Chasing the Forbidden (SERIE...

By elyjindria

(COMPLETED) Kiara Amaris North knew that her parents are not really in love with each other, she was just a p... More

Chasing the Forbidden
DISCLAIMER
MOODBOARD
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
LAST CHAPTER
NEXT
PRE-ORDER

Chapter Twenty-One

133K 4.9K 3.1K
By elyjindria

Xanthos Archante

"Akira Montreal North?" I asked and held my chin.

What a perfect timing.

"Yeah, you know who she is, right? She's Kairo North's wife," Xceron said and crossed his arms. "What are you planning to do now?"

I smirked while looking at Akira North from the ground floor who's currently talking to one of my employees. She'll be the representative of NTC. This will be the perfect opportunity.

"I'll start with her. She's not in good terms with her Kairo, right?" I asked. Xceron nodded.

"Yeah, based on Cadence... They're on verge of divorcing. What they have was just a marriage of convenience after all."

Akira North...

I didn't take my eyes off Akira during the meeting. She seems professional, she's a Montreal after all. I sighed and played with my pen. I need to follow my plan, if anything goes wrong. I don't have a choice but to kill her.

"Mrs. North," I called her when we're the only ones left in the meeting room.

She looked at me with uneasy eyes. She seems uncomfortable with my presence.

"You did a great job earlier," I said and smiled at her.

Akira gave me a shy smile. "Thank you."

"Why don't we talk about your proposal more? Let's have a dinner together," I said and sat on the table, near her.

Damn, I just hope this will work.

Akira looked at me with widened eyes. I just smiled at her, waiting for her answer. I did my best to hid my smirk when her face reddened. I knew it, someone like her who was stucked at a loveless marriage is still looking for love. She just made my plan easier.

"Your husband is the worst," I said and sipped on my wine while staring at her.

I actually didn't listen that much at her gibberish the whole time. I need to play a gentleman role here even though I don't want to.

Akira sighed. "I just want to end everything with him."

I held her hand on top of the table. She was taken aback and looked at me with widened eyes. I smiled at her and stared directly at her eyes.

"Do you need my help? I'll help you in any ways I can," I said, I did my best to sound sincere as much as possible.

"W-What are you doing to a married woman, Mr. Archante?" she asked nervously. She took her hand from me and avoided my gaze.

"Married woman? Your husband never treated you like one. Why don't you just leave him?" I leaned my back while staring at her intently.

"Even though I want to, I can't do that just like that." She let out a heavy sigh.

I know she'd say that. Montreal Corp. is surviving because of Kairo North's help and connection. Montreal will not survive the business world once they ended their marriage. 

"I told you earlier that I'll help you, right? You're the sole owner of Montreal, everything must be too much for you to handle." I smiled at her. "I'll help you, I will help Montreal Corp. so that you won't need NTC or Kairo North's help anymore."

Natigilan siya sa sinabi ko. I did my best not to smile devilishly while staring at her. She seems tempted. Kahit tanggapin n'ya ang alok ko, walang kokontra sa kanya. She's the sole owner of Montreal Corp. now. I purposely waited for this opportunity to happen, I won't let this slide.

"W-Why are you doing this just to help me?" she asked.

I leaned closer to her and smiled. "Because we want the same thing, Akira Montreal. We both want to ruin Kairo North's life, right?"

She became more uneasy. I can read what she's thinking right now just based on her actions. I know how much Akira hated Kairo North. Her marriage with him took her freedom and besides, she had to take care of Kairo's daughter with someone else. That's a really big insult to her but she couldn't do anything since she needs Kairo the most. 

"And besides... it's such a waste to let a beauty like you remained by his side forever. You deserve better, Akira." I held her hand again and this time, she just let me hold her hand.

"What do you mean?" she asked and finally looked at me too.

"I'm interested in you, Akira," I lied. Lying and pretending couldn't be helped if I want to reach my goal.

Her face reddened even more. "W-Why? I'm like... ten years older than you."

"Does that matter? I don't care about things like that and besides... you're still beautiful, you're even more beautiful than your daughter," I said even though I haven't seen Kairo's daughter yet.

Her eyes widened and looked at me with disbelief... Bullseye. Cadence was right. Akira's number one insecurity is Kairo North's daughter. 

I started planning everything with Akira after she fell in my trap. It seems like she really hated Kairo and his daughter, it helped me a lot. She gave me access on Kairo's funds and properties. She gave me more information more than Cad can give. 

But it seems like she really fell in love with me which I find irritating. I just need to be patient. I'll dump her after I get her company shares on NTC. I just need to wait more. 

But Kairo North's daughter, Kiara Amaris North came into the picture at the perfect timing. I saw her for the first time at Cad's bar. She's different from Akira. She's a wild young girl. She always looks happy... I hate it. Kairo North's daughter doesn't deserve to be this happy. I'll make sure that I will turn her smiles and laughs into misery and suffering.

I still remember how hard I brushed my teeth after kissing her for the first time. I fucking hate her too, not the way I hate Kairo... but I hate Kiara Amaris too. I just hate everything about Kairo North. 

"Xanthos... what are you planning to do with Kiara?"

I stopped typing on my laptop and looked at Cadence. I sighed and removed my eyeglasses.

"Of course I'll make her suffer too. Why are you suddenly asking that?" I asked. This is not like him. Cad doesn't give a fuck about other people.

"Can't you just let her be? I know what Kairo North did to you is unforgivable... but Kiara is innocent. Wala siyang kinalaman do'n at hindi dapat siya madamay. If you just get to know her, you'll see that she's different from Kairo and Aldovino North," Cad explained. 

I smirked and touched my bottom lip. "Do you like her, Cad?"

Hindi nakasagot si Cad sa tanong ko. I just shrugged and let out a heavy sigh.

"Just forget your petty feelings about her as I'm gonna ruin her life, Cad. Not even you can stop me." My voice became serious.

Cadence remained silent. I know he's contemplating his feelings right now... but I know he'll choose money until the end. No woman can change him. That's the same case for me. No one can stop me reaching my only goal... not even petty love and disgusting feelings can stop me.

Cadence sighed. "You better pay me thrice for this," Cad said before he left.

Everything is going well according to my plan. And as I get to know Kiara Amaris... I realized Cad was right. She's really kind and sweet... but her kindness and her feelings didn't reach the hatred in my heart. I don't give a fuck about her or her feelings. I'll just use her feelings to my advantage.

'Your parents must have taught you to be a good man as you are right now." Kiara gave me an innocent smile.

"My mother taught me to be a perfect man," I muttered. I intertwined our fingers and kissed the back of her hand even though it disgusts me. 

"W-where is she now?"

"She left me," I said with a heavy heart. "She's an irresponsible woman who left her responsibility as a mother," I lied. 

Yeah, she left me. She's an irresponsible woman... She shouldn't have left us. She shouldn't have left me and my brother like this... fucked up and beyond repair. But it's not her fault... It's their fault, and I will never forget them for doing that to my mother.

I ended up everything with Akira after buying her shares.

"Why are you breaking up with me, Xanthos? I-I thought--"

"Akira..." I held her shoulder. "...I have priorities. I don't have time for this. We can still remain as friends if you want. Once I'm done with everything, we can go back together. Okay?" 

Akira just nodded and hugged me. I sighed and hugged her back.

Sorry but that will never happen.

Kiara isn't Akira's daughter but she's just as gullible as she is. She's innocent and trusts people easily. How can someone like her managed to survive in this cruel world? 

"My relationship with your Mom is purely for our both gains only. Ginamit n'ya 'ko para makawala sa tatay mo. I used her because she promised she'll sell me her shares in North Technologies Corp. that I desperately need... Falling in love is not included in our agreement... but she just confessed that she fell in love with me. That's why I broke up with her." Even though the fact that I just used Akira is right, some of it are lies.

Of course I won't tell her that Akira and I had a real relationship... I don't know if it's even right to call it 'real relationship' though, I just acted like his boyfriend in front of Kiara. It was obvious that I'm just using her but Akira just let me be. She must really like me that much. 

"So... are you telling me that you and my Mom weren't in a relationship in the first place? B-But why did you act like you really love her? You even tried to follow her on her business trip?" Kiara asked in confusion.

"Well, nothing... just to make it kinda realistic, and besides, you're also not part of our agreement. I tried my best to resist you and your advances but damn, I lost. You're truly irresistible," I said with a smile on my lips.

I didn't expect her to believe that. But damn, luck must be with me because of Kiara. She just made my plan easier. Kiara is Kairo North's greatest downfall, I can't just let her be. 

"You seem to be enjoying your time with that North girl, Xanthos," Xceron said and sipped on his wine. 

I glared at him. "I want to end my shitty time with her but I can't just do that. I have to fully gain her trust."

"Really? I hope you're not falling in love with her or something. I want to remind you what kind of blood flows in her veins," Xceron warned me. I just laughed and shook my head.

"Where did you get that stupid thought? That won't happen."

I can't even look at Kiara without remembering his father, how can I fall for that woman? 

"I love you."

I did my best not to smile when Kiara said those words. I'm happy not because she loves me... I'm happy because I can finally go through my plan completely. She fully trusts me now, nothing can stop me now. I should just have to make her more attached to me so that she won't be able to turn back.

"Wala ka ba talagang feelings kay Kiara? Kahit konti?"

Tiningnan ko nang masama si Cadence. He just sighed and scratched his nape.

"Damn, how can you not like her? Are you a monster or something?" Cad mumbled.

"That woman's family made me a monster, Cadence." I gritted my teeth. 

I don't feel anything at all. I just want to reach my only goal... the only thing that I'm living for. I survived all these years just for that. Pati pagkatao at emosyon ko inalis ko na para lang mangyari 'to. I can even die right after I reach my goal. I just don't care about everything anymore. I just want to see Kairo North at his lowest. I want to see him suffer as I take his loved ones and make them suffer in front of him. After that, I'll give him the worst death possible. 

That's why loving someone is impossible for me. I will never be saved, I will never change myself and my goal. I lived as a monster and I will die like one until the end.

"I didn't know you're hooking up with Kiara," Akira said and crossed her arms.

I puffed my cigarette and smiled at her. "You lost your cool, Akira. Why did you suddenly admit she's not your daughter?" I smirked. "But well, thanks to that, you just made my plan easier."

"What are you planning to do with her?" Akira asked.

"Why? Are you worried about her?"

Akira rolled her eyes. "You can use her, do whatever you want... for all I care," she said as if Kiara was just nothing to her. 

Can't blame her, Kiara isn't her daughter after all. But she still took care of her... Akira is heartless indeed. 

I took advantage of Kiara's vulnerable state and took her. She depended on me more, it seems like she didn't even doubt my intentions. How can she be so trusting? But well, that's not my problem and her innocence helped me a lot. She also seems a kind of person who easily gets disheartened. 

"Y-You said you love me, it felt sincere... So why are you lying to me right now?"

I find Kiara's crying face so satisfying. I hope Kairo is seeing how messed up his daughter is right now... and did she just say it felt sincere? She's really stupid indeed. I never showed sincere feelings for her. I removed that kind of feeling from myself a long time ago. I made myself like this because I don't like hindrances like foolish feelings and emotions. 

"You're being a softie, Xanthos. You're torturing that North girl mentally but not physically. That's new," Xceron said.

I glared at him. "Stop giving meanings to everything I do to her."

"Then why aren't you hurting her, I mean... physically? The Xanthos I knew won't give a fuck even if she's a woman," Xceron said, challenging me.

"Mental torture will be more painful for someone like her," I said and just looked at the calm sea.

"Oh, really?" Xceron said, it sounded like he's still doubting me. 

Hindi na lang ako nagsalita. Whatever he's thinking right now won't happen... He should stop watching romance stuff. It won't happen in real life, it won't happen especially to me.

"Sir, why did you call me?" my secretary, Denise, asked.

I was about to tell her to take care of my paper works for awhile but I saw Kiara coming out of her room. I pulled Denise and made her sit on my lap. I heard Xceron whistled beside me.

"Sir?" Denise asked, she seems clueless.

"Hug me, I'll pay you for that," I murmured. 

Denise immediately hugged my nape. Denise is just like Cadence. She loves money more than everything.

I was satisfied when Kiara saw us. I know she truly loves me. I want to torment her more using her feelings for me. I don't care even if she's innocent about everything that her family did. She's still Kairo's daughter. She's no exception. She will face my wrath too. 

"W-Why are you being like this to me? H-Hindi... hindi mo ba talaga ako minahal?"

Her eyes are pooling with tears as she asked that. Seeing her like this is so satisfying. I'll make sure Kairo's loved ones will suffer more than this. I'll make them lose their minds. 

"What the hell is she planning to do?" 

Natigilan kami nang biglang tumalon si Kiara sa dagat. Xceron immediately stood up and looked for her. I stood up too and put my right hand in my pocket. Lumapit ako sa railings para silipin si Kiara. What the hell is that woman thinking? 

"Damn, Xanthos. Why aren't you doing anything? We still need her."

Xceron jumped out of water too to save Kiara. I remained emotionless while looking at her, struggling on water. I just don't feel anything at all. All I feel right now is hatred. The only emotion that I need right now is hatred, I don't need any feelings other than that as I don't want distractions.

I won't let Kiara and her feelings distract me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 57.6K 22
(COMPLETED) Luisa Mae Dominguez is a lost cause. Her world was lifeless before. She doesn't care about other things; she doesn't even care about her...
4.1M 68.4K 21
(COMPLETED) Cristina Miranda was just a simple career woman. She spent all her life working her ass off to buy a house, a car, and provide her family...
13.3K 445 1
Katrice Rivera is Fiero De Greco's most loyal employee; she would do anything for him. She was so attached to him that she was willing to surrender a...
174K 7.8K 38
(COMPLETED) Cupida Yllara Abad was named after Cupid by her parents just because she was born on Valentines day. She was called Cupid by everyone aro...