๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐”๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐…...

By Miss_Nightingale

๐“๐€๐‹๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‘๐†๐€๐๐“๐„: ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐ˆ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐๐ข๐š๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ "๐‘ซ๐’†๐’”๐’•... More

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐”๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐‡๐”๐๐“๐„๐‘๐’
๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’› ๐‘พ๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’“
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’• ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’…
Episode I | Becoming: Part 1
Chapter 1 | A New Dawn
Chapter 2 | The New Student
Chapter 3 | Tracking the Amulet
Chapter 4 | New Friend, New Trollhunter
Episode II | Becoming: Part 2
Chapter 5 | Mourning
Chapter 6 | Destiny Awaits
Chapter 8 | Bular the Butcher
Episode III | Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter?
Chapter 9 | Trolls, Meet Human Trollhunter
Chapter 10 | Down for Dinner?
Chapter 11 | Training the Trollhunter
Chapter 12 | Changed Forever
Episode IV | Gnome Your Enemy
Chapter 13 | Saved By The Bell
Chapter 14 | Missing Rehearsal
Chapter 15 | First Mission
Chapter 16 | Romeo's Understudy
Episode V | Waka Chaka!
Chapter 17 | Always Be Afraid
Chapter 18 | School Field Trip
Chapter 19 | Night at the Museum
Chapter 20 | Changeling
Episode VI | Win Lose or Draal
Chapter 21 | Trouble Brewing
Chapter 22 | The Letter
Chapter 23 | Rematch
Chapter 24 | Unlikely Partnership
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’…-๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’ ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’ | ๐‘ธ&๐‘จ ๐‘ช๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘บ๐’๐’๐’!
Episode VII | To Catch a Changeling
Chapter 25 | The Vanishing Bridge
Chapter 26 | An Offer He Can't Refuse
Chapter 27 | Attack of the Gaggletack
Chapter 28 | Study Date
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’…-๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’/๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐‘จ๐’๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’‚๐’“๐’š ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’ | ๐‘ธ&๐‘จ
Episode VIII | Adventures in Trollsitting
Chapter 29 | Baby-napped
Chapter 30 | Undercover Babysitters
Chapter 31 | Changeling Reveal
Episode IX | Bittersweet Sixteen
Chapter 32 | Birthday Bane
Chapter 33 | Surprise Demise
Chapter 34 | Return of Romeo
Chapter 35 | Skydiving with a Stalkling
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’† ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’… | 50๐‘ฒ ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’”
Episode X | Young Atlas
Chapter 36 | Charm Crisis
Chapter 37 | Arrogance Gets You Killed
Chapter 38 | Bravery Is Not Without Fear
Chapter 39 | Adamant Oath
Episode XI | Recipe for Disaster
Chapter 40 | Bonded Revelations
Chapter 41 | Dinner Plans
Chapter 42 | Dessert or Disaster
Episode XII | Claire and Present Danger
Chapter 43 | Acknowledgement
Chapter 44 | Go Fetch
Chapter 45 | Gang of Goblins
Chapter 46 | Whistling Woe
Episode XIII | The Battle of Two Bridges
Chapter 47 | Gatekeeper
Chapter 48 | Trollhunters
Chapter 49 | The Final Act
Epilogue
๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’”๐’”๐’‚๐’“๐’š
A/N: Thank You!
๐‘ด๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’† ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’… | 100๐‘ฒ ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’”
( ~*-*)~ ๐‘ป๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’† ๐‘ช๐’๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’†๐’…
๐๐‘๐„๐๐”๐„๐‹ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐ˆ๐ˆ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
๐‘ฌ๐’™๐’„๐’๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐‘บ๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’Œ ๐‘ท๐’†๐’†๐’Œ
(๏พ‰'ใƒฎ')๏พ‰*: ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐š‚๐™ฟ๐™ธ๐™ฝ-๐™พ๐™ต๐™ต๐šœ
(โ„ โ„โ€ขโ„ฯ‰โ„โ€ขโ„ โ„)โ„ ๐™พ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด๐š ๐™ต๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฒ ๐š‚๐™ด๐š๐™ธ๐™ด๐š‚: ๐™ฒ๐š›๐š˜๐šœ๐šœ๐š›๐š˜๐šŠ๐š๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š—๐šข
(๏ฝกโ—•โ€ฟโ—•๏ฝกโœฟ) ๐‘จ๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐‘จ๐’–๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’“

Chapter 7 | Don't Think. Become!

2.7K 122 67
By Miss_Nightingale

Liz Walker POV

The next morning at school, Liz arrives at the auditorium. Rows of chairs were set in front of the open stage with Ms. Janeth and a few students milling about. From backstage, Claire waves Liz to her. Liz headed backstage and greets her friend. "Good morning, Claire. I got your text last night."

Claire smiles brightly. "Morning, Liz. I'm so excited! So did you read the script I texted you? Have you decided to audition?"

"Maybe..." Liz replies. Claire's eyes and smile widened. Liz continues. "Maybe not. Who knows?"

Claire groans as Liz chuckles. "Come on, Liz. I know you have it in you."

Liz shrugs, but with a nonchalant smile on her face. Before Claire could say anything more, Ms. Janeth called out from the waiting audience. "Next, auditionee."

Grabbing Claire's hands, Liz offers an encouraging smile with a playful wink. "Break a leg."

Nodding, Claire heads to the open stage. Liz listens as Claire begins reciting her most favorite line of Romeo and Juliet. However, sensing two presences behind her, Liz turns only to gasp in shock. In front of her stood Jim and Toby, but with Jim adorn in his Trollhunter armor, the sword stowed on his back. They smiled, sheepishly.

With brows furrowed and hands on her hips, Liz scolded in whispers. "Have you both lost your minds?! Jim, why are you wearing the armor? You could expose us all! Did anyone see you?"

Before Jim could speak, Toby quickly explained the situation. "The amulet started glowing for no reason and we had to hide, then Jim unwillingly transformed and he couldn't revert back. Then Mr. Strickler comes in and sees him, but don't worry. We explained to him that it's a costume he made for the audition for the school play. And because of that, we're here."

Liz rubs her creasing brow between her eyes, trying to keep herself calm. "The armor must have reacted to Jim's emotions and manifested itself as an automatic safety precaution."

Sighing, she looks at Jim in worry. "How are you feeling, Jim?"

"Fine. Just been thinking about last night, but I'm okay." Jim reassured, but Liz wasn't buying it. Liz clasps her hands on Jim's shoulders, the engravings of the armor, pulses with blue light at her touch. Toby's eyes widened at the armor's reaction, unnoticed to Liz and Jim. "I understand your worries and frustration in regards to last night, but remember, you won't be facing it alone. Blinky, AAARRRGGHH, and I as well as your friend, Toby, will help you through this. Together."

Jim's eyes widen and nods, smiling softly in gratitude. Sounds of clapping from the audience grab their attention as Liz releases her hold on Jim, to Jim's dismay as the glowing engravings of the armor fade. Claire walks towards them with arms crossed in front of her, smiling at Liz. Liz smiled back. "You did amazing, Claire."

"Thanks, Liz," Claire replies before setting her sights on those standing behind her. "John?"

"Um, Jim." Jim gestures to himself, shyly.

"And here, I thought you didn't like Shakespeare," Claire stated.

Jim interjected. "Oh, no, he's my favorite. I totally love him."

Liz quirks an eyebrow at that as Claire looks over at the armor, impressed. "That costume is incredible. Did you make it?"

"No. He found a magical amulet that makes it." Toby mentions it, but was met with a fierce glare by Liz and Jim. But thankfully, Claire chuckles, thinking it to be a joke. "You're funny."

Blocking Claire, Jim chuckled, but his eyes were scolding. "Yeah, you're a real comedian, aren't you?"

"Next!" Ms. Janeth calls.

"Oh! That's your cue, Liz. Break a leg." Claire jumps in excitement, bringing her forward on the open stage before Liz could say otherwise and to the surprise of Jim and Toby.

"I didn't know she was auditioning." Jim whispers, which was the last thing Liz hears before she heads toward the front of the stage.

Looking her up and down, Ms. Janeth spoke. "Hello, dear. Who might you be?"

"Elizabeth Walker, ma'am. Liz for short."

"And what are you trying out for?"

"Um..." She glances behind her at the trio. Claire mouths "Juliet". "Ah...Juliet."

"Alright then, you may begin."

Liz takes a deep breath, her mind searching through the different lines of Juliet that she could remember, before settling on one. Changing her persona to be that of a woman in love, Liz began to speak.

"But to be frank, and give it thee again.

And yet I wish but for the thing I have.

My bounty is as boundless as the sea,

My love as deep. The more I give to thee,

The more I have, for both are infinite."

She ends the recited line with her hands gracefully flourished in front of her towards the audience, capturing their gazes. A moment of silence, before the people clap in applause.

"Thank you, Ms. Walker." Ms. Janeth smiles. With a graceful bow, Liz turns and heads off the stage.

"You did fantastic, Liz! I think I got myself some competition, but I knew that you could do it. You should join the drama club." Claire congratulated Liz with a smile. Liz blushes a little. "Thank you, Claire. Perhaps I might consider it."

"Oh, you!" Claire nudges Liz playfully as the girls giggled. Jim approaches Liz. "You did really great out there."

"Thanks, Jim," Liz replies but notices him sweating a bit in worry. She whispers to him, their backs to the others, facing the open stage. "Are you alright?"

"I-I don't even know the play," Jim admits to Liz, surprising her. Guess she wasn't the only one who doesn't know the play. That's not good. "Oh..."

Again, Ms. Janeth calls out to the next person. "Next!"

Thinking fast, she whispers in Jim's ear of an idea, unknowingly turning his ear red. With an encouraging nod, Liz gently pushed him to the open stage. "Break a leg."

As he walks to the front, Liz excused herself and left backstage, only to stand behind the rows of chairs.

Once more, Ms. Janeth asks for the name and chosen role. "Who are you?"

"James Lake Junior."

"And what are you trying out for?"

Jim glances at Liz. "Uh, Romeo."

Clicking her pen, before proceeding to write his name and character on her notepad, Ms. Janeth gave the green light. "Well, we are all ears."

Jim hesitates for a bit, before glancing at Toby and Claire and shifting his gaze onto Liz, who gives an encouraging smile and nods, mouthing, "You got this."

He smiles softly at the encouragement.

"Uh..." Jim started. "Destiny..."

Taking a deep breath, he continues. "Destiny is...a gift."

The Amulet on his chest dings and brightens, surprising Jim but giving him the strength to continue on. "Some go their entire lives living an existence of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon our shoulders..."

Unleashing his sword from his back, he points it to the audience, the people gasping in amazement. "...is actually the sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor. That to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. "

With the sword pointing above him, Jim looks towards Liz, his blue eyes staring at her turquoise ones. She mouth the last three words, she said to him last night as Jim spoke them aloud, in sync. "Don't think."

With a dramatic wave of his sword, Jim places it on his back, ending his performance with a flourish. "Become."

Liz smiles and claps for Jim as the audience before her follows suit, some standing on ovation. She winks at Jim, ending their connected stare before Jim smiles at the crowd. "Um, thank you."

Before Liz could walk in the front to congratulate Jim, her phone in her pocket vibrates. She checks to see that it was Douxie. Moving towards the back of the auditorium, away from the audience, she taps the green button and places her phone against her ear. "Morning, Doux."

"Morning, love. How was your date last night?"

"Are you kidding me, Doux?" Liz looks back to make sure no one was nearby. "I told you before it wasn't a date. Just a meal with a friend. It was supposed to be with his mother as well."

"Oh my, I didn't know it was that serious." Douxie teased from the other end. Liz groans to herself, regretting mentioning Barbara. "Douxie!"

Douxie chuckles. "Only joking, love. Just wanted to let you know that the cafe is closed for the day, so you have the day off."

Her brows shot up at that. "Huh? Why? What happened?"

"Let's just say a dog went on the loose and chased Archie around in the cafe." 

"Yikes. That bad, huh? How's Archie? Is he okay?" Her brow creased in worry for the cat familiar. 

"No worries, Archie's fine. The place is a bloody mess at the moment, but we're taking care of it."

"Alright then, thanks for letting me know, Doux. Call me if you need anything."

"Not a problem, love. Let me know when you plan to invite the boy over, hmm. I'd like to meet him myself."

"Oh, for the love of...I'm hanging up!" Liz threatened, exasperated by Douxie's pestering jokes. Hearing laughter at the other end, she ended the call. Placing her phone in her back pocket, she mutters to herself. "Ugh, I can't believe that guy."

Unknowingly to Liz,  a pair of blue eyes stared her way from a distance. 

I have to admit, I really enjoy writing the small interactions between Liz and Douxie. They're fun to write. Maybe I should do Douxie x OC in the future?  (Wait now, hold up! I gotta finish this story first! Lol)

Original Art: berry.berry_arts

Readers Question: If I made a Douxie x OC fanfic story, would you read it?

Also, please don't forget to vote or comment, if you liked this chapter. I would love to hear what you all think. Happy reading!

- Miss_Nightingale

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 3.9K 53
After the events of the Shattered King, the Trollhunter team finds themselves in a mysterious room surrounded by classmates, teachers, family, trolls...
24.9K 970 25
One day a policeman shows up at the Lake residence. Behind him stands an innocent young girl who was just thrown out of her own home. How will Barbar...
3.4K 105 7
[๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™จ: INCOMPLETE. ongoing, slow updates !] ๐”๐๐Ž๐‘๐“๐‡๐Ž๐ƒ๐Ž๐— โ”โ” "I'M THE BEST OF THE BEST EARTHEN WITCHES EVER! DON'T YOU JERKS EVER FORG...
2.7K 38 18
Y/n was just an average 16 year old who has lived for over a century (or more perhaps?...) with many siblings as a hybrid princess of wakanda at an a...