I Owe You My Life | Ponyboy x...

By i_like_chopped_liver

Just a trigger warning on this book: mentions of self-harm and course language. Delaina Campbell is just a yo... More

𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 '𝒆𝒎." - 𝑰
"𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖." - 𝑰𝑰
"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒎, 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕." - 𝑰𝑰𝑰
"𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕, 𝑺𝒐𝒅𝒂." - 𝑽
"𝑨𝒏𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒕𝒍𝒆?" - 𝑽𝑰
"𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒆." - 𝑽𝑰𝑰
"𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓?" - 𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
"𝑯𝒆𝒚, 𝑰 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑫𝒂𝒍'." - 𝑰𝑿
"𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏-𝒖𝒑." - 𝑿
"𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈." - 𝑿𝑰
"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑺𝒐𝒅𝒂'𝒔." - 𝑿𝑰𝑰
"𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆." - 𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
"𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒅!" - 𝑿𝑰𝑽
"𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆." - 𝑿𝑽
"𝑯𝒆𝒚- 𝒐𝒉, 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈." - 𝑿𝑽𝑰
"𝑵𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒆." - 𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒏𝒅!

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒖𝒑?" - 𝑰𝑽

608 15 288
By i_like_chopped_liver

Today at school, things went a little bit better. I was still getting dirty looks and weird stares from my ex friends. I got detention for slapping Lisa yesterday. No regrets. 

I was sitting in detention, I needed to stay here until 5:30. School normally ended at three o'clock and right now it was 4:45. I told Ponyboy to walk home without me, and I'll walk home myself. 

I sat in the classroom, Mrs. Wood was at her desk, doing God knows what, and I just sat there, watching the minutes go by. 

I kinda wish I was at home. With Ponyboy and the gang. I exhaled deeply. I was bored. Mrs. Wood wouldn't let me do my homework or even read a book.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"No."

"Its an emergency." 

"Hold it."

"Do you want me to bleed on your seats?" I asked. Her head shot up. "That's what I thought." I said, and got up, walking outside the classroom, down the hall to the bathrooms.

I always had an attitude towards Mrs. Wood, and she didn't like it. But do I care? No. I wasn't actually on my period, and I didn't actually need to use the bathroom. But I was so bored in that classroom, that I need to get out of there. Even if it was only five minutes.

I did a lap around the school before I started to head back. 

I got back in the classroom and sat at my desk a little longer. I looked at the clock; 4:58. I started to drum my fingers on the desk.

"Stop that. Its distracting me." Mrs. Wood said.

"Distracting you from what? Playing Sudoku?" I sassed.

"Delaina, do you want another detention tomorrow?"

"No thanks. I'm busy."

She sighed. "Just get out. I can't deal with you anymore." And that my friends, is how you get out of detention early. I smirked as I stood up, put on my jacket, grabbed my bag. Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

"See you tomorrow, Mrs. Wood." I said, while walking out of the room.

I walked outside of the building. The sun was gonna set soon. It sets early here in the winter. 

I was almost home when I about decided I should have told Ponyboy to wait for me, or at least call someone to pick me up. I heard the engine of a Mustang. I should've called Darry or Steve to come pick me up, they would've if I asked.

I shoved my hands in my jacket pockets and started walking faster, hoping to get away.

The car pulled up beside me and the windows rolled down. "Hey girly need a ride?" One asked. He sounded nice, not gonna lie, but I knew better than to trust a stranger in a fancy car.

I just ignored them and kept walking.

"Hey! You answer us when we talk to you!" 

It was cold outside, but I was sweating buckets. I started getting scared, but I would never show it and let them get the satisfaction of knowing it. 

I knew that if God forbid they got out of their car, I could put up a good fight. I used to do karate, I got to brown belt and I kinda gave up. Well, I didn't actually quit, I just never showed up in a year and a half.

The car suddenly came to a stop and three socs got out. I just kept my head down, and continued walking. 

One of them grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to face them. 

"What the fuck do you want?" I spat. 

"Ooh, we gotta feisty one on our hands." One said and smirked.

I've never been jumped before and boy was I scared. I looked around for a stick, a piece of pipe, a pop bottle - anything. But there was nothing. Damn it.

"Ya know Bob, she looks really young. We could get in serious trouble if we hurt her."

"Shut up Randy. Its not like the cops are going to believe a greaser over us." 'Bob' said.

"And what if this time they do?" 'Randy' said. 

"They won't. She won't live long enough to tell them." Bob said.

I started getting real scared. What did he mean by 'not live long enough'?

I decided I needed to run, or I wouldn't end up alive, just like they said.

I just kept my stone cold look, and when they least expected it, I ran. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. 

I wasn't paying attention where I was going and I bumped into someone. I fell straight on my ass. Fuck did that ever hurt. I looked up and saw Tim Shepard. 

"Sorry Tim." I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Its no problem, Delaina. But why were you running?" He asked, helping me up.

"Socs." I said, and pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw that the socs were still standing a couple feet away from us, slowly backing up.

"Hey, you leave her alone!" Tim commanded. They frantically nodded there heads and ran off.

Tim stood tall and buff. He was about six-foot-six and had a large build.

"Thanks Tim. They said I wouldn't live long enough to tell the cops - that they'd kill me - so I started running." I explained. 

"Hey, don't worry about it. I've actually been meaning to talk to you."

"What about?" I asked.

"Well, I saw Dally the other day, and he had one of his ears pierced..."

"Where are you going with this?" I asked.

"He said you did them for him, and I was just wondering, if you do mine too?" 

I couldn't help but laugh. "You want me to pierce your ears?" I asked.

"Well you don't have to if you don't-"

"Might as well start my own business." I said chuckling. 

"So, you'll do it?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess."

"When can you do it?" He asked.

"Now, if you want." I said.

"Alright sounds good."

We walked the rest of the way to my house, talking.

"It doesn't hurt does it?" Tim asked.

"What? Piercing your ears? Of course it doesn't. Only for like a second."

"Okay." He said. We finally reached my house and I fished my keys out of my backpack and unlocked the door.

"I'm home!" I hollered. 

"Didn't think you'd be home so early. Oh hey Tim!" Darry said.

"Yeah, apparently I had an 'attitude' so she kicked me out." I said. Darry chuckled. 

"Hi Darry." Tim said.

"So what are you doing here?" Darry asked.

"Oh, I just thought I would stop by-" I cut him off, "He wants me to pierce his ears." I said, going into the kitchen. 

"Oh hey, Delaina!" Ponyboy said.

"Hey, Pony." 

"So, how was detention?" 

"She kicked me out 'cause I had an 'attitude'." I explained.

"Oh, m'kay." He said and chuckled a bit.

"Oh hey Tim, didn't know you were here." Ponyboy said once Tim entered the kitchen where we were.

"Hey kid." Tim said.

"Alright Tim, follow me." I said, leading him to the basement.

"Why ya guys goin' in the basement?" Ponyboy asked.

"To do what I do to the rest of the people I bring down there." I joked, but Tim didn't get it.

"W-what?" Tim asked.

Ponyboy, playing along with the joke said, "Alright Tim, this'll be the last time I see you, forever. So goodbye. Have a great time in the after life!"

Tim looked at me, "What? I thought you were just going to pierce my ears?" He asked.

"Don't worry Tim, we were just messin' with ya!" I said.

"Oh yeah, I knew that. I was just, ya know, playing along with you guys."

Me and Ponyboy just looked at each other and smiled.

Tim sat down in a chair, and I went to go get the piercing gun an' a marker.

"One or both?" I asked.

"Ears?" He asked.

"No, hands." I said sarcastically.

"Both." 

"Kay." 

I got the marker and went over to him, "Don't move." I said. He nodded his head. "What part of 'don't move' did you not understand?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes and stayed still while I marked his ears. How come everyone wants to do what Dallas does? I thought.

"Okay ready? Three, two, one, deep breath." I said and pierced through one ear. I did the same for other one and started to put everything away.

I got another little bottle of earring solution and handed it to him. "Every night, clean around it - front and back - with  Q-tip. Wait six weeks to take it out or it won't heal." I said.

"That seem like a lot of work just for an-" He started but I cut him off. "Do you want an infection and then you'll have to go to a hospital and they'll have to chop off your ear?"

His eyes went wide, "No!" 

"That's what I thought." 

"And also, don't touch them so much. It won't heal properly."

"Alright."

"Tim, you gonna stay for dinner?" Darry asked once we walked up stairs.

"Nah, my mom said she wants me home for dinner." Tim said. Stupid excuse, but okay.

"Alright Tim. That's okay." Darry said. 

"Thanks anyways Darry. I gotta go, see y'all later." Tim said and walked out the door.

Once Sodapop got home, we all sat down for dinner.

"So, why was Tim with you?" Darry asked.

"Its a long story." I said. 

"Is it juicy?" Sodapop asked.

"Yeah, kinda."

"Spill it. All of it." Soda demanded.

"Alright, alright chill. So, it all started when I asked Mrs. Wood if I could to the bathroom and she said 'no'. So I asked if she would like me to bleed on her seats, and then she let me go."

"Why would bleed on her seats?" Ponyboy asked. 

"That's another thing. I'll tell you later so you don't throw up your food. Not that its disgusting. But whatever." 

Ponyboy still looked confused, but none the less, I continued.

"So anyways, I didn't actually have to go to the bathroom, I was just bored and need to get out of that classroom. So I walked around the halls for fives minutes and then headed back. Once I got back in the classroom, I was bored, so I started drumming my finger nails on the desk and she said it was distracting, even though she was just playing Sudoku, which I confronted her about. She then asked if I wanted anther detention tomorrow and I responded with, 'no thanks, I'm busy' and she told to me get out, so I got out of detention thirty minutes early." I took a breath, because, damn, that was a mouthful.

"So, did you get another detention tomorrow?" Darry asked.

"Well, she didn't say. So I'm assuming 'no'."

"Okay, continue with the story." Sodapop said.

"So I left the school and started walking home, and then some socs started bothering me. They said something about killing me so-"

"What?" Darry asked. 

"They were arguing over if the cops would believe them or me and one of them, Bob was his name I think, said I won't live long enough to tell the cops."

"Are you okay?" Ponyboy asked.

"Yeah don't worry, they didn't have a chance to lay a finger on me." I said.

"You bet them up?" Soda asked excitedly. 

"Sadly, I didn't get a chance to. But I would've loved too!" I said. I really do like getting into fights. I've been in my fair share of them, and I always came out of them fine. But I never started the fights, I believe that fighting is for defending yourself and protecting others.

"So anyways, let me continue. That was when I decided I should run. So I did-"

"That was smart." 

"Darry! Stop fucking cutting me off!" I hollered.

"Sorry."

"So that's when I ran into Tim. He scared the socs away, and asked if I could pierce his ears because he saw Dally had a pierced ear. End of story." I said.

"Well, someone had quite an eventful day." Darry said.

"You bet." I said. 

We all continued eating, and after dinner, I helped Darry with the dishes. Like always. I don't mind, really. I enjoy doing the dishes for some reason. 

After I was done doing the dishes, I went to do my homework.

"Still didn't do your homework?" I heard Ponyboy ask from the doorway of my room.

"Mrs. Wood didn't let me." I sighed. I was almost done. 

I felt his arms wrap around me and he leaned his on my shoulder, his breath tickling my neck.

"You almost done?" He asked.

"Almost." I said.

"Am I bothering you?" 

"No. Your keeping me company. Thanks for that."

He chuckled, "Your welcome."

I finished my last math problem and put my pencil down. Pony took his arms off from around me, letting me stand up. 

I stood up and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"I was so scared Ponyboy. I thought they were actually gonna kill me. What would've happened if I didn't run into to Tim?"

"Hey, don't worry about that. All that matters is that you're okay now." He said and hugged me tighter. 

"I guess." I said. 

"So you gonna tell me about bleeding on Mrs. Woods seats?" He asked me. 

"Do you really wanna know?" I asked.

"Well if its too personal and you don't wanna tell me its okay."

"Nah its not too personal. Basically, once a month, I get to bleed out of my vagina for a week straight."

He made a grossed out face. 

"Is that normal?"

"Yeah, every girl goes through it."

He gave me a weird look and I just laughed at his cluelessness.

"So that why when you ask if I'm opening candy in the bathroom, its just a pad. It absorbs the blood so I don't get it anywhere." 

By now, it looked like he wanted to throw up.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, just kinda feels uncomfortable."

"Why? Isn't it like your peeing?"

"No, it doesn't come out of that hole." I explained. It was funny that he new literally nothing.

"So it comes out of your butt?"

"No. it-" I started, but he cut me off. "Holy shit, how many holes do you have down there?"

"Three."

"Why does all this happen?" He asked.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I retorted.

"I'm just curious. But seriously, why does it happen?"

"Its just my body letting me know I'm not pregnant." I said. "But glory Ponyboy, your ears can get red." And they only got redder.

"I'm going to bed..." He mumbled.

"Night Ponyboy." I said smiling. And he walked out of my room into his.

I got my pajamas and went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I thought about today and just the way me and Ponyboy were looking at each other and the stupid shit we talk about. 

A/N

I love Delaina's and Ponyboy's relationship it so cute. But I just thought it would be funny to have Ponyboy be clueless about certain things lol. Sorry if you get grossed out by that. 

Let me know what you guys think about the book so far.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 422 72
𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞. book 2 your favorite greaser gang imagines f/reader x Greaser she/her t...
12.3K 166 32
Just some oneshots of your favorite greaser! Please request things! (If you request it, I might do some other greasers)
111K 1.6K 22
Dallas Winston's kid sister, y/n had to move to Tulsa after her parents kicked her out at age 14 from her home in New York. She hasn't had contact wi...
11.6K 558 25
Katherine Matthews is the 16 year old sister of Keith 'Two-Bit' Matthews. She lives on the East side of town along with the rest of the gang. She slo...