Injury on the Ice

By Gummybear1178

Kendall Knight glided across the ice as the LA Kings' youngest captain, scoring another goal for his team, wh... More

The Injury
The Diagnosis
The Speech
Week 1
The Start
The Surprise
The Wrong Words
The Right Words
Week 2
The First Stand
The Family
The Next Steps
The Pain
The Next Level
The Shot
The Return

The Interviews

81 2 0
By Gummybear1178

So sorry guys!!!! College has been a little crazy, I started this week!! You can thank someone on FF.net who reminded me!! I will post another chapter either tonight or tomorrow!

"So, the plan for the day, we have six interviews lined up for just James, assuming none of them try to get Kendall in on it, then the one with both of you. There is a small break at noon for a lunch break, and a few minutes between each interview for wardrobe change and a very quick break." Kelly ran the two through their day, "Here is your dressing room, there is already some snacks ready for you. Stay in what you are wearing for the first interview then just keep changing. Order doesn't matter. Kendall we prepped a few different shirts and jackets for you in-case you get wrapped into more than one."

"Sounds good, Kelly. Thank you."

"You're welcome Kendall." Kelly smiled double checking her clipboard, "Oh and boys reminder, if there is ever a question you do not want to answer, you do not have too."

The boys smiled and nodded as they snacked on a few of the grapes that had been set out for them.

"James, your first interview is in five minutes, Kendall if you want to come watch there is a chair already set up." Kelly said before exiting.

"Well, you want to head down there now?" Kendall asked after a moment.

James nodded as Kendall stood up on his crutches.

"Hi, I'm James Diamond." James greeted the interviewer shaking his hand. Kendall a few steps behind heading towards his designated chair (It even had his name on it).

"Nice to meet, I'm Mitchell," He greeted with a smile, "Is that Kendall Knight?"

"That would be him." James smiled.

"Any chance we could pull him into the interview? My editor would kill me if I don't at least try. He hasn't done any interviews since his injury."

"Well, that's up to him, same goes for any questions he answers." James stated slightly protectively. Mitchell seemed like a nice guy, but he was immediately going for the injury angle, and Kendall hadn't done interviews for a reason. Everyone was waiting on his reaction to Jett Stetson, and desperately wanting more updates on his recovery. Katie was constantly being pestered with questions at school.

"Kendall Knight, any chance we could get you to join James in this interview?" Mitchell said walking over immediately.

James softly shook his head behind him, suggesting he not do this one.

"No sorry, not this one, I'll let James hold the spotlight on this one." Kendall said with a smile seeing James' face.

"Oh, well I had to at least try. Maybe another time." Mitchell gave in before walking away.

James walked up to Kendall and took the seat with his name next to him.

"I never mind you joining in interviews, but the way he was talking it was going to be less interview and more interrogation concerning your injury."

"Yeah, not the kind of interview I like doing."

"I didn't think so, but the one you've already agreed to is with one I love doing interviews with. She is a blast and knows where the lines are. She doesn't even try to walk the lines. She still gets her job done, and because of the way she acts I don't mind giving her better answers than I do anyone else. You'll like her."

"Sounds like it."

"James, time to start." Kelly walked up behind him.

James nodded hopping off his chair and moving on to the dressed sound stage.

James answered every question perfectly, dodging every question he didn't want to answer. No, he was not going to comment on Jett Stetson's actions, no he would not say the Islanders should be banned from the league for his actions, Yes, Kendall would be returning to the ice, no, this wasn't he didn't write a dis track about Jett, the album was recorded before everything happened.

Honestly, James was not enjoying this interview. He had to resist the urge to roll his eyes multiple times, and bite his tongue on a few of the other questions.

He was very happy when it was over. As the bustle around the sound stage occurred as they started to pack everything up, to be reset for another interview while he did the next one on a different stage.

"Kelly, please make sure he is never my interviewer again." James said quietly with a smile to avoid outside suspicion.

"Agreed, normally his company is much more reputable, but he was not what we were promised. I will be filing a complaint later."

"Thank you."

The next few interviews flew by, those were much better than the first and actually focused on James' music and James not Kendall's injury or ghastly rumors.

Finally came the interview James was most happy for, his one with Kendall with Jo Taylor.

"Hey Jo, meet my wonderful fiancé, Kendall. Kendall, this is Jo, the nicest interviewer in LA."

"Nice to meet you." Kendall nodded in greeting with a smile.

"Good to see you again James, and nice to meet you too Kendall." Jo smiled back, "Before we start I was wondering if we could go over a few interview topics, you can veto any of them or alter them."

They both nodded as she began to ask."

"First the elephant in the room, Kendall can I ask about your injury at all?"

"You can ask a few questions, but not too many this interview is about James' new album after all."

"Of course, I was thinking just one about your recovery thus far, and only asking another if the conversation lead to it."

"That sounds like a wonderful plan."

"Great, ok, can I ask about the wedding?"

"Sure, but just an early FYI we really haven't done much planning wise so there isn't much info to give."

Jo nodded and asked about a few more topics, none were shot down thanks to her respectable choices.

"Great, are you ready to get started?" She asked with a smile.

James and Kendall both nodded with a smile. Kelly walked up to take the crutches from Kendall and place them out of the shot.

"Hi guys, Jo here with the phenomenal singer, songwriter, dancer, and musician, James Diamond who is about to release his next album, and he even brought his fiancé, the LA Kings Captain, Kendall Knight with him." Jo opened the interview.

"Thanks for having us Jo." James smiled.

"You are welcome here anytime James, now to start our questions off, Kendall I have to address the big question, how is your recovery coming along?"

"It's going pretty well, James has been a huge help. Between helping with just about everything at first to now helping me with walking on it again."

"Aww, so James is the sweetheart we see in public."

"I had to make a deal with him to only coddle me the first two days." Kendall revealed with a small laugh.

"That's sweet, just like the second song James released off his new album, 'Worldwide'. Which he performed live at an LA Kings hockey game. Had you heard it before then?"

"I had not, I didn't even know about it. Which is really crazy considering I have heard every single other song on the album, and then some that didn't make it on the album. I don't know how he managed to hide it from me, because I usually hear him writing them or practicing them."

"It was not easy to keep it a secret, especially since I usually run all my songs by him before anyone else."

"Didn't you write most of the songs on this album?"

"I did actually. Every other album I have had a hand in just about every song, but this time I was either the main writer of it or played a big part it writing it."

"That is amazing, is there anything you can't do?"

"Peel an orange." Kendall jumped in. While James just shook his head laughing softly.

"I'm sorry?" Jo asked with a confused look on her face.

"He cannot peel an orange in a timely manor to save his life. Even with a knife it's going to take him at least five minutes. I once saw him take fifteen minutes to peel one orange. I've even had him try those Cutie Mandarin ones that are supposed to be easy peel and everyone sends with their kids to school. Yeah, still took him five minutes."

"So James Diamond can't peel an orange?" Jo laughed.

"Nope, at least not in a reasonable amount of time." James admitted smiling.

"Wow, see Kendall this is why I need you in all of my interviews with him, he never would have let that slip."

"Oh, trust me I have more on him, but the orange thing is one he won't kill me for later." Kendall laughed.

"Kendall, reminder I can fight fire with fire." James added.

"Oh, I know. Why do you think I stopped at the orange?"

They all laughed for a moment before Jo regained her composure.

"So, you two are obviously perfect for each other, so any news on the wedding?"

"We honestly haven't planned that much yet. We are going to have a long engagement so we don't need to rush, but it will be a smaller affair with just friends and family."

"Including an entire hockey team." Kendall added.

"I am sure it will be lovely, and hopefully the cake won't get destroyed too early on by the hockey team."

The interview continued with more laughs and discussion about James' music.

Jo paused near the end leaving a blank of silence that could easily be cut later.

"Ok, now that there is an easy spot to edit this out, this is completely up to you guys, but Kendall do you feel up to taking a few steps on camera for us? If not that is completely fine. This part will not be included at all if you don't want to." Jo assured.

James looked at Kendall, ready to back Kendall no matter his decision. After a moment of contemplation Kendall spoke up.

"Sure why not, I'd rather do it with you than any other interviewer."

"Great, I'll re ask the question so we can use it for the released video."

She gave it a piece of silence to easily be edited through before she spoke again.

"So Kendall, any chance you are feeling up to taking a few steps for us?"

"Why not?" Kendall smiled. "Though I am not allowed to put all of my weight on it yet, so James is going to have to help me out."

"Great, here let's go right over here." Jo guided them to the empty area by their seats, standing up.

James stood up wrapped an arm around Kendall's waist as Kendall wrapped his arm around James' shoulders. Before Kendall began walking.

James supported him as they walked over to where Jo was waiting, the camera's following them.

Jo smiled as she turned to the camera.

"Thank you guys so much, I can't wait to see you back on the ice Kendall, and I really can't wait for you new album James. Until next time, thank you again." She signed off.

"Bye guys, hope you enjoyed." James smiled as Kendall waved with his free hand.

"Seriously that was so much fun thank you guys." Jo thanked after the cameras stopped rolling.

"Thank you, interviews are always a blast with you." James smiled.

"I agree, it was awesome meeting you, your interview is the best on I've ever done." Kendall agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 819 25
It's been 5 years since Lisa Johnson and Kendall Knight have seen each other. She is now 18 and he is 22. Lisa is attending a cosmetology school in h...
42.8K 601 68
Join Isabella Spade on her journey through out her own musical career along with four other boys from Minnesota who nothing about music and a lot abo...
11.2K 310 43
Logan Kingston is convinced he's done playing hockey. After all, he's got about nine broken bones, from his pinky toe to his pelvis. He's trying so h...
173K 4K 42
You knew Kendall, Logan, Carlos & James since you were babies: You, Logan, Carlos and Kendall got along really well. But then there was James- You n...