Darkness of Ours (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

The year is two- thousand, twenty-seven. The USA has collapsed. America is dead. The Cabinet of States has a... More

What you need to know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
400 Follower Special

Chapter 14

2.4K 78 265
By Amaura1406

Russia's P.O.V

My seat jolted upwards, as the plane bumped against it's landing sight. The skin on my back was pressed firmly against the chair's padding. I could hear my partner beside me squeal in pain, whilst the start of his wings were pressed deep into the pillow behind him.

I quickly propped my arm in between him and the seat's spine. It seemed to help him a bit, for his screams had been reduced to hushed cussing.

"Fucking hell..." He uttered. The metal machine had stopped pushing us back, and was now moving at a steady pace to one of the airport off-loading slights.

His head defeatedly thumped on my shoulder. It was like all the anxiety of being separated from his few states had torn him down. That plus the flight had really exhausted him.

I couldn't say I was much better though. My eyelids drooped and felt heavy; a yawn was at the tips of my lips. Though that was to be expected, because it was how my health had behaved over the last month.

Always tired, stressed, and angry.

It wasn't a good combo, I knew that. I tried to keep it to myself intact for the states' sake, but my shell shattered sometimes.

"You okay?" I asked the American. My voice was hushed, yet my tone was caring.

His head twisted a tad, which made his untamed hair brush up against my neck. The interaction sent a lovely shiver up my spine.

He groaned, "It just hurts...like a lot."

My lover's face scrunched up, and I felt his fingers cling onto my shirt. It was rather painful, however, I let it slide.

"Shh," I started to run my hand down his back, while my irises watched him calm down. "You'll be okay. I can get you some medical attention once we arrive at the facility. Maybe they can make you something to protect your wings, so that they won't get hurt as much. Until then, try to stay strong. I know it's bad, but I'll get you help soon."

He nodded his head slowly, and I saw a swarm of people start getting up. Shoes clambered down the cabin, as people got their luggage from the compartments overhead.

He snapped his head away from my shoulder, as he readjusted the hat on his head, "Thanks. Anyways, we should head out soon."

The first word lingered in my mind for a moment, as a smile spread across my cheeks. I nodded, while I began to gather my supplies.

In order to board this plane, I needed to show the airport security my ID, along with my actual face. It was to monitor where I was at all times. Due to America's death, the whole world was put on edge, for, if a superpower of the world could die, what was stopping the same thing from happening to their own country?

It was easy to get America past without recognition after I was approved, since I claimed that he was my publishing manager. With the talk of me heading back to my homeland, it was an easy lie to buy.

As we exited the plane, we were both met with a couple security officers. One of them offered to find my luggage in the bustling bag reclaim sector, to which I declined. After all, America's stuff was in there too, and I didn't want any nosy officials snooping around in there. Even if that wasn't very likely.

Once the suitcase came, we headed outside and were met by a normal-looking car. I was told to get into it, while America was ordered to a different car. He didn't understand any of what the officers were telling him.

"They're saying to get into that car." I pointed over to one of the other cars, as I handed him the luggage. "If you don't understand what they are saying, just say that you don't understand. Most of these officers have taken a forein language course and will be able to direct you to someone who can explain what's going on. I'll see you later, bye."

"Okay, bye." The small tilt in his nod gave off the aura of professionalism. He started off towards the second automobile.

The ride to the military base, that I requested to be brought to, was quite long. Nature's wonders cascaded over my eyes, as if they were a sight that I had seen every day. In all honesty, they felt that way to me. I had already been on this Earth for more than a century, and the possibility of eternal life grew closer each and every day that my country thrived.

I sighed. However, with those chances of life, came instances like this.

Brimming war.

Wars only had one winner.

And there was no telling which way the world would favor.

The car parked itself in an underground garage, though it was more like a warehouse for weapons. Small, one-man planes were positioned on one side, while the other had people bustling about a selection of rockets.

I cracked open my door and was ushered into a different set of doors. Inside of this room was a set-up podium in front of a camera. The walls were an off-white color, while the podium was a vibrant brown.

Nerves snuck into my brain and made me subconsciously adjust my tie. I never really liked these types of events. They were more my father's specialty than mine. Standing there in front of a judgemental camera crew, blinding lights, and having to speak perfectly from a speech that has been edited beyond recognition.

Overwhelming.

That was the only word that could describe what this felt like.

I took a deep breath, set my bag on my back onto a nearby chair, and pulled out the small stack of papers in the back. This was impromptu; not planned in the slightest. I basically had several plane rides to generate ideas, run them over with my 'editor', and compose a fully fleshed out presentation on what has been happening recently.

My head shook a bit. I was getting myself worked up. This would go well. I was practically obsessed over every word, it's meaning, and where it was placed.

I had a plan.

The sound of my shoes hitting the tiled floor sprang the television crew to life, as I saw the red light on their contraption start blinking. I set my papers down, thought about why I was doing this, and opened my mouth.

"Good evening," Russian felt weird on my tongue, but I pressed on anyway. "It has been quite a while since I was last seen in the public eye. The reason for my absence is that there were other, more pressing, issues that garnered my attention. However, during this time of departure, I was made aware of forces culminating on some neighboring islands, and especially on the Alaskan border with the COS."

"Among these forces were devastating weapons that caused panic in our government, for these were not there when the United States of America was still in power. Thus, the conclusion that has been reached is one that signifies that the Cabinet of States has ill intent to cause harm to us."

I glanced down at my papers, "We are doing everything in our power to keep you and your families safe. There are several safe spaces in cities across the country that are built to withstand nuclear fallout if it does indeed come down to that. Officials in your province will direct you to where you can find your local shelter. The most important thing that you can do is keep calm. This is only speculatory as of now, and we will do our best to make sure that you are educated in how to handle any and all situations that might come your way."

"I will be taking questions tomorrow, but, for now, this is goodbye."

I hurriedly grabbed my papers and rushed out of the room. I narrowly avoided one reporter who wanted the inside scoop in what was happening.

My feet raced me over to the car that was waiting for me, I opened the door, and jumped inside. As soon as I got inside of the vehicle, it sped off, as I buckled my seatbelt.

I leaned my head up against the window, and felt the cool glass press up against my skin. Today was so tiring, and I have even more to do tomorrow. Even if I didn't necessarily have to prepare anything, I still needed to wellverse myself in all aspects of the situation.

The car pulled up to another large building. I didn't notice it before, but this building and the last one had no windows.

The driver of the black taxi relayed my room number to me, then drove off once I got out with my bag.

As I made my way through the doors of the gigantic space, I felt exhaustion pulling me closer to the land of dreams. It was weird, since I wasn't tired before the speech. Maybe I was so fixated that I ignored my own needs.

A tiny, uncertain frown made its way onto my face.

Maybe...

A small sigh exited my lips, as I opened the room's door in which I was to stay in. Lines of electric chatter bounced to and from the man on my bed and his phone. A little girl was on the other end of the line.

America's head bounced up to meet my gaze, and I saw an even brighter grin take over his face. Once my eyes graced his, he pulled me inside with just the force of his stare. I took off my suit's top coat, hung it inside of the nearby closet, and slipped off my shoes before I headed over to the mattress.

The room in itself was rather plain, but that was to be expected. Living on a military base wasn't exactly cosy. The walls were a drab light, yet they were tinted a light peach in the lamp light. Speaking of a lamp, there was one positioned on a night stand next to the bed. A blanket with two pillows was thrown onto the small bed. A desk rested in the corner of the room, and a chair sloped under it's ebony, wood surface. To the left, after the little corner-way that was made, there was a door that probably led to a bathroom.

Though, I could really care less about that.

Because, no matter how cold, desolate, and deflated a place seemed, I knew that just being with my partner would transform this space into a sanctuary.

My feet clamored down on the uncomfortable flooring, as I lunged myself on the bed. I tackled America into an embrace from behind, while I rested my head in between his wings. My brain registered him grumbling into the sheets below us.

"Hi, Mr.nice magic food man who makes my Papi happy!" The phone speaker announced.

I chuckled, as I peered over America's shoulder after I slipped under his wing, "Hi, Hawaii. How are you?"

"I'm okay." She explained. We were on a facetime call, so I could see her ponder on what to say. "The plane made me tired, so I took a nap with Mr.Fluffy. Then, I woke up, but fell back asleep. Then I woke up again, but I got sad because Papi and you weren't here, so I asked Uncle Canada if I could call you. He said yes, so I did!"

"That sounds like a very busy day." I exclaimed, though my attention quickly changed to my boyfriend. "And you, America?"

Before the American could even get a word out, the smaller American spoke up, "Papi's been super lonely. He told me that he missed you and me and the others!"

"Hawaii, I think that's enough talking for now. This call is two hours long. I'll call you around dinner time, okay?" He murmured, as embarrassment clouded his features.

"Okay! Bye, Papi!"

"Bye Hawaii."

With that the call ended.

"So," I started, while my lover placed his phone down on the nightstand beside us. "Were you lonely today?"

"You heard nothing, capeesh?" He uttered. America turned around, and melted into my hold.

I stifled out a laugh, yet I felt my arms bring him closer to me, "Capeesh."

In a matter of minutes, we changed into our pajamas, took care of our nightly routine, and ended up wrapped in each other's grasps on our new bed. His head rested on my chest, as I pecked his forehead repeatedly. If he was lonely before, then I would make sure that he had some company.

"I love you." I whispered, whilst my lips met his scalp again.

"I love you too."

Word count 2140

If this feels disjointed, it's because I wrote the first and second half separately, then connected them roughly.

Anyways, I feel over the moon, because I'm being social!

So, you all know what time it is, question time!

For those of you who really want to answer this question, go back to chapter sixty-seven in LoM and compare Cabi's speech to Russia's. What is different and similar?

The reason that there wasn't any google translating in this chapter was because I wanted you to really focus on the words being said. So, what is Russia accusing Cabi of using? (Also, google translate was not used because it's unreliable)

And, If I were to tell you that we are more than halfway done with this book, how would you feel?

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura

(P.S New art book, and a new post after I publish this.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 9.1K 69
"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we both think that each other is evil." The...
29.7K 790 10
With the rising concern of nuclear weapons countries and organisations are trying to settle on a safe agreement. Unfortunately, not every country is...
149K 4.9K 75
Cover done by @NightSky259 (thank you so much!) It all started with a pandemic. The countries, unions, and governments are all working to try and hel...
21.7K 580 35
☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤! @𝕥𝕚𝕫...