Rise of the Guardians One-Sho...

By lostgirl2411

Here are just some stories of family love between the Guardians. Some surprise friendships between others, an... More

Sugar Highs and Secret Lies
The Dangers of Boredom
The Steps of Saying Goodbye
Bonding Over Memories
Pink Eye
The Voice of Change
We Promise
Thunderstorm
Lynn
Where's Jack?
Please Don't
The Boy of Old
What really happened, Sam?
"Jackie Boy, What Have You Done?"
Holding on, and Letting go
Jack's Past pt. 1
Jack's Past pt. 2
Jack's Past pt. 3
Jack's Past pt. 4
Jack's past pt.5
Jack's past pt 6
Resting
Jack's Past pt. 7
Exhausted
New Ideas & Requests
Jack's Past pt. 8
The Little Moments - Sandy
The Little Moments - Tooth
The Little Moments - North
The Little Moments - Pitch
The Little Moments - Bunny
Sick Day
Fading Promise
Please Read...
Fading Promise pt.2
Parent Protection
Guardians vs. Seasonals
Guardians vs Seasonals pt.2
Guardians vs Seasonals pt.3
The Secret Meeting
Guardians vs. Seasonals fin.
Silent But Dangerous
Promises Change
The Playlist
Callahan
Natasha & Denver
Emily
Ares & The Seasonals
The Ending
The Beginning
Still a Trickster
Lapse in Time
An Unlikely Friend
I'll Always Find You
Earlier than Expected
New Ways
Character Descriptions
It's Hard Sometimes
Sketching
hope ur okay
Overthinking
Memory Loss
Memory Found
Forgotten Fear
Sadly Caught
Loud Mouth
Bonding Moments
Remember What I Taught You
The Full Story
Connections
broken comptuer
Manny
A Crush
A New Chapter
Chapter 80
SUPRISE!
SUPRISE pt. 2

Restart

617 14 7
By lostgirl2411

we left off on Sam being iced to the sculpture, the Guardian's on the way, and Jack being very scary with his powers. How will this go down?

-----------------------------

"Jack, this isn't going to be good you need to-" 

"You need to hush." Sam clenched his jaw at the emotionless voice. Jack was sitting against another ice structure infront of them as they were waiting. The little russian doll had fully iced over, the sign of the alarm being set. Sam wasn't ready to see the Guardians after this long. He didn't want them to see Jack like this either. 

Jack had slowly iced over, a light layer of frost. It was like the light layer that shows on the grass on a early morning cold. Sam felt the necklace around his neck shaking as the demons in him were afraid. That ice had more power than it seemed. He groaned, bowing his head as a snow globe portal opened up a little ways to their right. 

North and Natasha stepped out with their matching swords out. Sam looked away as Jack stood up to his full height. He didn't dare move as he watched Jack stare at North who had lowered his weapon towards him. The air somehow got colder and that scared him. 

"Jack? What is going on here?" North looked at Sam who wasn't looking at him. He still held anger for the man as it was his fault Jack was almost fully taken over, it was his fault they almost lost him. North didn't know the full story. He only thought a deal was made by Jack from Sam. It didn't make sense but all of them ran with it. 

"We are waiting for the others to come so we can all have a conversation. I suggest if you are cold that you go back and get another coat." Natasha's eyes went wide at the attitude and snappy tone from Jack. She didn't know much about the story of Sam but all she knew was that North had said he was dangerous to Jack. 

"Jack, this is not the time. You don't need to be arou-" 

"You don't have the choice of telling me what to do right now." North's brain went on survival mode as Jack's eyes flashed a brighter blue. Jack was pissed. He swallowed glancing at Sam who was finally looking at him, shaking his head. There was no getting through to this one. 

"Okay. But let's at least go the Pole, your father won't handle being in the cold well." Jack looked between all three of them before taking away the ice holding Sam. He pointed towards the new portal with his staff to show Sam he wasn't going anywhere but there. Everyone headed that way as they entered the portal to see the room cleared out. 

Jack watched Sam slowly walk over to the chairs and sit while Natasha was watching him carefully. North had just turned in front of him with arms crossed as if he was about to be scolded. 

"Jack, this man is not a good man. You almost died last time you were around him!" Jack frowned but wasn't going to speak until everyone was here. It was as if they heard him when a hole opened up, the Bunnymund family jumping out. His father looked as if he could kill while the rest were gladly ready to follow. 

Sam looked up to see Aster do the same as North as he slowly calmed down to look at his son. A dark look was sent his way but it went back to Jack in confusion. There was a slight bit of surprise in him to see Pitch and Emily beside the Pooka's. Forgiveness was given fast there. 

The flyers were all together today apparently as Sandy, Denver, and the fairies flew in. He looked around to see everyone here that Jack was waiting on. He felt a light feeling on his skin as he glanced up to see Manny was peeking in through the skylight, far enough to spread light but not far enough to gain everyone's attention. 

"Now that everyone's here, let's have a talk." Aster looked at the seriousness covering Jack. He glanced back over to Sam to the see the man just looking at him. There was slight caution in his eyes that made Bunny feel a threatening feeling going over the room. He had never seen Jack like this. His son had laid his staff down on the table as if holding it wouldn't be a good idea. 

"We do need to talk, kit. We need to talk about why he is here and why you were around hi-" 

"Because I wanted the truth. This whole time I thought my friend hated me, didn't want me, but instead it was all of you who lied and sent him away." Pitch was listening but not really. There was fear coming from the necklace around Sam's neck and slight fear coming from the man himself. Pitch tapped into the memory on where the fear was stemming from and felt his own heart race. That was a problem. 

"Jackson, that is not what happened." 

"Yes, it is. You blamed him for something that couldn't be controlled, something you didn't even give him a chance to explain the whole thing. What does that sound like to you? I think I remember an Easter where I wasn't given a chance to explain anything?" 

Bunny flinched as he stepped back slightly. He didn't know that still sat on Jack's mind. He felt guilty after that moment when he sent Jack away without explanation when Pitch had destroyed Easter. 

"That was different and you know that." 

"Is it? Is it really? It seems like when someone in this world does something wrong or even slightly evil, you tear them down." Sandy and Tooth copied each other as they started rubbing their hands together. This was never supposed to be found out. It was Sandy who was seeing the glow at Jack's feet. 

"Alright everyone, let's just all calm down." It was Callahan who stepped up, being rarely serious. He could see that whatever was happening was way too serious for anyone to just speak out. He stepped in between Jack and Aster who were staring at each other like they did way in the past when he watched them. 

This wasn't Jack Bunnymund, the son of Aster, this was the Jack that was way in the past who didn't see him as a father. Callahan put himself in between everyone and Jack as he looked back and forth. None of them really knew Jack's new powers as he watched the boy take a deep breath before crossing his arms. 

"Okay, so this is what's gonna happen. Jack, you're going to speak everything you have to say and then everyone is going to respond. Everyone got that?" Callahan looked at the others as they all nodded before looking at Jack to see the boy glaring slightly. Jack met his eyes and Callahan felt that this was a piece of the amount of trauma on Jack's mind. 

"It was my choice to make the deal for those demons, to save Sam. That was all me. I had everything under control in my head until I knew someone who save me and even if no one could, I knew I was doing something good. When I woke up, I expected to be comforted by everyone but Sam wasn't there. I was told he didn't want to see me ever again. I thought I had done something wrong." 

Callahan watched as Jack talked, he watched as the steady stare was on Bunny and North. The two looked guilty about what he was saying but no regret was in their minds. Callahan had watched it all go down, him and Denver, and knew something had happened in Jack's mind that they missed. 

They had been there the day Jack had been taken to the woods, felt the fear through everyone when Jack started reacting to the woods. It was no secret that there was trauma hidden in the "family" they all had. Callahan shook his head as he came back out of his own mind. Now was not the time to go into his own thinking. 

"I thought it was all me. But it wasn't, they all made the decision for me. It's like they didn't think I could take care of myself." Denver kept quiet. This was a long time coming and there were many more things that were like that. Too many things had been pushed back into Jack's mind due to him just trying to be nice. 

"That's not it, that's not what we wanted, Jack! We didn't want to risk your life anymore-" 

"I was fine!" Jack screamed, cold air rushing from his body. Everyone stepped back. Sam felt the energy in the room change as he took it all in silently. Jack's glow had slowly been fading as he let what he was thinking out but now it was back full force. He glanced at the Guardians to see their reactions of guilt and slight fear at Jack's rant. 

"Enough, Jackson." He turned his head at the scolding voice he hadn't heard in so long. Sam had stood up, finally, taking charge of the conversation. 

"This is why that conversation and decision was made between only us and not you. You think with your heart more than you do your head. You would have put the fact that you literally almost died aside just to make sure I was okay and that's what we didn't want. You have to realize Jack, that in order for everything to become okay, I had to leave." 

Jack shook his head about to retaliate when it happened, Sam let his eyes flash red. There were gasps across the room but Jack was pulled in. He felt his body go numb as Sam's memory went behind his eyes, somehow the man was projecting his memory on to him. Jack watched it all unfold from Sam's point of view. 

His mind turned into a white room as he looked around, there was nothing in it. He did a full circle and came face to face with Roy. He didn't step back nor felt any fear considering this was the one that liked him. 

"You get it now, little brat? You were to fragile after you woke up. All of them were. Samuel wouldn't have been able to stick around you because he was too traumatized by what happened too."

Jack frowned before shaking his head about to argue back. The back part of his mind knew that the demon in front of him was right, he knew that. But Jack was pissed that he had lost one of his bestfriends because of it. Why couldn't they have found a way to keep him in his life? 

"Because keeping you in his life wouldn't have let anyone heal. That's your heart speaking. Your head is the one that knows I'm right." 

"How did you hear what I was thinking?" Jack watched Roy just raise an eyebrow at him before glancing around. Jack looked around then to realize this was the "room" in his head that he had been in before. 

"Sam's not going to be to happy with me, none of them are, but you needed to hear this from an unbiased point of view. Everything that happens always has a reason. And the reason behind him leaving you behind was healing. For everyone." 

"So what? I just let this go?" Jack held his arms out beside him. He heard the voices of everyone calling him back but he wasn't listening. It seemed like Roy was the best he could listen to right now. 

"Yes. You let it go. You get out of here, you take your staff, and you go away for a while. You, Jack Frost, go take time to yourself and realize you can't keep thinking with your heart that sometimes you got to think with your head. It doesn't matter what they say when you leave here because I'm saying this. Go find somewhere to take time for yourself." 

Jack met those dark red eyes that held only serious intentions. Maybe that's what he did need. Maybe he needed a break to get himself together. Ever since coming back, he had been getting to know so many new people and finding new ways to act around everyone. He hadn't really had a minute of peace to himself since he came back. 

But where would he go on a break? The Artic and Antarctica were to obvious. He turned to look at the white walls and realized that this might just be it. He looked back at the demon and wondered if this had anything to do with his new powers. The ability to form a place in his head and make it a room. It made him wonder if he could change it. 

He thought of his lake, the area around it, the sky. He imagined that this white room was his lake. It made him jump when he suddenly felt grass under his feet and the area turn into what he was thinking. 

"You've found a safe place, brat. You're head is open to imagination like no one else out there. This is your defense mechanism. You used it on us and you use it in your dreams. Go find somewhere and go to sleep. Go into your head and make peace with yourself and your memories." 

Jack let himself think about it for a minute and realized it would probably be best. He let his head think, not his heart. He knew it was always good to think with your heart but he had never put his logical thinking to use. It was his downfall, his emotions. He realized that now. 

Roy had turned to walk out into the woods as that was the door way to leaving Jack's mind. It was taking everything he had to leave from the charm to Jack's mind. 

"You know, if you weren't a demon, you and Pitch could come together and make a great therapy team." 

"You're pushing it." 

Jack laughed as he watched him walk away. He took a deep breath before letting himself "wake up" and saw that everyone was just staring at him in different states of worry. 

"Jackson Bunnymund, I am going to- what the hell was that?" He turned to see Aster looking at him with an angry look and Lily just staring at him. He looked down at himself to see the glow gone and no ice around him, his staff defrosted. 

"I was talking to someone. I need to go." Jack went to walk away but a hand grabbed him. He turned to see Callahan holding his arm, the violet eyes staring deep into his. It was intense enough at it is but with how emotional this whole thing it was just made things worse. Jack swallowed before Call let him go, nodding, as if giving him the go.

"I need time to deal with this. I want him in my life again. That's up for each of you to get to know each other again, a restart in life. But when I come back, he is going to be my friend again and all of you are going to have to deal with that." 

Everyone stared at Jack as he grabbed his staff and left. Bunny clenched his fist before turning to Sam and was about to go off on him. A paw grabbed his arm as Lilly stepped forward, everyone's eyes on her as she walked up to him. Lilly just looked into his eyes as she saw it was only human in there. The demons were in the charm, not the man. 

"Hi, my name is Lilly. Aster's wife and Jack's mother." Sam looked down at the out-stretched palm and then back at the female Pooka in front of him. He could see the shocked, angry, and just overrall confused looks on the others face but looked back at her. Jack had a good mother now. 

"Hey. My name is Samuel but you can call me Sam." 

Lilly turned around to everyone with a stern look as she was no longer going to stare into the past and risk losing her son because the others couldn't get over themselves. 

"We are all starting over. For his sake." 

--------------------------------------

I am so sorry guys that I haven't been active lately and that this chapter may suck. I have been trying to pack for college as I move in a week for my first year, it also doesn't help my computer broke but it's all good now. 

Anyways, I've learned from many tik toks readers don't care about a writer's personal life or like what keeps them from writing so I'll stop complaining. 

I do believe that I did miss two requests sent to me in the comments so I'm going back to look for those and they will come soon. 

I hope everyone has a good day <3, sending love to my readers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 1.9K 4
FAVORITE COMMENTS: ** "One of my all time favorite books, I'll never forget it" (@sedaoriente) ** "I love how easily the chemistry built up between t...
8.2K 202 9
(Rise of the Guardians fanfiction. Jack Frost x Reader) As the simple spirit of the spring season, you thought your would live out the rest of your i...
69.2K 2.7K 39
You'd never think that you'd fall into any wrongs with Bunnymund, especially not given the relationship that you had formed. He wanted you as much as...
41.4K 1K 21
When the evil Pitch Black threatens the children of the world, (Y/N) and Jack are chosen as two new Guardians to defend them. The only problem is, no...