We are Costellos

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Book-2 of Costello series This is a sequel of the book "I'm a Costello" I would suggest to rea... More

A/N
Introduction
(1) One month
(2) Underground Battle
(3) Spies
(4) Lead
(5) Plan
(6) Auction
(7) Strategy
(8) Rescued
(9) Finally home (part 1)
(10) Finally home (part 2)
(11) Yup I'm dating
(12) Chilling Together
(13) Everyone knows
(14) Vladimir dies
(15) Back Home?
(16) Last night in Italy
(17) Squad's bigger now!
(18) Bandits gang
(19) Ben's sister?
(20) Claire meets everyone
(21) Unexpected Attack
(22) The Cobras
(23) Revelations
(24) Mock Fight
(25) Kai's birthday
(26) Chaos in Italy
(27) Attack
(28) Recover
(29) Recover (2)
(30) Angry
(31) Apology accepted
(32) Date
(33) The one after the date
(34) Squad shocked
(35) Killer's Identity
(36) Madison's secret
(37) Mission
(38) Shocking Revelations
(39) Madison Henry Diaz
(40) Family's Complete
(41) Youngest Diaz
(42) Matteo's birthday
(43) Celebration Continues
(44) Funday
(45) Happily saved
(46) One year
(47) Texas
(48) Lunch at Perry's
(49) Attack on Diaz
(50) Clouds of distress
(51) Proposal
(52) Marriage
(53) The special night
(54) Wedding gift
(55) Successful Attack
(56) Sick
(57) Max's birthday
(58) Twin bond
(59) Forced Deal
(60) Fight
(61) Meeting Henry
(62) Reunited Diaz family
(63) Revelation(s)
(64) Found him?
(65) Nicolas
(66) WAR- 1
(67) WAR- 2
(69) Reminiscence
(70) Awake
(71) The end
Bonus (1)
Bonus (2)
Bonus (3)
THANK YOU
A/N- (Interpretations/ Designs)

(68) Hospital

34.5K 985 1.3K
By _crazy_hooman_

A/N: Happy friendship day to everyone!

Also, this chapter will have multiple POV's!
*****************************

Enzo's POV:

My heart has never stopped like that and then suddenly picked up at a rapid pace at the next second.

It's not a feeling many experience and that's why not many understand even when they say they do.

There's no medicine for the pain my family and I were feeling right now. Literally no medicine.

Maybe one..my little sister gets all fine.

We're all in such a position where we need all of us to be together to help deal with the pain, but at the same time we all want to stay alone..if it make sense.

It's hard to describe.

"Val! Val please wake up!", Ales kept tapping Val's cheek in an attempt to wake her up.

We were in the car and Xander was driving crazy and for the first time I was not going to scold him for rash driving.

Valentina was laying in Ales's and Elijah's lap. Elijah was continuously trying to stop her bleeding while Ales was trying to wake her up.

Both on the verge of a breakdown.

"Please! Please bambina", Matteo cried profusely holding her hand.

"Xander she's getting pale! Drive faster!", Xavier bit his lip nervously looking at Val's pale face.

Xander was driving as fast as he could. He was crying a bit, but managing to hide it.

Some might think he's trying to not look weak in front of others. But I knew he was trying to look strong..not for himself, but for the family.

My heart was constricting looking at her like that. My hands were shaking as I try to help Elijah stop the bleeding from Val's hand.

"Almost there", Xander muttered pressing on the gas.

"Enzo put this cloth like this", Elijah said gently his voice wavering a bit.

I followed his instructions and tried to temporarily patch up Val.

None of us brothers were looking at each other. Just her with our hearts ready to pop out of our chests.

The car suddenly came to an abrupt stop with a loud screech causing us all to lose our balance for a second.

"Here", Xander frantically announced.

We roughly opened the doors and got out.

"Be careful with her!", Ben cautioned us holding Valentina's head.

We all got out of the car and rushed to help Ales get her out and ran towards the hospital.

From my peripheral vision I saw our cousins arrive in their cars too.
__________________________

Xander's POV:

I can't. I just can't.

It's a ground shaking situation. The moment you know that the one person among the many you love can possibly...

I can't...

It's not fucking easy to watch your little sister like that.

I have no idea how I managed to drive without losing control considering all the emotions I was feeling at that time.

I didn't want to cry in front of everyone, especially Xavier. I knew he will lose hope if I cry. That way he depended on me. But I still managed to shed some, because there's only so much a heart can take.

When I parked the car and everyone got out. I was the first to run to Ales to help him out and when I saw Valentina I was stunned.

She looked horrifying. She literally was covered in blood. Her face was pale as Xavier told me.

That moment for a second I almost lost it. I gulped and took a deep breath and we all ran inside the hospital.

But how can I fucking hold it in when I see my baby sister like that?

Only time will say what this incident is gonna do to us.
___________________________

Ben's POV:

I don't think I was feeling any less scared than my brother in laws.

I may not be Val's brother by blood, but I definitely love her like one. She is as important as Claire to me.

I've been there when she was born. To me she looked like an angel when I saw her with those baby doe eyes.

This angel changed her brother's lives without even knowing once she came back home to all of them. I kinda love that the most about her. Those brothers who hardly showed any emotion are now pouring their hearts.

I will never find out how my husband has still managed to focus on being more doc here than the brother. He hasn't cried yet, but I'm gonna be by his side when he does.

It won't be long..

My family is too dependent on one another for them to lose anyone. We can't live without the other.

I just hope I don't lose my sister. I care too much about her and my family to even think about a day like that to ever come across our lives.
__________________________

Elijah's POV:

Being a doctor is the most fucking hard job. For me it's harder than handling a mafia.

It's funny how when I'm in a mafia mode I'm killing people and when I'm in a doc mode I'm saving people.

It's crazy to deal with bullet wounds on a daily basis. But I knew how to deal with that, because I've been prepared for that.

But how the fuck am I supposed to be prepared to see my baby like that. HOW?!

It's not like this is the first time I'm seeing blood and life threatening injuries. But it always seems like the first time when I'm tending to my brother's or sister's injuries. Because I'm not fucking prepared!

I don't know how I was able to focus more on the injuries than the fact that she was getting paler by the second. The amount of blood she was losing was beyond concerning.

I've never been this scared in my life, because I know what such injuries can do. I hate being a doctor at these times.

I know this might sound confusing, because normally people think situations like these mean it's the best to be a doctor available at the moment.

But not in my case, because the very reason makes me wanna lock myself in my room and cry. I am a doctor and I know stuffs when I see a patient, my brothers don't.

It's so fucking difficult to face them when they look at you with so much hope, because you're the first one to know to truth and you have to tell them that.

Matteo once told me I am a super hero because I save lives. He was quite young.

The fact of the matter is that sometimes I hate being the super hero, because it's hard to handle the responsibilities.

I would rather be a super hero brother to my baby brothers and sister than be a super hero doctor.

I can't let anything happen to her. I will not lose another person in my life. I will not let my brothers and father go through that devasting pain.

I can't.

I'm barely holding myself from a break down when I'm helping Ales get our bambina inside the hospital.

Moments like these make wish I was like Ales and Xander.

Able to control emotions.
________________________________

Xavier's POV:

It's not different really. It's the same feeling like the one I've experienced before.

Earlier I couldn't lose twin. Now I can't lose my baby sister.

I may not be a doctor, but fuck even Max can tell how fragile her condition is. The visible slow breathing she is taking is still keeping us all sane.

She was there for me when Xander was in danger. She saved him and me that time. She saved Xander by making his heart beat, but she saved me by making me realise my heart is beating. The acknowledgement of being alive.

I remember losing myself that time and constantly wanting her presence near me, because I can't afford another loss.

But what do I do now?

It's like I'm constantly praying that this would be a dream and we all will wake up and see her all fine in front of us smiling like always.

But dreams ain't so fucking real.

This is real. My sister is in a painful situation.

If I could take her pain, I would. Right now while everyone is hoping she doesn't stop breathing which I'm hoping too, I'm also hoping she isn't in too much pain.

Just be okay is all I wish for. Please I beg you baby sis.
__________________________

Matteo's POV:

How I feel right now is indescribable.

I never knew I could feel this. This..This terrifying emotion.

Val and I are close as we both are not that apart age wise. We barely have a year's difference between us, but that's what makes me love the fact that I'm her older brother.

I loved it when she always said she has six older brothers. She can easily score me to be the younger one because of my personality and the fact that I've actually been pampered a lot by my brothers, Dad and her.

But she still gives me the love and respect she does to our other brothers.

We both are quite close in age so it's easy for my family to possibly neglect me unintentionally after she came into our lives, but that never happened not that I thought it will. Val's coming just made me feel more special. She makes all of us feel better about ourselves.

She was there for me when we had lost our family for a month. She literally never let me lose hope. Never. She constantly was there for me.

We both were..but she more.

She was also there for me when we got kidnapped. She tried to constantly calm me because she knows how these situations affect me.

She always subtly calm me with a soft look or a rub in the back when anything disturbing happens in the family. Because she knows I freak out at the mere thought of losing my brothers or Dad.

I know she thinks I haven't noticed how when we hear a bad news she straight away looks at me constantly with the intention to calm me. She knows me so well.

This. This is the very reason I love it when she calls me her elder brother. But frankly she protects me more than I do her.

But who will be there with me the way you are, now that something's happened to you Val?

Our brothers and Dad are there over here yes, but who will make me calm down in a second by just a reassuring look? Maybe mom? But look at our plight.. even she isn't here.

Our super hero brothers will save you. Yeah. Yes. They will. I know it.
___________________________

Ales's POV:

Is it possible to die while you're living? I mean breathing.

Situations like these make me wonder if my family and I are ever gonna catch a break.

My heart is crying. It's only mere words from a doctor's mouth that will make me cry as well. The dreadful words.

I have been holding her in my hands since the moment she got shot.

She got shot..

I've been trying to wake her up, because seeing her eyes will instil some hope. But no. She is stubborn even when she is unconscious.

It's pathetic how I'm trying to protect her in my arms right now from those damn bullets in her when I couldn't stop them from getting inside her.

I may be the older brother. But I need her like she is older than me. She unintentionally protects me and my brothers too.

Losing a sister..the only sister is not at all the fear. Losing a part of our lives it what is being feared by me and possibly very single brother of mine.

All those years of practice of holding it in in situations like these and being a support for my brothers is gonna all go in vain. Because I don't know when I'm gonna let the tap loose, but it's gonna be soon.

If anything happens to her...

I-I can't.

I need her.

My baby brothers need their baby sister.
_________________________

Third POV:

The Costello brothers ran inside the hospital with their sister like madmen.

They owned this hospital so it was easy for them to get attention not that Valentina's condition was not dire enough.

"Get the fucking doctor now!", Leonardo yells loudly.

Emilio ran inside as he knew some doctors here as he has worked with them as well.

This one hospital was their mafia hospital away from their base so sometimes it is used for normal people as well.

Meanwhile Antonio arranged the stretcher and got it to Alessandro. Ales put his sister gently on the stretcher caressing her face and his eyes getting glossy.

Emilio came back with a doctor. With a look doctor knew this was in need of an operation.

"Get her to the operation theatre now!", The doctor yells immediately.

Ales, Enzo and Xander push the stretcher fast towards the room. All the brothers ran behind them. Xavier and Matteo holding her hand as they run.

Emilio and Elijah hurrying with the doctor and explaining the current status of Val as they do so to rush up the process.

Once they reach the door the nurses take Val inside leaving the brothers out with a heavy heart.

They all look at the door anxiously and rub their faces. Some pace here and there nervously while some just sat stoic.

The younger ones sat there rocking themselves. The older ones tried to calm themselves first then their brothers.

Soon Micheal and Madison made it to the hospital.

Madison ran in while pulling Micheal with him. They ran inside towards Valentina's room.

Micheal was still in the same numb condition, but he followed Madison without question.

Once Mady spotted Matteo she ran towards him. Matteo was on the seat with head down sniffing.

Mady came in front of him and he looked up at her. Her safe softened looking at the scared boy. Matteo bit his lip and looked at her with a lot of vulnerability.

Mady immediately hugged him tightly. He hugged her tight and cried. Mady had tears in her eyes, but she stayed strong for her boyfriend.

Some brothers looked at Matteo sadly.

Micheal saw Matteo and sighed sympathetically. He then walked ahead towards Elijah and Ales.

Those two looked at him as he came to them. They were momentarily shocked seeing Micheal. He looked so dull to them. His eyes had no brightness like always.

"Hey is Val inside?", Micheal asked softly.

Ales and Elijah stared at Micheal in surprise. He was almost not recognisable to them.

Ales nodded snapping out of his daze.

"Hmm good. She needs medical attention", Micheal nods emotionlessly sighing.

Ales and Elijah looked at each other and then at Micheal. He was not able to handle it and they could see it.

"But she will be okay you know", Micheal said numbly

"She will", Ben said softly rubbing Micheal's back.

"Yeah. She is a fighter. I know it. We just have to wait", Micheal nods and goes to a seat and sits down staring at the wall in front of him without moving.

The brothers all stare at him in shock. Mady sighs sadly.

"What's going on with him?", Angelo asked softly.

"He's in shock. Give him some time. He'll be back to normal once he realises it", Emilio said looking down.

"But- ", Mark began but Emilio interrupted.

"I know. He's gonna lose it when he snaps back. He probably won't be able to take it, but right now not much can be done. He's too much into shock", Emilio explained.

The Costello brothers look at Em and frown.

"He looks so..calm. Too calm actually. Almost abnormal", Stephan mumbles worried.

"He's numb. He's not feeling anything that's why he is stable. He is talking like this because his mind is not letting him feel those emotions we are feeling. Like Em said he's too much into shock. Once he snaps back. He will feel all that", Elijah said sadly.

Emilio nods sighing. Ales closed his eye. Leo and Antonio share a concerning look.

"Where is Rafael? He needs to be here when Micheal snaps back", Ben asked Mady sadly.

"Raf will be here soon I guess, but till then I'll take care of Micheal don't worry", Mady said seriously.

They all nod. They knew they don't really have energy to worry about someone else. Only Valentina is in their mind.
________________________

Vincenzo's POV:

I ran inside the hospital along with Ryan and Claire.

"Which room is Valentina Costello admitted in?", I demanded from the receptionist.

She looked up at me and then behind me curiously and sighs exhausted.

"Are you related?", She asked looking bored.

"Yes I'm her father", I said impatiently.

She sighs dramatically in exhaustion and types in the computer slowly blowing her bubble jum.

"What was the patient's name again?", The receptionist asked frowning.

Dumb also doesn't describe her

"You forgot the patient's name I just said?", I said pissed.

"Well my job's not easy", The gril scoffs.

What?!

My jaw clenched in anger. Claire put a hand on my shoulder and nods at me silently saying she'll take it from here.

I take a step back and she came forward.

God knows what came over Claire.

She suddenly slams her hand on the desk with a loud thud in front of the receptionist's face making her flinch in fear.

"Valentina Costello. Patient's name. We are her family members and the man you just spoke to is the Roberto Costello's son. You might know him? Now will you tell us the room or should I persuade harder bitch?", Claire spat angrily slamming her hand again on the desk.

My eyes went wide for a bit. Ryan was smirking.

The girl looked like she will cry if this continues, so she immediately sat straight and started typing faster on the computer.

"T-Third floor. Operation theatre", She shutters pointing towards the stairs.

"Thank you", Claire grit her teeth and turns away and nods at me.

We both continue walking. Ryan took a step along with us, but then paused.

"Do your job properly. It's a hospital not a lounging area for fuck sake", Ryan glared at her and continued walking.

The girl gulped as we walked away.

We ran towards the third floor and to the operation theatre where I saw my sons, nephews, Micheal and Mady standing outside the door.

Some seated. Some pacing.

I saw blood on Ales and Elijah's shirts. Xavier and Matteo's hands. Enzo had patches here and there. Xander was clean for the first time.

All of it belonged to my princess..

I rushed towards them. Xavier looked up first.

"Dad", Xavier whispered sadly and ran to me.

When he spoke everyone looked at him and then up at me. My sons immediately had tears in their eyes.

God it hurt seeing them like that.

Xavier slammed into me and hugged me tightly hiding his face and crying. Seeing him even Matteo ran towards me and hugged me crying.

I hug them tightly trying to calm them.

Xander looked at his two brothers and sighed sympathetically. He sat down and looked at the ground.

"Shush its gonna be okay", I rub their back to make them stop cry while trying to reassure myself.

Ryan walked towards Mady and Michael and hugged then both first and then went and sat down next to Xander.

Claire hugged Enzo and whispered soothing things in his ear while Enzo rested his head on her shoulder and shed a few tears with his eyes closed tight.

I made Xavier and Matteo sit down next to Xander and Ryan. Xander immediately held his twin's hand and squeezed it. Ryan whispered something in Matteo's ears. Matteo sniffs and listens to whatever he said.

I walk towards Ales and Elijah. They both looked scared and shaken. I turned towards Ben first. He gave me a worried look and then pointed at his husband and best friend.

I knew it was bad..as if I expected anything else.

But those two are not like my younger kids. They won't hold me and cry like they used to when they were boys.

No outlet.

I stood in front of them. They looked up at me and tears formed in Elijah's eyes. Ales was still able to control.

I didn't think before I immediately hugged my two eldest sons. They froze for a second, but then hugged me back very tight.

I realised I did exactly what Melanie used to do when they both cried as kids.

Gosh I wish she was here.

"I'm worried Dad. She's critical", Elijah whispered sniffing while hugging me.

I couldn't reply. How would I?

Those two part from the hug and Ales looked down while Elijah sighed wiping his tears.

I go lean on the wall with my heart constantly beating rapidly in worry and fear.
____________________________

Roberto's POV:

My family and I rushed towards the hospital. Louis, Henry and Ricardo went to the base when they got Rafael's call.

Ava and Amelia decided to stay back with Nico who was very adamant on coming, but others convinced him.

So, now my three sons, two daughter in laws, Savannah, Max and Maria came with me to the hospital.

Max was holding Francesco's hand as he looked around at the hospital nervously. He sticked to his father when he saw the unfamiliar place.

We got the room number and we rushed towards the operation theatre.

I was just so worried, but I can't really express my concern. Four bullets is not a joke. In my years of experience I've seen many get shot and I myself have gotten shot, so my worry was getting the best of me.

When we reach there the scene already broke my heart and I hadn't even asked about Val.

My family. My kids looked so worn out, exhausted, scared and most importantly.. covered in blood.

My mind registered that blood belonged to my princess and my heart just sped up.

I was frozen for a second. Max immediately ran towards them snapping me out of my trance.

"Tina?", Max called out in worry as he ran towards my grandsons.

They all look up in shock at Max. The younger ones who were crying just turned away immediately and started wiping their tears frantically.

The older ones stood straight in surprise. They looked at Max with wide eyes and then at us.

Max just kept looking for Val. When he didn't find her in the crowd he decided to go inside the operation theatre.

He was going to open the door when Tony scooped him up in his arms.

"Max no", Antonio shakes his head as he held Max in his hands.

"Why? I want to see if Tina is in there", Max said trying to reach out towards the door.

"Max stop", Antonio frowned carrying him away from the door.

"BUT I WANT TO SEE TINA!", Max yells like he will cry any moment.

Vincenzo and my grandkids look at me with a look saying 'how could you bring him'

"He heard everything. We had no choice or time to convince him", Elisa sighs sadly.

Everyone sighs. Antonio gives a squirming Max to their father. Francesco holds his son tightly and tries to calm him.

"Dad where is Tina?", Max demanded tears forming in his eyes.

"She's just getting checked by the doctor son. You'll have to wait okay?", Francesco tried to reason with him.

Max begrudgingly stops squirming and stays still.

I sigh in relief and walk towards the elder kids and my eldest son. Alfonso and Luciano following me.

"How is she?", I ask softly.

"No idea Dad. She was shot. They got her here and she's inside now", Vince said sighing in exhaustion.

I pat his shoulder in sympathy. I look at Ales expectantly.

"She was critical Grandpa. Atleast that's what lijah and Em said. She lost a lot of blood and was unconscious", Ales choked out nervously.

I close my eyes and face down in worry.

"How long have they been in there?", Alfonso asked worried.

"Half hour I guess", Leo shrugged tapping his foot on the ground nervously.

"God I'm worried about her", Luciano sighs rubbing his face in frustration.

We all are..

After a minute or so Vince was done with his frustration.

"My daughter can't fucking catch a break", Vincenzo suddenly punched the wall in frustration.

Matteo, Xavier and Xander immediately stood up with wide eyes looking at their father. Enzo stared at him in absolute worry. Elijah and Ales held him back from hurting himself.

"No! I'm done! I'm legit done! What is her fault huh? That she's my daughter? That she's your sister? Or that she's a Costello? What the bloody hell is happening to her?! Her life has never been the same since she came to New York from Texas. Melanie kept her safer than I ever could! God I hate all this! It's fucking painful to watch my daughter go through so much!", Vincenzo yells angrily in absolute frustration punching the wall again.

Alfonso and Luciano immediately pull their eldest brother back in concern. I could already see the bruise forming on his knuckles.

Elisa whispered something to Francesco in worry looking at Vince and he gave Max to her and rushed towards Vincenzo.

Even the three brothers were finding it hard to hold a emotionally done with person.

"Brother please don't", Francesco whispered softly trying to hold Vince.

All the kids were getting worried. Mady and Savannah were scared. Micheal was not even looking at us. He had his eyes on the wall.

Maria rushed to her eldest son. She held his face on her hands.

"Son I need you to calm down right now! Please!", Maria said sternly caressing his face.

Vince stopped thrashing but continuously shakes his head and looks down.

"What's her fault mom? What is her fault to go through all this?", Vincenzo's voice broke.

Ales, Leo and Antonio looked away tears forming in their eyes.

His brothers only looked at him with worry.

Maria shed a few tears there and was speechless. She knew his frustration was not wrong.

I walked towards my son with the intention to comfort him because I couldn't see my son like that.

"Her fault is that she got such an amazing father. Her fault is she got so many brothers to take care of her. Her fault is that she is a beautiful soul who can brighten anyone's life. Her fault is she has loyal friends. Her fault is that she is a strong princess. Her fault is that she has a loving family. Her fault is that she has a more than capable father who loves her more than his own life", I said in one breath looking straight at my son.

There was silence for a moment. Everyone was looking at me.

My sons smiled a bit nodding. My wife looked proud. My grandkids had a softened face. My eldest son looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"It's the truth son. But you know what's not her fault? That she is a Costello. That she is your daughter. That she is a mafia princess. That she came back to us after years", Maria nods at Vincenzo.

Vincenzo takes a deep breath and nods.

I gesture my head to my sons saying they should take Vincenzo away for some time.

They nod at me.

"Let's take a breather okay?", Luciano said softly.

"Come get some fresh air", Alfonso said pulling Vincenzo out.

When Vincenzo stopped with a worried look at the door we all stopped and looked at him.

"She'll be fine brother. Take some time and come back okay? Others are here only", Francesco smiled a bit.

Vincenzo hesitated.

"It's my order. Go", I said sternly.

Vincenzo looked at me and sighed and walked out with others. My other three sons had an amused face.

"Grandpa you and Grandma should also go and be with him. He's very stressed", Ben said lowly with a concerned look.

I didn't wanna be away from my princess.

"He's right Roberto. It's our responsibility to take care of all our kids. One's in there being looked after. Another one's out there in stress. We need to make him eat something so it doesn't affect his health with all the tension in his head and you know he won't listen to anyone but us now", Maria said softly.

She's right.

I sigh and nod.

"Call me when you get an update", I said seriously to all my grandkids.

They nod at me. Maria and I walk out to go to Vincenzo. Maria pulls a emotionally exhausted Elisa and Isabella out, to get them some fresh air.
_____________________________

Third POV:

Another half hour had passed by with no news of Valentina. All the brothers were beyond worried.

Rafael had come back to be there for Micheal and his friends after his twin called him informing him about Micheal's condition. He hasn't left his side since he came.

The oldies are still downstairs trying to get Vince to eat something to maintain his health.

The Costello brothers were getting restless as the seconds passed by. Max had reluctantly slept from all the crying and exhaustion in Marcus's arms.

Suddenly the door opened and a doctor rushed out.

They all stood up in alert seeing him.

"We need more blood. The ones we had we used, but she needs more as she's lost a lot", The doctor said frantically.

Stephan, Mark, Angelo immediately rushed with the nurse without any discussion. Everyone knew her blood group and those three were O+

Before the doctor could leave Leo stopped him.

"How is she?", Leo asked quickly.

All the brothers looked at the doctor with the same question in their face.

"I can't say anything right now. The operation is still going on", The doctor said politely.

This angered the hot heads.

"What do you mean you can't say anything?", Damon shouts.

"You're the fucking doctor! You should know!", Lucas yells in anger.

The doctor looked at Elijah and Em for support. Atleast they could agree that he can't say anything now.

Xander had enough. He grabbed the doctor by his collar in absolute anger.

"You better tell me how my sister is doing or I'm gonna- ", Xander spat angrily, but then Enzo and Xavier managed to pull him away.

The doctor worked for them and has dealt with many for their mafia cases so he knew the worry. But he can't give the current status.

"I will tell you in some time. But right now your sister needs me", The doctor said formally and walked back inside without waiting for a response.

More like before he was almost choked again.

Xander grit his teeth.

"Xan we've waited so long. Some more time is okay. Please", Xavier whispered in his ear.

Some more time was a lot more time. Another hour passed with no news.

"Emilio do something. It's been so long. It's our mafia hospital right? We have authority to know what the hell is going on", Deigo grunted.

"Exactly. Leo or Tony can also do something", Daniel frowned

Em sighs shaking his head.

"Patience guys. They're doing their job", Emilio said softly.

"What job? Making us wait? I'm- ", Enzo was frustrated and was interrupted when the door opened again and the doctor came out.

Ales, Leo and Antonio stood straight. Elijah, Stephano and Mark in anticipation. Enzo, Angelo and Emilio in curiousity. Xander, Lucas and Damon in worry. Xavier, Matteo, Daniel and Deigo in worry. Ben crossed his fingers. Marcus sat there only to not disturb a sleeping Max.

"What?", Antonio asked the doc.

The doctor took a deep breath and gave them a sad look.

"Oh speak up doc!", Leo orders.

"She's critical", The doctor sighs.

Every single brother had a painful stab like feeling in their heart. They felt the sting hearing that.

"How critical?", Ales asked slowly and carefully.

Doctor looked down and then up nervously.

"Well?", Savannah asked irritated.

"More chance of dying than living", The doctor almost whispered.

Everyone gasped. Savannah, Claire and Mady had tears in their eyes. Micheal stood up frowning.

There was silence for a moment.

"What. do. you. mean. by. that?", Ben said slowly with a pale face.

Doctor swallows, but stays silent.

"He asked you something", Ales said sternly to the doc.

"Her health is critical. First part of the operation is done. We've removed the bullets, but there is some damage done already", The doctor said lowly.

That came as a blow to every single soul there.

"We will continue the next part after some time. But because you asked the current status of the mafia princess's health I'm telling you the truth", The doctor sighs.

The doctor then left sadly. Costello brothers were clearly beyond agitated.

The words were ringing in their head.

More chance of dying than living..

Some brothers couldn't even stand straight. Their legs gave away and they fell down on the floor.

"No..no..no", Enzo kept muttering shaking his head side to side.

Vincenzo's sons had a harder time grasping this information compared to their cousins.

Xavier was in a daze. Ales was in a shocked state. Enzo was in denial. Elijah was shaking. Matteo crying. Xander had blocked everything out.

Matteo suddenly stood up snapping some of the cousins from their shocked daze. He went to Elijah barely able to stand straight.

"Elijah! Y-You can save her! You always save us. Y-You are a doctor too right? You can treat Val! That doctor doesn't know what he's saying. Please go inside and save her! You're our super hero right? Please!", Matteo frantically cried holding Elijah's hands.

Daniel and Deigo started crying looking at him like that. Damon wiped his tears looking away. Lucas bit his lip to not let out a sob. Marcus was rocking himself to calm down seeing Matteo like this.

Elijah looked at Matteo with blurred eyes. The wall was gonna break.

"Please Elijah! Say something! You will save her right?", Matteo pleaded choking out a loud sob.

Elijah let out a tear and looked down not able to believe what's happening.

When Matteo didn't get an answer from Elijah he went to Ales.

"Ales please save her! Please! I promise I won't ask for anything now! I won't ask for any games or something. I just want one thing from you and then it's over. For the rest of my life I won't ask for anything! I-I won't irritate you! Please give me back my sister! Please!", Matteo begged crying badly

Matteo kept pulling Ales's hand and crying. Ales looked at his baby brother with tears in his eyes.

"Matteo", Ales whispered and hugged him tightly.

Matteo's legs gave away. Ales slowed down his fall, but didn't let the hug break. He had one hand around Matteo's back and one holding his face to him.

"I want her. Please! Please! Please! I can't be without her! Ales get her back I beg you!", Matteo kept crying in his eldest brother's arms.

Ales cried. He actually cried. He let the tap open.

He held Matteo tightly as the other boy cried. Ales choked out a sob and hid his face in Matteo's shoulder and cried not able to control anymore.

Leo and Antonio looked at Ales with tears in their eyes. Ben cried seeing his best friend break.

Enzo was still in a state of denial. He kept shaking his head no. His mind went on and on with images of Val not being with them in future.

Elijah looked around helplessly crying. He was not able to grasp the fact. His eyes fell on Xander who was taking deep breaths leaning on the wall on the floor.

His eyebrows scrunched looking at his younger brother. Xander was taking even deeper breaths suddenly while shaking. He looked very uncomfortable as he was squirming.

"Xander?", Elijah took a step towards him.

Xander didn't seem like he heard Elijah. He was trying to breath.

Elijah realised what's going on and his heart beat increases.

"XANDER!", Elijah yells at the top of his voice startling everyone.

Elijah ran towards Xander and kneeled down in front of him and tried to bring him back from his panic attack.

Xander was not able to breathe. His head was aching. His lungs were burning. He was feeling very uncomfortable. He couldn't hear or see Elijah properly, but he felt hands on his cheeks and chest.

"Lijah..gasps..can't.. gasps.. Breath", Xander whispered painfully as he struggles.

Elijah tightly held Xander's hand as his heart beat went fast.

"He's not able to breathe! He's having a panic attack!", Elijah yells in distress.

Ales's eyes went wide. Ben ran towards them in worry. Enzo snaps out of his daze. Matteo stops crying for a second and looks at Xander in shock. Xavier was frozen.

"Xander? Xander! Breath!", Elijah put a hand on his chest.

Xander was trying to look at Elijah while trying to catch his breath. Ben kneeled down next to them.

"Listen to my heart beat and try to match it!", Ben frantically said that and put Xander's hand on his chest.

Elijah held his brother tight to him crying now as Ben helped Xander regain his breath.

Xander tried his best to breath according to Ben's heart beat. It took some time, but he managed to calm down.

Everyone was looking at them. Savannah crying at the state of everyone. Mady and Michael in shock and tears. Ryan extremely worried and silently crying.

Xander gasped for breath and then finally got back to normal. Ben sighs in relief and kissed Xander's head in worry.

Elijah was choking out sobs as he held Xander's face and made sure he was okay.

Looking at Elijah after the panic attack Xander himself couldn't hold it in. Tears formed in his eyes.

"Lijah..o-our baby sister. She's- I-I c-can't- S-She's- ", Xander broke down holding Elijah.

For the first time today everyone saw the strongest of the family cry one by one.

"I know. I know Xander", Elijah held him tight like Ales did Matteo and cried.

Elijah looked at Ben who was right next to him and it broke Ben's heart seeing them like this. Ben immediately hugged those two putting a hand on Elijah's head and one around Xander as if trying to protect them.

Xander held Ben's jacket as well as Elijah's as he let out all the stocked emotions.

His crying broke a lot of people. Many brothers who hadn't cried yet broke down.

Xavier looked at his twin, then Elijah, then Ales, then Matteo and then Enzo. Enzo looked back at Xavier in worry. Enzo knows how Xavier gets affected.

Xavier glances at the door and then back at Enzo and rapidly shakes his head left and right. He backs away to the wall as much as he could. He brings his knees to his chest and holds himself tightly.

Enzo immediately scrambled up to him to calm him before he loses his ground and goes into that state.

"Xavier no. I'm here", Enzo holds Xavier close to him to keep him grounded.

Xavier takes shutter breaths and grabs Enzo trying to get any comfort he can.

"It's okay Xav. Let it out", Enzo sniffs and while whispering in Xavier's ears.

He knew making Xavier cry will be better than letting him go into that state.

And that's exactly what Xavier did. He cried like there was no tomorrow.

The scene was unbearably painful.

The Costello cousins were all crying themselves and seeking comfort from each other. Leo, Antonio, Mark and Stephano.. that is the eldest were trying their best to do so.

But they all couldn't see that sight in front of them. Those six brothers who just couldn't handle the pain.

Claire and Sav held each other as they cried. Claire tried her best to calm Sav keeping her health in mind. They both were too attached to Val and this family to be able to calm down. It was just too much.

Mady and Ryan silently cried in the side. It's their best friend who's life was on line.

Ryan felt more fear than ever though. He knew Val since childhood. He couldn't bare the thought of losing her.

He dreaded informing Stacy and the rest of the squad back in America. He didn't have the strength.

Seeing all this something cracked inside Micheal. It was like he woke up from a deep sleep. He was looking around at everything going on. He blinked his eyes continuously trying to get hold of the situation.

That's when everything hit him. All those images came inside his head. Valentina getting shot.

Suddenly he felt all those emotions he was not feeling until yet. He was no more numb.

The pain was felt in his heart. The weakness. The love. The helplessness. The lost of touch. The worry was eating him up.

Rafael was sniffing while looking at his best friends crying when he noticed the behaviour. That's exactly what he was waiting for since he came.

Micheal was gonna lose it soon

To make it worse, the older ones were standing there in shock seeing their kids like that. They knew it was something that will break them like it broke their kids.

It was chaos of emotions
---------------------------------------------------------

HEY guys!

Hope you liked this chapter!!

Please vote!!!

The suggestion about the reminisce of memories during this condition of Val by the brothers will be used in the next chapter..which was suggested by one reader :)

What will happen to Val? Micheal's, oldies and squad's reactions?

Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 680 36
Book 1 in Love series. After this y'all gonna get a book about Venezio and his love. Warning: this book is pretty cringe and very messed up but ok ×...
121K 2.2K 41
| 18+ | A grieving student-detective and her bilingual Italian heir. 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐲 - She is a hard-working college student studying to be...
66.6K 2.5K 30
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...
62.4K 1.8K 50
Being the only daughter of the Rossini Family, Audelia Valentina Rossini becomes the target of countless dangerous enemies and what happens if she fa...