A week with my first love

By MelonDiaries

UNEDITED. The story revolves around a girl named Melanie and her week with the guy who she has a crush for al... More

First day
Third day
Fourth day
Fifth day
Over the weekend - part 1
Over the weekend - part 2
The last and the first day
Epilogue

Second day

5.4K 190 4
By MelonDiaries

Second day

Today, I woke up with less sleep and a bad bed hair. I started making the draft last night so that I could have something done when Liam comes over. Good thing my alarm was able to wake me up or I'll have to go to school with my hair looking like a haystack. I thank God for making my hair cooperate and it straighten out without a fuss.

I got to school a little earlier than necessary and felt relieved since I didn't cross the witch queen and her minions. So, I got to class earlier and no one was around yet. I glance at my watch, I was 15 minutes early. I got myself comfortable in my seat and took a short nap.

But then, my sleep was disturbed when someone was pocking my arm. I thought it was Eddie and slap the hand away and went back to sleep. Then, the person spoke.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked, sounding worried. This was a voice that I could pin point it in a crowd. I stiffen when I realize what I just did to him.

I didn't look up but answered him anyway. "I'm fine. Go away." I said a little shock with my reply. Did I just ask Liam to go away? I slowly looked up and peek through the thin cover of my hair.

"Okay..." he said. I wasn't sure about my assessment since my hair was blocking my view, but he looks pained and disappointed. With that, I felt a sudden pain in my stomach.

Not wanting to have that as my last image of him, I said, "Good morning," and looked directly at him.

He looked stunned when I said that, but a smile slowly crept to his lip and replied, "Morning to you too." Then, he went to his seat. After that short exchange, people started on get inside the room.

I didn't realize we were alone before he pocked my arm. I felt my face reddening from the thought of it, but snapped out when Eddie waved his hand in front of me.

"Would you stop doing that?" I said, annoyed at my loving friend.

"I will, if you stop spacing out in those fantasies of yours. It's weird and inhuman." He said, taking the seat beside me.

I ignore his comment and focus my attention to the teacher. The discussion finished a little early; thus, the teacher ordered the class to have a self study for the remaining time and then left the room.

"So, I know something happen between you and the prince. Come on, spill it already." Eddie said, the minute the teacher walked out.

I ignored him as I've been ignoring him since he found me and Liam in the classroom together. I always tell Eddie everything, but there is something private about it. Well, in truth, there was nothing private about it, he just asked me to be his partner. I already told him that, but he seems to delude himself that there was something more.

"I already told you, he just asked me to be his partner. That's all." I said, saying it in a way that makes that conversation end. But, Eddie, he isn't that kind of person. If he wants something, he tries hard to get it. But, there was nothing else to give, that was all there is to it.

"Oh. I know there is something more to it. He was standing there, looking at you. Then for the rest of the day, he kept glancing your way. There's got to be something." He said, sounding intrigue.

"He wasn't looking at me." I said stubbornly. He was almost pissing me off. I may love him but a line needs to be drawn.

"Oh. He was darling, he was." He said confidently, and then looked at the other direction where Liam was sitting. I didn't follow his gaze. I wasn't ready to look at him again from what I just did. "He is looking at you now." He added with a giggle.

What? He is looking at me. Wait. He might be lying. Don't look. I said to myself, stiff from what Eddie just said. I let out a breath to relax myself, and put my head in my table.

"Hey. Are you listening to me?" Eddie said, shaking my left arm to get my attention.

I ignored him until the bell rang. I already got my things settled, so I got up and walked out of the room. I could feel Eddie walking beside me, but he wasn't anymore talking to me. So, we walked to out next classes without talking. I knew he was pissed and he can feel that I was too. So, it continued on until it was my next class where he wasn't in it.

"You should go. You're prince is waiting." He said enthusiastically and giggled. I can never stay mad at him, he was too gullible.

"Whatever." I said with a smile, and hugged him. "You know I love you, right?" I added, still hugging him.

He pulled out of the hug and smirked. "How could you not?" he said than we both laughed.

He turned away but gave me an air kiss before he went to his class. I giggled at that, and then turned toward the door that lead to my class. I took a deep breath and walked in. I glanced around, but he wasn't in the room yet. I took the seat in the back of the class then let out a sigh as I sat. I didn't notice that he was standing behind me when I sat down.

"Hey." He said, taking the seat beside me again.

"Hey." I replied. Then, yesterday and this morning's memory came to my mind, so I looked away from him.

After that, the class started. I was grateful that the teacher was introducing the class to a new topic. I wasn't prepared to have another conversation with him. But, my luck would have to die out. The project was due less than a week. The teacher was bound to give us a few minutes to discuss it with our partner.

"So, what do you have in mind? Because, I've got nothing." He said, after the teacher gave the go sign.

"I already have something in mind, if you're okay with it. I chose PRIDE AND PREJUDICE BY JANE AUSTEN. If you have another thing in mind, I'm fine with it." I replied, seemingly indifferent with it, and not look at him directly in the eye. That would ruin my train of thought. I don't want him to think I'm stupid.

"That's sounds like a plan. Sure, let's do that." He said with a smile.

"Okay." I agreed, giving a smile in return. "Well. I've already have things in mind." I said truthfully while pulling out the draft I made last night.

"Oh. Wow, you already started. I feel like a slacker. I haven't done a thing at all." He said, as I was pulling the draft neatly in my table.

"No... I ... Well; I already read and watch it many times. So, this is nothing. And, it's my favorite Jane Austen work." I said, mumbling to myself. Then, somehow, I end up looking at him straight in the eyes.

"You like Jane Austen, huh?" he said with a smirk. His eyes was twinkling as his lips twitched to fight a smile.

I look away from him. Oh my gosh, damn it. He looks sexy when he is trying to fight a smile. I thought to myself as I try to catch a breath. I almost chocked with air.

"Can I see the draft?" he asked after a few moments, his hand reaching out towards me.

"Sure." I replied, and hand him the papers. I didn't look up this time.

Then, there was silence between us. He read my draft thoroughly and didn't ask any question. The whole time he was reading, I was doodling in my notebook not wanting to look at him. I was nervous of what he thinks about my work. Before the bell rang, he returned my papers.

"That was such a thorough, insightful, and educational work. Are you sure that's just a draft? We could pass it now and we could get an A, no doubt." He said with such praise.

"You're just saying that." I said. He should be since I'm his ticket to ace this class. Well, one of his ticket. He just needs me for what I know. And, this is a field I know best.

"No, I'm not. I've read some of your articles and short stories in the school paper. They're praise worthy." He said, his voice sounding like a proud parent.

That was when I looked back directly at him. He looked at me like I was a genius or someone famous. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression.

"Why are you laughing? Do you think I'm sucking up?" he said, a little irritated.

"You looked weird just now. And, yes. I think you are sucking up. Don't worry, I'll double ace it. You'll pass this class without a hitch." I said, laughing at how carefree I felt at the moment.

Then, the bell rang ruining the moment. I snapped out of it and went back to reality. I packed my things as fast as I could, and head for the door. But, before I was out of the door, a hand held me back. I staggered and turn around angrily. Then, I controlled my facial expression when I saw who it was.

"Wait... Do you want to go to the cafeteria together?" he asked; his face looking hopeful about something.

"No. I'm fine." I said as I slowly pulled my arm away from his hold. "I'll see you later." I added, as I slowly walked away backwards.

I didn't wait for his replay and just continued walking towards the direction to Eddie's class. I kept my head down when I bumped into someone. Then, two hands were holding my shoulder settling me in place. I looked up, a little startled. It was Eddie.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked, looking worried.

"Yeah. Ready to get some lunch?" I said, trying to block my thoughts from what just happen.

"Spill. I know something is up." He said, looking serious.

"I don't want to talk about it. I'm actually trying not to think about it... let's just go please." I said, exasperated. I felt drain for a moment. What was happening to me?

For the rest of the day, my mindset wasn't in the real world. I was in my bubble of make belief and fantasy. Well, in truth, I was just repeating everything that happens between me and Liam. Why did he ask me to walk with him? Why was he nice to me? And, was he telling the truth about reading my work? My mind was starting to spin. I went to the library after class with a need for peace. I sat at a table where the librarian couldn't catch me sleeping. I doze off as sleep finally caught up with me. Then, I was disturbed when someone shook me.

"Excuse me. You can't sleep here. And, we are about to close." A student who was on duty said to me.

"Yea. Sorry." I replied, my voice a little horse from sleep.

"Don't worry. I sleep here sometimes." The student said with a giggle.

I got my things and head out. It was already late and the sun had set. As I was on my usual walk home, my thoughts were still on about Liam and our conversations. I couldn't truly grasp on what was happening to me. But, I know I shouldn't think more about it. This wasn't going to last long. My thoughts were disturbed when a car slowly stop beside me. There was a short moment when I thought that someone was going to kidnap and rape me. I'm sorry for the weird thoughts. My brother is obsessed with CSI and watches it every time.

Then, the side window facing me rolled down, and Liam's head leaned towards me.

"Hey. Need a ride?" he asked with a smile.

"No. I'm fine." I replied, and then started to walk away. I wasn't prepared to be in a close confined space with Liam Summers.

"Come on, Melanie. I'm heading to your place, remember?" he shouted, as he drove slowly following behind me.

I stopped and close my eyes. I forgot about him coming over. I cursed under my breath, and then slowly walked towards his car. I didn't say anything or looked towards him as I got in to his car. I heard him chuckled under his breath but that wouldn't be enough for me to look at him.

The drive to my house was mostly silent except those rare times that he asks for directions. I could almost felt the tension inside that car that it was making my stomach sick. Finally, we reach my house. The moment he parks the car, I got out as fast as I could. I walked towards the house without looking at him. He just silently walked behind me without saying a thing.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I opened the door and walked in the threshold. I didn't close it since I know Liam was a few paces behind. I turned around, not looking at him, and gestured a hand inside. "Come in." I added.

He walked passed me, sending a breeze in my direction. I stiffen as I smelled his sweet, woodsy smell. It was intoxicating. I close my eyes, and catch a breath as I was closing the door behind him. I didn't realize that he stopped walking and was standing behind me when I turned around. I was startled as my gaze led to him face. He looked smug.

"What?" I asked, a little irritated that he was staring at me.

"Nothing." He answered with a rough chuckle. He gestured a hand towards the living room with a smile. "Lead the way." He added.

I walked pass him, holding my breath so that I couldn't smell his intoxicating scent. Yet, I walked close enough that I could feel the heat radiating from him that would surely kill me inside. But, since I was still standing and walking, it meant that it wasn't enough. I lead him to the kitchen where I heard someone rummaging. I saw my mom and got to her, giving her a kiss in the cheek.

"Hi, honey." She said, hugging me with just one arm while holding a bowl of salad on the other. She gasped as she saw Liam entering the room. "Who is this fine young man?" she said with a slight lust in her eyes.

I can't say I can blame her. Liam Summers was a force to be reckoned with. "He's my classmate. We are doing a class project. Can he stay for dinner?" I said, a little shyly.

"What's you name young man?" my mom asked, her attention still on him.

"Liam Summers, ma'am. Nice to meet you." He answered with a smile as he reach a hand towards her.

My mom grabs and shook it. "Very nice meeting you too." She said and smiled in return. "You take care of my baby girl now." She added a little seriously.

"Mom, I'm not dating the guy." I said a little irritated.

"I know." She said to me then winked. "You kids go somewhere else to play. I'll call when diner is ready." She added then walked towards the counter near the stove.

My eyes almost bulged out of my eyes and my mouth popped open. It took me a while to control my expression but I collected myself then faced Liam with an irritated expression on my face.

"So, where do you want to do this?" he asked while his lips twitched, trying to fight a smile.

"Let go upstairs to my room." I answered a little angrily then walked pass him.

For the rest of the night, my approached towards him was all business. Only those rare times when our eyes meet that a weird silence unfolds and my stomach starts to knot. And, every time it happens, I break it with a question about our work. I was almost falling to cloud nine. This is not a situation I'm willing to be in. I was saved when my mother called for diner. That was a different story. My mother kept on asking Liam about his school or football or his friends. The worst part of it was when she actually dared to asked him about the girls he dated. Then, I have to cut the conversation. I gave him a 'sorry' glance, but he looked amused. When the night actually ended and he needed to go, I felt more relieve like someone pulled out a bad tooth in my mouth.

"I'm sorry about my mother. She's just..." I said, trailing the thought off with a laugh.

"It's okay. She didn't mean a thing about it. She's cool." He said and laugh along with me.

"uhm..." I said, not knowing what to say next.

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun." He said walking backwards while still looking at me.

"It was nothing. Have a safe trip." I said with a soft smile.

He walked towards his car but paused before he got in. "Good night and sweet dreams, Melanie." He said with a huge, sparkling smile, then got in and started the car.

He was backing away the drive before I could process it. "Good Night, Liam." I said in a whisper as his car disappeared in the night.

I stood outside the house for a while seeing nothing but a memory of Liam with a smile.

----

Sorry for the late update.

and, thank you for those first 30 reads i have.. and the one vote.

thank you and enjoy!

--MelonDiaries--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313 0 28
A friendship of a boy and a girl soon turns into a distant memory. The girl happened to lose her memory reconciles with his long lost best friend, bu...
2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.
Sweet Tears By Lily_V

General Fiction

76 2 14
This is a story that everyone never imagined to happen. The story line couldn't be expected. A story of a girl with her friendship and family, everyt...
467 6 30
it's a fictional story about a girl and her high school sweetheart who turned into a completely different person after their breakup.. ten years lat...