can you manage? *dramione*

By bruhdawg__

"'Are you sure you can manage it, Granger?'" ----- Hermione has, once again, gotten caught for being out afte... More

Chapter 1: Warm Welcoming
Chapter 2: Hermione's First Practice
Chapter 3: The Locker Room
Chapter 4: Hermione's First Game
Chapter 5: A Slytherin Party
Chapter 6: Private Practice
Chapter 7: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin
Chapter 8: Hermione Remembers
Chapter 9: Meet Montague
Chapter 10: Football Practice
Chapter 11: T-1 Day
Chapter 12: The Quidditch House Cup
Chapter 13: Mud
Chapter 14: Press
Chapter 15: The European National Cup

Epilogue

5.1K 132 64
By bruhdawg__

7 years later...

"Wave to your Daddy, Scorpius" I instructed, taking Scorp's small, almost 2-year-old hand, gesturing wildly with it so Draco could see us from his broom.

It was Draco's last professional game today for the Falmouth Falcons.

A week or so after everyone had settled from the European National Cup, Draco was offered a contract to play seeker for his favorite quidditch team. Of course, he accepted graciously, not wanting to turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.

He had started right out of school, always going to practices and press gatherings. It had started to become a strain on our relationship as I worked my way through the Ministry of Magic.

We had become so used to being together during anything related to quidditch, never taking into consideration I wouldn't be able to be there with him in the locker rooms, or on the side of the pitch. Practices were closed from the public, so I couldn't even show my support then.

With the less amount of time we spent together, I had started stressing whether our relationship could stay intact. I had goals of my own I wanted to accomplish, and I couldn't do that if all I cared about was Draco's schedule.

That's when we had to have a difficult conversation.

I had chosen to live in London after graduation, while Draco had moved into a townhome in Truro, not too far from Falmouth. We'd try to floo or apparate and meet on weekends, and I would always make sure to go to his games. But it wasn't enough.

So we moved in together.

Draco sold his townhouse in Truro, choosing to move into my small apartment with me and Crookshanks. I felt bad for him changing his whole schedule to fit into our lives in the apartment, having to apparate multiple times to make sure he wouldn't splinch from apparating so frequently and such a far distance. Yet, in the long run, our schedule still revolved a bit around his with professional quidditch being extremely demanding.

***

We lived and dated in that London apartment for 4 years, creating some of the best memories I've ever had. My favorite being when he proposed well, kind of proposed.

I was sick with a muggle cold. Coughing up my lungs while snot ran out both my nostrils, I was a complete, utter mess.

It was when I was rummaging for more socks to put on my feet from the cold room temperatures, did I find a ring case. I gasped aloud, to which Draco came tumbling into our room to check if I was alright "What's wrong?"

I turned around, holding the velvet case in my hand, tears already starting to prick in my eyes, either from the guilt of finding it or excitement of what it was. "Draco," I sniffled as my nose made my voice sound extra groggy, "What is this?"

He blushed slightly, tilting his head down but keeping his gaze locked with mine. "I think we both know what it is, Hermione"

I squealed, running into his arms unexpectedly, prompting us to stumble into the hallway wall. "Yes, Draco!"

He laughed, pulling me tighter to him despite being a walking pile of bogey. "You didn't even let me ask you, witch!"

***

We got married 10 months later at the manor upon my request. I relished the feeling of rubbing our very successful romance in Lucius' face. Narcissa was overjoyed, having helped me plan the majority of it. I had been grateful for her assistance, but I think she used it as a cover because, towards the end of our reception, she pulled me aside.

"Hermione, dear," She said, smiling softly, but I could see she was cooking something up behind her eyes.

In spite of my apprehension of what she wanted from me, I smiled back "Yes, Cissy?"

Clasping our hands together she gripped them tightly out of love or to make sure I didn't run away, I wasn't sure. "I have been waiting very patiently, and now seems the perfect time for a baby"

I was taken aback by the question.

Babies meant settling down and I wasn't ready to settle down yet. So that's what I told her. Draco and I were still young and still learning life, we didn't need to add a baby to the mix just yet. She frowned but nodded in understanding, wanting our baby to have our full attention.

I told Draco about it later that night after he had his way with me about 6 times? 8 times? I lost count remarkably, my head muddled from satisfaction. He shook his head apologizing for his mother's behavior but I waved it off, wanting us to talk about when we'd be ready for children.

He wanted them whenever. His career could be dropped and picked up whenever he wanted as long as he kept up with training. Even if the Falmouth Falcons didn't want him, any other team would have been delighted to have him.

My career path was a different story.

I had worked my way through the Ministry, trying to find the right place for me. But nothing ever felt right, I felt like I was wasting my genetic potential and Draco agreed.

And after not finding a branch in the Ministry I would've been successful and happy in, I created my own. A division solely made to help the families of Mugglebrons transfer into the Wizarding World effortlessly.

Having known first hand what it was like to be jostled into a world you knew nothing about, I knew a change needed to be done.

Thus, I became Head of Muggle-born Relations. A whole department dedicated to muggle-borns and their families. I created workshop classes, mentorship programs, and even got Headmaster Dumbledore to agree to let muggle-born 1st years have the chance of moving into Hogwarts a whole month early, helping them settle together without any pure-blood or half-bloods around. My management skills were really coming into play as Head of the board.

As much as I loved my job and was proud of it, a year later I found myself ready to move on from it and be a mother.

***

Scorpius was the best thing to happen to me and Draco.

His features took after Draco the most, while he carried my personality, which Draco adored about him. Always carrying him around when he saw photographers or just after matches to have his teammates gush over the precious baby boy.

There were times I almost felt envious of Draco's attention towards Scorp, but then I always reminded myself that I had once been Scorp, constantly under Draco's arm letting everyone know I was his and he was mine.

It was a bittersweet day at Draco's last match. While he loved quidditch with all his heart, it was becoming too demanding and he felt guilty of me already quitting my job for Scorpius. That's when he decided it was time to pursue a career in potions. St. Mungo's had just opened up applications for their Potion Master internships and after a bit of pleading and snogging, I got Draco to apply.

Needless to say, he got accepted in the first round.

Draco thought Healer Nott (AKA Theo) had something to do with it, but I reassured him it was his brilliance that got him in.

Blaise and Adrian were the only others to follow a profession in quidditch. Blaise played for a small team somewhere in Italy, visiting us whenever he could to see Scorpius. Adrian played for the Chudley Cannons having not wanted to play on a super serious, stressful team.

Graham had moved to America, choosing a career as an Auror in the US. He never visited, but he would send lengthy owls every few months with updates about his life.

He has still yet to say a full sentence to me, and no matter how many times Draco tells me Graham does speak in sentences, I don't believe him.

Crabbe and Goyle decided not to work, living their days up in their substantial inheritance.

***

From what I could tell by Draco's expression in the sky, he was pleased to see Scorpius as much as the baby was to see him.

Ginny sat on my left, holding hands with her new girlfriend, Pansy. It took everyone by surprise when they announced they were a couple at a Weasley dinner, but I had told Draco I saw it brewing for years.

Their personalities complimented each other perfectly, both equally feisty in their own charming ways.

Daphne sat on my right with Blaise, having surprised Draco for this match. So many people that loved Draco were here to support him but I could still see the dread in his eyes of soon leaving this pitch and never coming back.

It was hard watching Draco win his very last game, and it was harder knowing this would be the last time I waited outside locker rooms for him.

***

"Don't forget you said goodbye so you could have a better future for yourself" I told him later that night as I tried to brush my hair and he walked around, trying to get Scorp to sleep.

He inclined his head "I know, but it's not easy saying goodbye to the thing that brought me you"

Rolling my eyes at his cheesiness, I caught his sly grin. He was trying to get in my pants.

In a matter of moments, Scorpius was in his room fast asleep and we were naked in bed as I attempted to stay as quiet as possible while Draco continued to slowly build my high, plunging deep into me from behind.

I was thankful when he finally put the silencing charm around the room as I let throaty moans erupt.

The morning after, while Draco attempted to feed Scorp, an owl arrived to me with handwriting I haven't seen since Hogwarts.

Harry's handwriting.

I opened it curiously, wondering why he had reached out.

Just before graduation, he had approached me, apologizing for his behavior towards me and Draco, finally admitting how childish he had been. I accepted his apology, but we remained on our separate ways.

Ron never apologized, ending our friendship forever. He moved after graduation to live with Charlie in Romania, leaving me to only occasionally see him a few times a year at Weasley gatherings

"What's the owl, love?" Draco asked, keeping his eyes trained on the baby as Scorp babbled nonsense.

"It's a letter from Harry"

Draco snapped his head towards me, "Potter? What does he want?"

I shrugged, starting to read the letter.

Dear 'Mione,

I couldn't help but smile at the nickname I loathe.

I'm aware it's been some time since we've been in contact. I hope all is well, but I reach out to you in regards to Malfoy.

Having recently been informed he just finished his last season playing for the Falmouth Falcons, I wanted to tell you he will surely be missed. I bring this up because I heard he was trading the broom in for a cauldron instead.

Is this true?

If so, Hogwarts is going to be in need of a Potions Master soon, and knowing how well he did in potions, the position is his whenever he would wish it.

As the DADA Professor, I am coming to you begging that he take this position. Snape continues to teach, tormenting the kids, and I hate to admit it, but other Professors, not just myself.

Please share this owl with him,

With love and fear of Snape,

Harry x

Draco was staring at me like I had gone crazy as I laughed hysterically and read him the letter.

"Is he serious?" He asked, almost hesitantly.

I beamed at him "Yes, Draco, you can be a Potions Master as soon as you finish your internship at St. Mungos"

He contemplated it, looking serious before his face split into a smile I had learned to love just as much as I loved Scorpius.

"Tell him that I'll need a year, then I'll be there"

Picking Scorpius up out of his highchair I pecked the two blondes on the cheeks "I can't wait for what's to come for our little family" I said, pulling them both close in a family hug.

Draco wrapped his long, muscular arms around us, holding us tight. "Me too, darling. And no matter what happens, we'll be able to manage it"

a/n: kinda a cheesy epilogue, but it just felt right for this fic idk.

i didn't want it to be drawn out and have it being left overwhelming, so that's why it's shorter than the other chapters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 6.4K 17
**MATURE CONTENT** (Smut alert!) She felt herself lean back into him and he didn't move. "You've been avoiding me, Granger, I've missed you," he told...
6.1K 133 20
warnings⚠️ -smut -y/n l/n -your the bad girl -hooks up with nearly every guy in the year -6th year(18 yrs) -swearing - Draco x reader ranks #84 nas...
127 3 1
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger have a secret fling during their return to Hogwarts. Hermione leaves with something more than she bargained for whi...
444K 9.1K 55
Platinum Blonde hair, aristocratic features, cold hands gripping her thighs, sweet nothings, vulgar words and moonlit eyes showing how badly he would...