Wait, did I become Tohka Yato...

By NotDariou

Before all of this you use to be a man but suddenly after a less tragic accident you have taken the role as o... More

Chapter 1: Where am I?
Chapter 2: What just happened?!
Chapter 3: Are you asking me out?!
Chapter 4: Why Me?!
Chapter 5: Wait?! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!!
Chapter 6: Stop eating my children!
Chapter 7: Is that Puppet the real deal?
Chapter 9: The Princess is a Part-Timer?!
Chapter 10: So best girl makes her debut along with a sister?!
Chapter 11: So a school life with Nightmare?
Chapter 12: Date Gone WRONG!?
Chapter 13: Princess V.S Nightmare!
Chapter 14: I'm Rehabbing from Flame girl?!
Chapter 15: I'm assisting a sis-con?!
Chapter 16: Hold on! Season Finale?!
Chapter 17: Huh?! A Utopia Game?
Chapter 18: You call this Paradise?!
Chapter 19: Hanging out with Pinkie? or are we?
Chapter 20: What? A Sports EVENT?!
Chapter 21: Am I starting to lose it!?
Chapter 22: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 1.
Chapter 23: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 2.
Chapter 24: A Star Festival?!
Chapter 25: My slice of life as a Spirit?
Chapter 26: A trip?! Nah, it's a trap!
Chapter 27: The Gingers' sacred duel?
Chapter 28: Huh? A Fight and Disagreement?
Chapter 29: My trauma caused by a Yuri Idol?!
Chapter 30: So it takes a man to become best girl?!

Chapter 8: Why is everything so cool?!

4.7K 130 146
By NotDariou

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

The Next Day

Itsuka Residence

Tohka's POV

It's about eight in the morning, Yesterday was a huge fail and on top of that I got a very swollen face on my right cheeks thanks to Kotori. Who literally punch me across the face for screwing it up. Oh well. She went on all evening lecturing me on "Not to screwing things up in the last second", I sorta feel ya. If someone where to do that I would have been pissed as well.

But at least I know the outcome of this entire arc. If all goes according to canon then we should be fine.

Well I might intervened as well.

But so I think I'm going to laze my ass off for today since they had to cut school thanks to the spacialquake that happened yesterday.

What surprises me the most is how I can change <Sandalphon> weapon form. I mean Tohka's angel is just a sword with embedded spirit mana. After all she did stated that if one has a strong desire you will gain full control on <Sandalphon>, something like that.

I know <Sandalphon> Sword form is it's default and trademark but I gotta have some variety type to use, if the sword becomes a no go to a very serious battle. Like Ellen for example. I'm going to be screwed. After all my Reiyoku's is at a 299, in other words I can make a fairly good amount of use out of that.

As for my life in this world, it's still going. I made sure to make some upgrade on ratatoskr' equipment in secret. I didn't want to get showered with a bunch of request and question on a new tool. The first one I upgraded was Shido's ear piece. Now after yesterday's mission on Yoshino when we arrived back at fraxinus I made a quick snatch on his ear piece before anyone would notice.

I had to upgrade it for Origami's scene, since for some reason the signal is blocked. I only have it install on my computer here for it to work. Plus in these situation you got me the wingwoman to back my boy Shido up.

Well the first attempt didn't go smoothly as I expected to be so. I confident myself inside my room knowing that Shido might be worried that I'm upset because of his loli girlfriend that he's been trying to hook up with. Pedophile...

A few knock came to my door.

"Tohka, hey! will you let me in? please just hear me out." He begged.

"Not in a mood! I'm not mad about the date you had yesterday, you disgusting lolicon! I'm upset cause damn Kotori had to lecture me all night about my screw ups!" Kotori did and I will try to prevent myself from ever happening that again. Geez most of it were pretty damn boring. I almost fell asleep the whole thing before she shouted to my face. It's annoying.

"Call me downstairs when were leaving for the super market! After all, I also need to buy some ingredients for the dish that I'm going to be making!" I shouted louder behind my door.

I could've sworn in Shido mind he would have said. "Wait Tohka can cook?"

Damn Haremist...

A Few hours later...

Super Market

Since I can't really live at the house for free, and I kinda do feel bad at doing so. I decided to a go for a part time job. A while back when I was sealed and was getting tested I even requested from Reine and Kotori directly to make a resume. Thankfully they agreed.

But that could wait until this Yoshino-Puppet arc business is finish. Shido and I are currently buying groceries and of course my personal ingredients that I'm going to making for lunch or when we get Yoshino to join with us.

Rain reached us. Actually it was raining heavily since this morning. It might have with Yoshino's mental state since Yoshinon wasn't with her. We gotta get Yoshinon fast.

Might as well raid Origami's home after lunch.

"Shido look!"

"Hmm?"

He lightly raised a brow.

"There's an item on sale for only 40% off!"

"Fish? Do you really want that?"

"Shido, nothing beats with good old fish meal! after all we Japanese folks were born next to the ocean." I dramatically posed.

"But you're not Japanese..." he awkwardly replied. He wasn't sure at all, due to me being a pure spirit and that. Actually from what I remember, before I was isekai'd here. I think I was Canadian? and wait how the hell can I understand them? was it universal language that isekai protagonist gets?

"Well who cares, I'm purchasing it!"

Shido just sighed.

"We still have some leftover ingredient at the house right?"

Shido nodded. Perfect.

"Don't worry Shido, I won't be much of a burden after this Puppet mission. After all I'm getting a part time job!"

His eyes widen. Shido didn't feel right when I aid this.

"I already asked Reine and Kotori and they were cool about it!" I happily said. "That way I wouldn't feel bad living at a rental free home!"

In Shido views he see's a very energetic girl claiming the world top, He closed his eyes but smiled. Shido went up close to head pat me. To be honest it kinda felt good... in a comfortable way. Damn so this is what anime girls feels when they receive head pats.

A Few minutes later...

We finally got everything we needed as we left the store. There we at least 5 bags that we bought. Shido had to hold two bags in one and they were pretty light, as for me I was holding three bags in one hand, most of them were too heavy for Shido to carry. With the rain still pouring down on us. We brought out our umbrellas.

Walking along the the sidewalk weren't really busy streets at all. Some pedestrians were wearing business suits and ties. But in a summary not many people were walking at this very stormy weather.

I still wonder to myself, how me leading the role as Tohka is going to run through this entire series. Chronically the whole Date A Live series was a span of only 2 years. The first year is with Tohka and the next is without Tohka. I put this at a brief since Mio did say I could extent my survival by either defeating her directly or... let canon do it for me. I honestly don't know what's going happened to my body after she's defeated...

Shido and I walk a few blocks away from the store until we spotted someone familiar.

"Hey isn't that?" trying to get Shido's attention to drift.

With our own two eyes was Yoshino. She was an alleyway looking for her best friend Yoshinon. She had her hands on the floor desperately searching for her around the rubble and trash.

My bad on dropping her sorry.

"Yoshinon?!" Shido shouted. Now he then noticed that her puppet wasn't with her. "Hey what happened to your puppet?"

This got her attention. As her eyes meet at the two of us, she ran up to Shido and had her face buried to his chest.

"Hey kiddo!" I happily greeted the shy spirit. Due to my loud nature that got her a bit frightening.

"Tohka, lower your voice down will you?"

"Hehehe, sorry... we're you looking for you friend?" I asked. she nodded. "Hey you two I think it would benefits for all of us if we find some cover. This rain is starting to get annoying."

With my suggestion at a go we headed a nearby place to cover ourselves from this bipolar weather. Shido seems to be recollecting the past events that happened yesterday.

"I get it now, so you lost it while you were fighting the AST?" Yoshino nodded. While iInervously was quiet. I didn't wanna spill the bean that I was the one that accidentally dropped it. Thank god none of them were reminding me that I was the one that caused the downfall.

"Hey Kotori, do you copy that?" He responded to his ear piece. With a few silence indicating Kotori's plan to Shido, he was now ready. "Yoshinon, were ready to start with the search."

With this she finally spoke. "Uh... see the thing is m-my name is- is n-ot Yoshinon, It's Yoshino a- and Yoshinon is the puppet we're looking for and my... friend."

Damn she sounded soo kawaii in REAL LIFE. I'm really urging myself to hug this cutie!

Yoshino grabbed Shido's sleeve and was about to leave before he offered his umbrella to her.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be alright." Um Shido, Yoshino's astral dress can dry itself you know.

"Thank you, You're very kind." She calmly thanked the haremist.

I looked over to my watch to see that it was about ten o'clock. You're telling me we been in the supermarket for an hour and half? huh? didn't know.

I should get home first and have lunch prepared as soon as these two put a hold on their search. I could literally just tell them. But I don't have any idea what might happened if i were to just tell them where Yoshinon is at so I'll them do their search once I finished making lunch for them.

"Shido, pass one of your groceries."

"What for?" As he passed them.

"How about this, I'll take these home and start preparing lunch while you guys do you search. I wish I could help you but we might spoil the meat and fish."

"Ah I see, okay then. Will be home in a jiff!"

"Sounds like plan. Yoshino take care of Shido while you find your friend and if he dares to take advantage of you. Just tell me Okay and I won't hesitate to cut them off." I then made a scissor gesture with my two fingers. This brought Shido to shiver down his spine. But with Yoshino just respectfully nodding her head. Kawaii!

"C-cut what off?" He was trembling as he had two hands blocking his crotch.

"Byeeeee!"

I left the two for their search knowing that eventually they'll get hungry. Alright might as well set up the computer once I get home. That way when Shido decided to retrieve Yoshino at Origami's place. The signal shouldn't be blocked with the upgrade I installed on his current ear piece that he's wearing right now.

Itsuka Residence

With only a twenty minutes walk. yes twenty minutes walk I arrived  at the house. It was very quiet in here. No chaos and any of what a harem protagonist would caused that is related to the word trouble. Perfect. Just what I needed right now.

I put away the groceries neatly of course and headed straight to my room.

It literally how I act whenever i get home from school... since I don't have any irl friends to talk too... with the computer fully turned on. I entered to manually entered to the system where ratatoskr operates. It's hard to believe that I manage to pull this off. I should thank for my 301 intelligence for this.

My monitor shows Shido and Yoshino trying to find Yoshinon as the time passes. It already been half an hour since I got home. nothing bad has happened to the two so I should start making lunch.

Outside the Destroyed Mall

Shido's POV

I wonder what caused Tohka to go home so early rather than helping us. I mean sure the meat and fish will be spoiled but not too spoil itself.

It's already about to turn twelve o'clock. We've been trying to find Yoshinon for almost 2 hours and still no sight of her. Plus lunch is about start, but didn't Tohka said you she already has that covered? I wonder what kind food she's making... let's just hope it taste good. From what I heard of, Tonomachi usually says that Beautiful women tend to be awful cooks. I hope you were kidding about that statement.

I sighed.

Yoshino was looking beneath the rubble of rocks. But then...

Growl~~~

A noise came to her stomach.

"Uhh... Yoshino are you hungry?"

She shook her head but then her empty stomach spoke for her again with a loud growl.

Growl~~~~

She was blushing beet red as she cover her face with her hood in embarrassment.

"Hey Kotori, we're going put a hold on this search and head home for lunch." I reported back to Ratatoskr through my ear piece.

'Copy that, You'll need it to restore some strength and a chance to ask Hermit some questions. Will analyze about the puppet on our end.' Kotori replied. I nodded.

"Come on Yoshino, let's head over to my place. After all, Tohka should be finished with lunch right about now." I smiled at her. "Man I wonder what kind of meal she prepared for us."

A few minutes later...

We arrived just arrived in the nick of time. As we both stepped inside the house we of course dried ourselves. Surprisingly Yoshino was completely dry and not a single drip of water around her.

"Tohka! We're home!"

"Ah, perfect timing you too!" Tohka came by the door way to the entrance to greet us.

I stood there frozen as Tohka was in her casuals. A grey hoodie and dark blue joggers but with an added bonus, she was wearing a pink apron. Almost resembling what appears to be a young teen house mom. It felt like my nose was getting itchy.

"Hey! Shido! you done staring?" she snapped her fingers to break my trance. "Good! Lunch is ready, now come on! eat while it's hot! You can also join to Yoshino! I made you're shares as well!"

She was happily smiling. Alright time to eat! Wait... did... I... almost fell for Tohka's charms as a young teen house mom?

...

...

...

Impossible, there is no way I like those kind of girls. hehehehe...

Tohka's PoV

Shido and Yoshino finally arrived thank god I had these made 45 minutes early. Since Shido made oyakodon for Yoshino. I too did the same thing as well.

It wasn't all that difficult. It was literally egg soup with meat in them. I gotta say, i'm very proud on making them!

What I find very weird personally for me and awkward was the first thing Shido did was literally stare at me for at least 6 minutes or so. Yoshino was looking kinda confused. I almost had a feeling that Shido almost nose bleeded in front me.

I should feel a little weird out about it.

and It's turns out I was right.

"Hey! Shido! you done staring?" I snapped my fingers to break his trance. "Good! Lunch is ready, now come on! eat it while it's hot! You can also join too Yoshino! I made your shares as well!"

I walked in and sat on a chair following the two behind me, who also sat down. Shido sat next to me while across was Yoshino. Shido figured it out at a first glance of what meal we were going to be having as he helped out Yoshino a little bit.

"Alright! Time to eat!" I announced.

"ITADAKIMASU!" All of us said at the same time.

We started chowing down. Yoshino carefully blew her soup spoon as she took a bite and was enjoying herself. She had her eyes sparkle along with a thumbs up. Adorable.

I think it would be best if we question her after we finish eating.

After we finish eating I had dish washing duty while Shido started asking our loli friend some question. In truth the oyakodon was actually great. First time I ever made. Soup was perfect and the texture of the meat and eggs I put made it better.

I then over hear the conversation that two are having.

"You must really love that puppet?"

"Yes... Yoshinon... sh-she's my best friend and my hero, too..." She drifted a bit.

"Your hero?" Shido curiously asked.

"Oh yes! Yoshinon is the greatest. She's who I've look up too!" She replied.

This is starting to remind of a certain powerless broccoli fan boy who literally has a whole merchandise of that person that he looks up to.

Yoshino continues. "She's... brave and so strong! She's... n-not even pathetic as I am... if only I can be more like her and be a hero, I would be so happy but I'm not... I'm weak."

Before Shido could speak I interrupted him. With me wiping the the wet bowl and setting to the side. I approach Yoshino and kneel down to her level by the couch.

"Don't say that, Shido and I like you the way you are." I followed it with a smile.

She quickly blushed and covered her face with her hood.

"Th-thank you... no one has ever said that before."

Shido's PoV

'Did She rehearse that line? Shido you step in up! At this rate Tohka might even take your job!' And did I hear Kotori laugh?

Am I really that pathetic at talking to girl, that Tohka is legitimately better than me even though she too is also a girl???!!

Tohka's PoV

These words are starting to encourage her and now for the famous line.

"Yoshino."

"Hmm?" She looked at me.

I stood up.

"You too can be a hero."

As those words hit her like an incoming truck. it made her emotional. As she started to tear up.

"Ah Yoshino! Tohka what did you do?!" Shido was alerted.

"N-no it's fin-e, I'm a-alright... are you really sure... that I cou-could be a h-hero? ... ...like yoshinon? A weak spirit like me?" She wiped her tears.

I gave her a grinned and nodded with courage.

"But here's the thing... I don't like pain or to see anyone hurt... I'm bit of a scaredy cat, When I'm scared. I freeze up, I can't do anything. I'm so afraid. Except just stand there, hoping someone will save me. It awful. If I wasn't a coward, I may be able to fight back. But in truth I nothing like Yoshinon... because she was always on my side... she gives me courage that i don't have. She's my hero."

Shido made his move and petted her head. You lucky lecher.

"Wha? Why are you petting me?" Yoshino asked.

"It's because we'll protect you from harms, Yoshino!" I said.

She just stared at us.

"Look, it's okay to be scared. After all we'll find Yoshinon in no time! That is a promise! Let Shido and I be your hero, Yoshino!" I smiled along with Shido as well.

"Thank you... Thank you for your kindess."

"Oh right I didn't introduce myself earlier from our previous encounter! I'm Tohka Yatogami!"

"To-tohka? Hai! Tohka Onee-san!" She happily responded.

This actually warmed me up. I always wanted Yoshino as a little sister. Even when I watched the anime, I always wanted her as a little sister. Welp time to cross that off the bucket list.

"Alright, it's best if I finish the dishes."

I walked back to the kitchen sink which left the two sorta alone now...

Shido's PoV

Alright with Tohka going back to business let's try again and seal Yoshino's powers up.

"So umm... look I'm sorry about what happened... kissing you out of the blue and all." I looked away from Yoshino with a red beet face.

"Kissing?"

"Yeah, you know... It's were you kiss... and get close to each other and touch each other's lips." As I had my face close to Yoshino's. I honestly feel bad right now, taking advantage at what appears to be a middle schooler's by appearance. "Just like th-"

...

...

...

...

...

In a split second I felt a heavy pain directly to my left cheek.

That's right I was mega punched to the face by Tohka Yatogami.

"HHEEELLLLLLL NO, DIE YOU DISGUSTING LOLICON!!!" She shouted.

{Possible Illustration Drawing is in the making}

I laid down in the carpet floor somewhat unconscious but my bruise was instantly healed up. As soon as I got up Yoshino was gone.

"Oh great you scared her, thanks a lot Tohka!" I sarcastically said.

"Well it's your fault for taking advantage of a little girl in the first place, Shido!"

"Then how am I suppose to seal her powers up then genius!??" I countered.

Tohka's PoV

As I finally finish wiping the bowl dry. I turned my head to see Shido trying to forcefully kiss Yoshino. In other words let me quote this *Imma take advantage of this little girl*.

"Just like th-" before he could even finish that I directly punched his face straight head on. Which caused him to fell down to the carpet.

"HHEEELLLLLLL NO, DIE YOU DISGUSTING LOLICON!!!" I shouted.

This sorta frightened Yoshino as she disappeared.

Well fuck.

Shido face emitted a blue flame indicating his healing ability as he got up and groaned from the pain.

"Oh great you scared her, thanks a lot Tohka!" he sarcastically said.

"Well it's your fault for taking advantage of a little girl in the first place, Shido!" I countered.

"Then how am I suppose to seal her powers up then genius!??" He retorted.

He then put his hand to his right side head. It appears Kotori has found Yoshinon.

"So where is it?" He asked through his ear piece. He then gave out a (-.-) face knowing that it was located in Origami's house. "Tohka, I'll be leaving to retrieve Yoshinon at... Tobiichi's place. So later and make sure you if let me know or ratatoskr about when Yoshino start appearing alright? Okay later!"

He started walking out by the door and left. Which made the house slightly empty with me alone.

I sighed.

Oh well I might well test out that minor upgrade on his ear piece.

Origami's apartment complex

Shido's PoV

I stood outside of the building and rang the doorbell and waited until Tobiichi answered.

Bzzt

"Who's there?" Tobiichi's voice came.

"It's Shido, may I-"

The front door was automatically opened before I could finish. Huh? what just happened? Well at least I got in. I quickly went up and used the elevator. This is pretty misleading and weird at the same time.

"Hey Kotori, are you sure I'm at the right place?" I asked.

'According to the analyze, there is no question. We are confirming without a doubt that Origami took Yoshinon behind the scene.'

As she was explained the details to me the elevator landed to my destination as I finally make my way to her apartment room.

"Well, that makes me feel better to not act like a thief."

'Well it's too late to back up n-.'

"Hey?! Kotori? crap, signal jammed."

'Shido.'

Wait this voice? Tohka? No way.

'It's me you idiot... anyways don't even question or mention this to Kotori got it. Well anyways it appears you signal to ratatoskr has been jammed. For my end it's connected to my computer which is Mute proof.'

"What?"

"It won't get electronically jammed that easily... well anyways do what your tasked to do and retrieve Yoshinon. In other words raid Origami's place.'

Damn Tohka guiding me? Just my rotten luck. I have feeling she's going to have something crazy up on her sleeve.

In front of me was the door to Origami's apartment room with her full name written. I inhaled and exhaled. The moment I ring the doorbell her door opened.

This shock me a little but what got me nervous was Tobiichi wearing uhh... a maid outfit?

'That conversation we had yesterday with Tonomachi. Remember?' Tohka reminded me.

Oh right. Tohka spilled some false bean on me. I sighed. This is going to be a long day.

"Uhh... Hi Tobiichi."

"Hello." She simply responded with her trademark emotionless face.

I got inside and quickly sat down next to her mini copy table, following with Origami sitting down with me. She pulls out a kettle and cup. Is she going give me tea?

"Thanks for you letting me in Tobiichi."

"It's nothing," She quick poured the tea? why the hell is it glwoing purple and is that even drinkable? "Here, for you."

I was holding the cup and took a tiny sniff and it was awful.

"Thank y- Uhhh... Tobiichi what is this?!"

"Drink it."

"But..."

"Drinkt it."

I quickly whispered ton my  earpiece. "Psst Tohka, what do I do?"

A short silent entered.

...

...

'Just drink the damn thing and get it over it. If your tummy feels bad, we'll have ratatoskr fix you up... or if that healing ability of yours could heal it at all... Just drink it already!'

Crap. fine.

Slurps

"Gah!" I fell down and was holding my neck, God that was awful!

I noticed too quickly, Origami was sitting on top of me and did she just rode me between my jewels?

"Uhh... hey..."

"Do you like that?" She grinded her butt again.

"Uhh... probably no, Now could you please get off me!"

She wasn't budging at all.

"Listen, I'll get off of you if you grant me one request. No ifs or buts, do we have a deal?"

"Uhh what is it?" I was sweating. Please don't be a kink one.

"I'm completely tired of you calling me by my last name, I hear you call everyone else by their first name, but I'm just Tobiichi to you."

"What?"

"My name is Origami, that's what I prefer to be called. Deal?" She requested.

"That seems to bee  reasonable proposition consider it done." I bluntly answered her.

A moment silent came but she didn't look satisfy at all as she pressed on to me.

"Uhh Origami?"

With that call she finally got off of me and stood up on her feet.

"We good?"

"Totally sure."

She then dramatically turned around with a single leap and started headed to a nearby door.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"The shower."

"What a weird time to do that."

'Was I the only one to think that single leap she did was a bit of a dramatic show?'

"I couldn't agree more It wasn't unnecessary... Oh right the puppet!"

I quickly got up and started looking around the room.

First I headed to her kitchen, i checked her counters, bottom cabinets, under the carpet, above her silvers utensils and plates shelf. i even double check them still nothing.

'Hey Shido, you wanna know what's in the tea that you drank earlier?' Tohka asked at a sudden interest. Do I wanna know? That taste was awful.

"I'm good don't wor-" before I could finish those words I spotted a trash can filled with what appears to be empty bottles with a bunch weird labeling. one of them had "ENERGY MAX" and "Black Viper".  Aren't those the ingredients for the tea? was she trying to drug and pull into a sex drive?!

This girl is insane!

With my face reacting to this whole business I hear Tohka laughing.

'OH MY GOD, THAT FACE OF YOURS WAS HILARIOUS! HAHAHAHA!'

"Shut up already! Do you know where Yoshinon is?"

'Already asking for myself? I see. Well you should have asked me from the beginning when Origami took her shower. It's by her bedroom's top dresser. She should be up there.'

There is no way she could be right...

She was right...

How did she do that?

As soon as I heard the bathroom door opened I quickly sat down. Origami walked in with only a towel on?

"That was pretty fast..."

Wait only a towel on?! How is she not embarrassed from that?!

"What's wrong?"

"Oh uhh nothing is wron-" She started scooching in next to me while I scooted back nervously.

'Nothing is wrong, my ass!' Tohka shouted. Oww she sure can shout pretty loud, probably the same as Kotori.

"Are you okay?" She asked out of concern.

"Dude, how can you ask me that?" But she just scooted more closer to me.

I sighed, just my rotten luck!

Meanwhile at Fraxinus

Kotori PoV

What the hell?! What happened to our signal! I had everyone in the deck room started working on a solution to fix this but no luck at all.

"WHAT! You haven't been able to reestablish the connection?" I said.

"No, not yet. there some sort of powerful jamming signal there and is far stronger than the sginal at AST."

I was pissed. Just who are you Origami?!

"Dammit what is her deal?!" I sighed. "You know it would be best to ask Tohka for help, even though she's an idiot sometimes and probably goofs off on duty, her intelligence may benefits Ratatoskr."

With her big brain, she might figure out to counter powerful jamming signal on our equipment. We'll ask her once this is over.

I hope she cooperate with us.

Back at Origami's Apartment

Shido's POV

Nothing I could to do, to distance myself from her is working. I should just suck it up.

"There something I want to ask you."

I raised a brow.

"During one of my missions, I could have swarn I... Just what are you?"

Is she serious? Does she mean when I first saw her in her AST suit? Would it be alright for me to reply, that I'm actually a spirit sealer. wait no I'm going to take a safe answer. I should try reasoning to her.

"Look, have you ever tried talking to a spirit before?"

"Where you trying to say?" She seemed angry at this.

"I'm saying I've talked to them, Not just Tohka but with Yoshino as well. She's the spirit called hermit."

"That's too dangerous." she bluntly responded. "You shouldn't do that."

'Yeah no shit mom.'

"It's really not. You should give it a try. you'd be surprised, look you're probably right about being bad spirits out there but there not all bad. I know it may sound a little nuts but you gotta believe it's true. Tohka and Yoshino are good spirits... I have to help Yoshino! and no matter what I'll never deny Tohka, You asked something of me, now I'm going to demand in something in you. Promise me you hurt any good spirits! Just tell why the hell did it turn out liek this huh?" I reasoned.

"Look it just can't be helped!" She had face still angered. "Even if you are right about them and even if that hermit isn't looking for a fight, they're still the problem of spacialquakes."

With that her phone rang.

"It's them, were being deployed."

before she could leave.

"Wait Origami! Let me ask you this! If Hermit's spirt power gets sealed like Tohka's, will stop attacking won't you?" Please say yes, please say yes...

"It isn't about being good or bad. It's about following my orders. Regardless what I want to do."

...

...

Shit.

"Alright Origami see you later."

Before Origami could step out of the door she had one last thing to say. "And one last thing, if Tohka dares to challenges me again. Tell her I won't hold back this time."

With that being said. She exited out. Hold on isn't she still in her towel. Well whatever it's ebst If I leave her place and have the signal restored. That way I can have Kotori teleport me back to fraxinus.

'Shido did you see it?'

"What do mean Tohka?"

'I mean Origami Tobiichi is consumed with revenge and hatred among spirits. The fact that her main goal is to commit genocide isn't going to make the cut for her satisfaction.'

"You mean?"

'As of right now she hasn't killed anyone, but if she dares to have stain blood on her gear, She wouldn't stop until there's nothing. Saying revenge is a good thing, not all the time. She would constantly tied up negatively. If only it's possible for her to release all that anger and hatred out of her body.' Tohka explained

I see... The fact that her parents were killed by a spirit isn't going to slide so easily.

'Shido, since she's being deployed, Yoshino is going to need some protecting. You head back to fraxinus and have yourself teleported to our location got it? Don't forgot Yoshinon!'

I nodded.

With said it done. Tohka was offline.

Alright I need to head there fast! Don't worry Yoshino help is on the way!

Open Districts

Tohka's POV

As I gave Shido some instruction to follow. it was time for me to protect Yoshino until he arrives. I was running down an empty district with the roads and sidewalks empty. I figured Kotori would scold me for not telling her where I was.

Ehh... I could live with her lecturing me all day.

Enough chatting It's to get to work!

With a loud gun shots firing, It was easy for me to figure it all out.

I spotted Yoshino lying on the ground defenselessly. I made a quick reaction and dashed in. I decided to summon my angel along with my custom astral dress that matches my weaponry form. Which was of course naofumi's barbarian armor not too much to say the least but I had his cool cape everything with his green themed were converted to a more purple themed.

"COME FORTH! <SANDALPHON> SHIELD FORM: SHIELD BARRIER!" I shouted my angel. As it should <sandalphon> in it's small shield form. with the move called out it created a small forcefield which totally made the attacks look like cupcakes.

That got their team leader Ryouko Kusakabe look surprised and widened.

"What hell?! Why is that human wielding an angel?"

I spot Origami looking quite pissed. Did I struck a nerve?

"Wait a minute that face?! Princess?!" Ryouko shouted.

"Tch... Tohka Yatogami!" She activated her sword and came straight to me.

"You... you came..."

"Of course, it's my duty to protect you but now I have to deal with this racist, Don't worry I'll lure them all out from your bubble." I said. "It would be best for you to summon your angel Yoshino, things are about to get ugly."

She lightly nod her head.

"H-hai! what about Yoshinon?"

"Don't worry about that as well, Shido has her!" I smiled. "Now go! I'll lure as many AST as I can!"

"<ZADKIEL>!" She summons her angel, As it was a huge white rabbit resembling Yoshinon.

This stop Origami at her tracks but i got her attention quick.

"Hey you let's settle this now! You white haired racist!" I almost forgot I can still fly. as I floated on top of the building and landed.

"Troops switch your target to Princess! Now!" I hear their leader commanded. As a few AST grunts were flying behind Origami.

Perfect. Now time for another new weapon form! I got be productive on this. After all if I want to survive I got to get stronger.

"NOW THEN! <SANDALPHON> KATANA FORM!" With those words, My shield transformed into a katana with the purple gem at the end of my handle. My astral dress also changed into a miko outfit white and red.

"She transformed?!' One of the AST members asked.

"Now show me, what you can do Origami!" As I floated to their level and was mocking them. Giving them a cocky grin.

"Fine have it your way!"

Origami charged straight on with her sword ready to slice me in two but...

"Wait what?!" In her perspective I disappeared but actually.

Slice

Slice

I cut some of her gear.

"No way! She's fast!" One of the AST members were astonished.

That's right in this form, My <sandalphon> katana form actually boosted my agility due to the fact that my astral dress lacks the armor it gives.

"Take this Origami! <SANDALPHON> KATANA FORM: CRESENT MOON SLASH!" I air slashed as it send actually slash shaped like the crescent moon made out of my spirit energy.

With me being much faster than Origami, the attack made in contact with her as it actually knocked her out and landed herself on the rooftop floor. The other AST however was scared as hell as one of them tried to leave but.

I dashed in front of them.

"Where do you think you're going." I said it in a cool act.

"Uhhh... we we're going t-"

I didn't let one of them finished.

"<SANDALPHON> KATANA FORM: INSTANT BLADE MIST!" I send an incredibly fast but simply strike the two members which were the only ones that went after me.

With that out of the way I spotted Yoshino struggling to keep herself protected from the other AST especially their Leader Ryouko.

She was first trapped in a net but then got herself freed but was grouped and third party. Which resorted her to release an Ice dome to protect herself.

Before I could even act.

"Tohka! Where's Yoshino?" Shido came in late.

"Damn, what took you so long?"

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine but Yoshino is inside that ice dome, and look there's a bunch of AST camping in... I'll try to distract one of them as you make your way towards it! got it?"

"Yes, thank for the help Tohka." His eyes drifted on my outfit. "What's with the outfit?"

"Oh just my astral dress matching itself with my weapon form." I finally came up with an idea. "<SANDALPHON> DEFAULT FORM!"

My katana reverted back to the trademark broadsword as well as my astral dress having parts of my grey sweater and dark blue jogging pants emitting a glow of purple. Due to my default form the throne magically appeared. I been always wanting to do this.

"Shido with my signal you get you butt down there! Try to use a bit of you spirit mana to glide yourself down there."

He nodded.

I stab my sword to the ground and lifted my throne surprisingly it was light. I had it aimed for the AST who were literally standing there figuring out a plan.

With no hesitation I threw the throne at them. Only to hit and land on one AST member.

You could say she was... throned.

I need a life.

"That annoying little! Rest of the Troops target Princess NOW!!" Oh boy Ryouko was pissed. Well time to jet.

"Shido! GO get yourself a loli! You lolicon!"

I got a grip on his shirt's collar and threw him to my throne. Surprisingly he landed safely, I wonder how... Plot?

A gun fire was shot as a spotted the rest of the AST including Ryouko.

"You about to become a dead being Princess!"

These codenames are pretty annoying. If only had a cooler one that benefited both genders. 

I just realized <Sandalphon> Throne can turn into a hoverboard... It would have been appropriate if he just rode it normal... instead of me throwing him in Throne Form...

He'll be fine...

Shido's POV

I'm not fine...

Owww, that hurts... seriously throwing me at her throne while she  turn herself as bait, how stubborn.

Well this is it. Went and dug in my arm bag for Yoshinon as I started approaching the ice dome.

'WAIT SHIDO! Hold on! please don't go in there it's too much even for you regeneration ability!'

"Is it just me or did I hear a hint of concern in your voice." I smirked.

'This isn't the good time to be joking Shido! last time a single bullet hit you, trust me this is going to be a different story! It would like a barage of machine guns fire! just wait for Tohka an-'

"Tohka has told me to go and save her... that's what I'm going to do! she trust me!" I started walking towards the blizzard

'Shido! SHIDOOO!!'

Inside the Ice dome

Yoshino's POV

I'm all alone and none is here to help. I failed Tohka onee-chan , I can't be a hero I'm just too weak. If only Yoshino was here...

Was Tohka Onee-chan right about me becoming a hero?

"Yoshinon... Yoshinon!" I was sobbing.

"HAVE NO FEAR YOSHINON IS HERE~!"

I stopped crying and have my head turned to see Shido? Holding... Yo-Yosh-Yoshinon?!

He was trying to walk towards me but then collapse to the ground. I quickly got off <ZADKIEL> and headed straight for his aid. But before I touched him flames started appearing around his body. it's like it was healing itself.

"It's really you Shido."

"In the flesh." He turned he's body around while still laid down. "I made it just in the nick of the time, anyways here you're puppet, see we told you we could find it."

He was gesturing with Yoshinon as I cried in joy.

Shido got up for concern. "Hey what's wrong? Please don't cry everything is going to be alright."

"Tha- Thank you very much, You're so nice, Thanks for saving her she's- she's my best friend... This means so much to me."

Shido handed Yoshinon to me.

"Glad to do it, but now it's you're turn to be saved."

"huh."

What does he mean?

"Umm but first uhh.." He was slightly looking away from me. "You see umm... in order to save you uhh there something we have to do... We have to kiss first so."

Kiss? I looked down. If it means to save me then so be it. After all Shido has done many kinds things to me as well Tohka onee-chan. I am forever grateful.

"Well not really, I was just kidding around, we don't actually have to that if you don't want t-"

I interrupted him with our two lips pressing against each other. As we stopped he was left surprised.

"Was that okay with you?"

"Uhh, yeah it was awesome." Shido nervously replied.

"it was? I'm glad cause if you think it's awesome then it's awesome to me too."

As I finish my sentence. My clothes began to glow as it disappeared and so as the dome that I created. i quickly covered my top.

"What happening? Oh Shido!"

With the dome finally disappeared it revealed the nice blue sky along with it was beautiful rainbow gazing upon it.

"It's beautiful."

"Right, here you might want to cover youself."

He handed me he's jacket as I put it on.

"Hey guys!"

That voice.

"Tohka Onee-chan!" I doved in for a hug.

"Yoshino, are you alright? did Shido do something border line by any chance?"

I shook my head. "No, he just sealed my powers."

She quickly looked at Shido dangerously. "You're lucky I didn't caught you with her naked, if so I wouldn't have hesitated to sniff them off!" she had had her two fingers doing a scissor gesture.

I wonder what she mean?

Tohka's POV

I finally lost the AST and top of that perfect timing with Shido's seal now time to check on Yoshino. I had my angel deactivated.

"Hey guys!"

Yoshino caught my attention.

"Tohka Onee-chan!" She doved in for a hug.

"Yoshino, are you alright? did Shido do something border line by any chance?"

She shook head. "No, he just sealed my powers."

I quickly looked at Shido dangerously. "You're lucky I didn't caught you with her naked, if so I wouldn't have hesitated to sniff them off!" I had my two fingers doing a scissor gesture.

"I swear I wasn't doing anything at all." Shido quickly started defending himself. pretty sus

"Fine whatever Pedo-neet... Let's just say we call this mission a success!" I celebrated.

Fraxinus

I was just sitting on a chair and in front of me we're Kotori looking very piss but to cover her face was a smile.

"So Tohka, why didn't you tell us where you were earlier?" She happily smiled and I mean sarcastically.

"Uhh... you I was..."

Crap what am I going to do. The moment we were teleported back to Fraxinus Yoshino was put into a test on her remaining power while I get interrogated!

Dammit just my luck!

Well at least we sealed Yoshino's power.

NOW I gotta prepare myself for Kurumi's encounter! With my new weapon forms I should be stronger!

But first I need to deal with this Kotori talk... Just... just my rotten luck!

End of Chapter 8

This wasn't edit and was rushed you already know!

Finally it's done sorry for the the week delay like I said on last chapter there's a possibility I might lose interest but here it is we finally finished Yoshino-puppet ARC! and you get a long chapter as for my delayed time!

NOTE: Most of Tohka's Sandalphon OC weapon form ability is a direct reference to one of my favorite anime series from the Rising of the Shield hero. I just love their legendary and vassal weapons so badly that I decide to make it as Tohka's abilities as well. Hope you understand!

Now time for Kurumi-Killer arc prologue which will start on the next chapter I hope to see you there!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 2.3K 46
-CURRENT ARC: Chunin Exams\/ (Chapters 41 - N/A) [Prologue: 1 - 23 Team Assignment: 24 - 28 Land of Waves: 29 - 34 Pre-Chunin Exams: 35 - 40] This is...
310K 4.7K 45
"Y/N is anti-social eccentric intellectual going through loneliness and depression and is currently searching his purpose until it all changes when o...
226K 10.4K 100
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
8.1K 217 33
Shuichi Saihara's life is perfect. He has the perfect internship for his perfect talent at his perfect high school run by his perfect family. That's...