Rough Edges (Levi Ackerman X...

By SomeGreekMalaka

A cheeky grin is plastered on his face and he lightly chuckles, "Because you silly brat," he cups my cheeks a... More

Introduction/ Author's Note
Chapter 1 - New Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Unexpected Friends
Chapter 3 - Survey Corps
Chapter 4 - New Recruits
Chapter 5 - Combat Training
Chapter 6 - A Gift
Chapter 7 - 23rd Expedition
Chapter 8 - True Colors
Chapter 9 - No Regrets
Author's Note - Story Update
Chapter 10 - Dark and Light
Chapter 11 - Hospital Bed
Chapter 12 - Starry Night
Chapter 13 - Medical Leave
Chapter 14 - Shiganshina Falls Part 1
Chapter 15 - Shiganshina Falls Part 2
Chapter 16 - The Aftermath
Chapter 17 - Dreams and Desires
Chapter 18 - Oh Brother
Chapter 19 - Old Friend
Chapter 20 - Expedition Preparations
Chapter 21 - The File
Chapter 22 - Worst Fear (Lime)
Information Excerpt 2 - File X-456-MP
Chapter 23 - Handsome Boy
Chapter 24 - That Day
Chapter 25 - Swimming Lessons
Information Excerpt 3 - Floriography
Chapter 26 - Confessed Feelings
Chapter 27 - The Truth
Chapter 28 - Special Delivery (Lime)

Information Excerpt 1 - Notes on the Captain's Squad

50 4 39
By SomeGreekMalaka

Author's Note: So I thought I would try something similar to the anime where in episodes they have those little information excerpts. These won't be plot chapters, more of just additional detail.

Same as all pictures I use, I get everything off Google Images or Instagram, I do not own any of them, if I can find the artist's name, I'll add it.

I found this video recently and I think it does a great job illustrating Levi's emotional and psychological state. Most of the information is cannon, and I'll be basing more of his character around it as well. Fyi it's quite sad so prepare your feels.

-----

Official Document of the Survey Corps

Section: Reconnaissance Battalion

This document contains the performance appraisal of all members under Captain (Y/N) Johansen's squad. After a few weeks of training and reviewal of past appraisals, I have created an update-to-date review on everyone.

-----

Lieutenant Levi Ackerman (28)

ODM Skills: 9/10

Hand-to-hand: 9.5/10

Strength: 10/10

Agility: 9/10

Intelligence: 7/10

Teamwork: 4/10

Strategist: 5/10

Solo Kills: 5

In-team: 3

Total Kills: 8

Total Expeditions: 1

Psychological Profile

Lt. Ackerman is very level-headed and rarely loses controls of his emotions. He has a strong will power to achieve greatness by constantly improving his skill sets.

One downside to his psyche is he shows symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and suffers from insomnia. Levi is known to use cleaning as his way to control his surroundings and relieve his anxiety. Triggers for this disorder most likely resulted from the death of his mother and friends, as well as growing up in poverty. His insomnia does not affect his performance on the field and he seems unbothered by the ack of sleep.

Although he comes off as antisocial, Levi deeply respects his squamates and has a high regard for preserving human life.

He is riddled with guilt after losing his friends during the 23rd expedition, but it seems to have no effect on his decision making. 

Strengths

His strengths include his ODM usage, combat skills, physical strength, and agility. Levi is able to perform high-evasive maneuvers and uses his gear as an extension of his body, rather than just as a tool.

He has extremely fast reflexes and can switch directions at a moment's notice. Combining his physical strength and agility, Levi can easily cut through the nape of a titan and avoid being grabbed.

One of Levi's strongest attributes is his adaptability. He quickly adjusted to the lifestyle aboveground and continues to adapt to new situations.

Weaknesses

His weaknesses include his teamwork and strategizing skills. Although Levi has exceptional fighting skills, he lacks teamwork. Before he joined the Corps, he lead a gang and was used to being in control. He's known to disobey orders during drills, criticize his teammates over trivial mistakes, and talk in a blunt manner that most view as rude.

Levi is able to think quick on the spot and make decisions, but he is not suited for developing full long-term plans. This quality may be a result of growing up in the Underground where the only focus is on surviving each day.

Captain's Remarks

Despite the circumstances surrounding his enlistment, Lt. Ackerman shows great promise as a new scout member. On his first mission he single-handedly eliminated an abnormal titan that previously wiped an entire squad. While the scouts retreated back home, he assisted the support squads in eliminating or disabling titans.

Growing up in harsh conditions taught him to be highly street smart over book smart. But he is a quick learner and occasionally spends his free time reading books about life on the surface along with our history.

-----

Private Meena Steele (20)

(Credit: Itzalzenka from BeFunky)

ODM Skills: 7/10

Hand-to-hand: 7.5/10

Strength: 6/10

Agility: 8/10

Intelligence: 9/10

Teamwork: 8.5/10

Strategist: 8/10

Solo Kills: 2

In-team: 6

Total Kills: 8

Total expeditions: 2

Psychological Profile

Private Meena Steele is a simple girl who is more of a follower than a leader. She was raised in the countryside to a large family with five siblings. Being a middle child left her with attention seeking issues and the need for constant reassurance. Private Aris Jones turned into a mentor for her, and the two are always seen together.

Steele does not show any signs of mental distress prior to joining the Survey Corps. After her first expedition she suffered from bouts of nightmares, but has learned to channel her troubled thoughts in her training.

Grayson and Steele completed cadet training together and left them with a tight friendship. They are known to tease and pester each other, often being scolded by Jones.

Strengths

Private Steele's most notable strength is her intelligence. She is always in the library reading when not training. Her wits and quick thinking help her predict outcomes that others may not see. Her high intelligence and creative manner helps her think outside-the-box, an important quality needed out in the field.

She is quite agile when using her gear. Having a smaller frame allows her to dodge and weave easily. Her reaction time is good, but could use some work.

Weaknesses

One major weakness of Meena is her decision making ability. She usually listens to everyone's opinion before stating her own. I believe this quality derives from being born into a large family, she's not used to her voice being heard. 

Also, she lacks confidence in her physical abilities. During training she tends to hesitate during combat drills and will let someone take the lead before jumping in the action. Her physical strength needs work, about half of the cuts she makes on dummy titans are too shallow.

Captain's Remarks

Private Meena Steele is still freshly graduated and needs more training. However her ambition to learn more about the outside world keeps her highly motivated to improve her skills.

Being able to think outside-the-box adds a great addition to this team. She has potential and just needs some more guidance. 

-----

Private Aris Jones (22)

(Credit: Starheart0202 from Deviant Art)

ODM Skills: 8/10

Hand-to-hand: 6.5/10

Strength: 8/10

Agility: 6/10

Intelligence: 7/10

Teamwork: 7/10

Strategist: 5/10

Solo Kills: 5

In-team: 10

Total Kills: 15

Total expeditions: 6

Psychological Profile

Private Aris Jones is an energetic individual who has a knack for teasing the newer graduates. She always keeps her head high and is rarely in a bad mood, always looking on the bright side of things. She grew up to a middle class family in Trost, so she is formal at times but also very humbling. 

Her bright attitude can quickly change to seriousness when on the field, always putting the mission and her squamates first. Even on her first mission when her gear malfunctioned, she remained calm. 

One downside is she has difficulty coping the loss of her teammates. Her constant bright attitude leaves her vulnerable and unexperienced on how to cope.

Strengths

Her experience on the field has greatly increased her ODM skills. She can glide across the ground as if she's skating and soar up in the air with ease. Being tall does slightly hinder her ability to maneuver around, but her physical strength compensates for that. Roughly 90% of her cuts to the nape are lethal.

She's intelligent and likes to spend time in the library with Meena. Being a role model for the two youngest members positively impacts this squad. She is able to act as a mediator between them and authority.

Weaknesses

Her tall stature doesn't allow much room for agility and seems to be the source of her clumsiness. During martial arts training she has slower reflexes and relies more on her strength than speed. Also, she is not as fast when using ODM gear compared to others.

As mentioned previously, she needs to work on her coping mechanisms. This job is highly stressful and I'm afraid she may burn out soon.

Lastly, she lacks planning skills. She follows orders but rarely makes decisions on her own, only when absolutely necessary. She relies too much on the chain-of-command.

Captain's Remarks

Private Aris Jones is a strong soldier who will more than likely succeed in the Regiment. She already is greatly skilled and will only continue to improve. 

The team feels comfortable confiding in her, and I do as well. 

She joined the scouts to prove she isn't just some city girl from a middle-class family. I believe she already is proving herself.

-----

Private Chris Grayson (18)

(Credit: orehyeonggie on Deviant Art)

ODM Skills: 7/10

Hand-to-hand: 7.5/10

Strength: 7/10

Agility: 8/10

Intelligence: 5/10

Teamwork: 4/10

Strategist: 3/10

Solo Kills: 3

In-team: 4

Total Kills: 7

Total expeditions: 2

Psychological Profile

Private Chris Grayson is naïve and sometimes reckless. He thrives on the adrenalin rush during expeditions and training. He joined the Survey Corps more for adventure and killing titans versus saving humanity. He is known to dive head first into the action before surveying his surroundings. 

Grayson also comes from a family in the countryside and is the youngest of three brothers. Even after three years of military training he still has trouble following orders. He has an invincible complex and thinks just because he graduated in the top 10 of his class he's the best.

Although naïve, he is the comedic relief of the group, always aiming to make others laugh from his jokes.

Strengths

Grayson's ODM skills, strength, and agility are his greatest assets. Out of everyone, he is the best at conserving gas by using momentum and avoiding unnecessary movements. He is precise with his cuts and knows which muscles to target to disable a titan. 

He is fearless on the battlefield and tends to mock the titans before killing them. Having a bright attitude like his helps keep morale up during expeditions.

Weaknesses

Along with Steele, Grayson is still freshly graduated. Meaning he does not have a lot of experience with decision making and prioritization. He barely has any experience with creating plans, and doesn't seem to have any interest in them.

Also, he is not the brightest on the team. He cares more about physical performance and seeing who can get the most kills than actually learning more about titans.

Lastly, he does not work well with others. It's common for him to challenge orders or question his teammates.

Captain's Remarks

Private Grayson needs more additional discipline in order to become a better scout. I believe this squad is well suited for him because of his relationship with Steele and Jones. The two are able to talk sense into him.

Unfortunately, I don't see Grayson climbing the ranks in the Regiment. However, he is a valuable solider with great technique.

-----

Private Eld Gin (27)

ODM Skills: 9/10

Hand-to-hand: 8/10

Strength: 9.5/10

Agility: 7/10

Intelligence: 7/10

Teamwork: 8/10

Strategist: 6.5/10

Solo Kills: 6

In-team: 12

Total Kills: 18

Total expeditions: 6

Psychological Profile

Private Eld Gin is very mentally and emotionally competent. He has a strong sense of duty to his leaders and comrades, more than willing to put his life on the line for them.

Eld can come off as reserved and quiet, usually talking in a straightforward or blunt manner. He tends to avoid talking about emotions and personal issues. Being the son of a Military Police soldier molded him into the man he is today. He follows orders mostly without question, but is not afraid to speak his mind if he truly believes there's a better course of action.

Strengths

Eld excels in all areas when it comes to physical skill sets. He is both physically and mentally strong with spot-on accuracy. He uses his ODM gear creatively by performing fake-outs and blinding titans with gas, allowing his teammates to finish them off before being noticed.

He has an unbreakable will that compliments his solid build, something that stands him out from the others.

No one has a problem working with Eld, he gets along easily with people. Although he typically scolds Chris when he acts irrational.

Weaknesses

Private Gin doesn't have any major weaknesses. However, he does have room for improvement. He has decent strategizing skills, but not good enough to make Captain any time soon.

He is used to following orders and has difficulty thinking for himself sometimes, most likely resulting from growing up in a military style household. 

Captain's Remarks

Eld makes up our third strongest soldier within this squad. He is a highly valuable asset to not only the Regiment, but also to mankind. I see great things in this soldier's future.

I believe that with more experience he could make a great Captain one day.

-----

-  Captain (Y/N) Johansen (Signature)

-----

Author's Note: So I got REALLY bored and decided to make a floor plan of (Y/N)'s office, I was going to add this when I updated Chapter 23, but I decided to re-publish this chapter with it because I think it makes more sense timeline wise.

Fyi the sink in the bathroom is supposed to be a full vanity, the dresser across from the bed is supposed to be an armoire, and the thing next to the desk is a bookshelf. Also the door to the bedroom is supposed to swing inwards (oops).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 860 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
186K 8.6K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
251K 16.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
159K 4.5K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...