Second day

Second day

Today, I woke up with less sleep and a bad bed hair. I started making the draft last night so that I could have something done when Liam comes over. Good thing my alarm was able to wake me up or I'll have to go to school with my hair looking like a haystack. I thank God for making my hair cooperate and it straighten out without a fuss.

I got to school a little earlier than necessary and felt relieved since I didn't cross the witch queen and her minions. So, I got to class earlier and no one was around yet. I glance at my watch, I was 15 minutes early. I got myself comfortable in my seat and took a short nap.

But then, my sleep was disturbed when someone was pocking my arm. I thought it was Eddie and slap the hand away and went back to sleep. Then, the person spoke.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked, sounding worried. This was a voice that I could pin point it in a crowd. I stiffen when I realize what I just did to him.

I didn't look up but answered him anyway. "I'm fine. Go away." I said a little shock with my reply. Did I just ask Liam to go away? I slowly looked up and peek through the thin cover of my hair.

"Okay..." he said. I wasn't sure about my assessment since my hair was blocking my view, but he looks pained and disappointed. With that, I felt a sudden pain in my stomach.

Not wanting to have that as my last image of him, I said, "Good morning," and looked directly at him.

He looked stunned when I said that, but a smile slowly crept to his lip and replied, "Morning to you too." Then, he went to his seat. After that short exchange, people started on get inside the room.

I didn't realize we were alone before he pocked my arm. I felt my face reddening from the thought of it, but snapped out when Eddie waved his hand in front of me.

"Would you stop doing that?" I said, annoyed at my loving friend.

"I will, if you stop spacing out in those fantasies of yours. It's weird and inhuman." He said, taking the seat beside me.

I ignore his comment and focus my attention to the teacher. The discussion finished a little early; thus, the teacher ordered the class to have a self study for the remaining time and then left the room.

"So, I know something happen between you and the prince. Come on, spill it already." Eddie said, the minute the teacher walked out.

I ignored him as I've been ignoring him since he found me and Liam in the classroom together. I always tell Eddie everything, but there is something private about it. Well, in truth, there was nothing private about it, he just asked me to be his partner. I already told him that, but he seems to delude himself that there was something more.

"I already told you, he just asked me to be his partner. That's all." I said, saying it in a way that makes that conversation end. But, Eddie, he isn't that kind of person. If he wants something, he tries hard to get it. But, there was nothing else to give, that was all there is to it.

"Oh. I know there is something more to it. He was standing there, looking at you. Then for the rest of the day, he kept glancing your way. There's got to be something." He said, sounding intrigue.

"He wasn't looking at me." I said stubbornly. He was almost pissing me off. I may love him but a line needs to be drawn.

"Oh. He was darling, he was." He said confidently, and then looked at the other direction where Liam was sitting. I didn't follow his gaze. I wasn't ready to look at him again from what I just did. "He is looking at you now." He added with a giggle.

What? He is looking at me. Wait. He might be lying. Don't look. I said to myself, stiff from what Eddie just said. I let out a breath to relax myself, and put my head in my table.