Faded Harmony

By heartfeltpoetess

Lyra, a Goddess of Song was sealed away for a thousand years. When the seal broke, she searched for her frien... More

A Lost Goddess
Lullaby
The Sleeping City
Angel's Share
Captured
Prison Break
The Waking City
Explosion
The Darknight Hero
A Heist
Visitor
Of Bombs and Ghosts
Dragonspine
A Night Of Dreams
He Who Knows
The Winery's Ghost
Tender Smile

Healer

645 24 8
By heartfeltpoetess

When Lyra awoke, the first thing she realized was that it was dark, that not even the slightest sliver of light could enter through the closed curtains. There was once a time pure darkness was a source of comfort, when the darkness had been Nocturna's favorite, a place of hidden secrets, whispered conversations, gentle touches of sisterly love. But that was before the shadows became synonymous to imprisonment.

With nothing but darkness around her, she screamed, the sound muffled into her blankets as she curled up on the bed. She muttered incomprehensibly under her breath, a mixed jumble of words, over and over and over again, until the door was thrown open, letting in light from a lantern. Diluc stalked in, his mask falling to reveal worry. Lyra had not yet realized she was crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he said gently as he walked over to her, placing the lantern on the desk.

"It was so dark," she muttered.

Diluc froze before he pulled the curtains aside, letting in the light from the lanterns outside to flood into the room as well, as Lyra fiddled with the blankets, pulling them around her like a cloak. Her shoulders lost their tension as she rocked back and forth.

"Are you scared of the dark?" he asked, taking a seat beside her. He threw an arm around her shoulder as she leaned in, realizing Diluc smelled of pine wood, of the fire in the hearth, of warmth and safety.

"Sorry," she murmured under her breath.

He ran a hand through her hair, waiting for her to calm down. When Lyra's breathing steadied, he asked, "Alright?"

"Alright."

Diluc held her gaze, his face half cloaked in shadows and half in the light, eyes both bright and shining, as if they could shine without light as well. "I don't like to pry, so I won't ask you what happened, but feel free to tell me when you wish to. Is there anything else I could do for you?"

"Stay until I sleep."

"Done," he said, as she lay back down, pulling his hand along. The shadow of a smile crossed Diluc's face as she slept, her fingers entwined with his.

                                  *

When Lyra awoke a couple of hours later, the first thing she noticed was that Diluc was not in the room, and then she wondered where he had slept. Well, it was quite a large mansion anyway. Heading over to Klee's room, she sat down at the foot of the bed, listening to the silence as the dawn's light began to enter the open windows. The door opened again, and in walked Kaeya, with Diluc following.

"Hey," said Kaeya, a hand raised in greeting.

"You're awake," said Diluc, studying her face and seeming satisfied as she smiled.

"Morning."

Kaeya walked over to Klee, who was smiling in her sleep. His expression changed to one of tender fondness, the smile on his face hinting at many hidden pranks. "Looks like she's having a nice dream." He took a seat next to Lyra, who had started fiddling with her dress. "What was she doing around here in the middle of the night?"

"She said she was searching for someone named Albedo," said Lyra, wondering if she should mention the letter, or leave that to Klee. If Klee wanted to tell them, she could let them know herself.

"Is that so?"

Kaeya turned back as Klee blinked, her eyes rather hazy as she got up. Seeing Kaeya, she hugged him, leaving him laughing while Diluc and Lyra watched with vague amusement.

"Isn't Kaeya a bad influence?" asked Lyra. Diluc nodded, and Kaeya winced, giving her his best I-feel-betrayed look.

"Have you found Brother Albedo?" murmured Klee.

"He's in the Dragonspine. He said something about the area had changed and he was searching for the source on the mountain," answered Diluc, as Kaeya stood up, pulling Klee into his arms.

"How do you know that?" asked Lyra.

"Don't underestimate the Dawn Winery's network."

"You mean you have spies," Lyra said half-heartedly, as Diluc gave what seemed to be suspiciously a pout before turning away.

Kaeya smiled as he nodded to Lyra. "Come along then. I'll drop by later, Master Diluc."

"Don't."

Kaeya laughed again as he walked out with Klee in his arms, the two of them speaking with a tone of gentle planning. Something told Lyra it wasn't something she wanted to hear, and she hung back, waving a goodbye to Diluc, who acknowledged her with the ghost of a smile and a nod.

Lyra almost ran into Kaeya as he abruptly stopped in the front of the Dawn Winery. Lyra, curious, listened in as Kaeya sweet-talked and complimented all the maids in the most flirtatious way. She wondered if he was Mondstadt's heartbreaker, and whether being good with words came with the job.

As they continued on past the rows of grapes, Lyra picked one up and popped it into her mouth. They were rather sour, and her brief taste of wine had left a bitter taste on her lips. No wonder Diluc preferred grape juice.

"Who's Albedo?"

"Alchemist of the Knights of Favonius," said Kaeya, as Klee looked over Kaeya's shoulder and nodded. "Have you been to Springvale?"

"I haven't explored Mondstadt that much," Lyra responded, stumbling over a rock because she was too busy looking around.

"Do you know Liyue inside out?" asked Kaeya, a hint of interest in his voice.

"Who told you I was from Liyue?"

"I quote, 'For the love of Morax.'" Kaeya smirked, as the memories of a ruined Cathedral flashed across her eyes.

She sighed. "I used to know Liyue. I'm not sure what it's like now."

"Listening to you, one might think it's been a hundred years since you visited Liyue."

Lyra winced as they approached the gates of Mondstadt, the knights on either side raising a hand to their chest as they saw Kaeya, who walked in with a nod to them both.

Jean literally flew down in front of them, landing gently on the ground before them. "Klee, you're hurt!"

Klee gave a sheepish smile as Barbara ran to them, a little breathless from her trip down all the stairs. Lyra assumed that Jean had probably called Barbara down from the Cathedral. Lyra watched with vague interest as Barbara healed Klee's leg and pulled away the bandages. Klee hopped down from Kaeya's arms—Kaeya poised to catch her should she fall—and twirled around, stumbling and grabbing Jean's leg for balance.

Nodding to Jean, Barbara headed back into the city.

"Barbara is amazing," said Klee, and Lyra nodded, feeling the need to agree.

"Repairs on the Cathedral are done as well," said Jean, watching Barbara's retreating figure with a tender wistfulness.

"That's lovely," said Lyra softly. Hearing the beating of wings, she looked up to see a bird fly down in front of them. Something about its eyes seemed off to Lyra—they were a little too bright to be one of Timmie's pigeons.

"It's Albedo's," said Kaeya, as he picked up the bird. Untangling a letter from its foot, he opened it.

"Help," he read with a confused expression which quickly changed to surprise as the letter burst into flames. Wincing, he dropped the letter, which floated to a pile of ashes on the floor. Lyra grabbed Kaeya's wrist, but there was no burn mark on his hand. "I was just surprised," he said, waving her away.

"Klee wants to help Albedo!"

Jean shook her head immediately, her eyes holding a firm sternness that Lyra hadn't seen on her face before. "It's too dangerous."

"You say this about someone who was casually throwing bombs near a winery?" asked Lyra, raising an eyebrow.

"She did what?"

"I was being attacked by hilichurls." Klee fidgeted slightly and Jean sighed.

"Can't blame her there." Lyra shrugged.

Jean tilted her head, considering the pile of ashes on the floor. "Kaeya, would you go to Dragonspine and see what happened?"

"It's cold!" said Kaeya, looking horrified.

"Aren't you a Cryo wielder?" asked Lyra, sneaking a glance at the Vision on his belt.

"Dragonspine is colder."

"Would you accompany him, Lyra?"

Lyra blinked and looked to Jean, who was watching rather steadily. "Why me?"

"Why not?" asked Kaeya, his horrified expression disappearing to be replaced by a sadistic and amused smile. "It could be fun."

"I feel like you'll push me down the mountain the moment you get the chance."

"Now now, look at you jumping to conclusions. I wouldn't go that far."

"Kaeya," chastised Jean as Klee looked between Kaeya and Lyra with amusement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.7K 22
Izumi had passed the professional hero licence exam and she's on her way in becoming a hero. She's one step closer to fulfilling great promise! But w...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

152K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
136K 2.6K 60
Lion King X Twilight Au (Weird I know. But it'll be great) Follow this lioness to find her mate. And become something new. Pre-Twilight-Breaking daw...
594K 10.3K 77
Women Soccer Imagines mainly on USWNT and a few international ones