The Prankster in Love

By Melizza_Jane

Melissa Black is the only child of Sirius Black. Her mother, Karis Davidson, unfortunately passed giving birt... More

Cast
Life at the Manor
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts Express
Gryffindor or Slytherin
Lissa
Lissa's First Prank
The Map
Halloween
Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor
Christmas
Snapebombs
Rose's are Red Part 1
Roses are Red Part 2
What About draco?
Questions
See You Later
Summer Part 1
Summer Part 2
Summer Part 4
Harry Potter
Like Father Like Daughter?
Pure Blood
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!
The Happy Normal Family
The Potions Partner
First's
Don't Make Him Mad
Finally, Christmas
Did It Even Happen?
Don't Lie To Eddie
The Dragon

Summer part 3

74 2 0
By Melizza_Jane

Fred's POV

Dear Freddie

Firstly, and I hate to be the one to break this to you, we can't use magic outside of school until we are 17. So pranking Percy with magic will have to wait a minute.

Secondly, thank you. I did what you said to, and I spoke to Narcissa this morning before lunch, although I didn't ask her everything I wanted to ask because I didn't want to push her. She told me that my mother's family was completely wiped out during the war. I also asked her if she knew where my mother was buried and she doesn't, but she is going to find out for me. I'm not sure I'm ready to visit her grave yet but at least knowing where it is, is a start I guess. She told me she had only met my mother when my father had first started dating her and that she didn't really know her, but she said that if Sirius liked her, she must have been lovely.

I also told her about meeting Tonks at Hogwarts and how I had been invited round to their house and I asked her how she felt about it. It took her a few minutes of sitting in silence and just as I was about to get up and forget the idea she told me that I wasn't allowed to go to Andromeda's house but if Tonks was to come and pick me up from the manor she could take me to Diagon Alley for the day.

I'm so excited.

Love Lissa xo

That's it. That's how we get Lissa to the burrow. Immediately I come up with a plan in my head. I need to write to Tonks, I need to talk to mum. I fly down the stairs. "MUUUM MUM MUUUUUUUUM!"

"Geor....Fred dear what on earth is the matter?"

Lissa's POV

Draco and I had just finished our lessons for the day and we were laying on the floor in the conservatory listening to the rain hitting off the glass ceiling. Our ballroom dance teacher had said that this would be our last lesson as she has nothing left to teach us, thank Godric. Narcissa likes us both to learn what she and my father had to learn as children growing up in the Black family home. So, once we could both read and write Narcissa had us learning ballroom dance, French, Latin, literature, classical music and fine art. My least favourite were the two languages, couldn't get my head around them to save my life. Music however, I absolutely love it. I know it's classical music which isn't exactly my taste but picking up that violin every week and being able to play such pretty songs feels magical, and I am literally a witch.

We had been laying on the cold tiled floor for at least twenty minutes before Draco finally said "Melissa, do you think I've done something wrong and that's why mother won't let me go with you and Nymphadora tomorrow?"

"Sure, she wouldn't let me go to their house, I just think it's because of her and Andromeda's falling out. You haven't done anything wrong Draco, it's bigger than you and me."

He didn't respond.

"It's a Black thing."

I rolled over onto my stomach so I could see him. He looked so sad. "Draco what's wrong?"

"Nothing." Lies.

"I can tell when you're lying, I can also tell when something is wrong. Tell me."

I could see it on his face that he was deciding whether he should confide in me, I didn't want to push him. "Why did my father have to go away during the last few months of me being here? I start at Hogwarts with you in September and I've barley seen him since March." His eyes were starting to fill up with tears.

"Draco sometimes things just can't be helped. He's not away because of you. He said he's away on family business so he's away for you not because he wants to be away from you." I wish Draco didn't idolise Lucius so much, the man probably couldn't care less that he's away from his only child.

Draco and I stayed on the floor listening to the rain and chatting while I tried my hardest to cheer him up. I hated seeing him sad. We've had our ups and downs, Draco and I, but at the end of the day he's family. He's not just my cousin, he's my little brother.

*

I woke up early the next day as I couldn't sleep for excitement. Today was Friday 19th July and Tonks was coming this afternoon to take us out for the day to Diagon Alley. I didn't sleep very well all night and it was seven in the morning when I decided to finally get up and get ready to start my day. I helped Dobby with breakfast and lunch and Draco and I had our Latin lesson, I couldn't concentrate at all but at least I know I'll more than likely never need to use Latin outside of these lessons. Draco stayed away from me today as much as he could, he said I was being intolerable because I couldn't sit still, and it was annoying him.

It was half three and I was in my room finishing getting ready, Tonks said she would come and get me at four o'clock. I had changed at least twenty times and my floor was covered in clothes, if Narcissa was to walk in now she would probably punish me for the mess I've made, and I wouldn't be allowed to go. I was still trying to keep Narcissa happy by wearing the items she likes the most and I had finally decided on wearing my grey tartan skirt and it wasn't the warmest day so I paired it with my long sleeved grey high neck t-shirt. 

To be even more of a suck up I went to find Narcissa to see how she liked the outfit before tidying up my room quickly. I found her sitting in the drawing room reading the Daily Prophet. As she heard me come into the room, she folded the paper down to see who it was. "Ohh dear you look lovely, are you excited?"

"Thank you Narcissa I was just coming to see if you thought this was nice. I haven't been able to keep still all day and I didn't sleep well last night out of excitement."

"Well make sure to tell Nymphadora she needs to have you back by ten at the very latest." She looked at me very stern but in a motherly way. "Also, I have some money for you to take so you can go to the Leaky Cauldron and get dinner, I know Nymphadora has only left Hogwarts and has started training as an auror so she won't have much money yet."

She handed me forty galleons. "Narcissa surely this is too much." She had never given me this much money in my life.

"Treat yourselves dear."

I thanked her and went back to my room to tidy up before Tonks arrived. I looked up at the clock on my wall, "Quarter to four" I said to myself. I started to run around tidying as quickly as I could, once I had put all of my clothes away, I cleared away what I had used to do my hair and I was done. I looked back up at the clock and was utterly confused. It should be four by now how on earth did that only take me two minutes. I sat on my bed not knowing how I could have cleared away nearly an entire wardrobe's worth of clothes from the floor and hair accessories galore from my vanity.

Just then I heard the doorbell and the confusion of what just happened was pushed to the back of my mind. Tonks was here. I grabbed my bag and rushed down the marbled staircase to get the door.

Tonks told me she had a surprise and that we weren't having dinner in Diagon Alley so I could keep the money Narcissa had given me. We needed to waste some time though before my surprise got here. I have absolutely no clue what she had planned but I knew I couldn't keep all this money for myself, so we were currently in Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop trying to find things for my friends. I ended up getting loads of Dr Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No Heat Fireworks for Fred, George and Lee and I also got a couple Non Explodable Luminous Balloons for Holly, Maddi and Katie. I wanted to get the girls something else, so we headed to Sugar Plum's Sweets Shop and I got three bags filled with Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties and Cauldron Cakes. I also got a box of Berties Every Flavour Beans for each of them.

Once I had paid for everything Tonks looked at her watch and stated, "Right we need to get back to the Leaky Cauldron, quickly."

"Tonks what is my surprise? Where are we going for dinner?"

"I can't tell you Liss, it's a surprise. Plus, he'd kill me if I told you."

"He? Who's he? Am I going to get in trouble with Narcissa?"

"No, we'll have you back just before ten."

I was starting to get a little nervous. It's very different when I get in trouble at home than it is at Hogwarts. At Hogwarts I just get a detention and couple house points taken off me but at the manor I get extra chores, sent to bed early without dinner or even locked up in the cellar for days at a time.

I hadn't realised that I had stopped walking until Tonks put her hands on my shoulders bring back down to earth. "We won't get caught I promise. What happened to that daring prankster I met in the library?"

"She's a different person when the Malfoy's are involved." I laughed.

We sat down at a table near the big fireplace. I had my back to it and Tonks was sitting across from me. We chatted for about five minutes while she was looking back and forward from her watch to the fireplace and back again. I nearly jumped out of my skin when suddenly two red heads sat down beside us.

"Well well, what do we have here Freddie boy?"

"Looks like two lovely ladies sitting all alone in a bar waiting for two very handsome men to come and save them."

"Freddie!" I said hugging him.

"Hey Lissa" He whispered in my ear.

I got up from my seat going round the table to hug George. "So, you two are my surprise then?"

"Best surprise you'll ever get." Said George pretending to sassily flick long hair off his shoulder.

"Looks like you two have been shopping." Said Fred after he accidentally knocked over one of my bags.

"What on earth have you bought?" Said George looking under the table.

"Liss went on a bit of a shopping spree for presents for her friends." Tonks informed them.

"Nothing for you two though." I said sitting back down and leaning my head on my hand and looking sideways at the two boys who I knew were about to be overly dramatic.

"How rude!" Said George while Freddie held his hand over his heart and pretended to fall off his chair.

"I'm only joking you big babies, of course I bought things for you."

"Phew, thought I'd had to let you go as a best friend there Lissa."

"Right, mum will be wondering where we are let's back home." Said George standing up, which caused Tonks and Fred to get up too.

"Wait, back home? To the burrow? I don't know guys what if Narcissa finds out?"

"Liss mum is making a massive feast for you as we speak." Guilt tripped George.

"Freddie here came up with whole idea when you sent him the letter about us coming here today so he sent me a letter asking if I thought this was okay and something about pranking Percy."

"Even our mum says it was okay, you won't get caught." Promised Freddie.

I thought about it for a moment, but I knew I couldn't live with myself if I let all of Molly's hard work go to waste.

"Screw it, let's go."

"There she is." Said Tonks giving me the biggest smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa. The rest belong to J.K Rowling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 14 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
733 10 70
Artemis Victoria Malfoy was the younger Twin sister to none other than Draco Malfoy himself and growing up, the both of them have always been close b...
121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
4.1K 173 41
Fred Weasley x OC x Theo Nott Fic Gianna Lupin-Black, daughter of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black grows up over the hill from the Weasleys. Will she lis...