Running Away with the Elf Pri...

By Fluffball88

Ashera is a mob character in "Mystical Blossom". Once she found out she was pregnant, she decides to run awa... More

Prologue: I am Ashera!?
Chapter 1: Run Away Baby!
Chapter 2: Boss of Red Leaf Inn
Chapter 3: Names
Chapter 4: Closer
Chapter 5: Shopping
Chapter 6: Birth of Light
Chapter 7:"I Don't Want To be Alone."
Chapter 9: Patrol
Chapter 10: To Hide You (Away from the World)
Chapter 11: The Truth
Chapter 12: The Villainess and The Heroine
Chapter 13: Where Will I Be?
Chapter 14: Hand in Hand
Chapter 15: Found
Chapter 16: Lily
Chapter 17: No Clue At All
Chapter 18: Signs
Chapter 19: Light and Darkness
Chapter 20: This Is My Family
Chapter 21: Two Pasts

Chapter 8: The Light Likes to Sit on Darkness' Lap

9.2K 421 100
By Fluffball88

A few months later...

"..."

Royce stared at the little one of his lap. The child was making a funny face at Royce, most likely enjoying his new spot to rest on, and that was Royce's lap. Royce really wondered and pondered over it. What is it you may ask?

Why does this child like me so much?

It was strange.

He barely spends time with the child because of his work, but the child is attached to him like a leech. He wondered what he could have done to earn such affection from the little elf who was playing with his fingers.

"...I'm not food."

The toddler giggles and bites Royce's hand.

Royce was sure he didn't smell like food.

He checked multiple times. Also, didn't Ash buy toys for him to play with and safely chew on? Why him!?

They were currently in Royce's office. The toddler was left in his office because Ash and Jill had to run some errands outside the Inn and the only one left who wasn't currently busy somehow was Royce. So here they were, in his office on the sofa.

"Why do you like me so much? Your mother keeps telling me you like me, but not so much the reason."

"Baa...baa...wah!"

Royce blinked at him.

"Truly understandable."

The toddler frowned and puffed out his cheeks, then bit Royce's hand more harshly, but Royce didn't feel a thing. The elven child was weak and the only thing Royce could feel was the child's slobber. "Then can you show me in actions?"

The toddler tilted his head at him.

Royce sighs. Other children found Royce scary, even adults. But how come this toddler did not find him the least bit intimidating? He even bites on Royce with no fear or shame whatsoever. Adult men cry in fear at the sight of Royce, and this child treats Royce as if he was a chew toy.

Royce thought about it and Lucius as well.

"...I respect that."

"Baa?"

"Brave little soul. You're sitting on Darkness' lap yet you are fearless."

"Buu...?"

Royce looked Lucius in the eye. "If your mother knew what I was, I wonder if I'll be able to see you again, actually, I believe your mother would never set foot into this humble inn."

"...Mama?"

"That's right. Your mother."

Lucius blinks. "Pa...pa?"

"...Where did you learn that word?" Royce sighs, being completely ignored at what he just stated a few moments ago. No, seriously though, where did Lucius learn such a word? "Lucius, I'm not your father."

"Hehe, Papa!"

"Where did you hear that from?"

"Papa!"

"Not me, Lucius. Who taught you Papa?"

"Ji...Ji! Ji!"

Jill, that brat.

Royce leans back on the sofa and shook his head dismissively. Jill could be a brat sometimes, but Royce was impressed at the fact Jill did not fear him as well, which made him grow a fondness for the young teen and gave her the job in the first place. "Lucius, I'm not your father."

"Fa?"

"I'm not your papa." Royce said sternly.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Don't you dare cry."

"Wuuhh...."

"Lucius, don't. Please."

"Waaa....WAAHHH!!!"

"Okay! Okay!" Royce sat up rubbed Lucius' back gently. "I'm sorry, don't cry."

Lucius pounded his little fist on Royce's chest and sniffled. The toddler was holding himself back from bursting any further. He looked up at Royce's rare panicked expression. He sensed the worry emitting from the darkness and frowned.

"So...wwu..."

"Are you saying sorry?"

Lucius nods.

Royce exhaled and gently caresses Lucius' head. "I apologize as well. But I'm really not your father, Lucius."

"Baaa...?"

"What are you trying to question, young man?"

Lucius hits Royce's chest.

"Papa!"

"...So determined."

"Ah! Papa! Papa!"

"...How am I going to explain this to your mother?"

"Mama! Papa!" Lucius brightens up when he heard one of his favorite words. Now he has two favorite words and he is sitting on one of them. Lucius laughs and snuggled into Royce's chest. Royce leans back on the sofa again and just lets Lucius lie on him. Hopefully Lucius gets sleepy so that he could return to work in a while.

"..."

"..."

After a while, he heard soft snores from the elven child. His eyes narrow down softly at Lucius. "How ironic...The light likes to sit on darkness' lap."

*Knock Knock Knock*

There were three gentle knocks on his office door. The door opens slightly and it was Ash who peeked in. Ash notices her child's sleeping form and quietly pushed the door open. She smiles at Royce as a thank you for looking after Lucius.

"How was he?"

"Bold as always."

"Hm, Lucius is a very energetic and bright child."

"Too sunny."

"But it's a good sign."

Ash carefully pulls away Lucius' hand that latched onto Royce's shirt. After a few minutes, she was finally able to lift Lucius and carry him in her arms. She let Lucius rest on her shoulder and underneath her chin, adjusting the child's neck so he didn't feel uncomfortable. "Thank you, boss."

"Don't worry about it."

Before Ash could leave, Royce called out to her once more.

"Actually, Lucius started to say a new word."

"Hm?" Ash hummed, excited to hear what kind of word Lucius learned. "What is it?"

"...Papa."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"D-Did he call you that?"

"Jill taught him too."

"...I see." Ash began to sweat and Royce could see it clearly. "Um, I apologize. I'll explain it to Lucius when he wakes up."

"He'll cry." Was Royce's reply.

He was right...He'll cry, but...

"I don't mind it. He'll grow out of it eventually soon." Royce explains, standing up and wiping his hand with a white cloth. "He'll figure it out when he grows up."

"You really don't mind boss?"

"At least he has a father figure, I believe that is important." Royce adds.

Ash blinks at Royce in surprise. She truly didn't expect this from Royce. "Thank you so much, Boss. You've done so much for us."

Royce waves his hand dismissively. "You've done well for this Inn as well. Thank you."

After a bit of small talk, Ash finally left to take care of Lucius. Royce makes his way over to his desk and sat down on his wooden chair. He looked over several documents, but after a while, his eyes stare at the sofa.

The light likes to drool on Darkness' sofa as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed this very very fluffy chapter! I'm open to any feedback! Thank you so much for reading, commenting and supporting this story! I'll see you guys on the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...