𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

Epilogue

6.5K 249 123
By erensgf0712

Yes, there is sex.

Five years later, September

"Ms. Nolan, why are you leaving early?" I glanced up from my papers and smiled at the curious toddler who was standing at my desk. "Because I have to attend a very important game, Mrs. Porter is going to sub for me until I come back to class okay Sarah?" She pouted, her pigtails swaying as tears began to pool in her eyes. Sarah was one of my more sensitive students, she got worked up easily and got attached to others rather quickly. Her parents warned me when she joined my class that she would be a handful, I underestimated how true that statement was.

"So, but- when are you coming back?"

"I'll be back on Monday, just in time for the class's talent show performance."

She mustered up a smile and wiped the tears away from her rosy red cheeks, taking some snot with her. "What do we do when we have a runny nose?" Handing her a tissue she giggled and wiped her hands and nose off, "we ask for a tissue."

"Uh-huh, and what do we do when we're done?"

"Throw it away and wash our hands!"

"Very good!"

I placed a sticker on her shirt, going the extra mile to cheer her up. She finished blowing her nose and tossed out her tissue, asking the class aid for help washing her hands. I looked at the other students in the classroom and smiled, resting my head in my hands. I knew I would fall in love with this job, but I didn't realize how rewarding it would truly be. I had been working as a pre-school teacher for four years and I still cried leaving the students, it was a feeling I'd never get used to.

"Okay kids, I'll be back on Monday. I'd like everyone to be super prepared for the talent show by the time I'm back, deal?"

The kids all shouted back in unison, agreeing to my terms. I quickly grabbed my things and checked my watch on the way out of the door. Devon's game was in an hour and I still had to run home and change and make the thirty-minute drive to the stadium.

Life in California was going well for both of us. We got a place together a month after moving and learned a lot about each other in the process. I was now a full-hearted believer in not knowing a person until you lived with them. Devon had always kept his room at school and home clean, but I just thought he liked to stay organized. Turned out he was a closet neat-freak and liked to keep things a lot cleaner than I expected. I didn't mind it, I was happy to have a partner who didn't leave the seat up or dishes in the sink. We shared the chores in the house, but he did most of them which I also didn't complain about.

Everything wasn't as easy as deciding who did the chores and when though. The first year or two was the hardest in our relationship and for a brief moment, I didn't think we would make it. We got hit with reality quickly and we couldn't keep up with how fast our lives were moving. I spent most nights alone with my thoughts in our apartment and it really got to me. Devon tried his best to be present but he was so busy he was barely around. I didn't resent him for it I knew what I was signing up for when we got on that plane, but I missed who we were before we had real responsibilities.

We also argued, a lot. We both hated it and did what we could to avoid it but we were bumping heads so often, it was nearly impossible not to get frustrated with each other. My mother assured me it was natural for relationships to have rough patches. We were taking big steps in our new and scary lives, emotions were all over the place and it was bound to reach a boiling point. She'd also pointed out that we moved across the country, away from our friends and family. If all we had was each other and we barely spent time together, of course, insecurities would arise. We had to learn to continue communicating with each other and expressing our fears and once we did, we were stronger than ever.

Jess on the other hand was smooth sailing in her relationship with Adam. Devon and I attended her and Adam's wedding a year ago in Florida, getting a first-hand look at their everlasting love. She may have looked like an angel on her wedding day, but she gave me hell during the months leading up to it. I was her maid of honor so any four A.M. freakouts she had were directed to my line, and I was responsible for making sure things went smoothly when she was going full-on bridezilla. The tantrums, panic attacks, and early morning phone calls were all worth it, because seeing her and Adam on stage confessing their love to their friends and family was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. It got me thinking about my own future and Devon and I's timeline for when we were going to tie the knot. We weren't in a rush or anything but when all of your friends are getting married, it tends to be the only thing you think about.

I pulled into the garage of our starter home and ran inside the house, checking my voicemail before running up to the bathroom. I spent some of my free time teaching a college-level course on early childhood education, so my email and voicemail were always what I checked coming home from school. Once I'd finished that, I tore my clothes off while I made my way up the stairs, throwing them in our bedroom to deal with them later. Devon was going to kill me if I were late and I didn't feel like being the recipient of a guilt trip. I attended every game of Devon's that I could and when I wasn't able to make it he didn't throw much of a fit. I didn't understand why this one was so important but like the supportive NFL girlfriend I was, I was going to show up and cheer my man on as loud as I could.

The strangest part about being the girlfriend to a professional football player? My life was no longer private, just like his. People wanted to know how I coped with his busy schedule and if I worried about him cheating. They wanted to know when we were getting married and dubbed every bloated picture of me as a pregnancy announcement. It was exhausting and invasive but I tried to look on the bright side, no matter how hard it was.

I got out of the shower and dried off quickly, taking my time with moisturizing my body. Once I was done I slipped on the outfit I had planned out yesterday, did some quick makeup, and was back out the door to the football stadium. I wasn't worried about beating the crowd, I sat near the front during every game I attended like the spoiled girlfriend I was. I was worried about why there was so much riding on this particular game compared to the others?

What did you have up your sleeve Devon Washington?

With a few minutes to spare I parked my car in the garage and rushed into the stadium, stopping when I saw my friends and family already in the seats in the front. I slowly approached them, questioning if the stress was making me see things until my mother shot up and hugged me.

"What are you guys doing here? I mean Tony, Liv, and Sandra I get but you guys never make a game?"

My mother brushed me off as if I'd offended her and took a seat next to my dad. I did my rounds saying hello to everyone, trying to find out why they were all here. Tony and Sandra who were happily back together were tight-lipped, adamantly telling me they were just there to support their son. Olivia, who was now nineteen and gorgeous, also didn't have any secret reason for being here other than supporting her brother. Realizing, I wasn't getting anywhere with the Washingtons I turned my attention to the Whites, targeting the youngest of them all. I scooped up the five-year-old Kristine and promised her all the candy in the world if she told me why everyone was at the game today. Before she could spill her guts, Tyler grabbed her and handed her to Rachel shaking his head.

"Bribing a five-year-old? I expected more from you."

"Are you going to tell me why you're all here or not?"

He smiled and returned to his seat, taking his niece in his lap. "Not at all, and she's not snitching either."

Rachel, James, and Laura also proved to be no help at all, only distracting me with idle chat until it was time to rise for the National Anthem. There was no use trying to get anything out of Tyler and Maya, and I damn sure wasn't going to find out from Adam and Jess so I sat and pouted, hoping someone would feel bad and spill the beans. Even Caleb and Dana refused to tell me anything, those traders.

I pushed the thought to the back of my head and focused on the game, giving everyone else the silent treatment so I could cheer on Devon. He'd had a successful few years in the league and I was beyond proud of him. I was bursting with excitement at every game but there was also a layer of fear that came with watching him play. Some nights I was so scared he was going to get hurt I couldn't even focus on the game, and it took hour-long chats with my therapist to help me sort out my fears of him getting hurt. Luckily it hadn't happened so far, but God forbid it ever did, I would be prepared to help and support him no matter how little the injury was.

The game was rocky at first, the other team having a decent lead on Devon's. After halftime and a quick pep talk from their coach, they managed to get their shit together and took back the game earning themselves a win. The crowd roared in cheers and I fought the urge to run onto the field and jump into his arms. In a perfect world, his team would win every game they played but the world wasn't perfect, and neither was he. Every game he won was a blessing and I would always be his biggest supporter win or lose without any complaints.

I caught Devon looking up into the stands and blew a kiss at him which he returned. He then grabbed a mic and requested the crowd quiet down for him to make an announcement.

"I know you all probably want to go home so I won't take up too much of your time, there's just something I need to say and I have to do it now."

All of a sudden my face popped up on the screens around the arena, and my face burned from embarrassment. I was going to kill him when we got home.

"Summer baby, it's been a wild five years and I thank you for sticking with me even when things got rough. For the past six years, I have worshipped the ground you walked on, you are my everything and I'd be lost without you Summer. Years ago when you told me no guy ever ended up with the first girl they ever dated, I told you I didn't care about who you thought I was missing out on. Because for the twelve years that I've known you? You were always the only girl I ever thought about and that was never going to change. I love you with everything I have, and everything after that. So I only have one question to ask you, Summer."

A teammate of his handed him a tiny box which he accepted and quickly got down on one knee. As the crowd yelled out gasps, I held onto my mother's arms in fear that I was going to faint.

"I'm not me without you Summer, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

A single voice in the crowd yelled at me to go down there and say yes and the rest of the crowd followed. Man would this have been awkward if I was going to say no.

I jogged onto the field but slowly approached the still kneeling Devon, wiping tears away from my face. "Don't leave me hanging angel, will you marry me?" Fighting the urge to break out into full-on sobs, I gave him a yes and immediately balled my eyes out once he slipped the ring on my finger. The crowd roared cheering us on, but I could barely hear them, it was like Devon and I were the only two people in the stadium. I broke our kiss and took a look at the ring that was sitting pretty on my finger.

"You really went all out for this one huh?"

He laughed and placed another kiss on my lips before throwing me over his shoulder.

"I'd do anything for you Summer."

...

"Say it again."

"I love you."

"One more time."

"I love you."

Devon moaned into my ear, thrusting into me with force. We tore our clothes off as soon as we entered our apartment, barely making it up to the stairs. I cried out his name, resting my face in the crevice of his neck as I felt him stretch me out repeatedly. My legs wrapped around him, keeping his hips in place, making his thursts deeper and harder. My fingers dug into his back, desperately needing something to grab onto. I begged him to ruin me and he happily obliged, pressing my hands into the mattress while he made me his over and over again. I felt my body heat and my legs begin to tremble, letting me know I was close to reaching my limit. He kissed my cheek before latching his tongue onto my nipple, sucking hard while playing with my other breast.

"Fuck, Summer." His groan made my whole boy vibrate and I felt my orgasm forming in the pit of my stomach, "that's it baby girl." I cried out as my orgasm hit, making me grab onto his head for support. My back arched, and my legs wrapped around his waist tighter, wanting the feeling to last for as long as I could. "Uh, baby please," it only took a few more thrusts until Devon came undone, filling me up and leaving me wanting more.

I was a newly engaged woman, there was no way one round was enough the satisfy.

He flipped me over on my stomach and watched the cum drip down my thigh, kissing me on the cheek before placing his tip at my entrance. "Are you okay?" He asked, running his hands up and down my back. I looked back at him and smiled before replying, "yes." He placed a kiss on my lower back and entered me, moving slowly at first to get me re-accustomed to his length. I felt a little sore, but that feeling completely disappeared as he began to move faster. His left hand was placed firmly in the middle of my back helping me arch while his right held onto my waist, his fingers leaving marks where they laid.

As if I wasn't already a mess he moved his hand to my clit, rubbing needy circles around it while his hips bucked into me. The sound of our wet bodies moving together echoed throughout the room, making me even more of a puddle under him. I gripped onto the sheets and wrapped my legs around his waist once again, letting him hold me up by my hips. He had more control that way, and I loved the way he felt when he was deep inside me. I also loved the sounds he made, and the sweet nothings he cursed while he drove into me.

I pushed myself against him but my arms soon gave out as I felt another orgasm have its way with me. He held me tightly as he finished inside me once again, falling beside me after he'd had enough. I couldn't move, I was only able to lay there as I attempted to catch my breath, trying to find the right words to speak. Devon caressed the back of my head and turned me over, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Come on," He whispered before whisking me away to our bathroom and helping me get cleaned up.

We spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking, unaware that our lives were about to get a little bif more exciting.

...

One Month Later

Devon and I hadn't set a wedding day yet due to our continued busy schedules. I was shooting for some time within the next six months or a year from now, but we were never one for timing. I was grateful for my mother and Sandra who acted as our personal wedding planners, working together to give us possible dates and venues.

As excited as I was about the wedding, I couldn't get my body to keep up with that excitement. I was violently ill almost every day and was completely drained by the time I would come home from school. Devon thought I had caught a bad stomach bug but I knew my body, there was definitely something else going on.

I had stopped taking birth control a year ago due to some complications so Devon and I resorted back to condoms when we thought about using them. My period had been so irregular after getting off birth control, I had barely noticed it was three weeks late. The answers were right in front of my face, but I still tried to think of any other logical explanation for my illness. I was fooling no one, not even myself. On our engagement night, he came in me twice, it was wishful thinking at best.

I sat in my bathroom on a group facetime call with my mom, Sandra, Jess, and Maya freaking out. I had taken three pregnancy tests and I was waiting for the seconds they would all be finished so I'd have my answer.

A minute later the timer I had in the bathroom beeped and all of the conversations went silent. I sat up from the toilet and approached the sink, looking at the tests I had sat down minutes ago.

They all read pregnant.

I tried to process the truth I subconsciously always knew, while the women on the phone cheered that they'd have a new baby to spoil.

"There's no way I'm walking down the aisle with a baby bump so we're going to have to speed this wedding up."

Everyone laughed and I would have too if I wasn't worried about how Devon was going to react. We both wanted kids but our careers were just getting started and we barely made it to the wedding. Would he be okay with having a baby this fast?

I heard the door swing open and I hung up the phone and stuffed the tests in my pockets. Devon plopped down on the couch drinking a bottle of water while flipping through the channels. I sat down next to him and placed a hesitant kiss on his cheek. "Hey baby, are you feeling any better?" He peppered my face with kisses and rubbed my stomach, you had to love the irony in that.

"Uh, no. But there's something I have to tell you."

He muted the TV and shifted his body towards me, those beautiful honey brown eyes searching my face for a reaction. "You don't look good, maybe we should get you to a doctor or something." He ran his finger across my cheek, wiping a rogue tear. "What's the matter?"

I pulled all three tests out of my pocket and placed them on his lap, waiting for him to respond. He didn't at first, he actually didn't talk for a good three minutes.

"I know the timing is awful, but we weren't exactly being careful. Please say something."

His blank expression turned into a smile and before I knew it he was kissing my stomach in excitement. "Are these real?"

"Of course they are, why would I joke about something like this."

He gave me a tight squeeze and kissed me on the lips, "we're gonna have a baby."

"Yeah, I pray for that kid."

We both laughed and I was finally able to breathe, knowing he was just as on board with this baby as I was. I was nervous about us being parents this young and this early but we made it this far, a kid would be nothing. As long as we did it together, there was nothing we couldn't handle.

...

On July 21st I gave birth to a baby boy that we named Elijah Nolan-Washington.

On January 13th, Devon and I officially became Mr. and Mrs. Washington.

    ➳♥

END

I love babies sorry :))

Thank you everyone who has read Just For A Moment 🤍🤍

We are officially at 1.5k reads and I can't even believe it😭

I have decided not to do the bonus chapter of Devon and Summer's first anniversary, so if you were looking forward to that I'm sorry! I felt like it would ruin the illusion of the epilogue if that made sense.

It's so hard to say goodbye and Devon and Summer will forever be my favorite couple but this will be the final post updated here for this book.

A friend of mine asked for a one shot of Tyler White and a sexcapade in his office, so if that's something anyone else wants please let me know!

Thank you again for reading and make sure to check out Serenity 🤍🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...
1.1K 23 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...
53.6K 1.9K 41
ClΓ©o is in her junior year of college. She's sworn of love because she never truly saw it in a positive aspect. It's summertime, and ClΓ©o is ready to...
22.2K 969 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...