Since I've Been Given Another...

By howtragicnowhelpme

They say you should always be careful about what you wish for. What complete and utter fucking 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘴𝘩𝘪... More

o. ┃previous
i. ┃sleepyhead
ii. ┃unaccountable
iii. ┃calm
iv. ┃visible
v.┃lopsided
vi.┃unlikely
vii.┃cloudy
viii.┃drawer
ix.┃procedure
x.┃application
xi.┃efficiency
xii.┃media
xiv.┃skill
xv.┃philosophy
xvi. | expression
xvii. | subversion
xviii. | permission
xix. | finding
xx. | indication
xxi. | significance
xxii. | direction
xxiii. | reception
xxiv. | environment
xxv. | analyst
xxvi. | wishing
xxvii. | assistance
xxviii. | dealer
xxix. | response
xxx. | system
xxxi. | priority
xxxii. | menu
xxxiii. | economics
xxxiv. | comparison
xxxv. | agreement
xxxvi. | weakness
xxxvii. | disaster
xxxviii. | payment
xxxix. | administration
xl. | artisan
xli. | scene
xlii. | affair
xliii. | outcome

xiii.┃possession

2.4K 155 123
By howtragicnowhelpme

"Morning..."

"You sound exhausted," Shinso noted with a raised brow as the female sat herself down at her desk, running a hand through her hair. "Doesn't seem like anybody is with you today. After yesterday, I thought your friend would have been more cautious about you 'talking' to other people."

"My apologies for that," she winced, shaking her head. After the whole lunch situation, Shinso had been relatively quiet upon her return to class, not even mentioning the fact she had gotten dragged off even once. She had thought he was fine with it, seeing how they had only met that day and she could always eat with him some other time, but apparently, she guessed wrong. "Monoma-san is a good person deep down but usually... has his moments so you'll have to forgive him. If I had known he wanted to eat lunch together, I would have waited for him and not confirmed with you so easily."

"Sounds more complicated than it's worth," he let out. A statement she couldn't agree with more. "I'm guessing he wasn't the one you were talking about yesterday? If he is, you got some weird definition of nervous."

"Oh, gods no. Monoma-san is just another person I happen to know," she waved off quickly. "Although, I'm still surprised he remembered Midoriya-san had even asked me...I would have expected him to want to eat with some of his classmates since he's been bragging about being in the hero course for so long."

"Another hero course student?" His brows furrowed, a contemplative stare directed towards her coming forth. "Kind of a strange coincidence that both of your friends are in the hero course, don't you think?"

"What do you mean by that?" The female looked over at him curiously, the boy not once losing his stare. If anything, it only seemed to narrow more.

"You don't think so? You've been going on about how good your friend is but it doesn't really seem like they want you to get along with your classmates. The guy you mentioned practically dragged you away during lunch without even asking you if you wanted to leave yet. The lunch thing just seemed like some excuse to get you to stop talking to me." He paused. "Plus, he was watching us the entire time yesterday."

"He- Wait what?" Y/N's brows scrunched, her body having stopped moving. "What do you mean he was watching us the entire time?"

When had Monoma been in the cafeteria? To her knowledge, the blonde had been nowhere near the cafeteria by the time she and Shinso had arrived. No matter where she looked, she had seen no signs of the blond nor any of her friends from her usual friend group. She had done it to make sure nobody would suddenly surprise attack her out of the blue so to hear that he had been watching from afar by her classmate only afterward was the least bit surprising. Even the way Monoma had talked after so rudely interrupting her lunch hadn't implied anything of the fact, only mentioning how he had left his classmates to come find her once he realized she wasn't going to text him.

Had Monoma lied to her?

"I mean he was watching us from his table the entire time," Shinso explained. He shrugged, his face turning away as he rubbed the back of his neck. "He was sitting with another group of people but started watching us whenever we passed him. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to assume but he basically dragged you off in the next moment. I think that's proof enough he was trying to get you to stop talking to me."

"He's not the type of person to do that," Y/N interjected. Her lips turned into a tight frown. "I'm sure he had his own reasons for interrupting us yesterday. It's just..."

"Just?"

Anyway, you're thinking into this way too much," the h/c haired girl stated swiftly. "Whatever reason he had for dragging me off yesterday, I'm sure he didn't have any sort of malicious intent."

"You mean he didn't tell you he was watching us," Shinso commented. She frowned more. He sighed. "Look, I don't want to be that guy but he was clearly trying to separate us during lunch. If he didn't tell you yesterday, then he's clearly not going to tell you today. Whatever excuse he has for himself, he was in the wrong."

"If you keep defending him like that, he's going to keep acting like this. He's not going to just try to keep you away from me, you know. He's going to start doing it with everyone you talk to if you don't sit down and address it." E/c eyes looked down at her desk, refusing to look at the other male as he spoke. "I'm only saying this because I'm worried. You seem like a nice person and I'd rather not see someone take advantage of that. If you need help telling him off or something, I can do it for you. Just don't let some guy push you around like that."

She was silent, her body suddenly feeling tense as she listened to him. She wanted to disagree with him, she really did, but at the same time, she couldn't deny that there was some truth to his words. While Monoma was nice to her, that didn't hide the fact he had pretty much been rude to Shinso yesterday nor would the blond ever apologize for it.

"I..." she started. Her hand ran over her other, eyes shifting uncomfortably. "I'll talk to him later about it."

"An actual talk or 'I'm going to let you off the hook' kind of thing?"

"Um, an actual one."

Had she ever had an actual talk with the other boy before? Although she said it, she wasn't really sure how she was supposed to go about things now. What Monoma did yesterday was going to have to be addressed at some point. Just when was that point? She had sort of said it in the spur of the moment to make Shinso stop worrying. Maybe she could just say she did it and leave it at that? Sure, she would tell Monoma to not do that type of stuff but it wasn't like she needed to actually address it, did she? She was sure he would respect her enough to not do it if she asked.

"You don't sound convinced," a brow raised.

"I've um..." she began, a slight stop. "I've never had a conversation about this type of stuff with anyone before..."

"You- What?"

"It's never really been an issue up until this point."

"You can't be serious." She watched as his shadow came closer, an arm suddenly resting on her desk. Taking a risk, she slowly moved her head up to be met with purple eyes looking at her with shock. "You've never had a conversation with a person about something like this? Never?"

"I didn't have many friends at my old school so I wasn't aware it was a problem or anything," she hummed out. She tried to look to the side but jolted when Shinso gave another sigh.

"Soma-san," he said. The earlier worry had left, now leaving something entirely dull in its wake. She remained quiet, waiting for his next words that surely would have the same tone as he had said with her current name (and oh, this was the first time he said it too, wasn't it? Somehow she didn't know how to feel about that). Purple eyes continued to stare, long and hard until finally, he broke it. He looked away, moving back. "Sorry. That was uncalled for," he muttered. The earlier tension had now dissipated, leaving only a tired boy. "I'll leave it to you then. Do you want to sit together for lunch? I want to hear more of your thoughts on U.A."

"Oh," she startled, eyes blinking with a certain blankness. "I'm not free today but I should be free tomorrow."

"Alright. Then tomorrow," he nodded. "And no interruptions this time, alright? You can't go ditching on me again."

"I won't," she let out.

She couldn't ignore the lingering aftertaste as they waited for homeroom to start.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We'll be choosing class representatives today," Snipe began. The mutterings of the class could be heard around the room, an apparent excitement growing at the words. "Since I forgot about it yesterday, we'll be doing it today before homeroom ends."

"But sir," one student asked. "How are we supposed to choose class representatives when it's only the second day?"

"I'm sure you'll all figure something out," the western hero stated. He allowed his hand to tap against a small box set on the table. "The class representatives will be chosen by vote so just put down whoever you want. After everything is in here, I'll count them up."

"So it's basically a popularity vote," Y/N quietly mused with a sweatdropped.

"You don't seem too eager about this," Shinso quirked a brow. The female simply sighed, dropping her head.

"Yes well, I'm not exactly the most outgoing person now am I?" she laughed out dejectedly before shaking her head. Snipe had begun passing out small slips of paper, the students easily handing them back down the row once they got there's. The female took a slip, laying it across her desk. "Not that I really want to be in that type of position. It's too much work."

And really, it was. She had enough work to keep her busy with looking into Masami and finding a way to get back home. Being class representative would just add more work to that. She would have to separate her time even more sparingly than it had been before and, to be frank, it was unwanted attention. She wanted to be a background character, not some shitty side-character who happened to be the class representative of Shinso's class. That was like a whole other warning flag in itself.

"It's not that much work," the purple-haired boy said as he also took a slip.

A short laugh was all she could muster.

Wasting little time, the teen began to grab a pen from her bag, eyeing the paper. She hummed under her breath before writing down a name, gently folding it up as soon as she was done. Her pen was set down on the desk as her fingers rolled it around.

The only name she could put down was Shinso. He was the only person she knew in the class other than the girl that sat beside her whom she still didn't know quite too well. If she had paid attention then maybe she would have remembered somebody else's name. But alas, she didn't, now currently suffering from that lack of outgoingness. But Shinso was better than nothing. He wasn't really a bad person when it came down to things and who knows, maybe it would help him down the line if she somehow managed to snag the position for himself. It would be a good chance for him to experience leadership and possibly even Snipe's eye since the hero was their teacher. It was a logical choice.

Hah, she said logical.

"You finished?" the male asked, the girl nodding her head. He held out his hand and she stared at it with a tilt of the head. "I'll take yours up since I'm already going up," he elaborated.

"I could do it myself," she huffed softly but relented easily when he drew his hand closer, dropping the piece of paper in it. His fingers curled around it and he gave a short smile, getting up and quickly making his way to the front to drop off their papers.

"Who did you even vote for?" he asked as soon as he got back, relaxing into his chair. She returned his earlier short smile, a glint in her eyes.

"You of course."

"Oh cool. Guess we voted for each other then."

She faltered, her smile dropping.

"Don't act so surprised," Shinso mused. "You're the only person I've talked to this whole time. Why wouldn't I vote for you?"

"That's a stupid reason for voting for someone!" she hissed quietly. "And I said I didn't want anything to do with this stuff."

"Almost as stupid as your choice for coming to U.A?" She glowered. "Relax, I'm just joking. You should have expected this though. Who else was I going to vote for?"

"I don't know, how about yourself?"

"That's too easy."

"So what, you decided to just throw my name into the batch for fun?"

"Well, why did you vote for me then?"

Radio static.

"I think my case is proven."

"Whatever my reason was, don't vote for people who don't want to be a class representative!"

Shinso raised a brow. "Why are you so adamant about not having your name in there anyway? It's not really that hard of a job to do. If you really need any help with anything, you can just ask me. It's not like I'm going to leave you for dead or anything."

"You think Snipe-sensei would notice if I stole your slip?"

"Grow up."

At that moment, Y/N wished she didn't exist.

While she continued to have her crisis and Shinso watched with amusement, the rest of the class finished submitting their slips. It took a few minutes for Snipe to fully count everything, having to go through all the different listed names and remember which ones had been repeated, but he eventually had come to a result, bringing the vote to a close.

The class president had ended up being the girl sitting next to her, the female practically looking like she was ready to die at that very moment. She didn't seem like too bad of a person besides all her nervousness, appearing to be fairly studious from what Y/N had seen of her. How she had managed to snag a couple of votes to her name was beyond her comprehension, however. Maybe she had gone around the class and talked to the other students during their free time. Whatever the case was, she was glad that it had been someone other than her. Now, they just had to finish the vote off with the vice representative-

"...And finally, our vice class representative will be Soma Masami."

She choked.

Her hands slammed on the table, eyes widening in surprise as she whipped her head around. "Who?" she stammered in shock. Her e/c eye's noticed a couple of her classmates laughing, some of them purposefully waving in her direction and causing one eye to twitch in distaste. Did they just fucking vote for her as a joke?

"Soma-san?"

"A-Ah, my apologies Snipe-sensei," she rushed out, a nervous smile appearing on her face. Snipe just noted it, not making any comments on her reaction.

"You and Sakura-san will need to meet with me after school to discuss what you'll be doing for the year," he stated. The girl beside her nodded her head frantically and after a moment, Y/N followed suit slowly. "I'll try not to make it long so please stay here once the last class ends. And everyone-" He moved his head back towards the class. "-Please treat them both with respect since they'll be the ones in charge of things from now on."

The class let out a sound in collective agreement at the order.

"Y-You're kidding me..." the h/c girl let out, her smile growing more shaking. "How in the world did this even happen? I was so sure I was...I literally never talked to anyone in the class so how?"

"Congratulations," Shinso grinned as she turned her head towards him. "You deserve it."

"Are you alright Soma-san?" the girl (Sakura, her name was Sakura) asked, her braids falling on her shoulders. She fidgeted in place, her hands hovering near her chest. "You look a little pale."

"Huh?" the female let out dumbly, snapping out of her thoughts. Sakura had moved back a little when the h/c haired girl whipped her head over. "Oh, um, my apologies. You're Sakura-san, correct?" she gulped out, forcing a laugh. "Let's um, get along since we'll be working together for the school year."

"A-Ah, yes!" Cherry hair bounced as the girl nodded her head, her eyes lighting up a little. "I hope we get along Soma-san! I didn't really get that chance to talk with you much yesterday but I hope we can change that! And you too Shinso-san!"

"Sure," the purple-haired male nodded easily. "You seem pretty excited about being class representative."

"W-Well," the girl began, fidgeting once more. She smiled softly. "I've always liked helping other people so I'm pretty happy about getting to be class representative. Most of the class seems really nice and I've was able to talk to a lot of people yesterday during lunch." A shuffle. "Honestly, I'm just surprised at how many people remembered who I am."

"I'm sure you'll do a good job," Shinso stated. He turned his attention back to the other girl, scooting closer so that he sat beside her. "Soma-san, you still there?" he asked. She blinked at him, giving a small frown before sighing.

"Unfortunately..." she grumbled. Sakura tilted her head, not hearing what the girl had said. "If you ever need anything, I'll do my best to give you a hang. I'm not that good when it comes to everything but I can certainly try."

"Thank you so much! Of course, you can do the same thing with me as well! My friend Ueno-chan is also in the class so you can always ask her for help if you ever need it! She's really sweet," the braided female let out in a single breath. "But I really hope we can be friends!"

"I don't see any problems with that," Y/N mused. Sakura's grin only grew brighter.

"Alright class, settle down now!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Midoriya-san wait a moment- Oh?"

"Masami-chan!" the greenette let out with a yelp, jerking his head over in her direction. The female gave a blank wave with her free hand, the other holding onto her bag, and nod in acknowledgment, walking towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping we could have lunch together but by the looks of it, I've been beaten," the girl noted. She stopped in front of the boy, clicking her tongue slightly before moving a hand to push down his tie. He muttered thanks as he stood still, letting her mess around with it. "I had thought you had wanted to eat lunch together today since we didn't yesterday but I suppose I was wrong."

"Who's this Deku-kun?" a brunette-haired girl said from behind, her hands behind her back. Ochako gave a wide smile, her pink cheeks brimming with excitement from her place behind the hero student.

"I wasn't aware you knew anyone outside of the class," a blue-haired boy said from the other side, his arms placed at his side. Iida carried a much more formal aura in comparison to the bubbly girl, eyes glancing from behind his glasses. Midoriya laughed softly, gesturing towards the girl hastily once she had finished.

"A-Ah, sorry," he stumbled out. "This is Masami-chan. She's in um, general studies." Green eyes looked back at her, now gesturing towards the other two students. "Masami-chan, these are my classmates."

"A pleasure to meet the two of you," Y/N greeted, her face not changing. "Thank you for keeping Midoriya-san company so far."

"It's no trouble! He's really sweet!" Ochako laughed out. The boy in question turned a bright red, waving his hands around as a few words fumbled out of his mouth, all of them unable to be understood. "I'm Ochako and this here is Iida! It's really nice to meet you too!"

"You're a student in general studies?" Iida questioned. The female hummed, her head tilting to the side as she watched the male's brows raise in surprise momentarily before it was shaken off. Whatever had caused his surprise was now met with the similar expression he had shown before. His hand moved in front of his chest. "Regardless, it is also nice to see you."

"But um..." Midoriya started, the girl breaking eye contact with the other male. "You were wanting to eat lunch together?"

"That was before I knew you were already eating with somebody else," the girl laughed, a small sweatdrop. "If I had known you already had plans, I would have accepted my classmate's earlier offer."

"We don't mind!" Ochako quickly interrupted. Y/N faltered a step at the comment, the other female still providing a very inviting grin. "You're friends with Deku-kun so there should be no problems if you have lunch with us!"

"That..." the h/c haired girl glanced to the side, her body tensing ever so much. "I wouldn't want to intrude or anything. I'm perfectly fine eating lunch alone..."

"Oh, there's no way I can allow that!" Ochako huffed. "Deku-kun, we can't let your friend eat alone!"

"I also agree! It would be rude to leave you alone for lunch!" Iida nodded his head in understanding, his eyes closing. The green-haired male laughed softly, a nervous expression on his face as he shrugged towards the non-hero student.

"It wouldn't hurt anyone if you ate lunch with us today," he began. "Plus, they don't seem to mind it."

"What kind of tactic is this..." the girl muttered under her breath, watching as all three students continued to stare at her. Well, she supposes it wouldn't do much harm to just have one lunch together. She needed to keep an eye on mister number one hero fanboy anyway. With a sigh, her shoulders drooped. "Alright. Thank you all for the invitation."

"Great! Let's get going then!" Ochako happily clapped her hands together. She kept close to the other girl as they walked to the cafeteria, the two males staying in front of them the entire way. "By the way-" she asked as they walked, her attention brought about by the curiosity in her eyes. "-how long have you known Deku-kun?"

"A little under a few months," Y/N stated cooly.

"Oh! So you've known each other before coming to school here?"

"That's correct. Midoriya-san and I went to different schools but we hung out a lot during the summer and gradually got to know each other."

"That's cool!" the female grinned with a fervent nod. "We met during the entrance exam and he ended up helping me out! He was super cool!"

"I wasn't that cool..." Midoriya added in from the front, green eyes glancing back a bit.

"If only he could keep his bones from breaking every five seconds," Y/N glanced back. The male quickly turned his attention back forward, narrowly avoiding it. "But yes, I suppose he is indeed cool. I only wish he would care a little more about his health."

"Midoriya-kun certainly does need to work with his quirk," Iida stated. "While he did pass the exam, he had also managed to break most of his bones from the impact. The same thing happened yesterday as well during our quirk examination test and hero training...But I cannot deny the fact he is indeed strong."

"W-Why is are we suddenly talking about me?"

"Because it's the only way of getting through to you," Y/N commented with a solemn expression. She sighed, holding a hand under her eye. "Don't you know how worried I was when I found out my friend had not only injured himself during the entrance exam but yesterday as well?"

"I-It wasn't like I wanted to! I-I had no other choice!"

"And now he's trying to rationalize it!"

"You're pretty funny Masami-chan!" Ochako giggled, watching as Midoriya grew a bright red and attempted to soothe the other female's worries. "I'm glad Deku-kun has other friends worrying about him. I was honestly surprised when I found out he couldn't get any villain points during the exam but now that we're in the same class, I think I get it now."

"That's what happens when you force a ton of power into one outlet," Y/N deadpanned, earning another laugh from the brunette.

"One outlet?" Midoriya repeated a small look of contemplation entering his face.

After a few minutes, they eventually reached the cafeteria and were able to find an open table beside some upperclassmen. The conversation ended up taking a turn towards class 1-A, Midoriya recounting a few of his classmates to the female and their quirks, having to be stopped midway through before his ramblings could become anymore incoherent. It was nice, seeing how Midoriya spoke so highly of everyone (the exception of his Kacchan, his face changing slightly upon talking about the explosive male). Ochako and Iida both added in their own comments here and there, adding to their personalities. While Ochako spoke in a more friendly matter in concern to her classmates, Iida was much more formal with how he addressed them. But together, they nicely complemented one another. Adding Midoriya into the batch, the three were already showing signs of how strongly their friendship would become later on.

"Midoriya-san is class representative?" Y/N exclaimed, making a gasp as if she didn't know this already.

"I-It's really nothing that special..." the boy said with a frown as he picked up a piece of his food. "Even though I've been chosen for it, I don't feel like I'm qualified."

"It'll be fine," Iida said, placing his utensil down. "Yoru courage and judgment at critical moments make you worth following."

"But didn't you also want to be class representative too, Iida-kun?" Ochako asked before Iida began going into who his brother was.

But after some time, Y/N had begun zoning out. Midoriya didn't really make any mention of it as she was still answering them when they spoke to her, but did give her some space as she poked her food around with an intense expression. She internally thanked him for being considerate enough to notice she wasn't really wanting to talk much. It seemed somewhere along the lines, he had somehow managed to pick up on her mannerisms.

From what she remembered, there would be a break-in during the lunch period. While it was originally assumed to be done by the mass media standing outside of the school (she was thankfully able to avoid it, the news reporters interested in the other students coming in), it was actually done in order to guise the inside job of stealing the 1-A class schedule. According to what she knew, Shigaraki would be the one to demolish the front entrance as shown by his appearance and the type of damage that was done. What she didn't know, however, was how exactly the schedule would be stolen. If the school was on alert because of the media storming in, then she supposed it would be a likely assumption that Kurogiri and Shigarki had worked together to break in. If the school was already on alert, then there was also a possibility an unidentified person with an unknown quirk wouldn't be used. Additionally, Shigaraki didn't have many permanent members of the league yet, just a few hired goons.

What she wanted to check on though was whether or not it would be the same as in the original plot. In the original plot, nobody had been able to catch the perpetrator, meaning the schedule had been taken with little trouble. But due to her little introduction and her previous experiences with the plot, she was unsure as to what would stay the same. Midoriya had almost lost his chance at getting his quirk, meaning there was also a possibility something could also go wrong here as well. If someone were to confront the invader, would they be able to make it out alive and unharmed? If one were to get caught in that situation, they would definitely want to make sure there were no witnesses. And if her suspicions about Shigaraki and Kurogiri being the ones to do it were correct, it probably wouldn't end well. A pro hero might end up scathed a little but a student? That wouldn't go the same. Likewise, if the villains were discovered this early, it would mean the league gets found out earlier than usual and might postpone USJ which she couldn't have happen. USJ needed to happen so that Midoriya could learn how to use his quirk better and to show what exactly the villains were capable of. While introducing them early would also show who the villains were, it would mean the heroes would never see the Nomu, a creature who would play a large factor in the later Hosu incident. There was also the simple fact it would ruin everything in the plot.

What if the villains did get caught? Wouldn't that mean All For One would just move on to something else? Was All Might even ready to confront him if he decided to come out of the blue? What would it mean for the later villains as well? There was still the Meta Liberation Army. If there was nobody standing in their way, what would happen later? There were too many unknowns that came with messing with things now.

Basically, she just needed to stick close to Midoriya until the alarms went off. Once everyone was in a panic, she could sneak off towards the teacher's lounge.

"-Soma-chan?"

"Eh?" she let out, nearly falling over her hand under her chin. Iida quickly offered a hand to steady her, the female blinking dumbly as he did so. Ochako and Midoriya were busy talking about something over the boy's phone, the boy excitedly pointing out something she couldn't make out. "Um, sorry. Did you say something?"

"You seem tired," the glassed boy commented as he retracted his hand. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yes, I did," she answered with a tight face. "Is there something wrong with the way I look?"

"Not at all!" the male raised a hand in defense. "But I have been trying to gain your attention for the last few minutes. You were extremely dazed."

She winced, retracting. "Oh, I see. I guess...there's just a lot on my mind right now..."

"I see," he responded with a nod. His hand moved down as he considered her. "Perhaps you would like to talk about it? Talking about your problems with other people may help relieve whatever stress you're currently going through."

"I appreciate the offer but it's not really something I can talk about with other people...Thank you for your consideration though. I feel a lot better already."

"If you say you're alright, then I won't push it."

"Mhm."

"But ah, Soma-chan..."

The male paused, eyes glancing down. His brows furrowed ever so much, glasses tinting a bit as he looked down at the table for a few seconds. Eventually, he brought his head back up, blue locks covering the top of his face as he managed a small smile. She couldn't help but stare silently, pausing in her tracks as he opened his mouth once again.

"I'm glad you're alright."

She blinked for a few seconds, processing what he had just said. Her head reeled, the pieces seeming to click together and causing her eyes to widen.

When did Iida learn her last name?

Her hand slowly moved up as her mouth began to open. His smile fell. "Ii-"

RING.

"An alarm?" Midoriya let out as he looked at the speaker. Y/N faltered in her step, her hand falling back down as her mouth promptly shut. Iida had looked at her for a second, seeming to wonder what she was about to say before looking away like Ochako.

"THERE HAS BEEN A LEVEL THREE SECURITY BREACH. ALL STUDENTS PLEASE EVACUATE OUTDOORS PROMPTLY."

"What's level three security?" Iida turned towards another student seated at their table.

"It means someone is trespassing on school grounds!" they quickly ushered out, already moving to get up. "I've never seen anything like this in the three years I've been here! You should hurry too!"

Before Iida could add anything else or question what the student meant, the upperclassman had already leaped up from their seat and was running towards the exit of the cafeteria. Many more students had followed suit, rushing for the doors.

"Should we follow them?" Ochako said worriedly as she got up from her seat. She frowned watching the mass of students building up, Midoriya slowly nodding his head as he got up along with Iida. "That's the only way outside, right?"

"There's nothing else we can do but listen to what is being said over the intercoms," Iida stated. "Although, the way that students are leaving the room is a bit..."

"L-Let's hurry then!" Midoriya exclaimed. He slowly began to head towards the exit, Iida and Ochako following close behind while Y/N stayed near the back a little more.

She grimaced. She really wanted to know what Iida meant by what he said. The way he had said that, had he possibly known Masami before coming to U.A? If so, what kind of person was Masami really? A piece of information she had no time to deal with right now if she wanted to continue with her original plan.

Taking a breath, she forcefully tripped on her foot as soon as another crowd of students came near. They overtook her easily, a yelp escaping from her mouth at the sudden force. Midoriya looked back, his eyes widening in shock as he tried to run back towards her.

"Masami-chan!" he yelled out but the students coming his way blocked him.

"Ah! There's too many students!" Ochako yelled out, the brunette disappearing into the sea of uniforms. Iida was quick to react, grabbing onto the other male's arm before he could slip away.

"Soma-chan will be fine! Now hurry before we lose Uraraka-chan as well!"

"B-But-"

"We won't be able to make it past all of them!"

With one final look back and a frown, Midoriya made his way into the crowd with Iida.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"So this universe knows how to be nice once in a while..."

Y/N heaved, bent over with her hands over her knees as she took a steady breath. Her eyes were closed tightly as sweat dripped down her face and her h/c hair sat messily on top of her now ruined uniform jacket. Her bag still hung from her side, the All Might plushie still grinning along with the keychain from Mei. She breathed in a large breath before releasing it out just as loudly, a sigh shortly after.

Somehow, she had gotten lucky. After nearly being trampled over by the crowd of students and pushed so rudely along with them into the hall, she had found an opening in the hallway which she had gladly taken. To her luck, nobody had been looking her way or noticed the one student who had wandered off deeper into the school and away from the exit. It had taken a few minutes, her sense of direction seeming to fail her as it always did, but she eventually found herself in the hallway of the teacher's lounge, now standing around the corner.

Clearly, this universe had some problems if one moment it hated her guts enough to jeopardize Midoriya, and the next it wanted to conveniently show her where the teacher's lounge was.

She slowly patted down her uniform, setting herself upright once more. Currently, she had yet to hear anyone in the hallway meaning nobody had probably come this way. Taking a step forward, she peeped around the corner, only allowing her eyes to look down it.

Nothing.

"Everything seems alright..." she muttered under her breath, her brows furrowing. Her fingertips gripped at the corner of the wall, h/c hair locks covering her eyes ever so much. "Nobody is coming this way either..."

A small smile eventually made its way onto her face as her shoulders drooped, a laugh being carefully produced as relief washed over her. Her hand released the wall and fell to the side while her other was placed on her hip, the female no fully standing in the middle of the hall. "Well, a little insurance is better than none," she happily hummed out, nodding in self-agreement. "And if anybody comes down this hall, I can just stop them! Oh, you're such a genius sometimes Y/N."

Y/N was not in fact a genius.

"Oh, shit-" A loud thud came from behind her, muffled by the walls. She jumped in place, her hands immediately clutching onto her bag and she scurried behind the wall. She allowed her back to rest against it, her hands moving to cover her mouth now as her breathing increased. She forced herself to slow it down and stood still as the sound of a door opened.

Her breathing filled her ears, the sound of walking soon following it. The person only walked for a second before stopping.

She bit down on her tongue. Stop breathing.

Please don't come here.

"Kurogiri," a voice let out into the empty hall. The air warped around her as she stared intensely at the ground, feeling like she was going to suffocate the longer she tried to keep her breath even. A whooshing sound could be heard from the hall.

"Shigaraki Tomura," a cool voice said in reply. "I take it you have the papers?"

"Hurry up and let's go before any of the heroes start looking around."

"As you wish."

She pushed her hand harder against her face, her bag clutched tightly to her side as she remained still as a statue. Everything was fine. Shigaraki had just gotten the schedule and was just about to leave. Nothing could possibly go wrong so long as she stayed still and didn't make a-

Her phone went off with a ping.

She shoved her bag to the side at a quick pace, shaking it violently. When the hell had her phone had been turned on? She was sure she had put her phone on silent this morning and even then, she never left her phone off silent. Why the hell was the volume suddenly on now? The hall had suddenly become a lot quieter than before and her breathing had only increased in rate, the female's eyes widely looking down at her bag as her hands shook.

"Kurogiri," he finally broke the silence. She could hear the sound of scratching. "I think someone is here."

Her heart dropped. She couldn't move.

The sound of walking came closer. She couldn't move.

It was coming closer to the corner. She couldn't move.

Move dammit!

"!" She violently whipped herself around with eyes closed, her bag swinging widely in front of herself. Tears were coming from the sides as she felt it hit at something hard. It rounded back to her arms and she took a step back, shakily opening her eyes.

"That was dangerous," the warp gate let out, slowly dissipating from in front of Shigaraki. The villain clothed in black scratched at his neck, glaring in her direction with little care.

"Looks like we found an npc after all."

"W-What.." she dumbly choked out. She took another step back, her eyes wide and unblinking as she gripped her bag. "I-I hit something?"

Instead of answering her statement, he lunged forward, a hand outstretched in her direction with a cold stare. She immediately fell onto the ground in a crouch, the manchild barely missing her hair. Before he could try and grab at her again, she slid her body to the other side of the hall, managing to just miss it as it made contact with the ground.

Five fingers met and the flooring cracked.

She forced her legs to work, jumping into an unsteady sprint in the opposite direction. However, before she could get anywhere, a warp gate appeared before her with a hand coming directly from it. She yelped, shoving her soles into the ground and tumbling over onto the ground, her bag hitting her chest. She grimaced, looking back unsteadily.

"What a pain," Shigaraki glared, removing his hand. "This one's got some kind of agility boost." The purple mist appeared behind him once more, yellow eyes coming through and hiding the metal contraption around his neck. "What? Ran out of dialogue or something?"

"N-No..." she indulged dumbly. "U-Um, you shouldn't be going into the teacher's lounge."

"Don't act dumb now," he said, rasp in his voice. He stared down at her, the female gulping as she gripped her bag tighter. "How'd you figure out I was going to be here today?"

"I-I..don't have any idea what you mean," she stammered out. She instantly regretted it the moment his hand twitched, her body scooting back a bit near the warp gate that sat behind her. "I-I was trying to evacuate with the other students and uh, got lost."

"'Got lost'," he repeated.

She nodded.

"What kind of bullshit lie is that? Even I can see through it?" The male scratched at his neck more, glaring now. "Kurogiri, I'm getting tired of this. Let's just kill the kid and get out of here. Who knows, maybe it'll show the heroes just how much of a failure they are."

"W-Wait!" she yelled out but he wasn't listening, already coming closer to her with his hand outstretched. She felt sweat running down her face rapidly, her ears ringing as she stared at him in horror. She had nowhere to run. Kurogiri was blocking off her only escape and Shigaraki was coming from the front.

No think.

She still had a few seconds before he got to her.

She just needed to think.

Closer.

Think.

Closer.

Think.

Closer.

T h i n k.

"I forgot to give it to you earlier but this is yours now!" Mei admitted. "I know you have an All Might keychain on your schoolbag so I made something that would match the style! If you ever run into trouble, just throw this bad boy and it'll know what to do!"

He was only steps away. His hand was coming for her face. With the last of her strength, she pulled at the bunny keychain and threw it at the villain.

"A keychain? That's all you got?" he grinned, laughing.

The bunny keychain flew, e/c eyes staring blankly.

"Preparing protection for Ami-chan protocols!"

He stopped.

"What-"

A large white light appeared followed by a bang.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N;

ehe

hello again its me the author that seems dead but isn't back with another long chapter :,) got busy with college and my job but managed to finish this chapter up with uh, not really a cliffhanger cause we know that nothing happening to homegirl but sTILL-

y/n: oh wow the universe is being nice for once :D

universe: lmao you thought

homie cant catch a break sad now she dealing with the least epic gamer villain

anyway lots of shinso this time because h i m and some midoriya, ochako, and iida !! home girl needs to interact with other people and this time watch as she self inserts herself into the trio lmao she out here saying she don't want to be involved but does this shit i cannot

not much to say other than usj coming soon !! I'm pretty tired so I'm..gonna get some rest ;;;; hope you all enjoy the chapter !! i promise more action is coming very soon! and thank you all for reading once more and sticking with this despite the poor update schedule ;; i am writing this it just takes a while because of the chapter lengths and i don't want any inconsistencies with it

thank you all again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 13.6K 24
It's been a few years since the Class of 1-A has graduated and became full-fledged heroes. But one by one, they meet and become intrigued by a young...
557K 15.5K 28
yandere bnha x female reader when y/n was 15 she dies and was given a second chance to live a new life in her favorite manga my hero academia (boku...
342 34 11
*discontinued* A summary: Being a reincarnated character, Y/n desperately trys to remember her past... Only to be mentally picking up fragments of he...
1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...