Montgomery | The Society

By aviannna

The Montgomery siblings have always had each other no matter what. Living on their own was their thing , the... More

C H A R A C T E R S
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N

E L E VE N

773 24 13
By aviannna

Prom was supposed to be fun, and at first it was. Finch arrived earlier than expected due to his fight with Juno. The dance floor was full despite the early hour. He walked over to the bar where Grizz stood.

"Hey." Finch nodded.

"Where's Juno?" Grizz asked.

"Home," he simply put it. "I think I... I made her mad. She yelled at me."

"Shit, I didn't even know Juno was capable of yelling."

"I didn't either."

Grizz pouring him a cup handing it to him. "You need a break from trying to be the parent."

"I shouldn't-"

"Finch, just take it. You need it."

Finch nodded before taking it. His first sip of alcohol tasted like battery acid on crack. His second sip tasted better more like battery acid without the crack. Something he swore he'd never do, drink. He didn't want to become like his mom. He didn't want to be an addict or another statistic. But he felt guilty for hurting Juno.

"Finch?" Grizz asked as he watched him stare into his cup. Grizz took the cup from him making Finch snap out of his trance.

"Sorry, just..."

"Worried?"

Finch nodded. "Yeah, worried."

"I'm sure Juno will get over whatever happened between you two."

"I hope so."

As the night went on the flashing lights became brighter and the music louder. Juno had convinced herself she'd have fun despite her earlier encounter. Besides, she deserved to have fun after everything. She approached the doors and saw Will.

"Hey!" She smiled. "What're you doing out here?"

Will smiled back. They were never really close but their mutual friend brought them together. "Just waiting on someone."

"Well, dont wait all night out here, tonight's supposed to be fun."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks."

She gave one last smile before heading in. Her eyes meeting first with Harry. She sent him a smile before continuing on. He stared a little longer than he'd like to admit. His slight infatuation turning into something a bit more.

"Allie!" She exclaimed.

"Juno! Oh my god you look so good!

"Me? Look at you! That's dress, Allie!"

"Okay, Okay, we need to catch up, dance with me." Allie pulled her to the dance floor.

"Oh okay." She laughed as the two began dancing together. "I feel like I haven't really seen you."

"Me too. Hey, remember freshman year when we had that sleepover?"

"Yeah, that was so fun."

"We should do that again."

"Yes, definitely."

The two gave dancing a break. Juno sat with Grizz socializing with him and his friends. Finch watched her from afar almost punishing himself for making her sad by keeping himself away.

"You look miserable." Becca said.

"I feel like shit."

"That's the spirit, Finch." She said sarcastically. "Have fun, stop being Finch for one day. Dance with me."

"No, I don't-"

"It wasn't a question." Becca pulled him up out of his chair. He stood there awkwardly in place. "Come on, Finch, loosen up."

She grabbed his hand and moved it as she danced. After a while Finch was in it keeping close to Becca, but not close enough to make her uncomfortable.

Juno smiled as she watched Finch having fun. She couldn't even remember the last time he laughed on purpose.

"You know if Finch and Becca ever dated I'd totally be okay with that. Wouldn't that be so cool, to have Becca as my sister in law?" She asked Sam who was coincidentally next to her.

Sam smiled. "You'd think after all these years they'd get together."

Juno laughed. "Finch thinks he's above asking someone out though."

"Becca's too independent to ask anyone out."

"Looks like they're perfect for each other." She smiled. "I'm gonna get a drink, you want anything?"

Sam shook his head and Juno walked off. After a song or two Finch decided he'd had enough fun. Becca and him walked to Sam who waited for them with drinks.

"I'm happy you're having fun, Finch. You needed a break from worrying about everything."

He nodded. "Yeah, I guess I didn't really know that until now."

Becca smiled. "You're too hard on yourself."

He half smiled. "You know when I was little was such I was such an asshole."

Becca laughed making Finch laugh. Becca couldn't believe it, he was actually telling her something about him. In the past 4 years he never really shared anything. "I pushed Juno off the slide and my dad lost his shit. He lectured me about being nice to your twin and that I'll only ever have Juno. I was six but now I know he was right. It's only ever been me and Juno."

"Well, you know you're not alone, Finch. You have Sam and me. And Juno has Grizz and Allie."

He nodded. "I know that. I just... forget."

Becca half smiled before Sam came over with Becca's drink.

"Thank you." She took a drink before spitting it out.

"What?" Sam asked.

"This is rum and coke."

"That's what you wanted."

"I asked for coke."

"Just a coke? In case you haven't noticed, there aren't any chaperones here, because this isn't a real prom. You can drink."

Becca shoved the glass back to Sam. "There's no need to be flippant." Becca's stormed off leaving the two boys staring.

"Is there something wrong with Becca?" Finch asked.

"Don't know, she was fine earlier." Sam responded. The two followed her out where she paced.

"I told you I didn't want to come to this thing!" She argued.

"Why? We were having a good time!" She stared at Sam. "If you want a coke, I'll get you a coke. I can even get you a Diet Coke or Fanta. You want a Fanta?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Holy shit." Finch mumbled. He didn't even know she was seeing anyone. In fact he couldn't remember if they even talked about liking anyone.

"Joking or not joking?" Sam asked.

"Not joking."

"Well, that's a relief. I mean, I just thought you'd had your boobs done."

"Not the time." Finch nudged him.

"We didn't know you were. Who's the father?"

"I don't want you to ever ask me that question again, okay? Finch?" She pointed.

"Got it, not asking."

"What does that mean? You're never..." Sam pressed.

"Why can't you just respect... one thing?" Becca ran off once again.

"Juno!" Grizz came over to her frantically as she sipped on her drink.

"Grizz, whats wrong?"

"I need help."

"Yeah okay with what?"

"How do you flirt?"

"Oh my god!" She squealed and went into a whisper. "Did you find someone?"

"Kinda maybe I don't know."

"Who?"

"Sam."

"Oh my god, I love that! First Finch with Becca and now you. I could not have thought of anyone better for you. Okay okay, Sam's chill so maybe like talk to him and like feel the energy out."

"What does that mean?"

"Talk to him, Grizz."

"About what?"

"I don't know anything. I know you have something to talk about from all those books you read."

"Okay but if this goes badly I'm blaming you."

"Love you, Grizz. It's gonna be fine. Now go." Juno shooed him away.

Finch went after Becca. She sat outside staring off into nowhere in particular.

"Hey." Finch sat next to her.

She sniffled and rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, Finch, you can go back inside."

"I'm not leaving you out here by yourself. Besides I needed a break too. Too much fun for me." He smiled when he heard her chuckle.

He cleared his throat. "So, do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really, but yes."

"When did you find out?"

"When this all happened. I went to the pharmacy and I took a pregnancy test."

"Shit."

"Yeah."

"And are you okay?"

"Are you my therapist now?"

He laughed. "I could be but seriously it must've been hard keeping that a secret for this long."

"What am i gonna do? If I have it then people are gonna know and I can't take care of a baby. But if I... I don't even know if that's possible right now." Becca cried. He grabbed her hand and slightly squeezed.

"Hey, we'll figure it out. I promise. I'm not going anywhere and neither is Sam. We'll get through it together."

"Thanks Finch." Becca nodded engulfing him in a hug.

Juno saw him sulking all night. He almost looked like Finch on a daily basis.

"Hey." She sat beside him

"Hey, princess."

"Princess? Are we giving up on names now?"

He half smiled. "Too tired to come up with something."

"Are you too tired to dance?"

"What?"

"Dance with me?"

"Are you sure? You didn't want anyone to know that we even talked."

"That's not entirely true but as of today, I'm taking your advice. I'm done caring about what other people think of me. I'm gonna be my own person and not even Finch will tell me what to do "

"It's a slow song."

She pulled him off his seat and to the crowd. She pulled him close putting her arms around him.

"You know when I first moved here I thought you'd be snobby."

"You think I'm snobby?"

"No, not anymore. I did when I first got here but then we had a couple talks, student council remember? I tried to go for treasurer, I lost. Anyways, I realized you weren't snobby at all, you just had your own group of friends and your own way of doing things."

He half smiled. "I don't say this to a lot of people but thank you."

"For what?"

"Letting me rant about everything."

She smiled. "It's what friends are for."

"Friends." He smiled. "Yeah."

"Juno, what the hell?"

Finch stared at her sister as she held onto Harry. He couldn't believe her, she was blinded by his charm. Juno didn't deserve to be hurt by someone like Harry.

"Come on, Juno, we're leaving."

"What?"

"Come on, dude, just leave her alone." Harry said taking a step towards Finch.

Finch laughed. "Leave her alone? Why don't you leave her alone?"

Finch shoved Harry back making him stumble into Juno.

"Shit sorry." Harry mumbled as Juno held onto him.

Cassandra walked over. "Don't ruin this for everyone. If you're going to fight do it outside."

Juno shook her head. "We're fine, we were just leaving. Come on, Harry."

Juno took Harry's hand pulling him out of the dance. Finch stared making holes into the back of their heads.

"Come on, Finch, she'll be fine." Becca assured. "Have fun."

Harry put his sweater around her as they walked to his house. He glanced at the girl who hadn't made a sound since leaving.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She faked a smiled. "I'm okay, just tired. Dancing you know?"

"You don't have to lie to me."

She shook her head. "I just... ever since... I don't even know where to begin."

He opened the door to his house and led her to his room. She sat at his bed.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Finch and I aren't really on good terms today."

Harry nodded. "No big deal."

"I pulled you out of prom for this."

"I wasn't having much fun either way.

Juno sighed. "This sucks. This was never supposed to happen. We were supposed to go to prom in a normal year. This is all fucked up."

Harry chuckled sitting next to her. "I think I like this negative Juno."

Juno smiled. "You'd be the only one. No one would care about me if I was like this."

"I'm sure that isn't true."

"It is, would you even talk to me if I wasn't all pushy and bright."

"I don't know."

"Come on, Harry, you wouldn't. You barely wanted to talk to me at the beginning of this."

"That's not true, I wanted to I just didn't know how."

She waited for him to continue. "It's fine. I know I'm not the type of people you talk to."

"It's not that. I was with Kelly."

"She didn't allow you to have friends?"

"Right," he nodded embarrassed to admit something he might regret. "Well, Finch has never liked me."

"He's just hard to impress."

"I don't think he wants to be impressed by anyone. Finch, cares about you. He thinks no one will ever be good enough for you."

"Yeah, my own personal cockblock."

Harry chuckled. "Well... he's not here now."

"No, he isn't." She smiled at him.

Finch walked in as Cassandra watch the slideshow of Bobby, the Jewish boy the party was dedicated to. It was after prom. Finch told Cassandra he'd help her clean up. He thought maybe an act of kindness would turn into something good, like his sister talking to him.

"Weird huh," Finch spoke making Cassandra jump.

"Finch." She sighed in relief.

"We're just living in this weird place that's home but people like Bobby aren't here."

Cassandra nodded. "I'm sure eventually we'll find out what's going on."

"But is it worth it? Is it worth going through the shitty times when we're not even guaranteed the good ones."

"That's why we have to find those good moment in between the shitty ones. It makes people keep going."

"I don't get it."

Cassandra put a hand on his shoulder. "Finch, what keeps you going?"

He thought for a moment before understanding what she was getting at. "Juno."

Cassandra nodded. "Me too, well, Allie."

Finch half smiled. "I'll help you with those."

He took the trash bag out of her hands. The two walked conversing about their old lives and how different they were to the ones they were currently living. Cassandra followed him outside as he took the trash out. A branch snapping in some short distance catching both their attention.

"Gordie?" Cassandra asked.

A black and white dog came in whining. The two sighed in relief.

"Who's dog is it?" Finch asked.

"Don't know," Cassandra bent down, talking to the dog before it ran off into the dark trees. A gunshot went off scaring Cassandra. "Where did that-"

"Cassandra..." Finch mumbled as his body became weak. Cassandra held him as he fell staring at his shirt covered in blood.

"Finch..." Cassandra stood up hearing footsteps coming her way. "What're you-"

Cassandra held her stomach before being shot again.

Hey I'm back for what seems like monthly updates. I swear I'm trying I just forgot. Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 91 11
π€πŒπˆππ€ πŠπ€ππ„, The perfect daughter, the perfect soldier. The perfect role model for the citizens on the Ark. She had to be perfect. She's Marc...
217K 5.3K 29
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
111K 3K 23
π“π„πŒππ„π‘. ❝ we only ever have so much time until the act is up, and we're gone. ❞ π…π€ππ…πˆπ‚π“πˆπŽπ 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 π‡π€π‘ππŽπ‘ - 𝐃𝐀...
24.3K 465 30
"Anyway yes" he said "Anyway yes, what?" i asked "You look good on the dance floor" he replied When a group of girls goes to a pub to party nothing c...