The Doberman

nayawritess

Azalea Caruso is the heir to the Caruso Mafia, an assassin and cutthroat. She hates the idea of marriage but... Еще

Visuals and a note :)
Chapter 01: Meeting trouble.
Chapter 02: Tesoro
Chapter 03: Leonardo Ricci isn't that bad...
Chapter 04: Power duo
Chapter 05: That's how Azalea Caruso works
Chapter 06: Exes and psychos
Chapter 07: French kissed and flawless
Chapter 08: Players and protectors
Chapter 09: Ricci-Caruso bonding
Chapter 11: Gunshots are like chirping birds now
Chapter 12: Pain and pleasure
Chapter 13: Stalker in the USA
Chapter 14: Soon to be?
Chapter 15: Till death do us part.
Chapter 16: 1 month to forever?
Chapter 17: I spy a traitor...
Chapter 18: Trapped.
Chapter 19: A lie for love
Chapter 20: Dolore
Chapter 21: Signatures and Suspicions
Chapter 22: Fiducia
Chapter 23: Ci vediamo all'inferno
Chapter 24: Just an alliance.
Chapter 25: Have a blessed life.
Chapter 26: Grudges and goodbyes.
Chapter 27: New beginnings, same faces.
Chapter 28: Stronzo
Chapter 29: Wedding bells, same hotels
Chapter 30: Spend the night
Chapter 31: Giglio
Chapter 32: I do...or do I?
Chapter 33: Fuck it.
Chapter 34: Feelings and shit.
Chapter 35: Your favourites
Author's note & Character Aesthetics
!! PREQUEL !!

Chapter 10: Shooting hearts

5.6K 121 50
nayawritess

Yesterday night was surprisingly fun. I thought It would be a disaster. We left their place quite late. I was pissed because Leo got a chance to annoy me for so long. Leo was happy because he got the chance to annoy me for so long.

Today's Saturday which means it's training day. Today was a little different than usual. Every two or three weeks, Mama and I go to the shooting range. Today was shooting range day and guess who mama invited to tag along? LEONARDO FUCKING RICCI.

We reached the shooting range and in no time Leo was there too. Javier had accompanied him as well.

"Morning tesoro, morning Vienna" he greeted.

"Morning love" Mom greeted back.

"Morning stronzo" I rolled my eyes.

"Lea! Be nice" Mom scolded.

"Listen to your mother tesoro, be nice"

"You shut up" I hissed as I filled my gun with bullets and wore all the necessary pieces of equipment before starting to shoot.

"Okay now Lea, do as we practiced. Close one eye, point the tip of the gun perfectly, relax your shoulders, grip the gun properly, stand upright..you have to make a straight vertical line with the bullets" she instructed.

I followed and started shooting.

*gunshot* bull's eye.

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

One over the other I shot, forming a vertical line on the target.

"Good job Lea" Mom praised.

Next up was Leo. I could see competitiveness in his eyes. He was now under pressure to have a perfect aim or he would lose from me.

*gunshot* bull's eye.

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

Oh fuck. His aim was spot on. He took off his protective glasses and noise cancellation headphones and proceeded to smirk at me.

"Looks like you have competition Lea" Mom giggled.

"Yeah looks like you have competition tesoro" Leo smirked as we had a staring contest.

It's the one thing we do without arguing. Our specialty, you can call it.

"Are they always like this?" Mom whispered to Javier.

"Usually worse, this is just a warm-up"

"Really? Jesus"

"Alright children, let's keep practicing" Javier commanded.

We snapped back into reality and kept practicing.

After about 1 hour of training, we walked back to our house and mom invited Javier and Leo to breakfast. Javier couldn't join us so only Leo came along.

"Have a seat, I'll bring the food" Mom said as she walked into the kitchen.

I walked to the opposite side of the table but Leo grabbed my wrist and said "Sit beside me, yeah?"

"Why? So you can drop your fork again?"

"That was a good one though" He chuckled.

"Idiota" I shook my head as I sat beside him.

Mom placed the food plate on the table. "Waffles? What's so special today?" I looked at her.

"I made it especially for Leo today. I know he loves them"

"You're the best Vienna" He sounded like a toddler finally getting the ice cream he had asked for.

"Wow forget your own daughter eh?"

"Oh shut up he's my son too" She scoffed. "Soon to be son-in-law" she whispered to me as she skipped off winking.

"Stop it ma!" I facepalmed.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you uhh there is this ball-type event tonight. I was wondering if uhh you would come with me?" He asked rather shyly.

"A ball? With you?"

"Yeah well I know those aren't really your thing but I'd love some company. Specifically yours."

"Aren't you cute? Sure I'd love to...but only for the food"

"Of course" He grinned. "I'll pick you up at 7"

After breakfast, I called Emma to help me find a proper dress for the ball.

"He asked you out to a ball date aaahh how fancy and romantic" She sighed in awe.

"He just asked me to tag along because he didn't want to go alone" I scoffed.

"Were you always this dumb or is this a newly discovered talent of yours?" She shook her head. "Hun if he just wanted company, he could've told Matteo or Javier to go with him"

"These balls have this policy of bringing a plus one. A date, to be precise." She went on.

"Just help me pick a dress" I rolled my eyes as I changed the topic. I didn't want to argue more because I knew she was right.

"This or this?" I said, holding a royal blue and a pearl white gown.

"The blue one. It's beautiful" she chose.

"Alright, I'll wear it"

I put it on and walked out to show it to Emma.

"A goddess. Literal Goddess" she complimented.

"You spoil me" I laughed.

"Leo will faint" she giggled.

I facepalmed as I took it off and kept it on the bed to wear later.

[A few hours later] [7 pm]

Leo's pov:

"Giglio, Leo's here!" Xander called.

I heard the click-clack of her heels become more prominent as she walked nearer to the stairs. She walked down the stairs, holding the front strands of her hair to see the steps better and I gawked at her like a fool.

She wore a blue gown, with a deep cut and some silver earrings which shined through her hair, her hair was lightly styled on the sides. Twisted braids clipped on the sides, with her hair down. I dunno what they are called so spare me. I knew she couldn't do much to her hair as her hair was quite short. She takes "Simplicity at its best" too seriously.

Back to Azalea:

After walking down the stairs, I took a proper look at Leo.

Gelled, slicked back hair, black shirt under a navy blue suit. A blue tie to match. A shining Rolex and a smirk on his face.

"Would you look at that? We're matching" he grinned.

"What a coincidence?!" I gasped dramatically.

"Okay, you two, 4 feet apart while dancing, no PDA and no after ball sex" Dad instructed.

Leo and I looked at Dad in confusion.

"You're saying this because you and mama did exactly that, didn't you?"

"*cough* get your asses in the car and get out of here"

I laughed as I followed Leo to his Car. He walked to a black Rolls Royce parked outside.

"Okay but we have one more stop to make." He said.

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see."

He stopped in front of his house and invited me in.

"Why are we here?"

"Follow me." He said as he guided me to his room.

As I walked in, I saw a box on his bed.

"Open it." He said.

Inside the box was a pendant. A pendant with a cursive D on it.

"You know what our families would think right?"

"I don't give a shit." He said. "Do you like it?"

"Put it on me."

I turned towards his mirror and he put the necklace on me.

I looked at him through the mirror and after he was done puting it on, he looked at me through the mirror.

"Eh it'll pass." I joked.

"I'll take it ba-"

"No no no I like it I like it." I giggled.

He smiled and splayed his hands on my back. He dig his face into my neck and planted a soft kiss before spinning me around and backing me up into the mirror.

"We'll be late for the ball." I said, hiding a moan.

He sighed and backed away. You really know how to ruin a moment, tesoro."

[A few minutes later]

Halfway there, he breaks his silence.
"You look beautiful Ms. Caruso."

"You don't look too bad yourself Mr. Ricci"

"You know I can just pull over and..." he said suggestively.

"Keep it in your pants Doberman, we have a ball to attend"

"Cockblock" he scoffed.

We soon reached the ball and there were so many people in there. Mafia, CEOs, Millionaires, Billionaires, you name it, you have it. I hate being in between so many people. Makes me feel weird.

"Welcome, Leo!" A brown-haired, fair man, probably the same age as Leo greeted.

"Nice ball, Devon" Leo complimented.

"Thanks, man. And who would this beautiful woman be?" He turned to me.

"Azalea Caruso nice to meet you" I proposed a handshake.

"Devon Walker" He introduced, shaking my hand.

"How's Xander and Vienna?" He asked.

"They're great" I replied with confusion in my tone.

"Oh yeah, your parents and mine know each other" He explained.

"Ohhh makes sense"

"Okay enough intros, can you stand by the bar, I'll be right there" Leo squeezed my palm.

I nodded as I walked to the bar.

Leo's pov:

"Don't flirt with her" I warned.

"I wasn't flirting with her!" Devon denied.

"And who would this beautiful woman be?" I mocked.

"It's just a general compliment dear lord. I know she's yours and right now she's waiting for you at the bar so stop being stupid and walk over to her"

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bar. Soon a slow song started playing and everyone gathered on the dance floor and started dancing with their partners.

Back to Azalea:

《 Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms》

"May I have this dance?" Leo bowed, putting his hand forward.

《Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song》

"You may" I gave him my hand and m on my hip and held my hand with another. I placed my hand on his shoulder and we swayed along with the music.

《When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath but you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight》

We looked into each other's eyes and danced peacefully. Not uttering a word, just letting our eyes talk.

Everything was fine until...

*gunshots*

To be continued...

[Song: Perfect by Ed Sheeran]

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I'll be publishing more chapters soon so stay tuned and you're welcome to leave constructive criticism. What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Her claim Jeelvyas03

Любовные романы

3.2M 185K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
His Belleza emily10897

Любовные романы

259K 4K 42
Book 1 of the [His Everything] series. Amélie Levine Beaumont is the - first female - heir to the French Mafia (the second largest and most powerful...
This Love vam008142

Любовные романы

207K 4.9K 80
{complete & editing } ꧁𝙈𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙍𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚꧂ 𝑤𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑔𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢...
Broken Pieces 🎡🎡

Любовные романы

115K 2.1K 70
As I saw him coming towards me I start to walk backwards until my back hits the wall. I don't want to spill blood here. Dad's going to kill if if I d...