MY BOSS & HER ASSISTANT | NAT...

By ejsstories

As far as inappropriate relationships go you've played it fairly safe most of your life, well that's what you... More

Romanoff LLC
Child's Play
Liquor, Lies & Licenses
Sins & Seduction
Hotel Rooms
Repercussions
Pleasure Doing Business
Secrecy
New Girls
At Her Mercy
Secret Affairs
Breaking News
Answers
Taste Your Mistake
Date Ideas
Guilty Conscience
Invisible & Irresistible
Break Her Heart & She'll Yours
Tainted Hearts & Old Memories
The Truth Is A Matter Of Circumstance
Sleepless Nights
Aphrodite
Engagment Dinner
Take Me Home
Promise Me You Love Me
60 Days With Professor Romanoff
Irresistibly Sinful
Not an update-
NEW BOOK ALERT
Pain Isn't Pretty
What If
Wanting & Needing
Marked Heart
GROUP CHAT
Romantics for Life
Help

Easy A

63.2K 1.6K 3.2K
By ejsstories

Y/N POV-

My leg bounces up and down restlessly as I wait outside the court room for Romanoff. Constantly checking the clock, worried that she'd be late.

Minutes pass by and with literally seconds to spear my head jolts up to the click of heels tapping against the floor. Her hair lightly blowing behind her as she walks quickly.

"I thought you were going to be late." I stress.

"I don't do late, that's you. Remember?" Of course I remember.

"Right." I nod.

It's nerve wrecking walking into court, all eyes on us. High hopes and expectations pressuring us to do our very best. Romanoff stands confidently in front of the judge, her posture that of a ballerina while mine made it fairly evident I was nervous.

She does the majority of the speaking, following our plan perfectly until we'd won the case. To say my confidence had changed would be an understatement. I let my pride and ego stack high with my first success.

Both of us were thanked profusely by the family we'd supported and we headed out the court room with our heads held high.

"So what now?" I question with a grin from ear to ear.

"There's some paperwork I have to deal with but now we head back to the office and start the next case." She says emotionlessly.

"Oh, okay." I wasn't sure why I was shocked or why I'd expected her to congratulate me. For her this case was 'child's play' and given yesterday's remark she has little interest in praising me.

"How'd you get here?" She asks.

"Taxi."

"Well you can ride back with me." We stand at the edge of the concrete as a sleek black car pulls up. Driven by a man in a black and white tuxedo.

Fancy.

My jaw drops a little as the man steps out the car offering both of us one by one his hand as he helps us into the car.

"Don't look so shocked." She rolls her eyes at me. We both buckle the seatbelts. "Seems a bit much though doesn't it, we're both capable of driving and yet you pay someone to do it for you." I say absentmindedly.

"I work hard, I make money, I live in luxury. You could too." She shrugs.

"Yeah but it just seems unnecessary, you pay this man to drive us around while that guy sleeps on the side of the street." I gesture to the man on the corner of the road wrapped up in dirty blankets.

"Some people make it in life, some people don't. Suck it up Y/N it's life." She says casually.

"Easy for you to say... Though I doubt that man would have the same opinion."

She laughs bitterly "I worked night and day to get where I've gotten so it's a little offensive when you imply otherwise. Some of us have to work incredibly hard to get where we've gotten not all of us have easy A's in life Y/N."

Perhaps I'm looking too far into what she'd said but a huge part of me tells me that the last section was aimed at me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Y/N I know." She says sternly.

I go to talk, to defend myself or even question why she'd hire me if she knew what I believe she's implying she knows but I'm not dumb enough to blurt it out myself before I hear what she has to say.

"I hired you because your grades, right from the beginning have been exceptional, you showed confidence in yourself and I appreciated that and nothing we say in this car right now will change your job status but common Y/N." She raises her eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I don't know what you mean."

She laughs cynically "Oh common. Look you worked very well today and I don't doubt you deserve every grade you got I'm just saying."

I start to panic, the cramped space in the car stifling around me leaving me flushed. "You're just saying what?"

Both of us now talking in a lower tone.

"Let's not pretend the extra attention Professor Danvers gave you didn't help you graduate top of your class," she leant closer to me "I'm sure your tutoring sessions helped you out tremendously."

I gulp audibly before clearing my throat. "That's how tutoring sessions tend to work Ms. Romanoff. What exactly are you implying?"

I keep my head facing forward avoiding her. I feel her hand gently rest on my thigh as she leans closer to my ear.

I cross my legs over squirming uncomfortably in my seat trapping her hand between my legs, while my breathing runs frantic. She whispers gently "Do all authority figures turn you on or just your professor?"

Right now would be the time to deny all accusations but something tells me that doing so would be futile.

"It wasn't like that."

I clear my throat tucking some fallen hair behind my ears as I make a poor attempt at composing myself.

"You do what you have to do to succeed." She says rubbing circles with her thumb on my thigh.

How did she find out?

"I worked hard for my grades." I retort as I turn to face her.

"I don't doubt that one bit." She says with a smirk. Her face is even closer to mine the heat fluttering from her lips as she breathes only adds to my panic fuelled state. Sharp green eyes stand out prominently against her long dark lashes.

"It wasn't for the grades."

It really wasn't for the grades.

Though it may have started that way that's definitely not how it ended. I went after her, I pushed my way into her life and I'm not proud of the mess I caused.

Her eyes slowly scan from my legs to my eyes "I'm sure it wasn't." She says as she quirks her brow.

I push her hand, which threatened to torment me, off of my thigh. "Why hire me then?"

"Guess you could say I was curious."

She finally leans back in her seat away from me reliving some of the tension."Wanda... does she know?" I question worried about how this information would affect her opinion of me.

"She knows you had a somewhat inappropriate relationship with Danvers but not to the same extent I'm aware of," she breathes "I found that information out for myself."

"Good." I sigh.

"Nice to see you've developed more appropriate taste in women." She laughs lowly.

"Huh?"

"No I get it Wanda's hot and like I said more appropriate than your professor."

"Wanda and I- no- what?" I stammer out.

"I don't like how you got where you got Y/N but you're good at your job but for the love of God don't sleep with my assistant."

"I'm an adult I'll sleep with who I like," I pause "I'm not sleeping with her but if I were it'd be none of your business anyway."

"Given the no fraternisation rule implemented at Romanoff LLC it's all very much my business." She says sternly, emphasising her name.

I don't say anything in response.

"You'll just have to learn to keep your hands to yourself now won't you darling." She smiles, continuing her perpetual teasing.

The car pulls up to the office but I stop her from getting out "please keep what you know to yourself." I say pleadingly.

"Then keep your hands to yourself but from now on you'll work alongside me directly... is that understood?"

I don't know whether I'm happy about the offer and grateful for her kindness despite all things considered or whether I should dread all the ways she could use this blackmail against me while we work.

I have no idea what she wants with me or why she didn't just report what she'd discovered but all I know now is that I want this job and I'll do anything to keep her quiet.

If she speaks I'll lose my license.

"Yes." I nod.

"I'm sure Professor Danvers taught you better manners than that." She teases.

"Yes, Ms. Romanoff." I say reluctantly.

Both of us step out of the elevator doors, only to be greeted by Wanda "Mr Hayes is waiting for you in conference room C." Wanda tells Romanoff.

"Right I told him I'd speak with him, Y/N you're free to leave but I want you in my office first thing tomorrow." I nod.

"Of course."

She quickly walks away leaving me alone with Wanda "So, I heard you won." She smiles.

"We did."

"Looks like I owe you some drinks."

I smile "I definitely need those drinks."

"Sounds like you've had a bad day." She says in a questioning manner as if she wished for me to elaborate.

"You've no idea." I sigh avoiding the topic but nonetheless, the stress of the conversation I'd had was still present in my tone.

She grabs hold of my arm in a comforting manner rubbing circles on my skin with her thumb similar to how Romanoff had, only this was done as a comfort measure rather than a tease.

My heart flutters gently and the simple gesture but I quickly remind myself of the no fraternisation rule. 

She purses her lips together "I'm sorry I know Natasha can be a lot."

"No, it's fine."

"Well either way I'll do my best to make this day a little better for you," she smiles "after all you deserve it."

"You're sweet."

She laughs gently "yes I am."

"Well I'll finish up here and we can get going." She tells me.

"Good plan."

A/N- morphine induced chapter take 2. This time proof reader is BobbiHStanson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1K 24
Y/N Lov had a rough childhood and doesn't open up easily about her past. When she got fired from her job, her friend Wanda came to the rescue and of...
SCANDAL By L.C

Fanfiction

4.8K 254 22
What's so complicated between a choice and a mistake ? A loving married couple, who's adored by many, find that loyalty is their main conflict. Perfe...
26.1K 932 22
▪️WandaNatxReader▪️You never saw it coming, that's what you kept telling yourself, anyway. But the signs were always there, lingering beneath the sur...
304K 8.8K 62
Tony's sister that disappeared from his life when she was five reemerges. Tony's less than thrilled as he blames her for what became of their parents...