When The Camellia Wilts | The...

Galing kay AlecxMaeGallego

Mother Nature has always been extremely generous and loving. But, as every organism that exists, when taken a... Higit pa

Disclaimer
When The Veil Lifted
When One's Strength is Tested
When The Only Way Is To Adapt
When The Bond Gets Stronger
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part I
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part II
When Two Worlds Collide
When One Escapes Death
When One Can Start Over
When Justice is Vengeance Part I
When Justice Is Vengeance Part II
When Justice Is Vengeance Part III
The Captain and The Governor
The Walls Can Talk
The Rescue
The Acceptance
The Tombs
The Meeting
The Mourning
The Return To Woodbury
The Accident
The Illness
The Quartz
The Fall of the Prison
The Sign
The Wrong People
Don't Let Loose The Man With Loose Screws
The Type to Have a Pity Party
All The Good Ones Die
You Gotta Die First In Order To Live
Pretty Serious Spaghetti
Just A "Little More"
A Selfless Cigarette Thief
Classic Pot Calling The Kettle Black
Come Back Or Die Trying
Spin Around and Go Back
Not Enough Bandages
Nibble On That, Hot Stuff
Bisquick and Pancakes
Ugging Bumplies
Something To Talk About
Who Are You Really Doing This For
Your Brand-New Beginning

Carol's Kick Ass Casserole

32 6 0
Galing kay AlecxMaeGallego

"The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher." 

- Chinese Proverb

Confusion set on Aliya's face while Deanna looked at her expectedly. The camera by her side felt intimidating to Aliya, like it was an unfamiliar yet familiar concept. Aliya cringed, "You want to film us talking?" she asked staring at the camera. Deanna smiled and nodded at her kindly, trying to ease her apprehension. 

Seeing as how stuck Aliya became, Deanna ushered her to her seat. She could see how cautious Aliya was, a fact that tugged at her heartstrings. She must've been through a lot for her to be so rigid and tense around other people. Deanna's eyes fell on Aliya's shaking fists before she lifted her gaze up to Aliya's wary eyes. "We think highly of transparency here." she explained, still patiently waiting for Aliya to open up. 

After a few heartbeats, Aliya nodded and watched Deanna set her camera up. She was thankful that the camera was near level with Deanna's face so she wouldn't feel awkward about talking to a camera. 

"How long have you been out there, Aliya?" 

Deanna crossed her legs and clasped her hand on her crossed knees. Aliya looked away from the camera and stared right back at Deanna. She cleared her throat, "Since all this shit went down." she answered sharply, not liking how vulnerable she feels talking about her past with a stranger. Deanna flinched at Aliya's choice of colourful words but shook it off immediately. 

There was something about the way Deanna carried herself that intrigued Aliya. How untouched was this community that Deanna still acted like the world was the same as ever? Deanna looked at Aliya with amusement, noticing that as she observes Aliya, Aliya observes her too. "The others..." she trailed off, noticing how tense Aliya became at the mention of her family. "How long have you been with each other?" 

"They took me in. Rescued me." Aliya answered quickly. Deanna smiled understandingly, "Ali-" she was immediately cut off by Aliya who shifted in her seat. Aliya propped her elbows on her knees and leered at her, "What do you want? What's all this shit for?" she asked accusingly. This was all too good to be true, the way Deanna carried herself messed with Aliya's head. 

Why them? Why would Deanna want to take them in? After observing them for a long time why now? She had a lot of questions, some of those she knows there is no right answer for. But could you blame her? After being fucked over by everything they came into contact with, all she trusts is the others. 

Deanna felt for Aliya. She wore her heart on her sleeve and her body does not lie, she was a broken person. The way her eyes never relaxed, her jaw permanently clenched, her shoulders permanently tensed, it's like her body forgot how to be human anymore. Always on guard. "I know you've been through a lot, I can see it in your eyes." she coaxed gently, making Aliya squint her eyes in suspicion. 

"But you have to move forward. You cannot always focus on the bad things and push away the good ones. You're only hurting yourself." 

Aliya scoffed at her and rolled her eyes, much to Deanna's amusement. "What are you, a therapist?" she sneered, disliking the way Deanna looks at her. She felt like he was belittling her, like Deanna felt that she understood her deeply. It was getting under her skin. Deanna knew her question was rhetorical but still, she felt like answering. "No, but I was a congressperson." 

Deanna could see that Aliya was not amused and not surprised. Aliya stared Deanna up and down before looking away, "Figured as much." she muttered before sitting up straight. Not seeing the others is making her agitated, her skin is prickling in stress. Remembering Aliya's question from before, Deanna called for Aliya, "Security." 

The word hang around the air for some time before Aliya acknowledged it, "What does that have to do with us?" she asked, genuinely wanting an answer. Seeing as they lasted this long, Aliya doubted that they really needed anybody else. "It has everything to do with all of you. I know having you inside these walls, with us, will help us thrive." Deanna uncrossed her legs and stood up. 

"I know it." she nodded with conviction as she watched Aliya stand up slowly. Aliya put both of her hands in her pocket as she nodded, "Okay..." she whispered to herself. Was this really safe for them? For Judith? For Carl? For Daryl? Peeking at Deanna through her lashes, she made eye contact with her, "Okay." she repeated as she nodded. 

Deanna smiled at her and walked towards the door, opening it for her. Aliya took a deep breath and collected her stuff before bidding her goodbye, leaving the room. She thought that leaving the room would ease her tension but the moment she stepped foot out of the room, her body immediately warmed with alertness. 

She jumped when Daryl suddenly appeared in front of her, his worried eyes looking over her entirety. "She do anything?" he asked as he looked into her eyes. She shook her head with a tight smile, caressing his arms to soothe him of his worries. She nodded at the direction of the door, "It's your turn." she reminded him. Daryl looked at his shoes before looking back up at her, "I'll see you in a minute." he mumbled before manoeuvring her to the side, opening the door to Deanna's office. 

----

Daryl's interview with Deanna went by quick and based on Daryl's mood, it went okay too. Aliya was watching Daryl gut the possum by the porch stairs when she heard Carl ask Rick if he could tour the houses. "Be quick." he nodded at Carl who immediately jogged towards the neighbouring house. Carol and Rick exchanged glances, as if communicating with their eyes. Without a word, Carol followed after Carl to inspect the next house. 

Aliya looked at Rick and smiled at Judith in his arms. "How are you?" she asked gently. Rick was taken aback for a bit before he nodded at her, "Clean." he answered, making Aliya chuckle. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head teasingly, "Hmm, I don't know. I quite miss the beard." Rick smiled as Aliya walked towards him and crouched down to be level with Judith, "Right, Judith? Dad rocked the beard quite well, huh?" she cooed, playing with Judith's little hand. 

Judith held out her arms for Aliya who looked at Rick for permission. Her heart warmed at Judith's affection. Rick chuckled as he gave Judith to her, "We'll be back in a minute." he informed her. They were gonna sweep the perimeter of the two houses, inspect it from top to bottom and the surrounding land; left to right. They might've given them two houses side by side, but it could still be them trying to round them up. 

Aliya stared at Judith's pink-cheeked face with adoration, "You've got us all wrapped around your little finger, huh?" she cooed, gently pinching her chubby cheeks. Judith's eyes flickered as her lips turned to a smile, her head tilting to the side at Aliya's feather-like touch, tickling her. 

She was busy entertaining Judith when she noticed Daryl and Rick watching her fondly. She chuckled nervously and smiled at them, "Clear?" she asked as her gaze flickered back and forth between the two. Daryl's eyes settled on her while Rick's settled on Judith, "Clear." Daryl confirmed. Rick nodded as his hands settled on his waist, "We'll all be staying in one house tonight." he announced. 

Aliya nodded nonchalantly, feigning her ignorance to Daryl's staring problem. He was always broodingly staring at her and sometimes it made her feel self-conscious, but mostly made her feel secure. He was always watching her, checking on her and seeing her. She nodded at him when she couldn't take it, "That staring problem of yours is gonna get you hit." she grumbled. Daryl snorted before shaking his head, "Let's head in." he urged her to get in the house, ignoring her previous statement. 

==+==

"You don't want to explore?" Aliya asked. Rick has urged them to explore the ground if they wanted but they both passed on that idea. Mainly because Aliya was too relaxed in the balcony to move while Daryl just didn't feel like doing so. He shook his head and threw the twig he has been twirling in his hand. Aliya shrugged and looked towards the clean and quiet road. 

This was everything she hoped Camellia would've eventually grown to be. A functioning community full of life and purpose. Noticing her deep stare, Daryl called to her, "You wanna go explore?" he asked hesitantly. He hadn't had an ounce of interest in exploring Alexandria but it might help take whatever is in Aliya's mind away. Aliya blew a breath and smiled at him, "Nah, this balcony is too comfortable." Daryl smirked and nodded. 

"Did you sleep good?" he asked after a moment of comfortable silence. They've been constantly on the move and now that they have a moment to rest, they're taking full advantage of it. She nodded with a satisfied smile, "Best one I've had in a while." she declared, watching Daryl's face. He snorted a laugh, "I bet. You were twitching like a fiddle." he teased making her roll her eyes. 

"You're complaining?" she asked mockingly challenging him. He squinted his eyes at her and scowled, "Ain't you tired of putting words into my mouth?" he challenged back. This was their thing, trying to rile up each other every chance they got. Aliya looked away to hide her smile which didn't go unnoticed. Daryl jerked his head and motioned for her to sit beside him, "C'mere." he demanded. 

If it came from anybody else, it would've pissed Aliya off. But since it was Daryl who said it, she obeyed sheepishly. Riling him up always worked in her favour seeing as she now sat beside him while their hands played with each other's fingers. They were never into public displays of affection but seeing as everybody was busy in their own little world, they allowed themselves a little bit of moment. 

Last night, they slept beside each other on the wooden bench. Aliya had her head on his lap while he, stubbornly, stayed sat up straight with his back against the wall. He was absentmindedly caressing her face with his rough hands as he looked out of the window. Both basking in the comfort they bring to each other,  not noticing that Rick had watched them for a while, with a satisfied smile on his face. 

"Don't you think you're due for a shower?" 

Daryl looked at her with a disgusted frown and was about to respond when Carol popped up from the door. Aliya smiled at her fondly, liking how committed Carol was to her role. Carol winked at her before looking at Daryl, "Time to punch the clock and make casseroles!" Carol announced cheerfully, her voice high-pitched with pretentious excitement. Daryl's disgusted frown deepened as he looked at Carol. 

It was amusing to watch Daryl look at Carol like she has grown a third head. Aliya understands what Carol was playing at, she's just putting on her sheep's clothing. She applauds Carol for her quick thinking - she only wished she did something of the same meter. Daryl found Carol's appearance ridiculous, scoffing at her pretend enthusiasm, "All right." he grumbled, shaking his head as he continued playing with Aliya's hand.

Aliya beamed at Carol, "I bet you make kick ass casseroles, Carol." 

Daryl snorted and looked in between the two women with an exasperated expression. They enjoyed the way Daryl was reacting and was milking it. Carol didn't miss the way Daryl was playing with Aliya's hand gently as he rolled his eyes at her. Who knew he would be that affectionate? Carol waved at Aliya before she made her way to the stairs, "Taken a shower yet?" she asked as her eyes raked all over his figure. 

He still had his dirty clothes on with his skin tattered with equally stubborn grime. As if only noticing his dirtiness, Aliya scooted away with an exaggerated grimace in her face. Daryl turned to her and glared before pulling her back by her hand. Aliya chuckled and looked up at Carol, "He needs one, huh?" she teased back. Carol nodded, "Seeing as you're glued to him, you'd need one too." 

Aliya snorted when Carol threatened to hose them both down in their sleep. Daryl turned his head towards Carol's retreating figure, "You look ridiculous!" he called out. 

----

The gates opened and spat out Glenn, Tara, Noah, Aiden and Nicholas. Seeing the way Glenn's face was hard and his walk swagged out, Aliya and Daryl knew there was tension brewing. They both walked towards them with their eyes trained on Aiden who pushed Glenn repeatedly, his smug face nearing Glenn's stoic one. 

Daryl walked closer to the side while Aliya stayed in her place, watching the scene unfold. Aiden looked at her briefly before he turned to swing at Glenn who docked it gracefully before planting one in Aiden's face. It was obviously a power play and Glenn has just served Aiden a piece of humble pie. Well, more so like Glenn force fed the guy. 

Nicholas stepped up to avenge Aiden but was immediately shut down by Daryl who tackled him to the ground. It was a no-brainer that Daryl could harm the man in a few minutes which is why Rick immediately ran towards the two, holding Daryl back. You would notice that in life, those who can fight were the ones who were held back. Aiden stood up from the ground and readied himself to come at Glenn once again but was stared down by Michonne, "Wanna end up on your ass again?" she challenged. 

It was quite the show for Alexandrians, seeing the newbies defy their authoritative figures unapologetically. Deanna looked around, seeing the expressions on her people's faces before speaking up, "They are a part of this community now in all ways as equals!" 

Aiden still had his smug smile as he stared at Aliya while his mother berated him and Nicholas. Deanna knew how her son was, and seeing the way he looked at Aliya, she was almost scared of how it would unravel between Daryl and him. But seeing as how defiantly Aliya was staring back at her son, she became twice as nervous. Deanna didn't miss the way Aliya didn't even flinch when Daryl tackled Nicholas, and the way she didn't make a move to hold him back proved that she had no weak bone in her body. 

Deanna reluctantly moved her gaze away from Aliya and briefly glanced at Aiden and Nicholas, "Then you two come talk to me." she demanded. Everybody started dispersing while Rick and the others stayed in their places. Aliya watched as Aiden smirked at her before turning around to walk away. Douchebag. Daryl witnessed the whole exchanged and fumed, his fist tightened as his pacing quickened. He knows what the look meant and he hated it. 

Daryl despised the fact that Michonne and Rick accepted being the constables of this community. Was he the only one that thought this was going way too fast? He shook his head in disdain as he snatched his bow off of the ground, marching away to cool his temper off. Aliya stayed in her place but her head craned as she followed Daryl's figure with her gaze. When she came to, Deanna was already in front of her. 

She stilled as she stared at her, confused as to why she was looking at her like she was her holy grail. Deanna smiled at her, "I want you to be my enforcer." It was a well-calculated decision on Deanna's part. Aliya didn't tolerate any bullshit and seemed to always get the job done. She was a leader in her own sense, as seen as how she behaved in the audition. 

Aliya blinked slowly as she smiled at Deanna sarcastically, "You want me to do your dirty work." she accused. Deanna expected Aliya to uphold the laws of Alexandria, to call out bullshit when she sees it and to act on it according to Alexandrian laws. "Ain't that the same as being constable?" she challenged, her frown deepening. Deanna shook her head, "I want you to keep my people and your people in check." 

Realisation hit Aliya like a brick as she squinted her eyes at her, "You want me to keep your son in check." she accused. She saw the way Aiden looked at Aliya and knew that her son held an affection towards her. Deanna was aware of how selfish it was but having Aliya as an enforcer was not entirely for her and her motherly tendencies. Aliya was fit for the role. 

With a guilty smile, Deanna nodded, "That, too." she sheepishly confirmed. It was somewhat an offensive ask but being an enforcer meant that Aliya would finally have a distinct role, something she has been craving ever since she lost Camellia. She would finally have a purpose, something she could do to keep them inside the walls and safe. After a while of reflection, she nodded grimly, making Deanna's smile wider. 

Aliya shrugged before turning around to come back to their house. Daryl would love this news. 

It was already dark outside and everybody else was inside the house other than Daryl and Aliya. She puffed smoke out of the side of her lips as she stared at Daryl, "She gave me a role too." she informed, her heart beating fast as she watched the disdain in his face. He blew smoke out of his lips, "What role?" he asked as he tapped his cigarette against the railing. Aliya sighed and did the same before looking up at him, "I'm her enforcer." 

Daryl's head lifted up slightly as he stared at her. She was nervous at how he would react to the news. Seeing as how much Rick and Michonne's acceptance to their roles pissed him off. But he only smirked and nodded, "Suits you." he mumbled, making Aliya grin wide. Aliya was still smiling at him when Rick came into view, clad in police uniform. Daryl mimicked Aliya's stance as they both straightened up, staring at Rick in awe and hesitance. 

The two exchanged greetings before he nodded at Rick, "You a cop again?" he asked, his eyes observing Rick's confident posture. Rick sighed, "Just trying it on for size." he faced Daryl with his hands on his pockets while Daryl nodded as he tapped his cigarette on his palm. Aliya blew smoke out of her lips as she walked towards them, "We're staying?" she asked. Rick looked at her and nodded as he told them that it was safe enough to sleep in their own homes. 

Although she already had a job offer, she was still hesitant in staying. Staying meant accepting the way the Alexandrians lived and it wasn't strong. Weakness was a disease and it sure was deadly infectious. Rick noticed the turmoil behind Aliya's eyes and re-assured her that they will make it work. 

Aliya crossed her arms in front of her as she stared at Rick's back, "If they can't make it?" she asked. Rick turned towards her after a few seconds of silence, a sinister look on his face, 

"Then we'll just take this place." 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

45.6K 2K 25
"Push me away all you want but I'm just gonna pull you right back to me." Ellie Grimes hadn't planned for the end of the world, she doubted anyone di...
901 34 19
~ "the world was on fire and no one could save me but you" Vivian harper was simply trying to find her way in the end of the world and protect her li...
2.1K 209 22
Death is a universal, unavoidable fate that awaits the entire human species. While it does sound morbid, it also gives us a sense of connection to th...
124K 3.5K 79
'๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...' *** H...