Love Across Time

By RadheyPanchaali

Time Travelling, a concept that has only been like a dream for the 21century youth, but what happens when Pan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Kindly Read!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
New Story!
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
The Race Against Time

Chapter 46

1.7K 84 41
By RadheyPanchaali

"Where has Bhraata Karn been?" Yudhisthir asked gazing over the maps that spread across the tables.

"He is dwelling over the northern plains, a letter had come, there are some survivors who need help." Came a reply of Arjun, who walked in, his eyes scanning at the maps.

"How's Panchi doing?" Dharmraj asked straightening, concern marring his face. "She needs time, I guess." Replied Dhananjay, concern for his wife, weighing heavily on his shoulders.

"I don't really understand, why did our Panchi had to go through all this?" Grumbled the third son of Kunti, he hated seeing her so weak, so out of herself.

It was like, she was submerging in the ocean of pain, and they were desperately trying to hold onto her.

Yudhisthir's hand clasped on his brother's shoulder, their eyes clashed.

"Everyone needs a break Arjun. And Panchi? She has been going through too much, she tried to be brave, and bottle it all up, and now it is weighing her down. Give her time, we will have our girl back." Dharmraj's voice was laced with an undertone of love, making his brother nod.

"I really hope so bhraatashree. Her condition worries me to no end." He whispered, his voice thick with emotions.

"Anuj, we will take care of her together." Bheem"s voice filled the cave, as he walked in with scrolls. A soft smile played on his lips.

He wasn't sure, when will everything be fine, but what he was sure that one day it will. And as long as they were together there wasn't a thing that wasn't possible for them.

Walking in, he placed the scrolls beside the maps. "There is nothing that we can't do together, the battle we won was just a start." He stated, his voice ringing with an assurance.

"Panchaali is a brave girl. She is our girl, what could break her? We would stand between her, and every challenge that dares to look at her." Stated the second son of Pandu, confidence screaming in his words.

"You are right, nothing could break her except our lie. If she got to know that we have hid from her, her real identity, can you imagine her reaction?" Sehdev said, his face solemn, walking in with his twin.

"Aren't you both supposed to be with her?" The eldest son of Kunti asked, facing the twins. "She is resting bhraata. Mata is with her." Assured Nakul.

Words of Sehdev had brought up a wave of silence in the room. The truth in his words, had their hearts weighing heavy.

"We'll tell her once she is fine. She is still recovering from the war after effects. Can you imagine if we just tell her the truth now, she will just break furthermore." Stated Bheem, gazing at the other four.

"Lie doesn't have limbs Bheem, someday it is bound to fall." Yudhisthir stated gazing at his younger brother, whose head bowed.

"But bhraata she is still recovering." Stated Arjun, he wanted to tell her everything, but he feared losing her.

He feared, letting her go.

He feared she would hate them, and more than that, telling her in this situation, wasn't the most wisest decision.

"She has already too much on her plate, adding more will just deteriorate her health. And that is the last thing we want." Concern dripped off the second son of Kunti's voice.

"Yes, once she is recovered, and in a better state of mind. Let's tell her together." Sehdev added, agreeing with his brothers.

"But what if she found out from someone else till than, it will hurt her more. She might feel betrayed." Nakul pointed, worry filling his mind.

"What has gotten into you suddenly? Talking about Panchaali and her past? What makes you think she will find out now? She hasn't so far, who will tell her now?" Confusion rang through Arjun's words, folding his hands over his chest he gazed at Madri's first born.

"It is just that I was thinking about her. And I don't want to lose her." He replied, shoulders sagging, as though the weight of the world had suddenly settled over his shoulders.

Gazing at his brothers, they sighed moving towards him, their arms wrapping around him.

"We won't ever lose her." Yudhisthir promised, embracing his brothers, who nodded, returning the embrace. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Yudhisthir walked in their personal cave, that he shared with his brothers and wife. "Panchi." He called distracted, as he undid his kada.

On receiving no reply, frowning he raised his head. There in the corner sat his wife, her knees pulled, leaning forward, she rested her chin on her knees.

Her gorgeous dark tresses curtaining the side of her face. "Panchi." He called again, but she was too focused on the flame beside her to notice him.

His heart jolted, noticing her finger that she held in the flame.

"Panchaali!" Panic clutched his heart, lunging forward he pulled her back,  and hard in his chest.

"Have you lost it?!" His calmness vanished, clutching her shoulders he shook her.

Reaching for her finger. "Did you hurt yourself? Show me!" He demanded, clutching her wrist in his hands.

Gazing at her fingers, assessing them. Fury thrummed with concern, what I'd wrong with her? Had he been a minute late she would have had some serious burns.

That was one hell of a stupid stunt.

"What if something had happened?! How could you be so careless? What were you thinking?" He demanded, terror seeping in his heart, at the thought of something happening to her.

Tears traced down the corner of her eyes, gazing at him with hollow eyes, she just stood there.

Concern triumphed over fury, noticing the complete brokeness on her face. "Panchi?" He whispered, concern lacing his words, gazing down at her.

"What is the matter dear?" He asked, the acid of worry and fear burning him from within.

"Say something Panchi! You are scaring me." His voice wavered gazing at her shattered expression, tears just trekked down her cheeks.

Agony marring her crimson face, her bottom lip quivering.

"Panchi." He whispered, nearly pleading, tears stung in his eyes, while he gazed down at her.

"A fire born can't be burned by fire, now can she?" Soft, broken, watery words greeted Dharmraj's ears, making him freeze.

No. No. No.

This couldn't be happening. His heart lunged, nearly shooting out of his chest in panic.

"Panchaali-"

His words were cut off, scarlet teary eyes met his, fury burning in them as she held her palm up.

"Enough Dharmraj Yudhisthir.  Enough.  You all have said enough. And I have listened enough." Rage burned through every syllable, glaring at the man ahead of him, one of the five, whom she had practically given her heart.

And what had they done? Stomped right over it. Crushed it, and walked ahead.

"Panchaali-"

"Don't you dare call me that! Not another word. Not one word. I have no strength left." She snapped turning around, marching out of the room.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, agony blazing in her heart. Everything she had thought had been a lie.

Everything.

She didn't even know anymore, who she really was. The five people she trusted, and loved the most, had kept the biggest secret of her life.

Her heart crushed, the burn of the agony was so intense, that breathing straight seemed impossible.

"Panchaali!" Voices shouted after her, lifting her lehnga, she ran, she ran like there was no tomorrow.

Running away from the pain, from them, and everything in general.

What should one do when they realise, that everything, they had known was just a lie.

Agony burned her senses, as she ran blindly, away from everything.

"Panchaali!" Yudhisthir's pain filled voice reverberated through the place, "What happened?" Bheem asked, running out with his remaining brothers.

"Panchaali!" Yudhisthir ignored, running behind her, his brothers following him.

Her crying face etched in the eldest pandav's mind, crushed his heart, this couldn't be happening,  he wanted to explain to her, why they had done.

It was never their intention to hurt her.

His soul burned in agony, guilt and self loathing. He should have told her, he knew keeping the truth from her would do no good.

And now they were paying gravely.

The question was will Panchaali ever forgive them. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.9K 37
"๐‘ด๐’‚๐’š๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’Š๐’๐’๐’๐’„๐’†๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’‰๐’Š๐’Ž ๐’๐’“ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’Š๐’๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’–๐’•๐’š ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’Š...
30.7K 946 57
The story starts right after the Pandav's marriage with Draupadi.
7.6K 169 12
โ€ข๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ซ๐” ๐”ฆ๐”žโ€ข (n.) a place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self โ—‹โ€ขโ—‹โ€ขโ—‹...
6.6K 115 12
The Battle of Hogwarts ended some years ago, Snape was buried, Dumbledore was honored and remembered, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is marked...