𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐚...

By infusionate

*First Book of the Method Trilogy* Tom knows organised Crime rings are the true leaders of this country, not... More

1 | From Flames to Ashes
2 | How Do You Plead?
3 | Making Good Connections
4 | You Know What? Fuck Ikea
5 | Improve Your Chalk Drawings
6 | Late Night Baking
7 | For The Sake Of Poisoning Me
8 | You're Covered In Flour
9 | We Have a Hostage Situation
10 | Regretting Your Decision
11 | Tea Makes Your Heart Warmer
12 | There's an Intruder In Your House
13 | Corruption Pays the Bills
14 | We Don't Have to Leave
15 | Take Away One of Your Senses
16 | Fighting For What Is Mine
17 | She Must Be a Keeper
18 | Sharing Isn't Always Caring
19 | Playing Nurse and Patient
20 | First Day Nerves
21 | A Form of Stress Relief
22 | That Wasn't Part of the Plan
24 | Knocking On My Door
25 | Still In My Pocket
26 | More Comfortable Around You
27 | A Promise of Open Communication
28 | Christmas In October
29 | Must Be Imagining Things
30 | The Highlight of the Night
31 | Aim Right Between the Eyes
32 | You and Me, Together
33 | Promises You Can't Keep
34 | Outnumbered and Outlived
35 | Promotion of a Lifestyle Change
36 | Cut the Bullshit, Be Honest
37 | Bring You In, Take You Out
38 | Promise Me Or I'll Leave You
39 | No Means No, Thomas
40 | The Real Plan All Along
41 | Hook, Line and Sinker
42 | This Is Really Not a Good Time
43 | A Different Hero In This Story
44 | Drowning Out the Voices
45 | Let Him Watch Over and Protect Us

23 | Missed Call, Missed Opportunities

3K 96 131
By infusionate

TOM
You are incredible darling

TOM
I literally cannot thank you
enough for what you've done

TOM
When do you think you'll
be home tonight?

Y/N
I'm finishing up at the court
house now, should be home in
about an hour or so x

TOM
I'll order Chinese to arrive
when you get in x

Mum went to the prison to sign Dad out with his lawyers straight after the court hearing. Harry and Sam drove Paddy back to the family home to meet everyone back there and they're going to FaceTime me any minute when Mum brings Dad back.

I would have gone to see him tonight but technically my Witness Protection will end after the feds wrap up all my paperwork. I'm dying to go back to my place again, to be in my own bed again and dress the same as I used to. I mean, I haven't changed myself that much during WITSEC but I've definitely bought a few knit sweaters and converse to fit in with these suburban schmucks.

I will be keeping them though.
I have shamelessly enjoyed knit sweaters these past few months and Y/N says I look cute in them.

Mum's FaceTime call chimes through and I set up my laptop in the living room so I can see them on the television but the camera on my laptop films me.

"He's home!" Mum squeals, wrapping her arms around Dad on the couch with Paddy and Sam sitting on the floor in front of them and Harry next to Dad.

"God, the house they have put you in is absolutely tiny," Dad scoffs, leaning forward into the camera to inspect the environment I'm in.

"Nice to see you too Dad, glad you're out of jail," I laugh, looking around my living room and shrugging at the size of it. It's definitely smaller than what we are all used to, but it's cozy.

"We're so happy we can do this call now Tommy, we've all missed you and your Dad so much. Not long now until you can return to your real life too hm? Any day now?" Mum smiles, tapping her hand against Dads thigh in excitement.

"So who's the girl?" Dad scoffs, knowing me all too well that nobody in their right mind would have the courage to bail him out of jail and substitute him for Uncle Jack.

"What girl?" I shrugged.

"The girl in the psych team who kept looking at you today. I'm not an idiot Thomas, how much did you pay her to bail me out?" Dad pressed, squinting into the camera.

"Nothing, she's uh, she's a personal friend... From WITSEC actually..." I smiled, Paddy giggling and muttering something to Sam next to him.

"Oi, don't talk shit about me just cos I'm not there to fucking hit you," I threaten, causing Mum to frown at me and tell me to be nice to my youngest brother.

"I did some digging in the car home. Turns out she bailed out a few of my guys... You telling me this woman did this all for free? What's in it for her huh? You run a background check on her? She trying to bribe us with owing her favours?" Dad said scrutinisingly, not trusting her.

"No Dad, listen to me. I uh, she lives with me at the moment. Let me just leave it at that," I said widening my eyes and looking at him as he finally understood what I was hinting towards.

"Wait, what girl are we talking about? I don't remember seeing anyone in court staring at Tom. Is she hot?" Harry asked disappointedly.

"Yes, now shut up," I sighed.

"You really trust her?" Dad asked again. I nodded.

"Then The Family will protect her alright? That's her payment, if she won't take money we will make sure she is always looked after," Dad smiled, nodding at my choice in woman as well as the favour he had offered.

This usually happened with Mafia families,they relied heavily on trust and favours. If someone helped you out massively like this, you owe them one. I excused myself from the call to answer the door for the Chinese delivery, noticing that Y/N was late from work and flicking her another text.

TOM
You on your way home?

"So this new girlfriend of yours... You going to bring her home and introduce us all?" Sam asked, holding back a smile knowing I hated talking about my love life with my family. Especially Mum. Mum has always hated any girl I brought home.

"Actually yeah, I was thinking I would once I get out of this place... She left Witness Protection like two or three weeks ago but she's living here until she finds a new place to buy in the city... But I think you guys would like her. She almost killed Haz the first time they met," I laughed, prompting Mum to frown and the men in our family to laugh.

"Please tell us this story," Sam laughed, eager to hear more about Y/N as I rarely talked about girls to them.

"Well Haz, the fucking asshole, broke into her house to scope her out. Turns out she noticed and when she was at my place and saw him, she thought he was an intruder and hurled a knife across the kitchen at him. It literally got stuck in the wall... Wait I'll show you," I laughed, picking up the laptop and carrying it to the kitchen.

"See the hole here? It's like a perfect slit where the knife was sticking out. But yeah, I thought she was a narc and eventually we figure out who each other were and uh, yeah it's been smooth sailing since then," I shrug, taking the laptop back to the couch and deciding to start eating the room temperature food.

Turns out Y/N must be late. She hasn't responded to my last text message, she hasn't even read it. I cover my mouth as I eat a dumpling, listening to Dad's stories about jail which is both equally terrifying and intriguing. I call Y/N, but it goes straight to voicemail.

He talked for ages before I noticed the time eventually, more than two hours had gone past from when Y/N said she would anticipate to be home. Is she okay? Is she safe? She just got Uncle Jack sentenced to jail, maybe she's in danger?

I'm bouncing my leg nervously, trying to listen to Dads story and not worry about where Y/N is. I try calling her again; straight to voicemail.

Eventually Mum tells us all we need to rest up and that today was a big day; I agree, it was a big day and I'm fucking exhausted. I promise that as soon as I'm allowed home I'll visit them and we all hang up.

It's been four hours since Y/N was supposed to be home. The Chinese food is in the fridge untouched and waiting for her to get home like I am. I'm in bed but I can't fall asleep before she gets home, I need to know she is safe.

Embarrassingly I wake up and sit up with a jolt, not knowing how long I've been out and scolding myself for falling asleep before Y/N got home.

But next to me is Y/N, in one of my t-shirts and no pants like usual. She sits up and puts her arms around me, asking me if I had a nightmare and if I'm okay.

"Y-you're home? How long have I been asleep?" I ask, lying back down in bed and rolling over to face her.

"I got home like an hour ago, it's midnight," she whispered, brushing her fingers through my hair soothingly.

"You were late, I got so worried that something had happened to you darling... But I fell asleep I'm sorry," I said gently.

"Don't apologise, you look exhausted. I had to finalise all this tedious paperwork to keep Jack in prison until his trial... You happy with today's result?" She whispered, smiling softly at me.

"You're fucking incredible," I whispered, leaning in to kiss her a few times before smiling.

"I want you to meet them... My family I mean. I think you should meet the guy you risked everything for," I said pulling her closer against me, her head resting on my chest.

"Anything for you Tom, I know how much he means to you... And Jack tried to kill him so fuck that guy," she chuckled, nuzzling her head against me and yawning.

"What are we going to do this weekend hm?" She said quietly, becoming more and more tired by the second.

"You're going to rest. You've been working non-stop for days on end for this case, you need a sleep in for once. But I was thinking maybe I could take you out to this place my brothers and I go to... And I can guarantee you that no other man would have taken you there on a normal date. But I think it'll be fun," I smile, kissing the top of her head as she nodded and drifted back to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4K 42
↳𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 is just as presumptuous as her father, and nothing will ever stop her from proving to him that she is worthy of being an avenger; u...
369K 8.1K 42
Y/n has a difficult past that she managed to escape but it all came crumbling down when she bumbs into Tom Holland, a sadistic mafia leader, at a clu...
86.4K 3.6K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...
75.8K 2.6K 45
**𝘚𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴** After Tom rises to power within the mafia world, his list of enemies grows exponentiall...