Chapter Eighteen

"Kanina ka pa tahimik."

I glared at Xanthos and punched him lightly on his arm. He just chuckled and hugged me closer to him. 

"Paano ako hindi matatahimik? Binigla mo 'ko! Y-You just said you love me too," I murmured the last part.

Xanthos held my hand and slowly intertwined our fingers. He stared at me as if his world revolves around me. Every time he looks at me like that, it feels like I'm the most beautiful woman in his eyes. His eyes and stare alone boost my confidence. He always makes me feel beautiful and worth it. 

"You don't know how shocked I was when you told me that you love me... and the fact that you confessed smoothly, with confidence. Damn, how can you do that?" He sighed and put my hand on his chest. "Can you feel how nervous I am right now? My hands are still sweating. I'm nervous as fuck," he mumbled and let out a heavy sigh. 

I laughed when I felt his fast heartbeat. He's really nervous his hands are still shaking until now. I didn't expect him to react like this. He looked confident when he confessed earlier... He's 34 now but he's still cute. Xanthos is really driving me crazy.

"Hindi ka naman mukhang kinakabahan kanina, e," natatawang sabi ko na lang saka yumakap sa baywang n'ya.

"Of course, I want to look cool on that moment," he murmured.

I laughed again and pinched his cheeks. "You're so cute, Xanthos."

His eyes narrowed. "What? I'm cute? I hope you can still say that later... on our bed," he said seductively and gave my cheek a soft kiss. 

"Bring it on." I chuckled.

Tumuloy na kami sa paglalakad. Sa mga oras na 'to, ito ang pakiramdam na ayaw kong matapos. Hindi ko pa naramdaman ang ganitong pakiramdam sa iba. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng ginawa ni Xanthos sa sistema ko... pero gusto ko ang pakiramdam na 'to.

"Are you my boyfriend now?" I asked and hugged Xanthos' arm.

"Hmm, it's up to you... Sinasagot mo na ba ako?" tanong n'ya saka tumitig sa 'kin.

Natawa ako. "Hindi ka naman nanliligaw."

"I honestly don't know how courtship works. Do I need to chop woods or something?" he asked. He doesn't seem sarcastic. It looks like he's really curious about courtship.

"Well, not really. There's no rules in courting anyway. Courting someone means you're doing your best to make yourself worthy of that person's love. It's a way of showing your feelings to someone. It's like saying to someone that you love her, but instead of saying it, you're showing it with your actions. Just like that," I explained.

Natahimik naman si Xanthos habang nakatitig sa 'kin. Napakurap na lang ako at nilabanan ang titig n'ya. Bakit ganyan siya makatingin sa 'kin?

"That sounds good. You deserve to be courted so... I'll court you first," he said and kissed my hand. 

I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling. Damn this man. Where did he learn those cheesy lines? I found those corny before and now here I am... smiling like an idiot because someone told me those 'cheesy' lines.

Hinubad ni Xanthos ang blazer n'ya at pinasuot sa 'kin bago kami tumuloy sa paglalakad. 

"Kiara, your Mom invited me to her birthday party tomorrow."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi ni Xanthos. Oo nga pala, birthday ni Mom bukas. Bakit hindi n'ya man lang ako tine-text para imbitahan ako? Nagtatampo ba siya dahil hindi ko siya nabibisita o nakakamusta?

"Do you want to come?" I asked.

"I'll only attend if you'll be there," he said and held my hand again.