Behind closed doors

By Spidersoning

Peter's life isn't great, his home life is terrible, and his school days seem to be getting worse. So when h... More

INFO- PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
SEQUEL COMING SOON

Prologue

9.1K 198 71
By Spidersoning

-Third Person P.O.V-

*Location- HYDRA faciality: Siberia*

Tony glared at the two in front of him. His mind swimming with anger, hurt and betrayal.

For so long he had looked at them as family, well at least Captain America, and yet, here they were, pitted
against each other in a fight.

"Do you even remember killing them Barnes," Tony seethes, his metal encased fists groaning slightly
as he clenched his fists.

Bucky, also known as The Winter Soldier, took a slight step back, his mind flashing with the memories of everything he had done in the past. If you were to ask, he would say he could recount every second he was under their control, not being able to stop himself as he killed innocent people with no mercy.

And now, he has to live with it.

"I do," Bucky mumbles, not wanting to elaborate more on it, knowing how angry Stark is.

Steve takes a step forward, his hand on his shield tightening in anticipation, he could feel the tension and anger rising in the air with every second that passed.

He knew no matter what were to happen, he would stand by his best friend.

He had already lost him once; he wouldn't lose him again.

Tony's eyes narrow at the two of them, "and tell me, do you regret it. Do you feel bad," Tony growls,
his body shaking with anger as he looks at the metal armed soldier with anger.

Bucky swallows, his eyes dropping to the floor for a moment.

"Yes, I feel bad," he replies, his voice
monotone, trying to block out the rising emotions that had once been removed from him.

Tony feels the anger grow with fierce strength, taking a step towards the pair, his heart thundering in pain and hurt at the thought of them once being his family.

"And yet you still killed, how many did you murder Barnes. How many families did you tear apart, I know it wasn't just mine," Tony uttered, his fists itching to punch something- or more so someone.

"Woah now Tony, you know it wasn't Bucks fault, he was under mind control by HYDRA, you can't blame him for that," Steve interrupted, his eyes hardening at what Tony said.

Tony turns his eyes quickly from Bucky to Steve, a scoff falling from his lips his fists clenching tighter then before.

"No Rogers, you don't get to stick up for him. I could care less if you two were buddies back in the old days, you're not telling me you're just going to let him off for what he's done. Who's to say he was always under mind control when he was doing that, he's just a cold, heartless murder," Tony griped, his voice laced with venom and hatred.

Bucky shakes his head, his metal arm groaning under the pressure as he fists his hands, his mind swarming with guilt and anger for his past.

"I'm not a murderer, I didn't want to do that, I would never- I would never kill anyone on purpose," Bucky replies firmly, his eyes flashing momentarily with hurt.

Tony barks a humourless laugh, shaking his head in disbelief, "is that why you killed T'Chaka, is that why you decided to blow up the fucking UN summit, ruining everything."

Bucky shakes his head quickly, his eyes flashing to Steve before settling uneasily on Tony once again.

"That wasn't me, I didn't do that. It was a set up, it was Zemo," Bucky responds, his voice tight and unwavering.

Bucky knew he was set up, all he wanted was a new life, a life were he wasn't dragged into fights, wasn't living in a battle zone 24/7. He wanted to settle down and finally be happy, after years of having no control over what he did, being in the cyro-freeze for many years, and fighting a war many years before that, he just wanted a normal life. He was so close to that, that he wouldn't throw it all away like that.

"Like I'm ever going to believe you, you don't deserve to carry on the way you are," Tony spits, his anger radiating through him with every passing second.

"Tony, stop. Why can't you just believe him, I get it, he killed your parents. But that was years ago, and it's not like it was really his fault. You didn't even like your dad all that much," Steve rumbles, moving to stand protectively in front of Bucky.

Tony's eyes turn venomous as he looks at Steve, a hysterical laugh falling from his lips before he has the chance to stop it.

He would do anything for a drink right now, to punch the Captain and the Soldier in the face before leaving.

"See that's where you're wrong Rogers. Sure, my dad was a prick, but that doesn't mean I wanted him dead. And I certainly didn't want my mother killed, it could have been when I was a kid that they were killed, and I would have still acted the fucking same. So no, I will not believe him, not after everything he's done."

Steve rolls his eyes, not understanding why Tony can't just except that what's happened has
happened, and that Bucky is in fact innocent.

"Stark, stop being so ridiculous and self-centred," Steve quips, irritation building within him.

Tony scoffs harshly, "I'll tell you what's ridiculous, that he had to blow up the fucking UN, killing the king of Wakanda, and none of you signing the accords. You understand you're all war criminals if you don't sign it. It's not that big a deal, and yet all you keep doing is causing problems."

"You know as well as I do that those accords are stupid, they're there to put a leash on us and control our every move. I won't let that happen," Steve replies in anger.

Bucky was stood behind Steve, his mind whirling with all kinds of thoughts, thoughts of who set him up, what it would mean if he got the others to sign the accords.

How this would end, somehow he knew it wouldn't end very well.

Tony rolls his eyes and looks back to Bucky, his anger flaring all over again.

"You killed them," Tony mumbles, his brain short-circuiting as he remembers the night he got the call telling him his parents had died in a car accident.

But it wasn't a car accident, they were murdered.

And their murderer was right in front of him.

Steve took a step closer to Tony, shaking his head lightly as he was about to defend his friend once again.

Bucky wanted to say something, he wanted to defend himself and say it wasn't him and yet, he could remember that night. That night when he was The Winter Soldier and he had been tasked with the mission of killing Howard and Maria Stark, and once he had done it he had felt nothing.

No remorse, no sadness, or guilt. But now he could feel it all, and he wished he could go back to the start of being The Winter Soldier and fight it.

Before Steve could utter another word, the iron man helmet is falling back over Tony's face and his fist is colliding with the Captain.

Steve is sent stumbling back as Tony rushes towards Bucky, his anger for the soldier blinding him.

Tony's fist hurtles towards Bucky, but he's able to stop it by catching it with his metal arm, instinct takes over as he begins to squeeze down on the metal encased hand.

Tony growls under his breath as he pulls his hand back hard as he can, making the soldier be thrown through the air.

A shield flew towards him, hitting his face and sending him falling backwards as Steve rushes to
Bucky's side.

"Bucky, you need to run, he's after you," Steve voices in a hurry, pulling on Bucky's arms in order to get him to stand.

Bucky nods and quickly and starts to move.

Tony pulls himself up from where he had fallen, his eyes quickly zeroing in on Bucky as he began to ascend upwards to the exit.

His thrusters' power up and he begins to fly over to where Bucky was beginning to go.

Hands wrap around his legs and pull him downwards.

"Stark stop, you know it wasn't his fault, HYDRA was in control of him," Steve tried to reason, watching in despair as his best friend tried to get away and his kept his grip on someone he had once thought of as family.

Tony kicked out his feet, dislodging the captains grip from his boots, he could feel as one of Steve's hands tightened and heard the creaking and cracking of the metal.

'Right thruster is broken boss,' FRIDAYS voice rings through the suit, making Tony groan in anger.

Shakily, the suit begins to rise up, following the soldier and he jumped from platform to platform, pulling himself up with each jump.

Bucky tried desperately to go quicker, he knew this wouldn't end well.

As soon as the video of him killing Starks parents was shown to them, it was obvious things wouldn't end well.

He was beginning to think no matter what he did, his past will always come back to bite him and he'll never be able to have a calm, peaceful life.

Tony grabbed Buckys foot, pulling him down a platform.

Bucky grunted from the force and reached for a metal pole connecting to something near him.

He grunted, pulling it and swinging it outwards, the metal colliding with Tony and sending him flying down.

Bucky swallowed down his guilt and stood back up, hearing Steve shout from below him, "go Bucky, he won't stop."

Tony could see below him Steve slowly pulling himself up each platform, growing closer and closer to them.

He could see Barnes getting closer to the exit and he wouldn't allow him to get away that easily, not after everything he had done.

A small missile gun came from his suit, his arm lifting to aim it at the hydraulics, making the soldier unable to escape.

'Boss, the calibrations have been damaged,' FRIDAY voices, as the target lock dances around Tony's mask trying in vain to get a lock.

"I'll do it by eye then," Tony whispers before the mask drops and he closes one of his eyes while aiming just above Bucky.

He fires, holding his breath as his heart races, Steve was closing in on him and Bucky had nearly
reached the top.

Bucky stumbles back as the door that reached the outside world slammed shut with an explosion.

Tony was quick to fly upwards, slamming into Bucky with force.

Bucky held back a groan as he was pulled downwards with Tony holding him.

As they were falling Steve leapt from his place on his platform, grabbing onto Tony and pushing him back, dislodging his grip on Bucky.

Steve grabbed him as they fell and used the shield to help their landing.

Tony groaned in pain and anger, his mask wrapping back around his face and he could feel parts of his suit malfunctioning and falling apart from being crushed and hit.

It didn't deter him though as he stood, his eyes hardening as he looked at the two soldiers now standing up.

"Stark, stop this now," Steve tried to argue, not wanting to fight anymore, but he knew, no matter what were to happen, he would stick beside Bucky.

"I'm not going to, not until I avenge my parents murder," Tony yelled, his arms raising as his repulsors begun to blaze to life.

Steve pushed Bucky behind him, the shield covering them as the beam of light struck them with force.

Steve was sent sprawling backwards, his back hitting the wall as his head collided with the wall, his vision darkening.

Bucky stood from where he was pushed, anger glinting his eyes as he looked over at the now
unconscious Steve.

His anger flaring as he looked at his brother and back at the glowing eyes of the iron man mask.

"Just you and me now murderer," Tony remarked, his tone dark and uninviting.

Buckys metal arm clenched beside him, creaking, and cracking as the joints pulled tightly.

God why did he always have to fight people, why couldn't he just have a calm, peaceful life for once.

He didn't try to reply, instead he moved forward with deadly silence, a small part of his mind falling back into what he swore he would never be again.

The Winter Soldier.

Tony watched, his mind pushing away any fear he had felt and replacing it with anger, hurt and
betrayal.

Everything he had known was a lie, his family was falling apart, and he could do nothing about it but fight.

So that's what he's going to do.

Bucky threw his metal arm towards Tony, growling when Tony caught it and began to pull it, making the joints snap and crack slightly.

Bucky used his free hand and punched iron mans face as hard as he could, smiling inwardly as he saw the crack of metal and how he let go of his metal arm.

The soldier reached out, grabbing Iron man as tightly as he could, watching as the metal grumbled and caved under his grip before throwing him against the wall.

He watched as Iron man crumbled to the floor and he turned his gaze back to Steve.

He rushed over and was about to check on him when he was thrown sideways by a beam of light.

He glanced down, seeing his metal arm had took most of the damage.

Tony moved closer to Bucky, about to do something when Bucky jumped to his feet, pushing into Iron man with all his might.

His metal arm pushed against the reactor and began to push down, slowly crushing the glowing light in his hand.

Tony begins to panic slightly and makes a beam come from him arc reactor, he watches as Bucky is flung off him and sent to the floor, his metal arm now missing.

Tony doesn't have time to react before he himself is thrown to the side, a rain of punches falling upon him as Steve looks down at him in anger.

Tony throws Steve off of him, watching as he fell back before Tony quickly jumped to his feet.

Steve got his hands on his shield and hauled himself back to his feet, his eyes quickly casting to Bucky who was sat against a wall, nursing his decapitated arm with pain.

"Too far Stark, you went too far," Steve mumbles, shaking his head in anger.

Tony stalked closer his fists tight, "no Rogers, I'll tell you what's too far. Your so-called friend
murdering my fucking mother."

Steve shakes his head and once again Tony lifts both his hands, making the repulsors shine brightly before shooting directly at him and hitting his shield.

A few seconds pass before an explosion of light and heat sends them both flying backwards, Tony getting the grunt of the hit.

Tony looks up, hearing footsteps closer.

He shakily raises his arm, about to shoot another repulsor beam before he hears Steve's voice.

"I'm sorry Tony, I really am."

Before he could question it the shield collides dangerously with his chest, making his breath hitch as it hits the arc reactor with enough force to crack it and embed itself in there, before being yanked out and left on the ground.

Tony watches as Steve walks over to Bucky, helping him stand before sending him one last fleeting look before leaving.

Tony lets out a shaky breath as the cold bites at his skin and his eyes settle tiredly on the high roof above him.

Everything had fallen apart.

-

*1 month later*

*Location- Stark Tower*

'Boss, I recommend going to sleep, you have been awake for 74 hours,' FRIDAYS voice rings through the lab, making Tony scrunch up his face as he takes another swig of whiskey.

"Shut up FRI," he mumbles, not wanting to have to deal with the AI's nagging along with the other three's as well.

Pepper, Rhodey and Happy were all outside his lab, wishing they could go in there and drag him to bed, but they were unable to get into the lab as he had shut it down.

After Siberia, Tony was different, he was more cut off from people, he had more nightmares and hardly slept.

He had checked on Rhodey, then hauled himself up in the lab and refusing to come out.

They had only seen him a handful of times in the last month, but they hoped he would get better.

Rhodey had braces on his legs that allowed him to walk around, he was paralyzed after the fall, and although they had said his chances of walking again were slim, Tony was able to help.

He had made them within days of the accident and made sure they helped him.

He also gets physical therapy every week to help him walk on his own again.

"Do you think he'll be okay," Pepper asks quietly, her voice tired and sad as she looks at the two males beside her.

"I hope so," Happy replies, pulling her into a hug.

-

*Location- Jet from Wakanda*

Bucky, Steve, Clint, Wanda, Sam, Natasha, and Scott were all sat on the quin jet heading out of Wakanda.

After the final fight in Siberia they had all sort refuge in the cut off country.

They were now pronounced as war criminals, known as the rouge avengers.

If they were seen in public, they would be arrested and sent to the raft again and they knew how horrible it was.

Ross was after them, but they all planned on keeping a low profile.

"Bucky, are you sure you shouldn't stay here?" Steve asks tentatively, he doesn't want to leave his best friend, but it might be for the best with everything that needs to be fixed and sorted.

Bucky shakes his head lightly, flexing his new metal arm he had been given by King T'Challa- after explaining what had happened with him being set up by Zemo, and how Bucky was innocent, they had been able to make him a new arm and make sure it was comfortable.

"No Steve, I need- I need to fix this as well. It's my fault this has all happened, I want to fix it and
have a normal life," Bucky replied, his voice quiet and tired.

Sighing, Steve nods, knowing Bucky wants to fix it just as much as he wanted to.

He knew deep down he had messed up with how he had ended the fight. He shouldn't have left Tony there, Hell he could be dead and it would be on Steve's hands.

"We'll fix it guys, no matter how long it takes," Steve voices to the team, all of them looking up and nodding solemnly.

-

*Location- Parker residence*

Peter watched carefully as his aunt and uncle interacted, feeling bile rise up his throat at how normal and family like it looked.

But it wasn't, Peter knew a lie when he saw one.

His Uncle Ben really was how he seemed, he cared about him, loved him and would always be there for him.

But his Aunt May wasn't like that, when she was around Ben, she wore a mask of love and care towards her nephew.

But when it was the two of them alone, her true nature shined through.

Peter couldn't remember the last time his aunt had been kind to him, he couldn't remember a time she hadn't hit him for something small, or just because she wanted to.

Ben walked over, smiling at his fourteen-year-old nephew.

"I've got to go out for a little, but I'll be back soon, okay Pete," he says, ruffling Peter's hair and inwardly frowning seeing him flinch back.

Peter nods and sends a small, strained smile at him, "can I- can I come with you?" Peter asks, but he knows he shouldn't have said that when he sees his aunt's eyes harden in hatred.

Ben frowns a little and feels a little guilty as he shakes his head lightly, "no, I'm sorry buddy. But maybe another day yeah, anyway, I'm sure your aunt wants to spend some time with you."

Peter feels his heart drop as his hands begin to shake beside him, thankfully out of view from everyone in the room.

"Bens right, I do want to spend some time with you," May calls out, her voice full of fake love and care as her eyes shine with malice while looking at her nephew.

Ben kisses Peters head with a smile, "see kid. I'll see you later, I love you," he says to both of them before walking out.

Peter calls out an almost silent 'I love you,' back before the door is closed behind his uncle and he is left alone with his aunt.

May is beside him before he can react, he manicured hands gripping his hair and pulling him upwards, a sneer on her face.

"You won't get away from me that easily," she growls, pushing him down to the floor.

He collides painfully with the ground and holds in a painfilled sob, he knows if he shows any weakness in front of her, she'll hurt him more.

Her feet begin to kick into his sides, harshly battering him over and over again.

Peter knows they'll be bruised and will be for a long time, but he knows no one will notice.

His aunt learnt quickly to avoid his face in order to avoid questions from his uncle Ben.

All Peter could do was lay there and take the blows, wishing with all his might that it will end and he can finally rest.

He's tired of fighting every day.

-

-

-

A/N- Thoughts???

This book is going to start quiet slow, as in you'll see the progression a lot and I won't throw something straight into it.

So far I'm really proud of how this book has turned out.

This was also so annoying to edit lmao.

- M xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1K 51
*read 'who could love a broken girl' first* *warning contains smut and mentions of violents* we continue where we left of. but it is far from a happ...
Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

1.1K 48 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
478K 15.5K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
14.9K 470 27
Book 1 Peter was taken by Hydra when he was 11 years old. He has completed hundreds of missions and is now 16. His new mission- infiltrate the Avenge...