idling like second nature • M...

Oleh sus_ghost

(edited: cover, title, description) After the fight at Natagumo mountain, Tanjirou discovers the younger brot... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 [✓Edited²]
Chapter 2 [✓Edited²]
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 6

3.2K 121 69
Oleh sus_ghost

無限の列車
                        Iɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ Tʀᴀɪɴ
                    Mᴜɢᴇɴ ɴᴏ Rssʜᴀ

        Good Evening, Rengoku-san

    "A Look That Flashes Brilliance."

Inosuke trembled at the sight of the train before him as Y/n was still leaning on his back for support, while he just took his nap without worry. "This thing is the master of the land, yeah... It controls the land. There's no mistaking its length and intimidating aura. It may be sleeping now, but don't let your guard down!" The lad that wore a boar's hide stated while exaggeratedly shaking.

Zenitsu and Tanjirou stood confused next to each other. "No. It's a steam engine, you don't know about it?" Zenitsu questioned, concerned of his comrade's logic.

"Shh!! Calm down!!" Inosuke ignored the other's correction.

"No, you calm down," Zenitsu told him, obviously calm as anyone else around them.

"I'll go on the attack first!" Inosuke signaled them, taking a stance.

Tanjirou's eyebrows furrowed, but his eyes shined nothing of frustration. "It may be the guardian spirit of this land. So it may not be a good idea to suddenly attack it," he confirmed, but his statement just pitifully ended up as an ostrich's logic.

Osᴛʀɪᴄʜᴇs' ʙʀᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ sᴍᴀʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴢᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇʏᴇs

Zenitsu was now in disbelief. "No. I'm telling you it's a steam engine. You don't know what a train is? It's a vehicle. It carries people. You bumpkins," he corrected them twice, but it just seemed as if everything went in one ear and out the other for Inosuke.

Tanjirou understood Zenitsu's phrase, though. "Hm? Is this what the crow was talking about?" The redhead questioned.

"Crow?" Zenitsu was confused, not knowing of what the other spoke of.

While the two were having a conversation, all this time, Inosuke really did plan to take down the engine. He straightforwardly banged his head at the side of the train and yelled, "PIG ASSAULT!" Thus, it led to Y/n sliding off the lad's back and being caught by Tanjirou before a thudding fall.

Zenitsu fumed in anger from this. "YOU'RE EMBARRASSING US!!" He screamed.

"Piii Piii," sound of whistles were clearly heard from a distance. "What're you guys doing!! Geh!!" A couple of conductors unexpectedly came. "Ah! They have swords....!! Police! Call the police!!" They were alarmed because of the weapons and panicked.

Zenitsu jolted up in surpise and abruptly grabbed Inosuke. "CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP! RUN FOR IT!!" He screeched and ran while carrying Inosuke as Tanjirou was alarmed and followed him with Y/n in his arms.

They successfully ran away from the conductors and stopped once they were aware they were away from the sight of people.

"We, Demon Hunters, are part of an organization that isn't officially recognized by the government," Zenitsu explained to the two who were confused as to why they were being chased. "We really can't walk around while having our swords so out in the open. Even if you talk about demons and the like, they won't believe you for the most part. So, walking around with swords is chaos," he added as Y/n nodded, still being carried by Tanjirou on his back.

Tanjirou felt a bit disappointed. "But we're giving the best we can..." he reasoned.

"Basically, it is like being part of a group that average people are unaware about. Because if it is released to the whole society, there would be complications, misunderstandings, and commotions almost everywhere," Y/n responded to the redhead, awoke. "If everyone is aware about the existence of demons, humans would start to live in fear and anguish," he said in a tired tone, which Zenitsu agreed with a nod.

"I see..." Tanjirou understood and just went along with it.

Zenitsu sighed and grabbed his sword. "Well, we can't do much about it. Let's just hide our swords on our backs for now," he suggested.

Inosuke, being an overconfident "bumpkin," he did as Zenitsu said, but it was less effective. His swords were on his back, but were easily spotted because of the lack of upper clothing.

"They're in plain sight. Wear clothes, moron," Zenitsu told him.

Tanjirou hid his sword on his back and reading a pamphlet-like paper. "They call it the 'Infinite Train.' If we ride it, we'll find Rengoku-san," he stated. "But it seems like he's already boarded."

Zenitsu nodded. "So, we're meeting him? Okay, I'm gonna buy some tickets, so just stay here," he instructed them.

"Got it!! Thanks!" Tanjirou said, tying a cape on Inosuke who behaved and stood still, while Y/n tiredly waved his hand and went back to sleep.

"It's difficult to walk when I'm hiding my sword..." Zenitsu grumbled before walking off.

Sooner or later, Zenitsu came with four tickets and distributed it to the others. They went in the train and immediately, Inosuke felt excited.

"UWOOOOHH! WE'RE IN THE BELLY!" Inosuke exclaimed. "We're in its belly!! It's the beginning of the fight!!" He declared, his fist raised in the air.

Zenitsu felt irritated by the other's childishness and scolded him, "SHUT UUUUP!"

Abruptly, Y/n appeared behind Inosuke. He placed his hand on his shoulder and sighed. "Hashibira, silence. If you cause a commotion, there will be a higher chance that someone might find us out. Normally, people would not talk about fighting, but your mouth is shooting bullets with it," he warned the other, placing his left hand's index finger on his lips.

Inosuke peered at him for a second before slowly nodding. 'This guy...' he found it a mystery — the bluenette's presence.

Zenitsu sighed in relief, glad that Inosuke finally kept his mouth shut. "Anyways, this Rengoku-san's a Pillar? Do you know what he looks like?" He questioned Tanjirou.

Tanjirou smiled and said, "Yeah, he's a guy with flashy hair. And I remember his smell. He's very close-"

"TASTY!"

They were disrupted by a loud shout from a few seats front.

"TASTY!" Again, a thudding and loud voice boomed, which alarmed the duo.

"TASTY! TASTY! TASTY!"

"!?" Tanjirou turned to the direction where the sound came from and was sweating bullets, not understanding the current situation.

They headed to the person making the sounds and found a man — with average height, flashy blonde hair that faded into a bright red, and eyes as big as an owl's with the same color as his hair — who was eating a huge amount of food at the same time, chewing it just a couple of times and unnoticeably swallowing it. "TASTY! TASTY! TASTY!" He exclaimed in repeat.

"That guy's the Flame Pillar?" Zenitsu whispered to Tanjirou, doubting the fact.

"TASTY!"

"Yup.." Tanjirou said, knowing it better.

"TASTY!"

"Isn't he just a glutton?" Zenitsu questioned as Tanjirou agreed with a, "Yup.."

"TASTY!"

Tanjirou gathered up courage and leaned over to the Pillar and asked, "Uhhhh... Excuse me...." But didn't seem to catch his attention.

"TASTY!"

"Re-Rengoku-san!" Tanjirou called out, which caught the other's attention this time. Kyoujurou turned to him with a smiling face, repeating, "TASTY!"

Tanjirou was surprised by the queer reaction. "Ah. I... understand very well already," he responded.

The mountain of wooden box containers were cleared out by the maids and the group took each of their perspective seats. Tanjirou related his story of the 'Dance of the Fire God' to Kyoujurou.

火の神の踊り
Dᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Fɪʀᴇ Gᴏᴅ is the Hɪɴᴏᴋᴀᴍɪ Kᴀɢᴜʀa
<Iᴛ ᴍᴀʏ ᴀʟsᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀs 'Hɪɴᴏᴋᴀᴍɪ ɴᴏ ᴏᴅᴏʀɪ'>

"Hm! So, that's it!" Kyoujurou reacted, arms crossed over his chest. "But I dunno! This is the first time I heard of the 'Dance of the Fire God'! I'm actually delighted to see that you were able to apply the dance your father performed in a fight, but enough of this story!!" He declared.

"Huh!? Could I have a little more....." Tanjirou was disappointed, wanting to atleast share more.

"You should become my successor! I'll look after you!" Kyoujurou shifted to another topic, forgetting about the recent, or just purposely entering things in one ear and forcefully pulling it out the other.

"Please wait! And where are you looking!?" Tanjirou found it akward — being with the Flame Pillar, he didn't even know what he was looking at — straight ahead or is he looking at him with only his other eye while in a side view?

"The Breath of Flames has a long history!" Kyoujurou exclaimed.

'What a weird guy...' Zenitsu commented in his head as a sweat fell from his face as Inosuke was staring outside for who knows what he's looking at, besides, he can't see through his mask.

Y/n, on the other hand, was sat on the chair in front of Tanjirou and Kyoujurou with Nezuko's box beside him. He was trying his best to sleep, but with all the commotion going around, he couldn't even blink once this whole time.

Nonetheless, the clueless Kyoujurou continued his queer and loud introductions. "Swordsmen who can use Flames and Water have become Pillars in every age, no exceptions. The basic breaths are Flames (炎), Water(水), Wind(風), Rock(石), and Lightning(雷), and the other Breaths are branched out from those. Mist(靄) is derived from the wind!!" He explained thoroughly and clearly. "YOUNG MIZOGUCHI, what color is your blade!" He questioned, still not focusing on Tanjirou's features.

Mɪᴢᴏɢᴜᴄʜɪ(溝口) ʟɪᴛ. "ɢᴜᴛᴛᴇʀ/ᴅʀᴀɪɴ ᴇɴᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ" ɪs ᴀ Jᴀᴘᴀɴᴇss sᴜʀɴᴀᴍᴇ

"!? I'm Kamado and it's black," Tanjirou responded.

Kyoujurou laughed, "Black! That's tough!"

"Is it tough?" Tanjirou asked.

"I've never seen a swordsman with a black blade become a Pillar before!" Kyoujurou answered, which made Tanjirou's eyebrow arch, concentrated on the Pillar's statement of facts. "What's more, I understand that you don't even know what kinda swordsmanship to master!" He added.

ガタガタ

Then, they heard a clatter as the train started to slowly move.

"Oh, it began moving," Zenitsu said, peering his eyes at the ceiling.

ガタガタ

"I'll train you at my place, so be at ease now!" Kyoujurou told Tanjirou.

'What a helpful guy...' Tanjirou commented in his head, dunno if it were sarcasm though.

Y/n poked his head to see the others eye-to-eye and cleared his throat. "Kyoujurou-san, you are being to harsh on Kamado," he said.

Kyoujurou hummed and created eye contact with the other. "Says the one who suddenly acts in a rush with terrible timing," he responded, which made the other pop a nerve. "You're still invisible as always," he added.

"Seriously... you never listen, do you, Keiteki-san!?" Y/n abruptly stood up from his seat and rudely pointed his finger at Kyoujurou while steaming out of his ears. "And who are you calling invisible!?"

Kᴇɪᴛᴇᴋɪ(警笛) ᴍᴇᴀɴs ʜᴏᴏᴛᴇʀ

The Flame Pillar just laughed it off while Tanjirou's sweat dropped, clueless of the situation. 'Somehow, he reminds me of Yushirou-san...' he thought, remembering the violent individual he once met.

As Y/n and Kyoujurou were one-sidely arguing with Tanjirou trying to stop them, Inosuke stuck his head out the window.

"UWOOOHH! WOW! WOW! SO FAAAAAST!!" He shouted, feeling the breeze of the wind slapping his boar's hide.

"That's dangerous moron!" Zenitsu screeched.

But Inosuke didn't listen and was attempting to jump out. "I'm gonna go out and run!! I'm gonna have a race to see which one is faster!!" He exclaimed.

"There are limits to idiocy!" Zenitsu screamed at him, not believing in the other's absurdly illogical thoughts.

ガタガタ ガタガタ

"It's dangerous! I don't know when the demon's gonna appear!" Kyoujurou informed them.

Zenitsu turned his head and hummed in confusion and disbelief, while trying to pull back Inosuke on his seat.

ガタガタ ガタガタ

"YOU'RE KIDDING! A DEMON'S GONNA APPEAR ON THIS TRAIN!?" Zenitsu screeched, taking a double-check on the other's warning.

"It will!" Kyoujurou responded.

"IT WILL!? NOOOOOOO!! SO, WE'RE NOT GOING TO A PLACE OF DEMONS, BUT ONE'S GONNA SHOW UP HERE!? NOOOOOOOO!! I'M GETTING OFF!" The blonde hunter screeched in fear, not expecting it at all as adrenaline and panick rushed all through his body in a second.

Kyoujurou, on the hand, was calm. "In a short period of time, more than 40 people disappeared on this train. We sent a number of swordsmen here, but none of them ever reported back! So, that's why I'm here as a Pillar!" He announced.

This just made Zenitsu even more anxious as he started to cry already. "HAAAAAH, I SEE!! I'M GETTING OFF!" He screamed.

ガタガタ ガタガタ ガタガタ

"Agatsuma, hush," Y/n told him, getting his guard up and taking a stance. He peered his eyes at the hallway and fell utterly silent.

"I will... look at... your tickets..." a man in a conductor uniform walked up to them.

"What the..." Y/n muttered and retreated his stance, turning his back and taking back his seat. "Hmph... I thought that was something else," he grumbled, disappointed at his senses.

"What did I tell you? Rush, right? HAHAHA," Kyoujurou laughed.

Y/n grew irritated and a nerve popped on his forehead. "Shut up!" He shouted, embarrassed but unable to show it.

"What's that?" Tanjirou questioned about the conductor as Kyoujurou handed out his ticket, but wasn't looking back at the man, nor anyone, but straight ahead.

"The conductor is coming around to confirm your tickets and punch holes in them," the Pillar explained.

"Get me oooooofffff," Zenitsu wallowed in his fear as the others gave their tickets to the conductor and punched holes in them with a tool.

Suddenly, a scent went through Tanjirou's nose as he jolted in surpise. 'Hm? What's this? I smell something bad....!!' He thought.

"I have seen them..." the conductor announced after punching Y/n's ticket.

Kyoujurou's senses picked up as he stood up and passed by the conductor. "Conductor! It's dangerous to stand down! It's an emergency. So, I would prefer it if you don't ask me why I have a sword on me!" He said.

Y/n turned his head and a demon was spotted at the end of the hallways, but he only turned back his head and leaned on the box's side and slept.

"UWAH!"

"KYAAAAAAAHH!"

Kyoujurou slowly begun to unsheathe his sword. "Big guy!! We're you hiding your Blood Demon Techniques? It was hard to find your presence, however! If you're baring your fangs at sinless people, the red flame sword of Rengoku will burn you to the bone!!" He warned in a loud tone, revealing his red blade in a stance.

Tʜᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʜɪs sᴡᴏʀᴅ ɪs ʀᴇᴀᴅ, Rᴇᴅᴜᴄᴇ Eᴠɪʟ Dᴇᴍᴏɴs(悪鬼減)

Rᴇɴɢᴏᴋᴜ(煉獄) ɪs Jᴀᴘᴀɴᴇss ғᴏʀ Pᴜʀɢᴀᴛᴏʀʏ

The demon roared, ready to attack as Zenitsu and Tanjirou were alarmed.

Kyoujurou rushed to the demon, saying, "Breath of Flames: First Form: Sea of Fire"

With one slash, the demon's head was cut off and immediately burned to ashes in a second. The body dropped to the ground and crumbled to ashes. Kyoujurou retreated his sword and his stance.

Then all of a sudden, Tanjirou came up to him, tears in his eyes and amazement on his face. "That was awesome, big brother!! That was amazing swordsmanship! Make me your disciple!!" He requested.

"Sure thing!! I'll make you into a fine swordsman!" Kyoujurou agreed.

"Me too!!" Zenitsu said, his teeth overlapping his lips.

"Me too!!" Inosuke said as well.

"I'll look after every single one of you!!" The Pillar exclaimed, sincerely happy to take them in.

"RENGOKU BIG BROTHER!!"

"BIG BROTHER!!"

Y/n popped his head and narrowed his eyes at them. "You people are way too noisy..." he muttered. He glanced at the box and sighed, leaning on it once again and continuing his nap. "While they are busy with their training, I will look after you, Nezuko-chan," he murmured with his eyes shut.

スクラッチ スクラッチ

Scratches were heard from the box and Y/n unconsciously smiled.

ガタガタ ガタガタ ガタガタ

Sooner or later, they all slept in the train. Zenitsu sleeping while sitted as Inosuke's legs were on his lap while his head leaned on the wall. Kyoujurou slept while sitting erect with his arms crossed below his chest as Tanjirou leaned on him with his head on his shoulder. Y/n, on the other hand, leaned his side on the box as the box was supported by the wall to not stumble down.

Meanwhile, up on the roof, an evil aura lurked around. A figure was standing just where the utmost part of the train's front was. The demon, Enmu, who's position is Lower Moon One, was revealed.

" 夢を見ながら死ぬことができるのは祝福です。"

"Bᴇɪɴɢ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ɪs ʙʟᴇssɪɴɢ."

Good Evening, Rengoku-san

"Is the party heading towards a strange, but troubling dream?"

Taishou Secrets <Hashibira Inosuke>
•Iᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ Iɴᴏsᴜᴋᴇ's ᴄʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢᴇᴛ ᴇᴀᴛᴇɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ.
•Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ Iɴᴏsᴜᴋᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, sᴏ ʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴘᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ.
Extra:
Cᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ Kᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ:
•Zᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ ʜᴀs ᴀɴ ᴏᴠᴇʀʙɪᴛᴇ.
Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢs:
Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Sɴᴀᴋᴇ, Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Iɴsᴇᴄᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Fʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴇʀɪᴠᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Rᴏᴄᴋ. Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Sᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪs ᴅᴇʀɪᴠᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ ᴏғ 𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛. Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Iᴄᴇ ɪs ᴅᴇʀɪᴠᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ Bʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ Wᴀᴛᴇʀ. Edited: Breath of Love is derived from Breathe of Flame. Breath of Beast is unintentionally derived from Breath of Wind. (Information gained from the comments, thank you for letting me know. I also changed Breathe to Breath, as mentioned as a mistake. :>...)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

122K 3.3K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...
4.6K 138 25
Tanjiro is the village boy with a heart of gold, he longs for his family to live a bit better. However he finds a mysterious injured man, with flamin...
5K 250 38
At the tender age of 29, (Y/N) Rengoku found herself grappling with a reality she never envisioned. The tragic demise of her beloved husband aboard t...
903 46 6
It's Kanae Kocho's death day and a hard day for the hashira's. But it's the hardest for her younger sister, Shinobu Kocho, In a twist of fate Giyu fi...