Duck Tales x oc

By Hydranga2

Duck Tales but with oc. Meet Elanor or Ella if you will. She isn't related (blood wise) to the family but she... More

About Ella
Woo-oo!
Escape To/ From Atlantis
Daytrip of Doom!
The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest
The Great Dime Chase!
Karaoke
The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
The House of Lucky Gander!
A/N
The Living Mummies of Toth Ra
McMystery at McDuck Manor
The Missing Links of Moorshire!
The Spear of Selene
Day of the Only Child
DuckTales Theme Song
The Golden Lagoon
Huey and Ella Day
Castle McDuck
Ella confronts Donald
Gizmoduck
Crash of the Sunchaser
The Shadow War!
The Most Dangerous Game... Night!
Notice
Sorry
OK
The Depths of Cousin Fethry!
Note

The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!

641 17 6
By Hydranga2

Season 1, Episode 8: The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!

Scrooge and Glomgold could be see staring intensely at each other.

Ella looks around the split room staying on Scrooge's side.

"Are we going to the store, or..." Huey trails off as he and Dewey watch on awkwardly.

"Quiet. I'm in the middle of a vision beast battle of the wills." Scrooge says dramatically not looking away from Glomgold.

"So, it's a staring contest." Dewey clarifies unimpressed.

Glomgold snaps at the boys annoyed, "It's not just a staring contest!" He starts to look at the boys "It's a-" Glomgold gasps and immediately snaps his attention back to Scrooge who never lost his scowl, "Nice try, McDuck, but your family bickering will never get me to look away. Never!" Glomgold yells at Scrooge.

"It's a  staring contest." Dewey states again.

The usher walks to the boys not noticing Ella walking along the ceiling with suction cups. "Excuse me, this are of the Duckberg Billionaires club is only for our elite members." The Usher states.

Huey and Dewey getting the hint, walk out the room annoyed.

"The creme de la creme, the  finest ducks in Duckberg." The Usher continues not noticing the boys not listening. 

They make it to the door as it opens and Huey gasps at the person who walked through, "Is that..?" 

"Yep." Mark Beaks whispers to him not looking up from his phone.

Huey and Dewey exit the room finally and Mark Beaks pulls up a chair between the two glaring ducks.

Ella once she was sure the coast was clear lands silently on her feet behind Scrooge's chair.

"Old guys, nice clubhouse you've got here. Got a real 'I'm so rich I don't care how I look' quality about it. Rich peeps!" Mark Beaks takes a selfie with the still glaring men. "I'm tagging us." Mark Beaks says.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Glomgold asks without looking away from Scrooge.

"Seriously, Mark Beaks? Founder and CEO of Waddle? Haha. Soon-to-be newest addition to the Duckberg Billionaires Club. C'mon!" Mark Beaks said before showing off his bank account balance, almost reaching one billion dollars. 
Glomgold shoves it aside without breaking eye contact with Scrooge.

"Aaaand creator of the newest tech innovation, project 'Ta-Dah!'? It's everything you think it is, and nothing you're expecting. I'll flip you mu peep deeds so you can follow my updates." Mark Beaks keeps talking.

Ella now standing, perched on the back of Scrooge's chair, narrows her eyes at Mark Beaks, she sneaks behind him and scans him with her watch.

"Fraud. Fraud." Her watch says after scanning him.

"I don't understand half of those words." Scrooge says not looking away from Glomgold.

"Woah, weird. I wouldn't have thought you 'successful guys' would be so behind the times. Allow me to take to the future." Mark Beaks changes the music to a remix version of the bagpipe music, "Reeeemmmmmiiiiix!" And Airhorn noise, "Pew-pew-pew-pew!" Mark Beaks says copying it, The music builds up, "Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it,.." The Beat drops. "Oooooooohhhh!" Mark Beaks cheers.

Ella face palms and leaves out the room eager for something to eat.

She exits and sees Huey and Dewey near a armor stand.

"That was Mark Beaks! He's right in there!" Huey fanboys, "Oh man, I'm almost breathing the same air as him," Huey inhales, "Oh, ingenuity." Huey gushes.

Dewey manages to remove the weapon from the armor stand, while Ella rolls her eyes at Huey.

"Don't breath his air," She scold him, "You'll catch his stupidity." 

"C'mon, like I couldn't be a young influential business guy!" Dewey says uses the weapon to remove the helmet of the armor.

"Hahah, oh." Huey chuckles in a shallow manner.

"What?" Dewey asks offended.

"Oh, oh... you were serious? It's just... you're more the 'crazy, irresponsible, fun guy' than the 'serious, brilliant, successful guy.'" Huey says gesturing to the closed doors.

Dewey offended narrows his eyes at his triplet, 
You don't know! At least I'm not the guy who reads about people who do stuff guy. I could be a bigger deal than Beaks in three years tops." Dewey defends himself.

The armor collapses and the usher glares at them from over his desk.

Dewey turns to the usher sheepishly, "I'll pay for that in three years. I am very sorry." Dewey apologizes.

Ella silently sips her bottled milk tea and goes back inside the room where the Billionaires minus Mark Beaks were still glaring at each other.

Ella places a bottle of green tea on Scrooge's lap before going over to a section of the room to read some of the books of his adventures.

**theme song**

The boys look up upon hearing the door open and see Mark Beaks exiting backwards, "Keep making dat money, ya'll see you at two billion and counting." The door closes and Mark Beaks turns around with a scornful look, "Stuck-up old Money duddies. Don't even have a social media presence." Mark Beaks grumbles.

Mark Beaks walks pass the boys, "Mr. Beaks, I'm Dewey, future astronaut, president, and-"
"CAN YOU SIGN THIS? YOU'RE MY HERO AND A GENIUS!" Huey interrupts him.

Mark looks up from his phone, "Genius?" He says surprised before turning to the boys, "You two! I like how much you like me, that shows real smarts." Mark says writing his autograph on Huey's magazine.

"How shallow can you get?" Ella mutters from the ceiling causing them all to look up and see her standing upside down on the ceiling above them in spy gear.

"Come by the offices and I'll hook you up with a tour. Maybe even an after-school job?" Mark Beaks, before mimicking the air horns.

"You mean it?" Huey asks excited.

"Sure, why not?" Dewey said not really caring.

"Amazing-soft. I'll text you. Internship starts manana." Mark Beaks says before exiting the building not looking from his phone.

Ella shakes her head and goes back into the room to see Scrooge and Glomgold's eyes have gone red.

"Och, wallow in the..." Glomgold grumbles.

"What? Did you say something?" Scrooge yells at him.

"I was just grumbling!" Glomgold yelled back.

"Well, do it louder!" Scrooge yells at him.

"THEN IT'S NOT GRUMBLING!" Glomgold says fed up.

"You're eye sight is leaving you, therefore your hearing should be getting better. So why is it that you both are having a hard time hearing? Why are you yelling?" Ella ask rhetorically as she jotted down notes.

Ella then remembers that the music was still playing in the background. "Oh, never mind." Ella says scratching out her theory.

"Gah, I hate this music!" Glomgold says.

"We've got to do something about new guy." Scrooge tells him.

"Haven't broken eye contact for 1 hour and 5 minutes." Ella writes on her notebook after checking her stop watch.

"I never had mousse pie!" Glomgold says misunderstanding Scrooge.

"They are in front of each other, and I can hear them clearly over the music but they can not hear each other. Possible reasons include: Age, strain, or the need to clean out their ears." Ella states out loud as she continues to jot notes.

"No, new guy!" Scrooge says.

"Oh. Agreed! Let's get rid of him." Glomgold agrees.

"Glomgold is easily distracted compared to Scrooge, so he is more likely to break eye contact first. But Scrooge has the tendency to distract in other ways also, but is more along the stubborn side. Both most likely will have a hard time seeing if they don't have eye drops. Luckily I brought some." Ella writes before turning to the men.

"Great, now I want pie!" Glomgold looks away from Scrooge to ring the bell before realizing what he did.

Scrooge smirks at Glomgold while Ella marks down another tally on the chalkboard she had placed between them.

"Glomgold loses. Which was to be expected.

"Wait, no!" Glomgold says aghast.

Scrooge jumps out his chair, pride written all over his face, "Ha! See you tomorrow, Flinty." Scrooge says strutting out the room with Ella following not too far behind.

** The next day

Ella and Scrooge walk into the billionaires club and cover their ears from how loud the music that, Mark Beaks left on yesterday, was.

"Turn that nonsense off!" Scrooge yells to Glomgold.

Glomgold who was behind a projector turns to them, "I already tried, it's impossible." He yells back.

Scrooge hits a wall button with his cane and the music stops.

Glomgold stands to his feet and runs past Scrooge and Ella, "Well how was I supposed to know the on button and off button were the same button?" Glomgold says.

"I wonder how you function through life sometimes." Ella muttered as she and Scrooge look down at a pizza box.

"Did you sleep here last night?" Scrooge asks him.

Glomgold lowers a screen for a projector.

"Don't be ridiculous. Who can sleep when you're plotting against your nemesis?" Glomgold asks Scrooge before running up to him and Ella.

"That cocky Mark Beaks may be the only man I hate as much as you." Glomgold told Scrooge.

"I know the feeling." Scrooge told him narrowing his eyes at Glomgold as Glomgold jumps into his chair.

"SO now I propose that we get rid of him." Glomgold says clapping his hands to turn the lights off and turns on the projector.

Scrooge places Ella in his chair and they both stare at the projection.

"Do we really need a slide show?" Ella asks.

"Heh, sweet, naïve, child who's name i don't remember. Leave the devious planning to the professionals. You're in my world now, McDuck." Glomgold says with pride.

"Alright show us what you got." Scrooge says annoyed.

"No, you're actually on my side of the room." Glomgold says gesturing to Scrooge's one foot that was on Glomgold's side of the room.

Scrooge slowly slides his foot to his side of the room annoyed.

"Petty." Ella mutters.

**

ANd lo she shall pay for his arrogance as his world crumbles around him, and Beaks will ruse the day he heard the name Flintheart Glomgold!" Glomgold let's out a sinister laugh as thunder crashes around him, waking Scrooge and Ella, before turning to the exhausted Ella and Scrooge who were both slumped in the arm chair, "Oh, and Scrooge McDuck and his little lass. I guess."

"Oh, are you finished?" Scrooge asks between yawning, Ella who had fallen asleep across the top of his chair and was using his hat as a pillow, stretches.

"What? Every evil plot starts with a declaration of hatred speech! Oh, you have so much to learn." Glomgold says shaking his head at Scrooge as Ella checks her phone for text messages.

Louie: Ella, have you seen my rich bad guy tie? Me and Webby are playing mafia again.

Momma Ella (What Louie has Ella saved as on his phone): Check your top drawer. And be careful playing Mafia, you know how into it you guys can get.

Louie: Thanks, Ella. See you when you get home. :)

Ella checks her messages from Huey and sees he left a lot of them before deciding to check Dewey's first.

Dewey: Ella this internship at Waddle is legit awesome, they have free snow cones. FREE SNOW CONES!

Ella shakes her head in amusement.

Sis (What Dewey has Ella save as on his phone): Glad you're enjoying it, be careful not to ruin your appetite.

Dewey: Will do see ya laterz ;)

Ella then checks her text messages from Huey.

Huey: This internship is pretty cool. I have no doubt I'll win this.

Huey: Starting to have doubt, Dewey seems to get along with everyone

Huey: How is it that Dewey is getting ahead, I'm the smart one. Am I doing something wrong?

Ella's eyes go wide at this, more messages from him going into specifics are what she reads, as Glomgold goes over the plan.

Ella <3 (What Huey has Ella saved as on his phone): Huey, relax, you got this. Dewey loses interest in things quickly like the time we were making sandwiches for a picnic and he left half way through. Can't imagine him doing a internship job that takes patience.

Huey who was texting Ella at his internship desk takes a deep breath.

Huey: You're right Ella I should try to remain calm. I've got this in the bag. Mark Beaks won't know what hit him. See you later or when I need to vent again. XoXo (Huey erases the xoxo before Ella could see them).

Ella looks up at the plan as Glomgold goes over the plan, "Behold. Our Scheme to destroy Beaks begins with an invitation to a billionaire's convention on a yacht. We'll tell him we're going, but then we won't show. First Slam!" Glomgold says smirking.

"Seems unnecessary." Scrooge says tired and annoyed.

"Especially the part with the yacht." Ella speaks up from above him.

"Emotionally devastated Beaks will seek solace and drown his sorrows at the buffet!" Glomgold explains.

"A yacht and a buffet for one person, I'm not paying for that." Scrooge says.

"Fine, we'll use my yacht. Now, distracted by delicious shrimp. Beaks won't realize he's being sailed into an active volcano, where it will get so hot, he'll jump into the yacht's pool, which unbeknownst him will be filled with sharks!" Glomgold cheers.

"Where did the sharks come from?" Scrooge asks confused.

"I've got a great shark guy." Glomgold tells Scrooge.

"I know Beaks is stupid but not that stupid. IF he was travelling toward a volcano there would have to be an island so it won't be super hot unless the volcano was erupting. Second, he could just turn the yacht around if he was afraid of the volcano. Third, if it's hot and your sailing toward a supposedly active Volcano, you'd not only notice from the sounds of said volcano but you'd turn the yacht around to avoid it. Fourth-" Ella begins ranting only for Glomgold to shove her off Scrooge's chair to shut her up.

Scrooge grabs Glomgold's arm and throws him back into his chair, "Not only are you now on my side of the room but you're attacking a little girl, a thousand times smarter then you!" Scrooge says outraged that Glomgold thought he had the right to even touch Ella.

Scrooge helps Ella up and sits her on the arm rest of his chair.

"Beaks will be so terrified by the sharks, he'll forget he's in the volcano, and jump blindly into the lava! All while we watch from a bridge above." Glomgold says proudly ignoring the glare Ella and Scrooge were giving him.

"Wait, wait. I thought we wanted to boot him out of our club, not kill him. Although you have tries to kill me countless times, which usually ends up being more annoying than deadly." Scrooge tells Glomgold.

"Not only that but what is your yacht made of for it to be able to sit in a volcano. How do you even plan to get it in the volcano without Mark Beaks noticing?" Ella asks confused regretting her decision to come with Scrooge.

"That's right, I'm a genius. Now pay attention cause this is where it gets complicated, "Glomgold says ignoring their input causing the two to roll their eyes with a groan.

***

Ella looks down at her phone and sees a text message from Dewey.

Dewey: Ella SOS Huey's lost it!

Ella's eyes widen as she and Scrooge walk into the room after having gotten lunch.

Sis: Remain calm and let him tire himself out, he'll see reason in a matter of seconds.

They are met with the disturbing sight of Glomgold cooing and kissing a shark tank, "Who loves being a part of my twisted, evil plot? You, yes you do." Glomgold coos at the squished shark.

"Why on earth should we ever need this?" Scrooge asks pointing at a stuffed bunny.

"Well, how else is Beak's going to know he's at the annual carrot festival? You clearly didn't understand the plan. Let's start from the beginning. Behold-" Glomgold goes over to his projector.

"No!" Scrooge says running up to stop him only to accidently kick a box, where a slide tray rolls out of it, Ella picks it up, "Backstabbing Scrooge: Version 3" Ella reads out loud.

Both Ella and Scrooge look to Glomgold unimpressed, "What's this?"

"Oh, i-it's nothing!" Glomgold says embarrassed.

Scrooge goes over to the project the slides, revealing Glomgold's plan to make Scrooge and Ella fall into the same lava that Beaks would jump into.

Ella hears her phone ring with Huey's ringtone and prays he didn't kill Dewey.

Huey: Ella, you were right Mark Beaks is a fraud and now he's in danger! What do I do?!

Ella <3: For one calm down, if he dies, not many will miss him. Huey, you are big brain, use the big brain. Also is Dewey still alive?

Huey: Oh, Dewey's fine. You're right I'll have to be the one to save him. Wish me luck

Huey takes a deep breath before coming up with a quick plan

Ella <3: Good Luck, Big Brain :)

"This whole thing is a trap for me and Ella, isn't it?" Scrooge asks turning to him unimpressed as Ella puts her phone away.

"Whaaaaat?" Glomgold squeals, "Nooooo. Of course not. Your new best friend would neeever..." Glomgold says causing Scrooge to look at each other before heading to the door.

Glomgold calls out to them, "No, stay right there." AN axe falls off, but misses both Ella and Scrooge.

"Uh, thank goodness you moved at the last minute or you would have been destroyed by the axe." Glomgold says upon noticing his plan failed.

"How long have you been planning that one? More than six months?" Ella mocks placing her hands on her hips.

"I don't want to say." Glomgold says stubbornly.

"I can't believe I waster a whole day obsessing over someone I don't like, and it nearly got us killed. Who am I? You? Ugh. Have fun with your new nemesis. I'm going to go beat you both by actually being a better Billionaire." Scrooge rants as he and Ella head for the door.

To add salt to the wound Ella turns the music back on and louder on her way out.

"Come on Ella, let's go get some crepes." Scrooge says as the door closes behind them.

***

The boys rush up to Ella and Scrooge whom were eating crepes and milk tea in front of Waddle.

"You guys won't believe the day we had today!" Dewey told them as Scrooge hands him a crepe.

Ella passes Huey her bottle of Milk tea as Dewey tells them what happened during the internship today.

Huey drinks the last bit of the milk tea and let's out a sad sigh.

"What's up nerd?" Ella asks him nudging him.

"I can't believe I went berserk like that, I should have been happy for Dewey. This is the longest I've seen him interested in a office job." Huey sighs as Scrooge and Dewey walk ahead.

Ella places a hand on his shoulder, "It's fine, it's your first office job too, and it didn't sound like you had much fun either." Ella told him.

Huey looks at her, "Plus that guy wasn't too smart compared to you anyway. He takes credit for other people's work and posts on social media the entire time." Ella explained to him showing him Mark Beaks' social media.

"You subscribed to him?" Huey asks surprised.

"Ew, no. I have my own social media page and he wants me to befriend him after seeing some of my restoration and inventing videos on YouTube." Ella told Huey showing him an example.

"Ugh, I'll never understand you Ella." Huey says throwing an arm around her causing them both to laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.5K 19
Louie always had inner demons, but when they start to get worse, Louie questions not only his bad side but his good side. (Contains: bad thoughts, b...
778 33 8
Two years! I've been in the DTU for two years now, and have loved every second of it! Things seem to be going great for me, Shayla, Wade, the Mc/Duck...
19.8K 491 10
With the invasion over and Lunaris defeated, everything was getting back to normal. At least, that's what Charlotte thought. F.O.W.L., the Fiendish O...
12.1K 227 16
After a particularly boring day at the Bin, Scrooge finds himself looking after three pre-teen boys who happen to be his nephews. Great, just what he...