We're Having Our Baby

By harrysxfinelines

It's none of their business.... Harry and Emma have been together for 3.5 years when they find out she's preg... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Charlie Robin Styles
New Story!

Forty Two

1.6K 39 14
By harrysxfinelines

Harry's P.O.V.        May 22nd, Charlie 5 ½ months

I passed the man again while I was on my run this morning. At first, I saw him pass by once or twice a week. Then it became three or four. Now, even if it's not directly in front of our house, I see him somewhere in the neighborhood every day. He used to smile and wave at me, I'd do the same back and sometimes ask how his day was going, but now he avoids eye contact at all costs and moves around very frantically.

I'm starting to agree with Em that this situation is not safe. If it was just me living here, I don't think I'd pay as much attention, but because of Em and especially Charlie, I'm worried.

"Good morning," I walk into the house after my run and hear the buzzing of the blender.

I go up to Em for a morning kiss, but she shoos me away saying, "You can have all the kisses you want after you've showered."

I quickly run upstairs for a shower and when I come back down, a smoothie is waiting for me on the counter and Em is in the living room with Charlie.

"Can I have my kiss now?" I bend over the back of the couch and pucker my lips.

"Yes," Em turns her head and smiles, pressing a loving kiss to my lips.

"What should we do today?" Em asks as I walk around the couch to take a seat on the cushion next to her but I pull her close to me so that she's practically on my lap.

I wrap my arms around her and poke Charlie's chubby cheeks while making funny faces until she smiles.

"Aren't the boys on summer break now?" I ask, still entertaining my daughter, but am interrupted by my phone ringing.

"It's Niall!" I smile, immediately answering the phone.

"Hey mate!"

"Harold! How are ya?" his accent rings through the phone loudly, making me pull it away from my ear so I put him on speaker.

"I'm doing great, what are you up to?"

"I don't know if you heard or not, but I have a new album out." I laugh, not surprised at all by his coyness.

"Yes, I am aware. I called to congratulate you, remember?"

"Haha. I do remember, thank you. Anyways, I know it's last minute, but I have a show tonight. I'd love for you and Emma to come. It'd be great to see you both," he offers, and when I look to Em she's nodding yes.

"We'd love to come. Are you at The Forum?"

"Yeah, The Forum. I won't be able to catch ya before the show so come backstage afterwards."

Not wanting to keep Niall too long, we work out the details for tonight and then I let him go so we can catch up later.

I get an idea while Em and I discuss who we should ask to watch Charlie tonight. I'd love for Niall to meet her, but a concert just isn't the right place.

"What about Jared?" I ask Em.

"We'll be out late. I don't know how that would work out with the boys," she says.

"What if they came with us?" I can't contain my smile thinking about taking the boys to their first concert and meeting Niall.

"Harry," Em sighs but I stop her before she can lecture me.

"Come on, I'm sure Jamie at least knows who he is. This will be fun! They've never been to a concert before, and perhaps by meeting Niall they'll be convinced to listen to the band."

"I guess it doesn't hurt to ask," she gives in and opens her phone to call Jared.

Jared is shocked that we'd want to take the boys, but he also thinks they'll enjoy the show, and he agrees to watch Charlie.

They're here by 6pm so we can explain Charlie's nighttime routine even though she'll be asleep fairly soon anyway, and luckily the boys had dinner before they came so we can get right to the venue.

"So boys, do you remember who Niall is?" I ask them, glancing to the rearview mirror to see them.

"He sings that nice to meet you song!" Mason says with a smile, proud of himself for knowing something music related.

"No Mason, that's not what he meant," Jamie says quietly to his brother.

"What did he mean? Because I know I was right. I was right, right?"

"Yes, Mason," Jamie sighs and I notice him roll his eyes when he looks away from Mason.

"Niall was in One Direction," Jamie says, very cocky like he knows everything there is to know about music.

"That's correct," Em and I hide our laughter at the situation.

I play some of his songs on the car ride to the venue, and we get there right on time. I park in the underground garage so we can enter through backstage and be escorted to our "VIP" seats.

I feel Jamie squeeze my hand that he's been holding as we walk through the venue.

"Are you okay?" I look down at Jamie as I pull him along to our seats.

"There are a lot of people here," he winces.

Shit, I should have thought about that.

"I'm sorry buddy," Jamie climbs onto my lap instead of his seat between Mason and I. "What can I do to help?"

"Um," his eyes dart around for a few seconds.

"Would it help if I got you some headphones to wear? They'll block out some of the sound, so you'll still be able to hear but the crowd will be quieter," I ask him, and he nods.

"Okay, stay here with Aunt Emma and Mason. I'll be right back," I set Jamie in his seat and tell Em where I'm going.

When I get back, Jamie is sat on Em's lap and the opening act is about to start. I got two pairs of headphones in case Mason wanted one, but he seems fine without. I feel bad that I didn't prepare better. I hope Jamie can still enjoy the concert.

"Hey, Jamie. I got the headphones. Mason, do you want to use them too? It will make everything quieter, so your ears don't hurt," I explain and help Jamie put the headphones on.

"No, I like it loud!" he yells with a huge grin across his face.

"Okay," I chuckle, "They're here if you want them."

"Woah!" Mason's jaw drops at the sound of the opener's impressive guitar riff. "I want to learn how to do that! Uncle Harry, will you teach me? Please? I want to do music things like you and Jamie."

"You do? I can teach you when your hands get bigger, and if you guys like this show I'll take you to more," I tell him and I see Em side eye me. I've really been trying to cut back on spending money on the boys, it's just so hard not to. I love giving gifts so when I see something like a super cool Lego set at the store that I know they would love, Em has to talk me out of getting it because "gifts like that are for special occasions." I don't think a few concerts is bad though. It's an experience that could open up a new interest, not a toy they'll grow sick of after two weeks.

"Shhh, it's starting!" Jamie yells because he can't hear how loud he's speaking.

Jamie flinches a little when the crowd screams because they see Niall, and I even notice Mason secretly covering his ears too. Other than that though, they seem to have a lot of fun. They sing along to some of the words they know, and they clap after every song.

"Do you want to go backstage and meet him?" Em asks Mason and Jamie who's taking his headphones off since most of the audience has left.

"Can we?" Mason gasps while Jamie yawns.

"Yeah, he invited us," she tells him.

"I'm tired," Jamie sighs, "can someone carry me?"

"I'll carry you, buddy," I pick up a sleepy Jamie and he wraps his arms around my neck, laying his head on my shoulder.

Mason holds Em's hand and the four of us make our way backstage to the dressing room. Em knocks and the door flies open, startling both boys a bit.

"I'm so glad you could make it! Come in!" Niall steps aside from the doorway.

"It's been so long, how have you been?" Em and Niall start catching up as I take a seat on the couch with Jamie. Mason wanders around a bit but Jamie just clings to me.

"How are you feeling?" I whisper to Jamie.

"Um," he hesitates to speak. I've noticed that when he gets overwhelmed, he has a hard time putting words to his emotions.

"You don't have to talk to him if you don't want," I whisper, and relief washes over him so he can go back to peacefully laying on my shoulder.

"So, Harold, who'd you bring with you?" Niall and Em make their way over to the seats near Jamie and I. When Mason see's us all on the couch, he scurries over to sit between Em and I, Niall sitting to my right.

"These are my nephews—Mason," I use my one free hand to gesture to the giddy boy practically bouncing in his seat, "And Jamie. Jamie's a bit tired but he really enjoyed the show."

"I'm Mason!" he smiles wide, "You were really cool, and Uncle Harry was right when he said you were funny," Mason laughs to himself.

"Thank you!" Niall laughs back, "What was your favorite part?"

"That girl at the beginning was REALLY awesome when she played the guitar, but my favorite songs are Nice To Meet Ya and uh... What's it called again Uncle Harry?"

"No Judgement," I whisper in his ear.

"No Judgement! I like that one too."

"I happen to like those songs as well," Niall says like a smartass, and it makes Mason laugh again.

"I thought you had blonde hair," Mason states more like a question.

"I did, yeah. That was a while ago—before you were born probably."

"He had blonde hair in One Direction," Em tells Mason who finally puts it all together and remembers.

"Oh, yeah! I don't really like One Direction," he giggles, and I do too. Not because I think disliking One Direction is funny, it's Niall's genuinely hurt expression that gets me.

"You're lying!" He says, "Didn't you say you liked the show?"

"Yes," Mason nods.

"Did you like the entire show?"

"Yes," he nods again.

"Then you like One Direction! I played Fool's Gold, that's a One Direction song," Niall thinks he got Mason, but either Mason is really good at messing with people, or he just has terrible music taste.

"Actually, that was my least favorite part," Mason giggles through his words so much it's almost hard to understand him.

"Harry, how do you put up with this?!?" Niall throws his arms in the air.

"I don't know, mate. But they do like my music a lot, so it sort of makes up for it," I smirk.

"Of course, they do," he rolls his eyes.

"Sorry to cut this short, but I think it's time we get going," I tell everyone because Jamie fell asleep on me, and my arm is getting tired of propping him up.

"Yeah, we've got to get these guys home," Em says, "How long are you in LA? You should come over."

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Niall frowns, "We should get together though. Maybe convince the rest of the boys to join us, too."

"We've been trying!" I exclaim, careful not to wake Jamie though. "Everyone's always busy."

"I know, I know. I'll see what I can do. You guys have a good night," he ruffles Masons hair, making the kid blush. "I'm really glad you came by."

Em hugs Niall goodbye and then she carefully takes Jamie from my arms so I can do the same. By the time we get back to the car, I'm starting to feel like Jamie. Between going into the studio more and being with Charlie, I haven't been up this late without a nap in a while. I'm exhausted.

I thought Mason was asleep in the backseat too, so it startles me when he starts speaking as I pull up to our house.

"Why is there a man sitting on the ground?" he questions, and I slow the car to look into the bushes Mason points to by our fence.

"He's probably out for a late-night walk and got tired," I make up a quick lie.

Without another word, I park in the garage and Em works on getting the boys out of our car and into Jared's.

Once they've left and while Em checks on Charlie, I sneak outside to see what this guy is up to. I'm not sure how to approach the situation, because he might be in need of food or shelter, but he also could just be a creep.

I'm about to ask the man if he's okay but as I open my mouth to speak, he stands up and begins walking away. I don't want to bother him, so I go back inside and once I'm there, I look to make sure he's gone, which he is.

"Were you just outside?" Em asks as she walks down the stairs, and we meet in the foyer.

"Yes, but everything's okay," I tell her, not wanting her to worry when nothing even happened.

"Baby," her shoulders slump, "I don't want you getting into trouble. If you think we need to do something about him, we'll call the police, but I don't want you putting yourself in danger."

"Em, I wouldn't go out there if I thought it was a bad idea," I tell her, reaching out to hold her arms and she does the same.

"I know, but sometimes I think you try to fix things you aren't able to fix," Em looks concerned as she looks into my eyes to make her point, but brushes some of my hair away from my face to ease the blow.

"Honestly, I don't want you taking Charlie out for walks in the neighborhood anymore. Not for now at least," I whisper and rest my forehead against hers.

"Okay," she nods slightly, "I agree."

I lean in further to kiss Em sweetly and whisper back, "I love you, Emmy. I know I can't fix everything, but I'm going to do everything I can so that we can fix things."

"I love you too, let's get to bed now."

*

*

*

A/N: hello hello hello!!!

First of all, for those wanting to know when the story will be coming to an "end," there are about 4-6 chapters left (I haven't decided yet askdfh). I will let you know when it gets down to the last two or so.

BUT!!!! The last chapter of this book will not be the end of Charlie's story : ) I am SO FUCKING EXCITED for the second book, and I think you all will like it too. I don't want to give anything away yet, but know that I have A LOT planned for Charlie and her family... which might consist of a sibling or a few... you'll have to wait to see : ) sorry not sorry.

Thank you thank you thank you again for all of you who have read and stuck with me so far. It makes me so happy that people are interested in this story that I randomly had an idea for one night in my dorm room haha.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 162 30
Y/n and Harry have a big year coming up. Solo career? A movie? This was just the beginning.
33.5K 557 30
Welcome to the continuation of We're Having Our Baby! If you haven't read the first book, it's not necessary to understand the plot of this one, but...
7.2K 174 26
Follow Y/n, Harry and Darcy throughout a new pregnancy!
310K 8.3K 54
(Completed.) Seeing Harry on stage is always an overwhelming experience. He becomes a new person, like he lives just to be in front of thousands peo...