Over the weekend - part 1

I woke up that morning with puffy eyes and a messy hair. I felt light headed with all the tears that I've cried, and I was drained with every bit of anything positive about me. I was bitter with everything that life has to offer. I was a coward.

I stayed locked up in my room for most of the morning. My mom brought me breakfast to my room, since I haven't moved an inch to where I was. She knocked before she entered not wanting to intrude my privacy. I went under the covers as she walked in. I didn't want her to see me this broken.

"Sweetheart, eat something. I bought you your favorite breakfast. Scrambled eggs and toast." She said calmly as she entered.

"Just put them in the table. I'll get to them later." I answered; my voice horse. I didn't want her to worry that I was almost unresponsive. She might think I was mentally affected. It was only my heart that got broken here.

"Okay." She answered after a little pause. I could imagine her looking worried at me right now.

I sighed as I heard the door close as she walked out. For a few minutes, I tried to ignore the food, I closed my eyes waiting for sleep to get me, but the smell was killing me. I got up and went to the tray of food. I consume it all within minutes. I only realize I was so hungry when I took the first bite of eggs. I gulped done the orange juice, a little annoyed that my stomach wasn't contented with it. I stared at the tray, debating whether to go down and get another round of juice or just stay locked up. I gave up, and got the tray.

When I got down, after I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and changed in to fresh clothes, the door bell rang. I didn't answer it since I had my hands full. So, I let it ring. I went to the kitchen, hoping to see my mom, but she wasn't there.

"Mom!" I called. For I minute, I waited for her to reply but there was only silence. The door bell stopped ringing. "Mom!" I yelled this time. Then, the door bell rang again.

I went to the living room calling her, and the door bell kept ringing. I heard a voice for the other side of the door, but couldn't quite get the words it was saying. Then, I saw a note in the mirror by the hallway leading to the main door. I grabbed it.

It says: OUT FOR GROCERIES. I HOPE THAT YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING AND WON'T READ THIS. IF YOU DID, I'LL BE BACK IN A FEW MINUTES. LOVE YOU, MOM.

Wow. I have the house to myself. I said to myself, a little smug. Bradley was supposed to be at a job interview for the morning and be back late in the afternoon. Then, my thoughts stopped as I reached by the door.

"Hello. I know someone is in the house since I heard someone yell. Melanie? Please open the door. We need to talk." The person on the other side of the door said. I stiffen from its familiarity.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked. Why is he here? I'm not prepared to see him. I'm going to choke. I was panicking inside.

"I came here to talk to you. Please Melanie..." he said, begging.

I don't know what to do. He caught me off guard. I wasn't in the slightest bit prepared to face him. I've already planned my way of ignoring him since graduation is near. I was numb.

I don't how long I was stuck and stood there, but it was long enough that my mother opened the door.

"Liam, what are you doing standing over there? Come..." she said, and opened the door, She stopped on her tracks when she saw me there, standing in front of the door.

I don't know what I look, but it was bad enough that they both winced as they look at me. I wanted to laugh at their reaction, it was priceless.

"Oh. Come on. I don't look that bad..." I said, faking hurt. Though I was not emotionally well, still I have enough strength to make a joke about it.