Sora and the World of Zootopia

By JakeRutigliano

Sora, Donald and Goofy travel to a world where anthropomorphic animals thrive as civilized beings called Zoot... More

Welcome to Zootopia
Bunny Beginner
Morgana McCawber
Meter Maid
Baloo
Foxy Felon
The Case of the Missing Otter
Sloth Motor Vehicle Division
The Miniscule Mr. Big
Jaguar Gone Wild
A Friend in City Hall
One Otter Out of the Cookoo's Nest
The True Nature of Dawn Bellwether
Predator vs. Prey: The Big Finish
Hopps and Wilde: Partners in Law

Big Trouble in Little Rodentia

50 4 0
By JakeRutigliano

Duke Weaselton seemed like the very specimen of criminal birth who judging by his undershirt and blue shorts with red in white lines was living in an apartment he could not afford. He thought of playing football with some neighborhood kids and providing them with a hot lunch of meatloaf, but they thought he looked like a serial killer and he wasn't much of a cook. He was more of a crook, who stole anything required by the services of anyone who needed his sly skills and sharp tongue, sourced from watching too many crime films and TV shows, maybe even novels about psychological and criminal thrillers. Although he was elusive, he was unable to escape the many claws and knives that gave him a few scars and bent his whiskers.

He was sitting there, watching the kids from his couch when the telephone rang. He picked it up into his left ear.

"Hello?"

The line that came from the other side sounded very...clownish and pedophilic...perhaps weird.

"Hellooooo, Dukey."

The sound of it nearly made Duke cringe.

"Quackers?"

"Yes, it's me, old Quackers from St. Canard. How are things going in the field of pirating DVDs?"

"Fine," Duke gulped. "And what about your toys? Are they...selling well?"

"That's just what I wanted to talk to you about. Someone's tried to make off with my supply of night howlers. I don't know why they couldn't just take one from a store, but one might think that they were trying be...discreet. You haven't been stealing from me, have you?"

Threatening undertones came from "Quackers'" voice caused Duke to quiver. Holding his tank top with his right hand, he stuttered at first, then regained composure.

"No. I haven't."

"You know what happens to double-crossers, Dukey, death by toy is just one of my...HOBBIES!"

Then the voice let out a crazed cackle that was slow with momentum, climaxing with some small giggles at the end before it turned darker than before.

"Now listen up, Wiesel, you're gonna get me a new batch of night howlers since the ones I've planted have probably gone stale by now. So why don't you tell your landlord that someone got put in the hospital and you need to be there for them. And let's keep this between us, shall we? Bad things happen to dickwads who squeal. Capisce?"

Duke nodded slowly. The laugh had taken a lot out of him and was being etched in his memory over the fear of what could happen should he fail. He would rather face jail than meet death in the criminal underworld.

"Yes."

"Good, see you."

The line hung up.

Duke knew that now was not the time to laze around like a couch potato, there was a job that needed to be finished. Immediately, he swept off his feet and headed straight for the elevator, waiting impatiently for it to take him to the ground floor and ran out before the landlord, a muskrat with a cupid's arrow tattoo on his right cheek, could demand his rent. He knew the perfect store to find flowers and he had always been its "number one customer" there.

On Cherry Street, Judy began day two of meter maid with some angry feedback. A moose in a purple cardigan who owned a gold Cord roadster was shouting to her with a snort.

"That was thirty fucking seconds over!"

Judy's tired expression could not comply with his anger, but her own disappointment. Even Sora, Donald and Goofy were losing their touch, and they had only been in Zootopia for no more than three days as of now. When the brown spiky haired panther handed his own ticket to the toy sized Isetta painted in a very pastel green, the female mouse who owned the car, held the ticket in her left hand, knowing that it too was late. Her reply was sardonic.

"You're a real hero, panther!"

A seven-year-old female hippo in a blue shirt with red collars and gold stars on the sleeves had a similar complaint when Donald gave her and her mother's blue van a ticket that was also late.

"My mommy says she wishes you were dead."

Her mother did not scold her for being so rambunctious, she just took her right arm and stomped away.

Goofy, always the clumsy type, left ten tickets on any car he saw fit. Only three of their parking spaces were expired and the six other drivers were shouting expletives of "RETARD!" at him for his idiocrasy. "Retard" was a foul, almost profane substitute for words like "idiot", and while Goofy could take the latter, the former word was boggling his ears to the point of breaking down into tears. Anymore and it possibly would have driven him to suicide.

At the Flora & Fauna Florist Shop, Judy walked slowly back to her vehicle, sitting down with defeat by slamming her forehead against the steering wheel at the start of each sentence.

"I am a real cop. I am a real cop. I am a real cop."

"I suggest taking their words with a grain of salt," said Sora, sitting down in the passenger seat next to her. "It's like Bonkers said, you'll get promoted."

At the moment he said "promoted", a ring from the door came and Sora's blue eyes caught a quick flash of the weasel in a tank top and night blue shorts with red and white lining and holding a large rusty red satchel on his back. A male pig in a light purple top with small morning glories decorated and the words "Flora & Fauna" in pink red cursive on the upper right section came shaking the vehicle with both hands. Sora, taken by surprise, looked at the pig whose name was Franklin Hogg shouting.

"MY SHOP'S BEEN ROBBED!"

Sora could see the weasel skittering away as fast as he could, jumping out of the vehicle and summoning the Kingdom Key Chain in his right hand. He could still hear Franklin shouting to Judy.

"ARE YOU A REAL COP OR NOT?!"

Judy's large ears picked up his words and they moved quickly into her brain like the pulses of electro-shock therapy breaching her cerebral cortex, spreading to the sagittal plane then covering her entire cerebral hemisphere. It seemed to provide her with the energy that she needed for this exciting, but forthcoming chase.

"Yes!" was what she said to Franklin and removing her hat, followed by her vest with no intention of making a meter maid do an officer's work, she flung into the street flanked by Donald and Goofy, smiling as the wind seemed to carry her to the destiny that she truly and rightfully deserved. She gained on Sora and the weasel through a tight street shouting "Stop!" twice on each footsteps that landed on the pavement. Seeing her badge (and her species), the weasel shouted back.

"Catch me if you can, cottontail!"

As they reached for the open, Sora's hands were close to his tail. He shot himself forward, intending for hands to yank the weasel's tail, but Judy's all-too-soon involvement allowed the weasel to give him a boost while trying to balance the stolen load. Instead Sora landed on his chin, sliding twelve feet before the crowd of animals near the park where City Hall lay just ahead with its tower of African rock lurking over Zootopia, proud and tall in the glory of the officials residing in it. Judy, on the other hand, slid past him and continued her way to the tracks of the metro trains while Donald and Goofy helped Sora to his feet.

The weasel glided left and right, sliding under a male elephant and found himself freaking out at the sight of a Lamborghini Urus police car, its siren blaring loudly enough to send him running under the car and far away from their sight. Officer McHorn stepped out from the driver's seat with a Motorola microphone to his mouth.

"This is Officer McHorn, we got a ten-thirty-one—"

He was interrupted by Judy leaping onto the roof of the car in spectacular performance followed by the trinity of newcomers. She shouted "I got dibs!" while sliding down the rear window and falling over the rear bumper with a "Woo-hoo!" while raising her arms in the air.

"Tell them that Officer Hopps is in pursuit!"

Officer McHorn did so and little did Judy know was that she was likely to get in deep shit with the chief.

Nearly colliding with a screeching light green Citroën DS, the weasel ran himself in a line of fire from Donald's mage staff when he fired "Freeze!" at the weasel's tail. But, unfortunately, the weasel was too quick for a spell of any power and he raced his way towards a gated community with the sign "Little Rodentia" at the bottom of the wall. With one big leap, he pushed the satchel over the wall and dived to the entrance. Three mice went out of their way to let him through. The weasel then straightened himself up with open hands and the satchel made a perfect landing in his hands. He continued on, laughing to himself.

While Sora, Donald and Goofy leaped over the fence, Judy performed the same tactics as the weasel, she slid under the entrance and stopped, looking around at her surroundings. She felt like a giant in a monster film at this miniature, scale model version of Zootopia's urban communities where smaller creatures of the rodent family lived in harmony. There were miniature cars, shops and houses that were obviously too large for her or her companions to enter, but look through. Three blocks away, she could see the bag "floating" above the rooftops, a dead giveaway of the culprit.

"You!"

They ran off as Officer McHorn reached the gate.

"Hey! Meter maid! Wait for the real cops!"

Judy had apparently not heeded his words, she and the three explorers slid their way, avoiding the cars and pedestrians that made a quick retreat at the giants entering their world where size was normal for a mouse. Even the weasel found it difficult as his feet crashed through two trucks, a pastel blue one on his left and a pink orange one on his right. Skating through and ignoring the screams of the drivers, he laughed back at Sora, Judy, Goofy and Donald and shoved the cars off before jumping.

His leap took him in the alley way between the number eight and nine apartment buildings. Number nine was in green, while number eight was in orange. He hoisted the satchel to the top of the buildings and flipped around just as his quartet of would be catchers had a chance to grab a piece of his clothing while he was still in the alley. By the time Judy reached him, he was heading west towards the tracks of the el train that ran the entire length of the community. Judy jumped up when he reached the tracks, yet the momentum he had put into his leap had caused the white colored four story apartment building to topple from its foundations, creating the domino effect of crashing down in a pile of bricks. One mouse, doing exercise in a hamster wheel in the apartment on the left of the white one, started to slide downwards, watching the equipment fall. Judy, leaping slowly, was able to stop the domino effect by placing the back of her upper body on the green building and pushing her feet against the orange apartment. Screams from its occupants filled her ears and it took nearly all of her strength and pendulum to straighten the buildings. The three passed her by, while she found herself on tiptoe against the panicking residents.

When they came to the tracks, two blasts of a horn informed her than an electric train was approaching. With a great leap, Judy sprung out of the way, landing back on the tracks to watch the weasel flip the bird at her with his left middle finger.

"Bon voyagie, flatfoot!"

Nobody gives me the finger! Judy was now enraged and she ran after him.

Sora, having landed back on the street with his entourage, followed her from behind, not expecting the transportation tubes that lay ahead. The tubes seen on the main street of Little Rodentia were in various colors of indigo, yellow, crimson and bottle green and were often used as quicker ways for executives to travel between two buildings without the inconvenience of traffic, even during rush hour. When the weasel had seen them, he had performed a series of acrobatic tricks that came with his sly, fast skills. He ducked at the indigo, lowered his upper body sideways to the right while holding the bag at the yellow, slantways to the left at the red and with his upper body to the roof of the train while carrying the bag in his feet at the green. He laid like a model when he came to a purple set of tubes, but he didn't expect to see Judy, who had taken a shortcut, hanging upside down from the arch of yellow tubes. Her hands gripped the weasel's neck, choking him to the point of nearly popping his eyes out. Sora, watching her from the top of the white building with some green window shades and roof decals with Donald and Goofy cheered her on for what looked like the final steps of the weasel, who while in Judy's grip, was hoisted into the air.

The weasel, grip finally released from the satchel went up by ten feet before his back came to The Big Donut restaurant and toppled over before he came to the other side. The satchel lay near the front, attracting a crowd of curious onlookers. Other pedestrians fled the scene and cars that had stopped before The Big Donut had screeched to a stop in jackknifed positions while others on their right hand side of the street lane went the right of way. The weasel, his feet lying on the edge of the donut shoppe, then looked up at his four pursers.

"STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!"

Even though he had stopped, Judy couldn't help but say something that made her feel like a strong minded and independent female even without her male companions. The weasel seeing the opportunity, shouted.

"Have a donut, bitch!"

And his feet pushed the donut off of its stand. Mice scrambled to get away from the donut as Judy yelled and dived down the avenue. Sora jumped to the blue building on his right side while Goofy and Donald scaled the equal building on the left. Judy even found the satchel waiting in front of her eyes and grabbed for it before the weasel could reach it, leaving her three assistants to wonder about the bouncing donut heading down the avenue.

Eighteen meters away on the pedestrian crossing in front of Mousey's, a well-known department store that sold the latest in fashion, accessories, furniture and cosmetics among other details, a trinity of female shrew, Fru Fru Shrewney, Madeleine and Jemima were just leaving from an hour long shopping spree for what was to be her wedding to a fine mouse who had enough riches to support herself and the remaining members of her extended family. Fru Fru had a tall set of black hair matching her eyes and wore a sour green dress with gold earrings, a pearl necklace and sharp teeth that was almost uncommon for a female shrew. She carried two bags in each arm from an earlier trip at Targoat. Madeleine wore a white floppy hat with an iceberg blue band that corresponded with her own dress embroidered with green leaves and white dandelions and carried one bag in each arm. Jemima, who also wore a floppy hat, covered her body in a lemon dress, and like her friend Madeleine, she was carrying one Targoat bag in each hand. As they were leaving the store, Fru Fru was gossiping giddily over the details of her wedding as well as other things to purchase later on for tonight.

"Oh my Gawd, did you see those leopard print jeggings?"

Madeleine saw it first, followed a split second later by Jemima at the sound of thunder belonging to the runaway donut. In near-synchronization, the two girls screamed and fled for their lives, leaving behind a confused Fru Fru, who could not understand their reactions until it was too late. Turning her head by one hundred and twenty degrees, she saw the large donut bouncing straight towards her in a menacing threat to crush her. Screaming, Fru Fru could see her life on fast-forward (in other words, watching her life flash before her eyes) and cowered with shut eyes, ready to accept her fate. It was Goofy who saved the day with his shield. He held it in his right hand, flung it, released it at the exact angle and it flew to the donut at the pace of a race car, it made contact with the side just as it was about three inches away from bringing Fru Fru's life to a messy end. The blow it delivered was so hard that it sent the donut flying towards the gate where it remained there, four feet above the ground. In the true fashion of a Frisbee, the shield came back to Goofy and when Fru Fru saw her saviors waving at her, she shouted.

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome!" cried Judy from afar. "Love your hair."

"Now for the weasel."

After he said this, Sora raised his Keyblade five inches above his head at the panicked weasel and swung it down. The teeth crashed into the weasel's crown and he collapsed, lying on his back who no blood leaking from the blow. Judy was fortunate that the weasel was unconscious, as it would have been considered a crime for Sora to murder another criminal in spite of the weasel's record since he was obviously not an official policeman. She then high fived the three and carried the unconscious weasel to police station along with the satchel.

Emmeline Otterton had been speaking with Clawhauser when she arrived. The female otter wore a periwinkle shirt with a lavender sweater of a dress and had green eyes contrasting with her brown fur. Simply put she was a homemaker with two boys, Arnie and Corey, to support while she tried to find a job for extra money. During her travels, she had known that her husband Emmitt was late when she made a spaghetti dinner ten days ago and decided to seek counsel with the Chief for anything revolving around Emmitt. She was surprised when Duke Weaselton came flying in through the doors, thanks to Sora, who set the bag alongside him. He was flanked by Judy, who flew in like a regular superheroine, declaring loudly.

"I popped the weasel!"

Three floors above her however, Chief Bogo came stomping up to the walled railing and it was Donald and Goofy who were the first to notice him just before the very second he shouted.

"HOPPS! MY OFFICE! NOW!"

Judy concealed her eyes with her left hand. All she could do in this tight situation was mutter.

"Shit."

However, if the confrontation went well, or worse, she would have two options: demotion or suspension.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 1 26
In Zootopia where anyone can be anything some things are still forbidden. Judy is confronted with a choice between suffering the consequences of prot...
25.6K 561 20
Zootopia A heaven like city that big dreamers go. Like Judy Hopps! It's also a place where... Well, has the most interesting sort of population. No...
449K 12.8K 73
[BOOK 2 NOW INCLUDED] Nick Wilde is hopelessly in love with the magnificent Judy Hopps, and wants to claim her as his own. But it's not easy to be th...
156 3 2
When Nick and Judy travel to Bunnyburrow to visit her dying great-grandfather, a terrible story is uncovered that could usher in a world of misery on...