I Will Protect You (Josuke x...

By FreeFlyer68

Y/n was close friends with Josuke Higashikata in the town of Morioh. Without having a stand she was left defe... More

A Turtle
Friends
Angelo the Rock
Death by an Arrow
Waking up Differently
A Father's Love
The Nijimura Brothers
Dating Josuke Higashikata
A Lock of Guilt
Hazamada's Surface
Meeting Koichi's Girlfriend
A Love Letter
True Love
Delicious and Authentic Italian Food
Death and Resurrection
Akira Otoishi
It's Today
A Baby Stand
A Visitor to Morioh
Heaven's Door
A Blinded Rage
A Normal Day in Morioh
Another Meeting
A New Stand User
Morning Tea
A Fight For Love
Shigekiyo Yangu: Harvest
Yoshikage Kira
A Vow of Silence
Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost
Leaving the Murderers House
Three Words
A Friendly Alien
A Cheated Game
Feet
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 1
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 2
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 3
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 4
The Aftermath
The Killer Known as Yoshikage Kira
The Summer of 1999

It's Called a Stand

5.5K 219 174
By FreeFlyer68

You walked a long way listening to the story Jotaro was telling. Jotaro kept his hands in his pockets the entire time, and he was serious about everything he said.

   ' I wonder if he ever smiles. '

Eventually, we reached the bridge that we needed to cross to get into another housing district.

   " So there you have it. Eventually, you're gonna find yourself in possession of a third of the old man's inheritance. That's the message I came here to tell you. I hate to leave this on you but this whole affair has turned the Joestar's upside down. "

   " Upside down? Are you serious? " JOsuke asked, stopping and looking at Jotaro with wide eyes.

   " I am. My grandma Suzie Q is the angriest she's ever been in their entire marriage and they've been together for sixety-one years. "

   " P-Please forgive me! "

Josuke straightened himself and bowed in front of Jotaro. I stood on the sidelines with our other classmate beside me, watching the scene. I stood between Jotaro and the guy I haven't discovered a name from.

   " This is all my fault! "

   " Hey, there's no need to freak out. Why are you apologizing in the first place? "

   " Well I. . .I hate to be the cause of a family falling apart. Whenever the subject came up, mom told me she was deeply in love. Knowing she had that was enough for me. Could you tell my dad-I mean. . .Mr. Joestar that he doesn't need to concern himself with us. Thank you. "

   ' And there is Josuke's normal side. The sweet and innocent side. I bet Jotaro's wondering why Josuke's apologizing instead of getting decked in the face for Mr. Joestar's sake. '

   " Oh, look it's Josuke! "

   " It is! "

   " Hey, Josuke! "

Josuke stood up from his bowing position, and I looked towards the bridge we just crossed. Three girls were walking over it and coming towards us. I could see Jotaro tilt his hat down, and he seemed agitated.

   " I'm guessing you've experienced this before? " I asked Jotaro.

   " You have no idea, kid. "

   " What a coincidence! "

   " Let's go to class together. "

   " Your hair is looking as glorious as ever! "

   " So, great! "

   " What do you usually do in situation like this? " the short guy asked.

   " Usually I let it play out and see what happens. I don't like getting in the middle of girls flirting with him because I know I'll be attacked later. So, I would just watch it and wait for Josuke to apologize to them and continue the conversation. " I replied. 

   " I don't have time to wait for this to play out. " Jotaro said.

   " I don't either. We're going to be late. "

   " Earth to Josuke. We haven't finished our business yet. Get the groupies out of here. "

   " Hey! Who the hell's this guy? " One of the girls said, looking at Jotaro.

   " Don't talk to him like that. That's rude. " I said to the girls.

   " Shut up you-"

   " Hey, you can cackle like hens about his boring hair on your own time. "

I could see the girls stiffen up, and I looked at Josuke. He looked angry at Jotaro's words. Immediately I understood why.

   " Jotaro you should have said that a little differently. "

   " Why? "

   " He goes off anyone who insults his hair. Which is what you've just done my good sir. "

   " Bastard. Do you want to repeat what you just said about my hair? " JOsuke growled at Jotaro.

   " Hold on a minute, Josuke. I wasn't trying to take at shot at your hair. "

I knew that Josuke's Guardian Spirit was going to attack Jotaro, and I wanted to step into the situation but before I could. I noticed a sliver of blood leave Josuke's mouth, and he kneeled down, putting his hands over his right leg.

   " Did you see it, Josuke? This is called a stand. "

   ' He has one too!? '

   " It's a physical manifestation of the soul. Joseph has one of these as well. Only a stand user can see another stand. "

   ' That's why I can't see them but he can. Huh. '

   " You know it pisses me off when someone decides to bad mouth my pride and joy. It really grinds my gears! "

   " So that's what your stand looks like! "

They both stood there, and to others, it would look like they were just having a glaring contest, but you knew that their stands were fighting. By the way, they positioned themselves to stand, you could tell they were having a fight, one that a normal person wouldn't be able to see. 

   " This kids power. . .it's unreal. "

   " Hah, don't know if you realized this but you left your chest wide open! "

   " Enough! "

In the blink of an eye, Jotaro wasn't standing beside me anymore. He was standing behind Josuke, but his hat was different. Josuke's stand hit Jotaro's hat because it was broken in many places. It started to come back together, but it was in an odd shape. Josuke turned towards him, still angry.

   " Why you-"

Josuke was silenced when Jotaro punched him across the face. Josuke went to the floor, and Jotaro turned towards the girls yelling,

   " Shut your mouths! Now get out of here before your whiny bitching makes me angrier! "

The girls blushed and nodded their heads, walking away. I walked towards Josuke and leaned down to him.

   " Josuke, everything okay, buddy? "

   " Yeah. . ."

   " Here, I got ya. " Jotaro said, grabbing Josuke's arm to help him up.

I grabbed his other arm and pulled him to stand. Josuke seemed to calm down after the punch that Jotaro gave him. Jotaro let go of Josuke and stepped back from us, but I stayed beside Josuke with his arm around my shoulder.

   " As I was saying, there's another reason I cam to see you. Look at this picture. "

Jotaro reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a polaroid picture. I couldn't see what was in the picture and when I looked to Josuke to see if he could see it, I could tell that he could. His eyes widened, and he looked back up at Jotaro.

   " There's something evil hiding in this town. It seems like a tragedy is coming. The old man used his psychic photography to check up on you when we got these. We don't know why these showed up. We don't know who this guy is but if I had to guess, he's a stand user. "

I looked at the photos, but I, again, couldn't see anything in the photos, but in one of them, I saw a man standing in the photo. I didn't recognize him at all. The silver-haired guy walked up to us and grabbed Josuke's arm to take a look at the photos too. 

   " This matter doesn't involve you but I wanted you to see the photos. You need to be careful too, Koichi, Y/n. If you see this guy, stay away from him. Calling the police won't do anything. It's best to turn away and run. Josuke, don't get angry and do anything to him. Otherwise, you'll end up like this again. " Jotaro warned.

I nodded but jumped when the guy known as Koichi yelled.

   " The school orientation! "

   " Crap, we're late! " I shouted, feeling worried for missing the orientation.

   " Oh, no if I'm late on the first day my mother will have my head. So. . .I'll talk to you again properly after school! " Josuke yelled, running.

   " Come on Koichi! " I yelled back to him.

   " Okay! "

We all started running to get to school before we missed the orientation. I was able to keep up with Josuke, and Koichi was a few steps behind us. We ran to the school grounds and searched for the building we were supposed to already be in. 

   " That one! " I yelled, pointing at one of the buildings.

We ran to the building I pointed at and found that the orientation hadn't started yet. We walked in like nothing happened earlier with Jotaro and sat down in the chairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 10 10
No man is an island. Even the strongest people could use a companion by their side-and Jotaro Kujo, whether he liked it or not, would have to deal wi...
6K 311 28
PLEASE NOTE: Rohan Kishibe is aged up in this fic. "Is that you right there?" Rohan asked, pointing to the figure reaching for the apple. (Y/n) nodde...
19.1K 637 24
It's 2002, and everything seems to be going normal in the town of Morioh. Ame is trying to find inspiration for her novels, and her former classmate...
39.4K 1.5K 22
What would happen if you happened to break Jotaro Kujo's heart? What if you just didn't feel the same for him as you did for someone else? Could you...