The Crimson Butterfly [My Her...

By nanaosaki3940

It wasn't until he met her for the first time that their encounter made him believe that the world is just as... More

Prologue
Character Intro
Nana Osaki's Ghoul Quirk & Kagune
Nana Osaki's Ghoul Eyes: Kagugan
Nana Osaki's Parents
Hero Costume, Mask & Weapon
Contents
Chapter 1: So We Meet Again
Chapter 2: Welcome Home, Old Geezer
Chapter 3: I'll Be Okay, Trust Me
Chapter 4: I Won't Hold Back Either!
Chapter 5: Call Me Shoto
Chapter 6: I'm Not A Monster!
Chapter 7: Thanks For Your Concern, Bakugo
Chapter 8: Maybe I Still Love Him
Chapter 9: Can I Get A Kiss As A Reward?
Chapter 10: Did You Just... Bite Me?
Chapter 11: Do I Know Her? Maybe
Chapter 12: It's Been A While, Hasn't It, Babydoll?
Chapter 13: You're Just Like Her
Chapter 14: What Is He To You?
Chapter 15: My Dear Tsubaki
Chapter 16: Your Punch Really Hurts!
Chapter 17: Three Minutes!
Chapter 18: Twisted Future
Nana Osaki's Modified Quirks and Abilities
Chapter 19: Let's Keep Smiling!
Chapter 20: Here Comes The School Festival!
Chapter 21: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 22: His Midsummer Dream
Chapter 23: His Start, My Start
Chapter 24: Break A Leg Out There, Enji Todoroki!!
Chapter 25: Class 1-A's Victory!!
Chapter 26: We're Heroes Now!!
Chapter 27: I'm Not As Kind As Shoto Is!!
Chapter 28: Come Dance With Your Son, Here In Hell!!
Chapter 29: You Will Realize I Wasn't A Mistake!!
Chapter 30: Fight On, Shota!! You Can Do It!!
Chapter 31: It's About Time The Two Nanas Meet Face To Face
Chapter 32: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 33: Awakening Of The Third Quirk: The Lightning Blade Quirk!
Nana Osaki's Third New Quirk: Lightning Blade
Special Chapter 1: I Want To Save Them
Chapter 35: Team-Up: Top Three, Nana, Deku & All Might!
Chapter 36: I Care About You The Most
Chapter 37: The Lovely & Deadly Lady Nagant!
Chapter 38: Hey, Do You Remember...
Chapter 39: Brother's Girl And All...
Chapter 40: You Can Still Be A Hero!!
Chapter 41: You Cried For Me
Chapter 42: It's Because You're So Precious To Me
Chapter 43: Loving Him Was A Calming Blue
A Complete Touya-Nana Flashback Chapter
Chapter 44: The Shape Of My Love
Chapter 45: And So The Rumbling Begins!!!
Chapter 46: There's Always Turning Back
Nana Osaki's Family Tree
Flower Symbolism Time With Author-chan!
A New Tokyo Revengers Fanfic
Chapter 47: Touya
Side Story Part 1: Fly Me To The Moon

Chapter 34: A Tragic Hero

295 11 0
By nanaosaki3940

(A flashback chapter)

Nemuri Kayama = Midnight (Nana's foster mother)

Shota Aizawa = Eraser Head (Nana's uncle and adoptive father)

Third Person's POV

Nana Osaki's parents Daisuke Osaki and Junko Saotome were friends with some well-known pro heroes; the most significant ones were Aizawa, Midnight, Endeavor, All Might, Present Mic, and Best Jeanist. So throughout her entire life, she was always surrounded by those people. Nana witnessed and learned about every odd and end of the life of a hero from very close; the success, the failure, the sadness, the happiness, the loss, the achievement, and the struggle. And throughout this path of learning, she received important life lessons from everyone around her.

Nana lost her parents when she was only five years old. So from the age of five, she was raised by her own uncle who was now her adoptive father, Shota Aizawa aka pro hero Eraser Head. And besides Aizawa, there was another individual who was always there for Nana in every thick and thin. And that individual was none other than her foster mother, Nemuri Kayama aka pro hero Midnight.

When Nana was born, Aizawa was a 15-year-old 1st-year high school student and Nemuri was a 16-year-old 2nd-year high school student, who both went to UA High. To Nana, Nemuri wasn't just a mother-like figure, she was her idol. Whatever Nemuri did and said mesmerized Nana. In Nana's eyes, Nemuri Kayama aka Midnight was the ultimate icon. Even though Nemuri wasn't her biological mother or didn't have any sort of connection by blood, Nana still inherited Nemuri's few personalities, especially her unpredictably serious, temperamental, and sadistic side. Nana also had grown up to be quite intelligent, perceptive, and articulate just like Nemuri herself.

Not to mention, Nemuri was the one who pushed Aizawa in the first place to adopt Nana and take responsibility as her legal guardian.

"Oh, Kayama. How is life as a school teacher treating you?" Aizawa asked.

"It's so fulfilling." Nemuri giggled from the other side of the call. "My kids are all such cuties... And the classes are a lot of fun. Teaching is giving me a holy perspective. Being at school is just great, you know? It really feels like the place where I belong."

"That's so?" Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "Personally I hated school. Not too many great memories."

"Now, now. Must not be picky. A job is a job."

"It's not my job." Aizawa sighed.

"Oh, but it will be." Nemuri smiled. "We will have you teaching at UA soon enough. Yamada is starting his own tenure as a teacher next semester...So all that is left is for you to make the big leap."

"Stop acting like me and him are attached at the hip..." Aizawa grumbled. "Besides I never give anyone an indication that I was on board the teacher train."

"Oh, but Yamada told me... 'He's the kind of guy who can't take actions without a good shove from behind'..." she chuckled.

"Tell him that he is the kind of guy who meddles too much for his own good." Aizawa frowned.

"I agree though that you have been shying away from what really matters." She sighed.

"Correction... Both of you meddle too much for your own good." Aizawa clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Come on! I'm being serious here!" Nemuri stated firmly. "Besides, you really need to start to take responsibility now, Aizawa."

"Huh?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm talking about Nana-kun, Aizawa." Nemuri frowned. "Ever since Oboro passed away, you've been shying away... separating yourself from everything and everyone... But you can't do that anymore. Dai-chan and Jun-chan are no more in this world now, Aizawa and you know it. Nana-kun needs you. You're her uncle... her only blood-related relative on whom we can entrust her..."

"I know that..." Aizawa sighed, running his hand through his locks. "But, taking a kid's responsibility..."

"You used to babysit her back in your high school days..."

"Babysitting and being someone's legal guardian are two different things..."

"I know, but..." Nemuri sighed. "But if you don't, then the Todoroki's will probably try to adopt her..."

"What?!" Aizawa exclaimed.

"I'm not sure, but I heard rumors that Endeavor is thinking about taking the responsibility of being Nana-kun's legal guardian..." Nemuri explained. "You know from Dai-chan that how much Endeavor was obsessed with the whole quirk marriage thing between his eldest son and Nana-kun... I mean, we don't have anything against Endeavor's son cause the boy himself is a little kid. The boy's probably twelve or thirteen years old meaning he's still a child, but we've got a serious issue with Endeavor himself. So, if you don't step up now Aizawa, not only you'll lose Nana-kun forever, but also her whole life will get messed up because of that... and then later you'll be able to do nothing but blame yourself till death for destroying your precious niece's life... So for Nana-kun, please, come back... Try to resolve your life... Oboro isn't here, but Nana-kun is... For her, try to smile again... I'm sure that one day Nana-kun will become your purpose to live life to the fullest, Aizawa..."

Nemuri even reached out a helping hand to Aizawa to raise Nana.

"What're we gonna do now?"

"How did this all happen?"

It had been months since Daisuke and Junko passed away from the villain attack on I-Island, so everyone was quite worried about the five-year-old Nana and was discussing who would be willing to take her responsibility.

"When the villains attacked the research center, they found out about Daisuke and his quirk. They tried to kidnap him but failed and both Daisuke and Junko got killed in the process."

"Now they're after Nana when they found out that she's their daughter and also got Ghoul quirk..."

"Who'll take her responsibility?"

"I will...." Aizawa stepped in.

"Aizawa?!"

"Eraser Head?!"

"I'll take her responsibility. Daisuke was my cousin, so technically I'm her blood relative. And it's my responsibility... Nana's my responsibility..." Aizawa stated firmly.

"Will, you be able to do that?"

"All by your own?"

Nemuri butted into the conversation while holding onto a sleeping little Nana in her arms.

"I'll help Aizawa..." she stated.

"Midnight?"

"Nemuri?!"

"Junko was my childhood friend. It's also my duty to take care of their daughter in her and her husband's absence. I'll help you, Aizawa..." she added, smiling down at the little girl in her arms.

"Thank you, Midnight." Aizawa smiled at her.

"No problem..." Nemuri chuckled.

In Nemuri's eyes, Nana was a perfect child, a prodigy. Even though there wasn't any blood connection, Nemuri considered Nana as her own daughter. She was always there for the Osaki girl whenever she needed her.

It was one fine evening during a weekend and Nemuri was simply lounging in her tidy living room, watching her favorite Japanese drama on TV. She was lying down on the couch in a relaxed position until a phone call came. Looking at the caller ID, she noticed that it was her foster daughter, Nana Osaki.

"Nana-kun!" Nemuri beamed. "How are you-"

"Mom!" Nana cried out from the other side of the call. "I need your help! P-Please, help me!"

Nemuri noticed that Nana's breathing was harsh and there were little snarls ripping through her throat.

"M-Mom! I need you right now!" Nana continued to cry. "I-I didn't mean to do anything! I-I just wanted to go home and then... They stopped me from leaving and took their knives out and-"

"Nana-kun, calm down, dear!" Nemuri spoke up worriedly, her heart was beating fast. "Just tell me where you are right now!"

Nemuri's hands and feet went cold in fear. After all, her daughter was in danger and she needed her help. She noticed that Nana's breathing was getting more haggard and shaky, her voice getting octaves higher as she spoke. Nana was panicking.

"M-Mom, I-I'm with Shuu-san and Rize-san right now..." Nana sobbed. "I-I'm sorry!"

Nemuri's breath hitched when she heard those two names from the other side of the phone.

Shuu Tsukiyama was an infamous Gourmet Ghoul quirk user while Rize Kamishiro was a notorious Binge Eater Ghoul quirk user, both from the 20th ward of Musutafu City. Let's just say they weren't the right people to get associated with and the best was to stay away from them, especially for Nana who was still learning to control the Ghoul characteristics and traits of her quirk.

"Stay right where you are, dear!!" Nemuri stated, already snatched her purse and her keys while putting on her shoes. "I'm on my way!!"

"P-Please, Mom! H-Hurry!" Nana continued to sob.

"I need you to take deep breaths, sweetie." A sickly sweet voice spoke up.

"I can't!" Nana screamed in pain.

"We're just teaching you how to control your quirk, Nana-kun." Another voice spoke up; deep, smooth, and velvety.

"No, you're not!" Nana hissed in fury. "You're turning me into a monster!"

One way or another, it's believed that quirks more or less may have an effect on the psychology and personality of the user. Due to having a certain quirk, one's personality is shaped around it. Also, a quirk user's personality and psychology might be affected by the expectations placed on them by society and the way society treats them.

It wasn't sure if Ghouls ever really existed in this world or not, but it was a fact that in this quirk-based society, there were people born with a certain rare type of quirk called the Ghoul quirk.

In Arabic folklore, Ghouls are mythical creatures, often described as hideous human-like monsters that dwelt in the desert or other secluded locations in order to lure travelers astray. They're demon-like beings or carnivorous and cannibalistic humanoid species, associated with graveyards and are only able to consume human flesh or sometimes other fellow ghouls. They are as close to humans as possible: they normally display the same attributes; the same physical appearance and intelligence as a human with the main exception being their inner biology, mentality, and diet.

And because of that, society saw the Ghoul quirk users as monsters, as demons. Even though those Ghoul quirk users weren't actually Ghouls, rather they were humans who inherited a quirk that had the traits and characteristics of a Ghoul, society still mistreated them, misjudged them, and called them out as 'predators of humans'.

Nana took heavy breaths as she ran her trembling hands over her blood-splattered face. Unconsciously, her tongue stuck out from her lips to lick the blood off the side of her lips. Shuddering at the taste, her mind started to crave more. Her brownish amber eyes were fighting against the demonic mix of red and black colors. It went from demonic to human; it was a fight that her mundane side struggled to win. She growled at herself and shook her head wildly, the bloodstains covering it splattering everywhere around her. She looked down, her white dress was drenched with crimson blood and so were parts of her skin. Her gaze then fell on the dead bodies of humans which were scattered around the floor in this huge hall room she was at. Her breaths became heavier as she tried her best to control her hunger for human flesh.

Earlier today, Rize and Shuu invited Nana to dinner this evening and what Nana didn't know was that the dinner appointment she was attending would be in the Ghoul Restaurant; a secret society with a strict membership system, most members were a part of the higher class society. They provided the bodies or the body parts of the humans themselves. A special feature of this restaurant was the 'Dismantling Show'. Members lured unsuspecting human 'guests' to the restaurant, where they were ordered to shower and change into formal wear. These victims were then trapped in an arena with a human slave called the 'Scrapper', who was trained to make a show of killing the 'meals' for the entertainment of the members. Afterward, the bodies were prepared by the staff and served to the attendees.

Rize and Shuu were famous Ghoul quirk users in Musutafu City and came from prominent high-class families. People weren't much of a fan of those two and stayed away from them as much as possible. Even their fellow Ghoul quirk users labeled them as 'psychopaths' for their eccentric, cruel, and selfish personalities.

Shuu always considered himself a strong predator who would seek to devour the finest meals he made of his 'prey' and would not hesitate to resort to any merciless tactics in order to achieve his goals. As a result, he was disliked by most Ghoul quirk users. He had poor control over his emotions, with intense outbursts or 'meltdowns' especially when it came to losing something important or failing to capture his 'gourmet target'. During times when he was calm and rational, he seemed to be quite intelligent and often came up with strategies to help his comrades.

Rize on the other hand, was a voracious, independent woman who acted as a femme fatale to those who fell victim to her charms. She was an enigmatic female with many acquaintances who were left with a mysterious impression of her and those who came into conflict with her rarely came out alive. She was extremely selfish and thought little to none of the hardship her binge eating habit caused other Ghoul quirk users. She had no ambitions and wandered the wards aimlessly to appease her boredom.

"You're a Ghoul, Nana." The woman named Rize spoke up again as she walked up to Nana and cupped her cheeks. "Did you suddenly forget that you're a monster and become happy when around those humans?"

"I'm also a human!" Nana sneered as tears rolled down her cheeks, swatting Rize's hands away. "I'm not a monster! And I'm not a Ghoul! I'm a Ghoul quirk user! There's a difference, a huge difference! We're still human! We still function as normal human beings!"

"You're in denial." Shuu laughed, taking a sip of his red wine. "Society doesn't think like that. They don't consider us as the Ghoul quirk users... To them, we are the Ghouls... Nana-kun, accept the real you... The real monster within you..."

"I'm not a monster!" Nana snarled. "You are! You both are!"

Nana then stood up from the floor and pulled out a handkerchief before furiously wiping her bloodied hands, face, and neck.

"I shouldn't have come here!" Nana cried. "I should've stayed away from you both! Uncle Sho, Yomo sensei, Mom, Nishiki senpai... Everyone told me to stay the fuck away from you both, but I didn't listen! Dammit!"

"We were just trying to help you, sweetie." Rize sighed as she walked while kicking away the dead bodies from her path before flopping on the couch. "With both of your parents' quirks, you're quite strong, Nana. That's why we want you to join us. Together we'll get stronger."

"Why are you doing this?" Nana asked, narrowing his eyes. "What is your reason?"

"The society..." Shuu responded, turning his head around and looking deeply into her eyes. "The society made us like this."

"So you're taking revenge on society now?!" Nana asked, gritting her teeth. "Guess what? People hate you even more now for what you guys do!"

"Then how do you want to change society's view of us, Nana-kun?" Shuu raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess by being a hero, huh? Do you really think this ungrateful society will accept you even if you do good things for it, huh?"

"This world really is so messed up..." Rize trailed off. "So cruel..."

"I want to change it." Nana frowned. "It won't be an easy process, but I like to see that happen. It's not the world that's messed up; it's those of us in it. Yes, some of us walk a path that leaves sorrow in our wake, but we can choose a different path altogether. We have a lot to learn. We need to stop fighting and start talking. Because when it comes to the state of the world, you can't point your finger at us the Ghoul quirk users, or other people. We're all to blame."

"We're doing this for the right cause, Nana-kun." Shuu stood up from his chair and walked up to Nana. "And as long as it's for the right cause, there's nothing wrong with playing dirty, you know."

"You're wrong." Nana shook her head. "You're both wrong. All of this is wrong!"

Shuu was about to respond when suddenly a familiar feminine voice called out.

"Nana-kun!"

They all turned to see Nemuri standing right at the doorway with a horrified look on her face. She was terrified to see dead bodies scattered across the room with crimson blood everywhere from the wall to the floor and on the furniture. Her gaze then trailed off to Nana who was standing in the middle of the room with Shuu, her pretty white dress was now all crimson colored.

"Mom!" Nana cried as she ran over and hugged Nemuri. "M-Mom, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do it! I'm really sorry, Mom!"

"It's okay, dear." Nemuri pulled Nana closer and tightened her grip around her form in a protective manner. "I'm here now. Everything's gonna be okay."

Nemuri then looked over at the older Ghoul quirk users with a harsh glare.

"What did you do to her?" she asked.

"Nothing." Rize hummed. "We just simply invited her for 'dinner'."

"Where's Aizawa?" Nemuri asked his daughter.

"Uncle Sho is out of town right now..." Nana replied. "I was staying over at Yoshimura-san's place."

"I see..." Nemuri trailed off before taking off her jacket and placing it over Nana's shoulders. "Let's go, dear."

Nemuri looked back at Shuu and Rize once more with a menacing glare.

"Stay away from my daughter." She warned. "And get rid of these corpses before I get rid of you. This time I'm not gonna capture you two and hand you over to the police cause Nana-kun's involved in this case. But next time you won't be able to escape so easily. This is my last warning Tsukiyama, Kamishiro."

With that, Nemuri walked out of there with Nana. Soon after Nemuri brought Nana to her home and made her clean up and take a shower before giving her new clean clothes to wear and warm food to eat.

"I-I didn't mean to do it, Mom..." Nana sobbed, feeling extremely ashamed as she put down her chopsticks. "T-They lured me there and... I-I wasn't able to control my hunger and... I did my best to fight back, but I..."

"I know it wasn't your fault..." Nemuri mumbled as she kissed Nana's forehead.

"Sorry, I let you down..." Nana whispered.

"You didn't let me down..." Nemuri whispered back, wrapping her arms around Nana.

"I did something really bad and disgusting today!" Nana went on, crying heavily. "I'm the worst!"

"You're the best, Nana-kun..." Nemuri stated. "If an angelic being fell from the sky and tried to live in this world of ours, I think even they would commit many wrongs. Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn't mean they are bad people. It means they are human, Nana-kun..."

Years passed by and Nemuri was always there by Nana's side. They were joined at the hips and no force in the world could ever separate them from each other. Nana loved her to death. She would do anything for her beloved foster mother if that meant killing someone.

"Yamori, that sick bastard!" Nana hissed in fury as she jumped over the rooftops. "I'll kill him today!"

Today a criminal organization called the Aogiri Tree attacked an event held by the pro heroes on the west side of Musutafu City. Nana learned about the attack on TV and dashed her way there to save the day. There was no way she could let anyone die, especially the ones she loved and cared most about.

"Oi, Nana!"

Nana stopped running as she turned around to see the No. 2 pro hero quickly making his way toward her.

"Enji-san?" Nana raised an eyebrow. "Do you need anything?"

"What are you doing here?" Endeavor frowned. "It's dangerous out here. We're evacuating now and you'll be on our way. Go home."

"I came to check up on old geezer and Mom!" Nana responded. "Where are they?"

"Eraser is okay, but Midnight got kidnapped by the Aogiri Tree." Endeavor informed.

Nana's eyes immediately went wide open in shock before the look on her face changed from shock to pure anger. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists as she took a few heavy breaths.

"Yamori!" she sneered before dashing off in a random direction.

"Hey, wait!" Endeavor called out but she was already gone.

"I knew you would come straight over here after learning that Midnight's here." Yamori laughed. "Welcome back, Nana-kun!"

"Welcome back, my ass!" Nana snarled as she marched into Aogiri Tree's basement. "Where's Mom?!"

"Calm down, Nana-kun." Yamori smirked, his tone was calm and collected like always. "She's fine. I'll let go of her if we come to a deal, you know..."

Yamori was another fearful Ghoul quirk user who lived in the 13th ward of the city. He was arrested by the police years ago when he was a young lad and during his imprisonment, he was tortured relentlessly by a sadistic investigator working there. He desperately tried to escape the pain as he convinced himself he was the torturer, not the tortured one. And when their roles were reversed, Yamori felt a thrill he had never felt before; it seemed like he had truly become human. During the torture, he learned about the injections and methods to inflict pain on Ghoul quirk users. He started seeking ways to satisfy his sadistic hobby by looking for unfortunate victims to bring to his personal torture chamber. Slowly Yamori developed an arrogant and sadistic personality that mirrored his interrogator as a means of escaping the reality of his torture. He was a manipulative and deceitful ghoul who would be violent in order to get what he desired. Despite his brutish, cruel, sadistic, and violent nature he was somewhat carefree and also loved his mother dearly.

"What's the deal?" Nana raised an eyebrow.

"Simple. Join the Aogiri Tree." Yamori replied.

"Like hell, I'll join you, bastards!" Nana growled. "Give back my Mom!"

At that moment, Nana noticed that in the corner of the room, her foster mother Nemuri was all chained up in a wooden chair; beaten up, bruised, and unconscious. Nana's breath hitched at the scene and her eyes went wide open. Rage and fury started to boil up inside her. She looked back at Yamori and right at that moment, Nana quickly unleashed her Ukaku and Rinkaku Kagune from her back and her eyes switched from brownish amber to red-black Kakugan.

"Oh, you wanna play it hard, huh?" Yamori smirked before he snapped his fingers.

Right on cue, dozens of his minions jumped in front of her.

"I'll fucking kill you." Nana snarled out, her voice so low and dangerous with venom dripping from every single word. "I'll finish you, Yamori."

With that, she launched forward to attack.

After that, Nana couldn't recall what happened during that time. All she could remember was waking up in that basement and finding several dead bodies lying around the floor including Yamori's. That day Nana learned that the world is power and everything is decided by the superiority or inferiority of one's power.

In this world, the strong devour the weak and Nana knew she was the strong one.

More years passed by and now Nana was the 1st student at UA High. And now that Nana was a high schooler, Nemuri wasn't too worried about her cause she knew that her daughter would get along with anyone and would easily make friends at UA which in fact actually did happen. Nana even befriended people like the cold and stoic Shoto Todoroki and the explosive and furious Katsuki Bakugo and in Nemuri's eyes, it was a great achievement, given the fact that those two boys hardly talked to anyone and Nana literally helped them to come out of their shells and now was friends with them. It excited Nemuri, even more, when Katsuki and Shoto fell for her daughter Nana. Ah, the power of youth.

Time went by and Nana grew even stronger right in front of Nemuri's eyes. The USJ attack, UA sports festival, Hero Killer Stain capture mission, Forest training camp, Camino Ward hideout raid, Provisional license exam, Overhaul, and Shie Hassaikai raid and Eri rescue mission, Class A VS Class B joint training session; each and every single place Nana shone like a bright star and Nemuri was proud to call Nana her daughter.

The months went by until it was late March. That means it was finally time for the Jaku General Hospital raid. This hospital was situated in Jaku City in Kyoto. The Hero Public Safety Commission got words from the No. 2 pro hero Hawks that the Paranormal Liberation Front including the League of Villains and Re Destro with Tomura Shigaraki as their main leader were hiding in that hospital. Hawks also informed them about the organization, the hideouts, and the plans of the Paranormal Liberation Front. With this information, the Commission organized a large force of Pro Heroes, divided into several teams to take down the villain organization.

Nemuri was assigned as a member of a large group of Pro-Heroes whose mission was to storm Gunga Mountain Villa, the main headquarters of the Paranormal Liberation Front, and arrest all its members. With the heroes, there were also some U.A. students like Tokoyami, Kaminari, Juzo Honenuki, and Kinoko Komori. Kinoko was nervous and worried at the thought of attacking the Paranormal Liberation Front, asking if they really should be there, but Nemuri explained that the students just be helping a little during the initial assault, after which they could retreat.

When the time came, the heroes launched their attack on the Gunga Mountain Villa. Kaminari yelled that he didn't want to be on the front lines, but Nemuri told him he knew what he was getting into. She also added that they needed his Quirk and to think of this position as helping out the Heroes who didn't have what it took. However, Kaminari strongly disagrees with this statement. Nemuri again comforted a still nervous Kaminari by saying that if he couldn't focus on random people elsewhere, he could think of the person who mattered the most to him. Her words then really helped him to finally gain enough determination to fight.

Then the soldiers of the Paranormal Liberation Front quickly went out to face the heroes, but because they were caught off guard by the surprise attack, the heroes took the initiative in the first confrontations, defeating many of the soldiers before they could fight back. While dodging the foes, Nemuri used her Somnambulist Quirks to put Paranormal Liberation Front members to sleep, employing a pair of fans to spread her sleep-inducing aroma in the enemy lines.

Later, when Gigantomachia awakened, Kamui Woods was carrying Midnight on his back while swinging across the trees to get to Gigantomachia's face. Despite Kamui Woods' concern, Nemuri convinced him to keep moving. She said that if Gigantomachia made it into the city, he would destroy it, and if they couldn't stop the behemoth by force, they would put him to sleep, which was what Nemuri planned to do with her Quirk.

But suddenly Kamui Woods was then dowsed in a stream of blue fire courtesy of Dabi. As Nemuri noted the group, she ended up slamming into several pieces of building debris released by Mr. Compress, causing her to fall to the ground as Gigantomachia made his way. Nemuri then tried thinking of various people who could put the giant to sleep before contacting Momo Yaoyorozu.

"Really we are just helpless..." Nemuri panted heavily, all wounded and bruised up as she was completely unable to move before she contacted Momo through the comms. "Can you hear me Creati?"

"Midnight sensei?!" Momo gasped out worriedly.

"A-Are you aware of what's going on?" Nemuri asked.

"Yes, thanks to Jiro's sound waves and Shoji's eyes!" Momo responded.

"S-Since brute force won't stop him put him to sleep!" Nemuri ordered.

"Huh?!" Momo exclaimed in shock.

"Y-You will be breaking the law sure..." Nemuri explained. "B-But the situation is desperate! He must be sedated!"

"I don't understand sensei!" Momo cried out.

At that moment few advisers from Dabi's regiment appeared at the scene and found Nemuri lying on the ground at a distance, all beaten up.

"Look there she is." One of them spoke up.

'Get the sedative to the heroes!" Nemuri went on "And then get out of there! If things look messy, save yourselves!! I trust your judgment!!"

"What?! Sensei! Hello?!" Momo called out desperately.

"And one more thing..." Nemuri smiled a bit when Nana's face came to her mind. "After the war, when you meet Nana again, tell her that she will become a great hero one day, even greater than All Might and I love her very much... Tell her to always remember that I was a proud mother and she was my beloved daughter... And Momo, please take care of her and always stay by her side, okay?"

And with that Nemuri disconnected the call and everything went completely silent on the other end.

"Huh?!" Momo cried out desperately. "Sensei? Sensei?!"

"What was that all about?" Mina asked.

"If we got to put someone to sleep... why couldn't Midnight sensei do it?" Kirishima asked.

"What happened to Midnight sensei?" Kaminari asked.

'What's our strategy?!' Momo thought. 'Regardless she said to flee..? Oh, sensei!'

Momo then took a deep breath and looked at her friends with a determined look.

"Jiro, Shoji!" Momo called out. "Give me his distance and eta based on sound! Plus the Giant's height! An estimate will do!"

She then looked at one of the students of Class 1-B from UA.

"Mudman! We need your power as well! Everyone prepare for action!"

"He is already in earshot! Jeez, he's fast! He will be here in under ten seconds!" Jiro stated before she went silent for a moment. "He's slowed down by Mt. Lady, but only a little!"

"He is 25 meters tall, that's bigger than Mount Lady!" Shoji stated.

"In all our lessons we were never taught to turn our backs to the enemy!" Momo commented as she started to create sedatives with the help of her quirk and handed bottles of them to everyone around her.

"Damn straight!" Kirishima noted.

"I will stand and fight! You all!" Momo announced.

"Don't waste your breath!" Kaminari smirked. "Costumes? Check. On the scene? Check. That makes us heroes!"

"Prepare to engage the enemy!!" Momo ordered.

Then hours later, the Paranormal Liberation War finally came to an end and hundreds of people lost their lives, let they be heroes, villains, or innocent civilians. Some students of Class 1-A later found Nemuri in the middle of the forest, but only to be found dead.

Nana went completely still on her hospital bed when she heard of Nemuri's demise from Momo just a day after the war. Momo didn't want to break the news to Nana knowing that it would shatter her heart into millions of pieces, but the Osaki girl kept pestering Momo about her foster mother, so she was forced to tell her the truth.

"S-She said she loves you very much, Nana-san..." Momo sniffled, wiping her tears away.

Nana didn't respond back and looked down at her lap in shock. First her own parents, then Touya who was recently revealed to be well and alive and went by the name 'Dabi' for this whole time, then Sir Nighteye, and now her foster mother Nemuri. They were all gone. Even her old man Aizawa lost his right leg because of Shigaraki in the war and was now in a wheelchair.

"A-And she said that you'll become a great hero one day..." Momo went on. "Even greater than All Might..."

"A great hero, huh? Even greater than All Might..." Nana finally spoke up, making Momo look up at her as Nana's gaze trailed off from her own lap to outside the window, watching the clear bright blue sky. "I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a normal hero like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy..."

Nana then let out a sigh and spoke up again.

"I'm not a great hero, Momo but a tragic one...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
9.3K 190 9
"Who do you think is the cure for Shiggy's disease?" Bakugou asked them. "I don't know," Tokoyami responded. "Maybe it's you Dabi." Todoroki said smi...
145K 4.2K 31
"id like to be alone," she sighed. he nodded his head and began to walk away from her; he stopped when he felt a tug at his wrist. "alone with you...
942 33 23
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...