CLEMENCY, CORPSE HUSBAND

By enwuss

Mei, a 20 year old streamer that goes by the tag Bride decides to message her number neighbor. (to clarify i... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
bonus
bonus#2, rot

36

9.6K 324 146
By enwuss

him.

Mei
i'm sorry
i didn't mean what i said
i just
fuck
Mei please text me
i love you i do
i promise

Fields of delicate flowers that were spread across the green plains, made even the most hardworking people stop and look.

Didn't matter who they were, these flowers were for all.

From a housewife to a business woman.

A twenty-one year old streamer.

Which didn't have much difference at all.
Because people are so alike.

But somehow she still didn't understand him. She gazed down at the vibrant flowers. Hoping for a sign that could guide her.

Nothing.

Not even going outside made her feel better. After stupidly searching on the internet, asking what she could do to reach a decision.

Fresh wind hit her softly.

Go outside — they said

silently observe.

you'll know what to do.

lies

Is it so wrong for me to believe that everyone around me are liars?

If that's all I know and hear.

Once you realize not everything being said is the truth, you overthink every word that go past their lips. Your mind goes through various what if's and the words that may seem to be innocent show deeper meaning to you.

And once you do figure out the real feelings behind their words, you start to crack. Usually It's something you don't expect and you don't really see the crack until it's too late. No time to heal, to fix yourself.  So, eventually you completely shatter.
And die.

Look at me — I'm miserable

would you do anything for love?

yes?

think to yourself, is it really worth it?

is love worth it?

I'm not angry at him. I just don't understand him nor myself. Hadn't I done the same to him beforehand? After idiotically confessing my stupid, stupid feelings for him. I took it back as If I had stolen his favorite toy.

"Haha sorry... I didn't mean to."

I treated it like a joke.

Am I a hypocrite?

Yes — Yes you fucking are

But what he said hurt-

Mei.

What?

Don't be childish.

Okay, okay. I'm sorry.

help me

don't you see how much i'm struggling?

can't someone just tell me what to do?

it hurts

why does everything have to be so complicated?

why do we all need to suffer just to feel loved for once?

why isn't anything free in this world?

why why why

i'd rather die than know the truth.

the truth? — there is no truth

there has to be — if there's no truth than what have i been living for?

nothing

then, how do i make my life worth something?

you're worthless.

just like love?

yes

love is only a chemical reaction.

Mei watched as Corpse blew up her phone. Message from message popping up on her screen.

Her feet still walking, taking her wherever it would take her.

him.

Mei
why are you just reading
stop leaving me on read
talk to me
please
i want to see you

what

oh thank god
Mei can we talk
in person...
please
i promise you i won't waste your time
i just want to talk to you in person

Id rather not

mei please
i know i fucked up
but i just want to see you
even if it's the last time
i love you

why do you keep lying to me?
like you said before. you don't love me so i don't understand why you're saying you do. you said not even 24 hours ago that you don't fucking love me. you told me to leave, you didn't want me there. Now what? You regret it, is that it? You miss me? You want to see me and what? Tell me you love me and then it'll be okay? is that what'll happen?

She typed out but she didn't send. Mei quickly deleted her message then sent a much shorter one.

talk?

yes
yes
can i come by your house?

talk about what though?

you know what.

i don't think i do

you do.

remind me then.

Mei

Corpse

There was some sort of tension coming off of their messages. Mei was obviously being petty on purpose but she thought Corpse was also upset with her.

i'm driving now.

don't waste your time.

i won't
thanks for your concern.

you're welcome.
i'm not even home

huh?

i'm outside

where are you?

hm

mei where the fuck are you?

i don't know where i am

She wasn't lying.

Mei had no idea where she was. She had wandered around, not thinking much of the destination. The light started to dim, the sun fading into the sky.

Sitting down in a field, alone. Surrounded by the very same flowers she had seen from far away before. The sound of water splashing against itself and gawks from seagulls, calling for their children to come back home for dinner along with chirping from crickets that were oh so annoying.

Her hands brushed over the flowers, It was much more beautiful up-close.

him.

Mei where are you?

like i said. i have no fucking idea now stop

i'm just worried

i was "just worried" too but you blew up on me. didn't you? yes

Corpse didn't respond instead he started face timing her, which he would never do. Mei sighed before picking up, raising her phone so he could stop worrying.

"Mei." He sighed in relief as she picked up.

He looked like he hadn't slept in days... Like he was stressed. But even so he was attractive. Though Mei was upset with him, she could never say he wasn't.

That would be lying.

And she had, had enough of lying.

"Raise your phone a bit more." He commanded and Mei rolled her eyes before listening.

"Okay. I- okay." His eyes lit up

"Did you need something?" asked Mei quietly, not looking at her screen.

"Yes." He replied which made Mei glance-back up. Sounds of his phone being filled with air started. But she soon realized he was running.

"Are you okay?" asked Mei in a higher pitched voice, worried. He didn't reply, he kept running.

"Corpse? Corpse? What are you running from?" Her voice cried. But Corpse never spoke, he just kept running. His breathing became heavier and heavier.

Mei stood up from off of the dock. Turning her head in all directions, trying to understand her location. She had never been here.

The call had ended.

Mei felt her stomach drop. She had no idea where she was and Corpse was running away from someone, something?

Her eyes started to blur, frantically searching for something familiar. Something that would lead her home. And she had to go see Corpse. She wondered If he was okay. Guilt absorbed her as she realized what was happening to him was because of her.

"Corpse." whispered Mei

"Corpse." spoke Mei, her breathing quickening fast.

"Corpse." cried out Mei.

"CORPSE." She screamed in a hoarse voice. Begging for his presence, her eyes still searching.

Before they landed on a familiar man who was running towards her with the most mesmerizing expression ever.

He soon reached her with stretched out arms. Embracing her with one swift motion.

"Corpse." mumbled Mei, her arms wrapping around him.

"I'm here."

The sound of his voice, breaking her.

"You're here." She croaked out, crying.

Oh how she missed his voice...

His touch

Him.

these flowers start to bloom for me and you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.4K 17
Dream and George are normal college students until an unexpected tragedy causes them to have to share dorms and then CHAOS ensues Sorry the descript...
44.3K 789 38
jack manifold x reader fanfic "you never realise how much the people closest to you can surprise you...until they do" "i guess so, but i really never...
15.7K 259 44
Just read the title, it explains everything. !No smut! Requests are open!!!
147K 3.7K 21
This is my first book so it's kinda shity. My first language isn't english so sorry if i wrote something wrong. Also, you can give your opinion about...