Billionaire Diaries #2: Caleb...

By remixxzz

Caleb Acosta grew up in a fucked up family. His mother's a cheater, and so as his father. Now he's planning t... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter 16

9.4K 304 9
By remixxzz

DAYS just passed fastly without even realizing it. Ngayon tuloy ay tulala lang siya habang nasa harap niya ang manager at abalang nagpapaliwanag nang magiging pag-alis niya sa katapusan ng buwan.

She knows that she had to. Alam niyang dapat siyang umalis ng bansa at tapusin ang kontrata. It was her long time dream. It took her years to finally get stable in her chosen career. That opportunity doesnt just pass to someone by luck. It was all about hardwork and sacrifice.

Madami siyang sinakrispisyo para sa pangarap niya. She left the country at her very young age and live independently in States. She left her friends, her family, her school. She lost some.. people she really treasured in her young days. Nasaktan siya doon.

She's in pain for years so why would she stop now that it's healing?

"Are you listening, Kelly?" Tito Rex snapped.

"Yes, Tito. " Huminga siya nang malalim at pinilit ang sarili na makinig.

"We'll go to Hongkong first. You have a shoot for an Asian cosmetics. I believe you are aware of that? Anyway, it was already long planned and we're just lucky that the brand is considerate enough to have a long preparation. " Ngumiwi ito habang naniningin sa iPad, scrolling some potential offers for commercials and endorsements. "This is disgusting. Let's drop this one, " ani nito kaya't taka niyang kinuha ang iPad.

Her forehead immediately creased when she saw the details. The soap product and the brand is kind of popular but what she didn't like is the theme of the commercial. Clearly, it shows racism and discrimination in color.

"Who the hell put that in the list of potential offers? It should be discarded as soon as they saw it, " irap niya.

"I'll talk to the team about this. The brand is quite popular but this can ruin your career especially that the public are now sensitive about issues like this. You can't say that you don't know racism and you don't know anything about the shoot because it will just look like you're making excuses. "

Right, she lived in foreign country for years and she will say she doesn't know racism? It's absurd.

Katulad nang mga nagdaang araw, Caleb and her keep meeting each other for dining. Usually, he would call her for breakfast or dinner. Talagang pinaninindigan nitong magkaibigan sila.

"Where should we eat?" Caleb asked her when their cars both stopped in a gasoline station. Convoy sila ngayon dahil may sarili siyang schedule kanina.

She can't think of anything. Halos lahat yata ng alam niya ay napuntahan na nilang dalawa.

"I don't know. Teacups again?" tukoy niya sa isang private restaurant na parehas nilang nagustuhan.

At the end, they ate their dinner at Teacups Deluxe. She likes how private the dining is. And even the customers are classy. They won't even flinch a bit with the presence of talk of the town. She recognized some and she's sure that they are all in corporate line. They doesn't care a bit with celebrities.

"Seems like you have many free time, " puna niya kay Caleb dahil maya't maya itong sumusulpot na parang kabute.

"Well, I own my time. "

Napairap siya, hindi na lang nag-usisa.

"You should socialize to gain more friends. " Tinanaw niya ang sasakyan pagkalabas ng restaurant.

"I have friends, " he answered.

She took her car keys in her pouch. "I mean, the one you can hang out with.. or eat outside. " Napabuntung-hininga siya nang makitang nagbikit-balikat lang ito.

"For what?" ani ng lalaki.

Tumikhim siya. "I-I realized you like eating outside so well.. " Hindi na niya pinagpatuloy pa. Kumirot ang dibdib niya sa naisip. She's sure that when she leave, Caleb would dine with someone else. Isa pa, it's not that hard for him to find someone who can company him at.. at anything. Girls flock at him.

Hindi ito sumagot. Parang may gusto pang sabihin pero umiling na lang nilapitan siya.

"Tell me the exact time you're leaving. I'll accompany you to the airport. " Umiwas ito ng tingin. "I'll see you before you leave. "

Nangatal ang labi niya. She doesn't like the idea of it. Ayaw na ayaw niyang may matang nakatingin sa kan'ya habang umaalis siya. When she left before, she insisted that she can take care of herself. Na hindi niya kailangang may maghahatid sa kan'ya. She was used to that.

It was hard for her to say goodbye.

"You don't have to. I'm with my manager and assistant so I'll be perfectly fine, " giit niya.

He tilted his head, his forehead's creasing. "I'm sure you'll be fine. I just want to see you before you leave, that's all. "

Nanlamig siya, kinakabahan na.

"Uhm, t-then we'll just see each other the day before I leave? H-Hindi mo naman kailangang pumunta pa sa airport—

"I don't need anyone's permission for that, Kelly. I'll go  if I want. If you don't want me to accompany you, then I'll wait at the airport. " He chuckled and tap her car. "Go on inside. It's sunny. You can't stay too much outside. " Doon siya natauhan at naramdaman na lamang ang pananakit ng ulo dahil sa init. Her white complexion immediately reddened. Ngumuso siya at pumasok sa sariling sasakyan.

She opened the car window. "Thank you for the dinner. Safe roads.. " Ngumiti siya. Tumango lang ito at binigyan lang siya ng maliit na ngiti.

"Start your car. I'll go behind you. " Tumango siya at nang mapaandar na ang sasakyan ay sumulyap lang siya sa likod at nakitang nakasunod nga ang sasakyan nito.

She sighed when she was about to turn her direction. Magkaiba ang direksyon ng bahay nila kaya't akala niya ay lumiko na rin ito. But she was surprised to see his car still following her.

She bit her lip and slowly drive the car. Para matagal.

But for the first time, she felt like it was the fastest moment of her life. Parang limang minuto lang ang halos isang oras.

When she finally reached their residence, she immediately went outside of her car, expecting that Caleb would stay for awhile. But as the moment she left the car and look back, he already drove away. Nakita na lang niya ang ilaw ng sasakyan nito sa kalayuan.

Bumungad sa kan'ya ang tahimik na bahay nang makapasok siya. She immediately called Dana at dali-dali namang lumapit sa kan'ya ang dalaga. Halos mamutla pa itong lumapit sa kan'ya.

"M-Ma'am! Mabuti't nandito po kayo! Kanina pa tumatawag sa'yo si Madam pero hindi ka raw po sumasagot k-kaya.. "

Kumunot ang noo niya. She's dead battery. She forgot to charge her phone in her car.

"Where's Mommy? And Dad?" agad niyang hanap.

Umiwas ito ng tingin. "N-Nasa hospital po sila sir—

"What? What happened?" putol niya agad sa dalaga. May nangyari ba habang wala siya?

"Uh, y-yung Kuya niyo po e.. "

Hindi na niya ito pinatapos at dali-daling kinuha kay Dana ang address. Halos mataranta na siya at lahat. Dagdagan pa at mabagal ang traffic.

"VIP, Miss Brandon. 7th floor, " nagpasalamat siya sa babae sa reception. Nang makarating sa floor ay agad niyang naabutan ang Mommy niya na pabalik-balik ang lakad sa hallway. Nang makita siya nito ay agad itong lumapit sa kan'ya.

"What happened, Mommy?" hingal niyang sambit.

Her mother's eyes was filled with tears. Napakagat siya nang labi at agad hinagkan ang ina.

Doon niya nalaman ang nangyari. Her brother met a car accident in his way back from his business things in Baguio. He was still unconscious until now but the doctor said that he's not in danger anymore. She still remembers how relieved she is after she heard that.

"I'll stay here, Mommy. Please rest at the house tonight. Kayo ni Daddy. " Hinagod niya ang likod nito.

"How could I, hija? I don't know what would happen tonight—

"Mom.. " pigil niya. "Don't stress yourself, Mommy. Your heart.. " Her mom's heart is weak. May maliliit na butas ang puso nito. Her mother was in coma for months after giving birth to her.

"Georgina, let's go. Please look at your health. " Nakahinga siya nang maluwag nang makita ang Daddy niya.

When her parents left, napapikit na lang siya sa sobrang takot. She can still remember how their oldest brother, her Kuya Vincent, left them. She was very young that time. That was the scariest moment of her life.

Now that her Kuya Logan's lying on the bed, ill, full of injuries.. and unconscious, she can't help but to think how could the kids take it if the situation was worse than this? He has a family. His children are still young.

She was not a religious person. Hindi na niya natatandaan kung kailan ang huling pagsimba niya. But that night, she keep on pleading to Him to save her brother.

It was embarrassing. Ngayong may problema siya, doon lang niya natandaang manalangin. Maybe people are naturally like that. When they reached the point that there's nothing they can do anymore, they'll start to ask for His help.

She felt lighter. Now she understands why many say that praying helps you.. it heals you.

Napalingon siya sa pinto nang biglang bumukas iyon. She was shocked to see Eli. Anyway, she's not here to be a bitch. She understands that Eli is still his brother's wife.

"Eli.. " she whispered. Umiwas na lang siya nang tingin sa babae lalo na nang makita nito ang pag-aalala.

"Uh, iwan muna kita, " she said, giving Eli privacy. She sighed when she saw the unshed tears in Eli's eyes.

Umupo na lang siya sa maliit na couch na nasa hallway ng 7th floor. Napabuntung-hininga siya. It feels like she had to leave Eli there. Na kung sa ibang sitwasyon ay hindi niya hahayaang ganoon.

Pero naisip niya.. Eli's the one who nearly lost a husband.

Good thing that she bought her pouch with her charger. Agad niyang sinaksak ang charger sa outlet na nakita niya malapit lang sa couch na kinauupuan niya.

Nang mabuksan ang cellphone at agad nagsilabasan ang missed calls ng Mommy niya, ganoon din sa Daddy niya.

She shrieked when her phone suddenly vibrated. She saw a call coming from Caleb. Ngumuso siya at dahan-dahang sinagot ang tawag.

"You answered. How are you? I heard about your brother.. " bungad nito agad.

Matagal bago siya nakasagot. "I'm fine. Why are you still up? It's midnight, " puna niya.

"You're still awake too. What's the difference?"

Hindi na lang siya umimik.

"Still there?"

"Go to sleep, Caleb. " Tanging nasagot niya.

"I can't. Should I go there? Want me to bring coffee?"

Pumikit siya, dahan-dahang pumayag.

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 8.9K 23
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.
53.5K 1.1K 44
Doctor's Compelled Affair Forbidden Passion Series A Collaboration Genre: Erotic Romance /R-18 Status :Ongoing (Slow Update) A one-year contract rui...
833K 14.8K 65
This is just a pleasure. Pure lust and sex. That's it. No strings attached. Just pure lust and desire with each other.
1.2M 25.2K 30
SPG Theseus Montenegro is a serious man. Puro business lang laman ng kanyang utak. Hindi mo sya makikitang may kasamang babae. Dating isn't in his vo...