To have and to loathe

Bởi sophie_swadil

18+ ❝ I'm a man of great restraint but seeing you like this is pushing the boundaries of my self control, so... Xem Thêm

• Welcome
• 𝐂hapter 1
• 𝐂hapter 2
• 𝐂hapter 3
• 𝐂hapter 4
• 𝐂hapter 5
• 𝐂hapter 6
• 𝐂hapter 7
• 𝐂hapter 8
• 𝐂hapter 9
• 𝐂hapter 10
• 𝐂hapter 11
• 𝐂hapter 12
• 𝐂hapter 13
• 𝐂hapter 14
• 𝐂hapter 15
• 𝐂hapter 16
• 𝐂hapter 18
• 𝐂hapter 19
• 𝐂hapter 20
• 𝐂hapter 21
• 𝐂hapter 22
• 𝐂hapter 23
• 𝐂hapter 24
• 𝐂hapter 25
• 𝐂hapter 26
• 𝐂hapter 27
• 𝐂hapter 28
• 𝐂hapter 29
• 𝐂hapter 30
• 𝐂hapter 31
• 𝐂hapter 32
• 𝐂hapter 33
• 𝐂hapter 34
• 𝐂hapter 35
• 𝐂hapter 36
• 𝐂hapter 37
• 𝐂hapter 38
• 𝐂hapter 39
• 𝐂hapter 40
• 𝐂hapter 41
• 𝐂hapter 42
• 𝐂hapter 43
• 𝐂hapter 44
• 𝐂hapter 45
• 𝐂hapter 46
• 𝐂hapter 47
• 𝐂hapter 48
• 𝐂hapter 49
• 𝐂hapter 50
• 𝐂hapter 51
• 𝐂hapter 52
• 𝐂hapter 53
• 𝐂hapter 54
• 𝐂hapter 55
• 𝐂hapter 56
• 𝐂hapter 57
• 𝐂hapter 58
• 𝐂hapter 59
• 𝐂hapter 60
• 𝐂hapter 61
• 𝐂hapter 62
• 𝐂hapter 63
• 𝐂hapter 64
• 𝐂hapter 65
• 𝐂hapter 66
• 𝐄pilogue
• 𝐄xtra chapter

• 𝐂hapter 17

123K 4.4K 1.4K
Bởi sophie_swadil

I readjusted my bow tie and tugged my sleek white tuxedo the moment I arrived in front of Hope's apartment door.

"Hope?" I knocked, eager to see her for a reason I didn't fully understand.

I guess I was just a little jiggy to drink her in the outfit I had picked out for her since I had never really done this for any woman before.

With Megan, it was straightforward. She liked to do her own shopping and always questioned my fashion taste whenever I went out of my way to get her clothes, shoes, and accessories, so I stopped and just handed her my credit card instead.

I shook her thoughts away from my head instantly. Right now, my main focus was on Hope and my child.

When a minute passed and she still didn't open, I stepped forward and knocked again.

"I'm sorry. Give me a minute!" Her voice boomed from inside the room, the shuffling noises indicating that she was pacing around quickly.

I glanced at my watch. We were already running behind schedule. I groaned, leaning forward to knock again but the door suddenly swung open before I could and what it revealed made my gut tighten.

Fuck.

She went braless, her exposed cleavage teasing. My eyes lowered to them, and I knew I probably shouldn't be leering at a woman's breast so bluntly but, the way her chest rose and fell made it hard to tear my eyes away.

Fuck again. I internally shook my head. If I didn't stop, my cock was going to start getting the wrong message and I did not want to walk around all night with an aching boner.

I cleared my throat and forced my eyes back up to her moderately caked face. "Are you ready?"

She nodded and then bit down on her bottom lip in a way that caught my eye. They were painted red, plump, succulent. My insides felt funny. After our kiss, my entire body had been tense and all I wanted was to feel her lips against mine one more time.  Seeing her biting down on down flesh like that only made me want to press her into my chest and ruin—my pants grew snug. Fuck, no.

To distract my brain from sending jolts to my dick, I hurriedly reached into my breast pocket and pulled out a red jewelry box. "Here, put this on."

Her eyes beamed with curiosity as she accepted the box from me and opened it. It had a solitaire diamond cut chocker inside.

"Killian." She closed the box with a sigh and stretched it back out for me to take. "I can't accept this. I already went out of my way to accept this dress but this necklace looks too expensive."

"Well, it is," I frowned. "And it has a no return policy so you have to wear it."

Her lips pursed, making me look down at it one more time. Fuck. "Why are you spending so much on me, I clearly can't pay you back."

"Quite frankly, I know you can't and I never asked you to."

"Then why do it?"

I shrugged. "I'm an arrogant asshole. I like it when others envy what I have."

She narrowed her eyes. "Well, then this is unnecessary because you do not have me neither do you own me."

God, this woman was unbelievable.

"If you're looking for an argument you're not going to find it with me. Now put this on so we can get the hell out of here."

She stared at me for a moment and then scowled. "Domineering ass."

"Cry me a river, sweetheart."

She snorted and turned around swiftly, her back to me, and then she swept her hair to one side, allowing me a scope of the nape of her neck. "Put it on." She urged, oblivious to the mini boner she was currently giving me.

Clearing my throat, I stepped forward and placed the chocker over her neck before locking it. God, her hair smelt nice. Like strawberry. How was that even possible?

I pulled back when she turned to look at me. "How do I look?"

Her thickly-lashed eyes stared at me hopefully and I knew she was expecting a positive response.

I wished I wasn't an asshole, but I was.
"Quit asking silly questions, grab your things, and let's go."

She shot me a dirty look. "Fine. Give me a minute."

Upstate Francisco on Saturday evening was surprisingly smooth with little to no traffic. Considering it was the weekend, I was expecting worse. The ride was a quiet one. Hope remained silent, staring out the window.

When the Limo pulled up to the hotel parking lot, I could tell her anxiety level was sky-high. She was sweating like a whore in church and fidgeting like a nervous wreck.

I couldn't have her blowing this.

"Act natural," I told her, rearranging my bowtie before getting out and walking over to her side of the door. When I opened it, I extended my hands for her to take. She hesitated for a moment, just staring at me, but then she took it. Her hands were soft and sweaty.

Flashy camera lights blazed into our eyes as we walked up the wide range of stairs.

I wrapped my arm behind the small of her back and abruptly steered her away from the flashing lights and screaming reporters. "You okay?"

She nodded, breathing out a relieving sigh the moment I ushered her away from the noise and into the hotel hall festooned with powder blue carpets and roses spilling from sculptures like rivers.

"Well, isn't this cute?"

The nasty tone embedded deep in that voice told me who it was.

I turned.

Bastard.

"I didn't think I'd be seeing you here Scott."

"Well someone has to protect Hope from venomous assholes like you."

Seemingly ignoring us, Hope smiled at the woman I could only assume was Scott's wife. She was beautiful. Adorned in a white cocktail dress that hugged her wide hips. This fucker managed to score a good one with his snarky attitude.

"It's so nice to see you." They shared a momentary hug, and when Hope pulled away, she turned to me, and we exchanged handshakes. "Welcome to the family, Mr. Fobster, I am Maria, Scott's wife."

Maria...I remember fucking a Maria once. Didn't end well.

And by that I meant, she almost bit my dick off while trying very hard to please me with her tongue. Amateurs. Fair advice: keep your dick away from their mouths.

I shot her a warm smile. "So lovely. You can certainly do better than this clown."

Scott hissed. He had definitely not expected that. "Say that again if you dare."

Hope inhaled deeply through her nose and turned back to Maria. "Have any idea where my mother might be?"

"She's busy." Scoff answered instead. "It'll take at least an hour before you can get her attention."

"I'll wait."

"Are you hungry, why don't we move to the dinner table?" Maria suggested.

As soon as she turned to leave, Hope looked at me knowingly and followed behind, no doubt in dire haste to get away from us.

"We need to talk." Scott suddenly said in a serious tone that nearly made me laugh because I could never take him seriously. Not even if I tried.

"I'm listening."

"Well, I know we got off on the wrong foot but I want to tell you something."

Boy, here we go.

"My stepdad got my mother pregnant and then married her." He began. "He wasn't one of those guys that anyone could really count on for the long rodeo."

"I'm guessing you're assuming I share similar traits with your stepfather?" I observed.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I know firsthand what it's like not growing up with a father figure because I was there when Hope was born, I was also there when her father ran off and never returned. I know she pretends to be a strong girl but deep down she's really fragile."

"I don't think this lecture is necessary Scott. I am not Hope's father. I won't be abandoning my child." If I knew nothing else, I knew that.

He inclined his head. "What about Hope? Will you be abandoning her after all this is over?"

I didn't answer, I didn't need to but he continued regardless. "This is my baby sister we're talking about. I know the hell my mother went through, loving the wrong man and-"

"It's not like that between me and Hope." I interrupted icily.

He scoffed. "Somehow I find that hard to believe."

"Well that's your problem," I bit out tightly.

"I'm going to speak frankly here, Killian. My sister is too good for you. I don't know what you have on her but you need to break this engagement off before she falls in love with your charms. She's got her family willing to step up and help her. If you're going to break her heart, don't hang around. It will hurt but Hope will find someone worthy of her to step up in your place."

Somehow envisioning the thought of someone else taking care of Hope and the baby made my stomach twist with knots of anger. I didn't love her, certainly not. I wasn't capable of love. I'd lost that ability the day I caught my best friend taking my girlfriend from behind. Nevertheless, I cared for Hope and the baby and didn't mind pissing all over my territory so no other idiot thought they had a chance.

I tightened my fists by my side, willing myself not to launch into anything physical. "The only reason I haven't punched you in the face for that suggestion is because I respect you as Hope's brother but I'm not a deadbeat nor do I need another man to take my place. I know my responsibilities and I'll do them. If you're still worked up over the fact that we're getting married you need to live with it cus it's happening."

"Just don't hurt my sister, because with you it always seems to end in tears."

I kept silent. Eventually, I would. That was my life. I hurt people, used them and discarded them, then repeated the cycle all over again.

She wasn't going to be any different.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

289K 4.8K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
84.5K 393 50
****WARNING****** ****Strong sexual content Not for anyone under 18***** ****If you don't like this type of story please do not read**** Do you need...
5.1M 190K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
95K 835 9
🔥Featured by @WattpadAfterDark on "BDSM and Consensual Kink" reading list🔥 *** "I couldn't get enough of him. The more I tasted him, the more I wan...