah, but busy. Just tell me directly what you want to say."

  "Oh, it's like this, that's really great." Ah Li, hearing that Li Zixi can't come out, was immediately relieved. That beauty's aura is too big, he dare not provoke her.

  Hearing this, Chen Pingping glared at him. Ah Li immediately changed his tone: "No, I meant it's him who apologizes. Anyway, here is our sincerity. Two pieces of Young Master Ye's exclusively favorite chocolate cake, specially made for beauties, with more chocolate."

  When Chen Pingping heard this, her eyes were already sticked to the cake, saliva almost coming out. But for the Xixi, she still had to remain calm.

  "The things are already delivered; you can go now."

  "Aiya, beauty, don't be so dismissive. Let's talk for a while, don't you like Young Master Ye? I have a lot of exclusive gossip here."

  Chen Pingping looked tangled. She closely studied Ah Li again. She couldn't help it anymore and asked in a low voice, "What gossip?"

  When Ah Li heard a play, he said, "However, before I tell you Young Master Ye's gossip, shouldn't you tell me first the latest work schedule of your boss ah, and when she will come back to stay?"

  Chen Pingping immediately *fried her hair after hearing this and roared, "Tell me, what do you want to do? When I first saw you, I feel that you are one with an *eyebrow of a thief and eyes of a rat!"

[*fried hair – lose one's temper; angry; fluctuation in one's emotions (just like that of birds' feather or cats' hair standing up when stimulated for some reason)]

[*eyebrow of a thief and eyes of a rat – being dishonest]

  Ah Li was shocked. He stood up and explained: "Beauty, don't misunderstand ah. This is what our boss and your boss have discussed this morning."

  "Really?" Chen Pingping asked suspiciously.

  "Really!" Ah Li said then nodded firmly.

  "That, you wait. I'll go ask Xixi." With that, Chen Pingping went to the study.

  Five minutes later, Chen Pingping came out of the study.

  Ah Li looked at Chen Pingping triumphantly and said, "How about it, what I said was right?"

  "You're right, you're right. Come, drink some water first!" Chen Pingping poured Ah Li a glass of water and said, "Right, you said just now that you have Young Master Ye's gossip, what gossip?"

  Ah Li thought Chen Pingping would tell him immediately. Unexpectedly, she started to change the subject. What is this situation?

  "Then when will your boss come back and stay?"

  "Aiya, recently, my memory is so bad. Haven't heard of any interesting gossips. I really can't remember ah. So, what is Young Master Ye's gossip? Does he really not know Wu Xinran?"

  Ah Li thought angrily in his heart, they indeed are worthy to be a pair of master and servant, both of them are black-hearted *tangyuan.

[*tangyuan – sweet glutinous rice balls served in soup or syrup, traditionally eaten during Lantern Festivals or sometimes at reunion celebrations to symbolize unity and bond

Usually, tangyuan is white on the outside and black on the inside because of the filling made with black sesame seeds. So, I think that's what Ah Li meant. I just can't find anything that will support my assumption.]

  However, for the boss, he'll put up with it.

  "That is correct, don't know her."

  "That, Wu Xinran, have she contacted Young Master Ye?"

  ...

  Ah Li took a sip of water and said, "Beauty, you have been asking for half an hour, tell me the answer now bah. "

  Chen Pingping immediately said with a cold face: "You also know that I asked for half an hour. Didn't you just say that you have gossip? What gossip, you didn't talk about gossip, it was I doing all the asking!"

  Ah Li pointed at Chen Pingping and said: "You...... you...... you"

  "I am what?"

  "You are really beautiful. Okay, let me tell you a few more!"

  "Young Master Ye is a person who likes to eat chocolate, chili also."

  "Wrong ah, according to his profile, Young Master Ye never eats chili."

  "That's because he sings so can't eat it. When not recording songs, he eats more than anyone else."

  ...

  Ah Li painstakingly talked for a long time. Didn't say what couldn't be said and said everything that could be said. After that he asked: "Okay, beauty, shouldn't you tell me now the answer?"

  Chen Pingping glanced at the time, it's almost twelve. She said mercifully: "Okay ah, the answer is, we will leave this afternoon. We won't be back within a week as long as there is no special circumstances."

  "What if there is a special circumstance?"

  "If there's any special circumstance? We won't know in advance ah, you know. Actors' schedule is not fixed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...