Misery loves company

By anonymouswriter27_

After Sheldon has an accident and is fighting for his life Amy,his friends and family has to find a way to li... More

Chapter 1: Ohana means family
Chapter 2: Time waits for no one
Chapter 3: Two parts of one whole
Chapter 4: Shouldn't be good in goodbye
Chapter 5: I keep coming back to you
Chapter 6: The night before the day
Chapter 7: My home is always with you
Chapter 8: We need people sometimes
Chapter 10: Fighting for you
Chapter 11: Deny,Deny,Deny
Chapter 12: Losing hope on the unknown
Chapter 13: Please stay with me
Chapter 14: Sometimes love doesn't win
Chapter 15: Please don't go
Chapter 16: I'm not going anywhere
Chapter 17: Alive with a heartbeat
Chapter 18: Fears, Friends and Fights
Chapter 19: We are all okay
Chapter 20: No one gets left behind

Chapter 9: Crying is the best medicine

116 8 2
By anonymouswriter27_

Misery loves company

Chapter 9:  Crying is the best medicine

Hey guys :) Just want to say thank you to the one for the continuous support for my story it means the world to me.

P.S : This may be a little sensitive for some people.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Tears are words that need to be written."~Paulo Coelho
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Uncle Georgie !" Leo shouted running to the door now as we walked in.

Georgie picked him up as he raised him in the air then put him down again which left Leo giggling.

"How is my little guy ?" He said with a big smile on his face.

Leo absolutely adored Georgie and Sheldon never knew why but Leo just loved everyone. He found the goodness in everyone no matter how bad you were as a person he always found a goodness in you which everyone says he gets from me but quite honestly I think it is something that just makes Leo well Leo.

"Hello to you to Leo. " Missy said making her existence known.

"Hello Aunty Missy. " He said hugging her.

"See I am someone's favourite at least." Georgie said to Missy.

"Hmm whatever you want to believe Georgie. " Missy said.

"No I'm serious. See look. Leo am I your favourite uncle ?" He asked.

Leo smiled then nodded.

"See I am his favourite. " Georgie said proud of his achievement.

"I'm sure he says that to all his uncle's. " Missy said.

"Fine then. Amy. Call Leonard,Rajesh or Howard and find out if this is true. " Georgie said looking at me now.

"Okay but only because I need to ask about tonight. I can't believe you guys are fighting over my son's attention. " I said smiling as I brought out my phone then calling Rajesh.

He eventually picked up and I put it on speaker.

"Hey Raj. Listen. I have Missy and Georgie with me right now and they want to prove something so I am going to ask you to make conversation with Leo then ask him if you are his favourite uncle so we can see what he says. " I said.

"Hello Missy and Georgie. Yeah of course give the phone to him but you can leave it on speaker. " Raj said over the phone.

I gave Leo the phone which was bigger than his hand and needed two hands to support it.Raj greeted him and asked him a few questions so it didn't look random to speak to him.

"Okay Leo. I am going to ask you a big question okay ? Am I your favourite uncle ? " Raj asked.

"Yes. Of course. " Leo said smiling.

Georgie was being dramatic in being so shocked like he was just betrayed,"I thought what we had was special."

"It's okay brother. You didn't just get rejected by a 4 year old. " Missy said laughing.

"I'm almost 5. " Leo said sounding offended.

"That's right my boy. You are almost 5. You are becoming such a big boy. " I said.

"Okay Leo. Two more questions okay. Is Uncle Leonard your favorite uncle ?" Raj asked over the phone now.

"Yes. He has the same name as me. "

"Okay and Is Uncle Howard your favourite uncle ?"

"Yes he has been in space. " Leo said sounding mind blown which sent us laughing.

"Well there you go. You are all his favorites. He loves you all. " I said grabbing the phone.

"Are you sure he is Sheldon's child ? He is a little too nice for that. " Georgie said.

"Well I didn't want to say it like this but..."I said taking a pause as they both listened attentively to what I had to say," Of course he is Sheldon's child. Did you really believe there is a chance he isn't ? "

"Of course not Ames. He looks like a replica of a young Sheldon. " Missy said.

"Okay Ames I have to go now but are we all still on for tonight ?" Raj asked.

"Yeah we are. Is Leonard coming ?" I asked.

"That's my name." Leo said enthusiastically like he just found this out recently.

"Yes honey that is your name but I'm talking about Uncle Leonard. " I said smiling .

"I'm sure Penny will make sure he comes. " He said.

"Okay I will see you all here. " I said.

"Okay Ames see you. I'm glad you are here Missy and Georgie. Look after her for us while we aren't there please. " Raj said.

"Of course always. She is always being watched over. " Missy said.

"Thank you for agreeing to come for this all of you. " Georgie said.

"No problem we are always here for Amy and Leo. We will be here every step of the way ."Raj said.

"Thank you to all of you. I couldn't imagine doing this all by myself and I am so glad I don't have to. I will let you get going Raj. See you tonight."I said.

Raj said goodbye then ended the call.

"Come on children you must be starving. I will make you all lunch. " Mary said.

"Food sounds amazing. I hope it cures the betrayal and rejection I feel because of your son Ames. " Georgie said.

"Leo is going to be a heartbreaker so he might as well start with you. " Missy said.

"Let's not get there with him yet.I am good with him now. Georgie food helps with everything . " I said as we made our way to the kitchen.

Mary made us all lunch and I watched Leo eat his food neatly. He was so careful and precise.He ate everything one by one organized in his my mind. I saw so much of Sheldon in him that sometimes I felt like he was here but when I looked at the chair he would sit at by the kitchen counter it would be filled with someone else. It didn't feel the same watching Leo play with his trains without Sheldon. It hurt so much if I thought about it enough that I couldn't breathe.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You know Leo we are always here for you. Anytime you want to talk about anything that's on your mind or whatever is bothering you we are here. Whether it is kids being mean to you or you are sad. You can tell your mommy or me and if you don't feel comfortable telling us you have such a big family to talk to. There is your meemaw,your aunties:Missy,Penny and Bernadette as well as your uncles: Georgie, Leonard,Howard and Rajesh. So I don't want you to ever feel alone okay ? " Sheldon said as they all sat on the couch.

Leo nodded playing with his blocks on his lap.

"Must I even tell you when it makes me sad to eat mushrooms? " Leo asked.

"Of course especially about mushrooms." Amy said.

"Well I hate mushrooms." He said disgusted just by the name alone.

"Well we will hate it with you then." Amy said holding his hand.

"You know that mushrooms are actually..." Sheldon said whispering softly to Amy.

"Shh Sheldon. Leo is feeling his hatred for mushrooms. Let him first feel the way he is feeling before we tell him the rational facts to make a decision. " Amy said interrupting him.

Sheldon walked out of the room and then came back with the small white mushrooms that was packaged.

"Well then Leo you can decide what we do with these mushrooms ?" Sheldon said.

Leo placed his blocks on the couch then took it out of Sheldon's hand as he started opening it up.

"Sweetheart what are you going to do with it? " Amy asked.

"We are going to have a food fight with mushrooms. " He said.

"I thought you don't like mushrooms. " Amy said.

"I don't like eating them. Doesn't mean I can't play with them." Leo said starting to throw mushrooms at both of them,laughing as he ran around the room.

Sheldon got up and grabbed him into a bear hug then let him go for Leo to find Sheldon with a handful of mushrooms. Sheldon started throwing it at him careful for it not to hurt Leo.

"Sheldon, you are aware you are making a mess ?" Amy said giggling.

"I will clean it don't worry. As long as Leo has fun with this then I am okay." Sheldon said.

Amy got up whispering something in Leo's ear then took some mushrooms as they threw them at Sheldon.

"You both are against me . That's no fair. " Sheldon said running out of mushrooms sitting on the ground now.

Leo stood there about to throw more at him while Sheldon was going to admit defeat but Leo jumped into his arms hugging him tighter. Sheldon was shocked and looked at Amy now hoping she could explain what happened. She sat now next to Sheldon.

"I love you daddy. I'm sorry. " He said crying now.

"I love you too Leo but what are you sorry for ? You didn't do anything wrong. " Sheldon said worried now.

"I don't want to hurt you. " He said sitting in between them now.

"You weren't hurting me Leo. You could never hurt me. " Sheldon said.

"Thank you for hating mushrooms with me. " He said looking at both of them now with a smile.

They both sandwiched him in a hug then tickled him until he couldn't stop laughing. Sheldon looked at Amy now with a smile.

"This was a great idea Amy which is no surprise. " He said.

"You handled this all amazing. " Amy said.

Sheldon covered Leo's eyes now which he tried to fight to see but Sheldon was stronger and he kissed Amy quickly before uncovering Leo's eyes again.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Everyone found a seat now and we all agreed to do it now so it was over and done with. I was surprised to even see Leonard here but he honestly didn't look like he wanted to be here. I didn't want to be here either for this. I called the children down from upstairs so they all came running down and once they got to the tv room they knew something was wrong. I called Leo to come and placed him on my lap now while Mary, Missy and Georgie sat next to me to help me.

"Leo . I want to tell you something important. It is going to make you sad and it is okay to cry. To tell us how you are feeling about this. Please know that no matter what we are here for you. We are going to get through this together." I said feeling the tears fight to the surface.

Leo stayed silent waiting for me to continue but he put his hand in mine which he was always taught to do if someone was sad.

"Do you remember when I said that Daddy was at work ?"

He nodded getting more scared.

"Daddy was in a accident and we don't know if Daddy is strong enough to come back to us Leo. The accident was worse than the doctors thought but he is trying to get better but it isn't easy. " I said in tears now.

"So I am going to lose Daddy like he lost pop pop ?" He asked as his eyes glistened now.

"We don't know Leo. Maybe yes but maybe he will come home. We just have to pray." Mary said seeing I wasn't able to speak anymore.

"I don't want to lose Daddy. I don't want him to go. How do we make him come back ?" He said.

"I don't know sweetie. The doctors are trying their best to bring him back. I don't want to lose your Daddy either." I said.

"Can I see him ?" Leo asked.

"Yes you can but Leo it might be a little hard to see daddy the way he is. " I said.

"He makes me better when I am hurt so I need to make him better. " Leo said.

"Okay sweetie. We will see him tomorrow okay ? " I said.

He nodded then looked into my tear filled eyes.

"Mommy I'm scared. " He said as a tear rolled down his face.

I wiped his tear then pulled him in for a hug not knowing what else to do. I haven't found a way to fix the hurt I felt so how did I fix a little boys.

"I'm scared to sweetie but we are going to get through this together. " I said with him still in my arms and more tears fell down my face.

I looked around to see everyone in tears but still here except for Leonard. He wasn't here. I looked at Penny trying to ask her where he was but she shrugged her arms. She looked angry though and sad. I wanted to hug her now. Leo got up and dried his tears giving me a small watery smile. I kissed his forehead then he stood on his feet to look at his friends now. They all got up and walked to him to give him a big hug. It somehow made all of us cry more.

"We are going to help you Leo. " Halley said.

Emma held his hand as they all made their way upstairs now. I was laughing with more tears down my cheek and looked at Mary. She pulled me in so I didn't see her tears.

"You did great Amy. " She said.

Everyone came to give me a hug until I made my way to Penny now and just hugged her. She was taken by surprise but hugged me back.

"Ames you did great. Sheldon would be proud. " She said.

"I don't want to ever do this again in my life. "

"I know. "

"I'm sorry about Leonard. "

"It's okay I should have expected it. " Penny said trying to hide the sadness in her voice.

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond started playing and Howard looked at me now.I laughed as he started to rock out to it entertaining everybody. Rajesh soon joined in with his best friend.

"Come on Amy. This is our song so you better join in. " Howard said.

It didn't take long for the kids to come down to see what was going on while they laughed seeing Rajesh and Howard dancing. They joined in now rocking out to the song.

"Come Mommy. " Leo said looking at me now.

I came and danced with Leo as we all joined in now. This was how we needed to end the night . I loved every single person in this room. How lucky I was to have them.

"Thank you Sheldon. Not only for the best husband and the most perfect children but the best family I could have asked for. " I said softly to myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Leo looked at me now as we arrived outside the hospital room and held out his hand. I held his in mine as we walked in. Leo looked at Sheldon not in shock but he was horrified. I regretted immediately taking him. Maybe I was wrong for letting him see Sheldon.

He looked at me now in panic," daddy is in pain mommy. He is in pain . Make the pain stop please ?" He said in tears now tugging my skirt.

"Leo I'm sure he is just fine. We don't know if he is in pain. " I said and before he could say something else the doctor came in.

Leo hid behind my leg now afraid. The doctor looked at him behind me and gave a smile.

"Good morning to you both. Who is this little guy?" He asked.

"This is Leo." I said with a smile looking at Leo behind my leg

"Hello Leo. " He said with the same smile.

Leo ignored the doctor and looked at me calling for attention," Mommy. Please help daddy. He is in pain. Please. ".

Before I could say anything the doctor was talking again," Leo can I show you something ?"

Leo hesitated then nodded slowly coming away from my leg. The doctor walked further to Sheldon and pointed at something in a bag that went down a tube into Sheldon's arm then he looked at Leo.

"This right here is helping your daddy not feel pain. I know he looks hurt but this here helps the pain. " The doctor said.

"So my Daddy is not hurt?" He asked looking relieved.

"No he isn't hurt. We are taking good care of him. " The doctor said.

Leo hugged the doctor now,"Thank you for trying to fix my daddy. " He said then came back to me.

"Daddy isn't hurt. He is okay" Leo said happily.

" That's good. I'm glad he isn't." I said smiling then looked at the doctor," Thank you doctor. I appreciate this." I said.

"No problem. You have a great kid "

Leo slowly walked to Sheldon now while the doctor and I watched him. He held Sheldon's hand focusing on it like he was studying it then he kissed it.

"It's okay Daddy. It will all be okay. I took the hurt away like you do for me. Please let the doctors fix you okay ?" Leonard said.

I smiled now trying not to cry. I looked at the doctor now with a small smile," He is. I'm incredibly fortunate for him and he is going to be an amazing brother. "

"You are expecting?" The doctor asked now looking at my stomach

"Yes I am so Sheldon chose the best time to be here" I said giving a sad chuckle as I wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry but congratulations. I hope he gets to see him or her. "

"I hope so to. Thank you" I said smiling with the tears still in my eyes.

"It will all be okay. It will work out. " He said lightly touching my arm comforting me with a reassuring smile then continued," I will leave you two to have some time with him. I will check back on him later. " He said leaving now.

Bernadette walked into the room now not saying anything.

"Aunty Bernie. I made daddy better. I made him feel better. " Leo said running to her now.

"How did you do that Leo?" Bernie asked with a smile.

"I kissed it better. The doctor said he isn't in pain. " Leo said.

" Well we are glad about that aren't we. Do you want to get some lunch so your mommy can talk to your daddy? " Bernie asked.

He nodded then went back to Sheldon as I stood by his side now.

"I love you daddy. We are going to talk again soon I promise. Mommy will be here with you. " He said holding Sheldon's hand then hugged me.

"Thank you Mommy. Thank you for letting me see him. "

"Of course sweetie you can see him whenever you like. I will see you at home. Be a good boy for me okay ?"

He nodded and I thanked Bernie for coming then they were both gone. It was just Sheldon and I now.

"Can you believe that's our son Sheldon? He keeps getting more beautiful everyday. Sometimes it is moments like these when the tantrums are worth it." I said smiling now," He misses you,you know that ? I miss you. " I said holding his hand.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Where is Leo? He is supposed to be in bed already?" I asked looking around for him.

"Is he not in bed already ? He said goodnight to us " Missy asked.

"No he isn't. It's okay I will check upstairs. " I said heading up the stairs.

I stopped in my tracks by Mary's bedroom as her door was half way open. There he was with her. They were both on their knees as their elbows rested on her bed and their hands were together near their face. They were both praying for Sheldon. Leo was praying. I watched Mary every now and then look at Leo with this smile. She was proud of him always. My son was praying. I never thought I would ever see that. I smiled at both of them watching them bond in their own way.

I only wish Sheldon could see this. I know he wouldn't exactly be happy about it but the idea that Leo would do anything for Sheldon made me happy but I knew a part of him believed in this. I didn't mind what he believed in as long as he was happy. I felt so proud watching him grow up and constantly wow me. Then we heard a knock on the door and my heart sank having to leave them. I still made my way down the stairs to find Missy open the door and Penny looked at me now making my way down the stairs.

She had a bag in her hand and tears in her eyes. She looked at me now with her eyes filling with more tears.

"Hello Ames. Do you mind if I stay here for the night ?" She asked barely able to keep it together.

"Do you want something to drink? Wine,tea,water ?" Missy asked.

"Tea please. " She said trying to give a smile.

That was odd that she refused wine. She never refused wine. I came down to her giving her a hug.

"Of course Penny. You are always welcome here. What happened ?" I said.

"Leonard and I got into a fight,Ames. It was ugly. I don't know how everything is going to get better. " She said feeling hopeless now.

"Let's get you some tea and take it from there okay?" I said putting her bag down and pulling her with me to the kitchen.

to be continued...
-----------------------------------------------------------

I guess we will see what happens. You will hear from Sheldon next chapter and I hope you liked this chapter. Btw I wanted you guys to remember that Leo is only 4  which is why it was hard to display his reaction to Sheldon. I wanted him to be sad but also struggle to grasp the concept. I hope I portrayed that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 21 13
The moment all our hearts broke will be written from Amy's pov. You get to understand how she was feeling throughout the whole break up, discover mom...
747 105 12
Into a World with Young teenagers and no adults to guide them... How will they live???How Will they face the new threats...?Will they have a team bo...
20.9K 465 17
Disclaimer: I don't not own The big bang theory, the story plot or basically the story in general along with the characters. All rights goes to the r...
37.6K 857 21
what happens when a girl is put in the glade, she has all the boys but she in fact is head over heels for a certain blondie. Her best friend is Ben w...