Soul Mate.

By Clover_four1

"I want her to myself. But I would never let her know that..." TW More

Veiwer Introducion.
Chapter 1: Undeniable Hatred.
Chapter 2. Library Gossiping
Chapter 3. Self Control.
Chapter 4. Party Planning Breakthroughs
Chapter 6: Diary Entry 272
Chapter 7: You're drunk.
Chapter 8: Hangover Decisions
Chapter 9: Her.

Chapter 5. They can't hear you anymore

1.3K 19 17
By Clover_four1

"Brilliant, that's just absolutely most definitely brilliant." Blaise's loud voice traveled down the halls like he'd been mic'd up. 

"What's happening?" Pansy walked out of her classroom which I was waiting for her to finish. "I think Theo's trying to sell Blaise on a drug that'll make him confident or something. Apparently Harry took some and it boosted his luck, or mood. I'm not too sure."

"For what exactly? And since when was it a good idea to be taking potions via Theo?" We laughed. Our free period was now, so out of habit and good old tradition on a Friday, Pansy and I begun walking towards the courtyard for a snack. 

The halls were crowded and packed with tiny first years, clearly all headed to the same class. Care of magical creatures by the looks of things. 

"Miss... Y/N." A low grouchy voice echoed behind us both. I swiftly turned to see who was calling me, but I didn't need a face to put to that voice. 

"Professor Snape... Can I help you at all?" I enquired him. Pansy hated Snape with a passion. He terrified her, but of course he had no knowledge of this. "I'm gonna go, catch up with me later?"  I nodded and she hurriedly stalked off. 

"As a matter of fact yes you can Miss Y/N. I'm sure you are well aware of the detention Professor Slug horn set you and Malfoy a couple weeks ago?" 

Shit. I forgot about that. 

"Oh well, yes but I forgo-"

"And I'm sure you wouldn't be skipping detention to go off and enjoy a free period when you are well aware of this?" In all fairness, I wasn't skipping. 

"Well no but honestly I just forgo-"

"Miss Y/N you failed to show up to last weeks detention which I will only let slide once considering Malfoy had given you a reminded the day of."

What? No he did not. That inconsiderable lying bastard. 

"Well then, lets not let that happen again, shall we?"

"Yes professor..."

"Good. Now follow me and we may begin your session." He stated sternly and turned around in his cloak, guiding me to the dungeons where our detention was being held. 

The dungeons were cold and draughty. Not like our common room. Particularly these parts of the dungeons... Snape's office lay in the deepest part of the castle, which made for a very intimidating profile. No wonder he looks sick all the time. He barely gets any sun the poor man. 

The dungeon door swung open allowing Snape a 'mini-grand entrance' very much his style. Low and behold, I was not going to be the only one with detention this period. I had hoped he wasn't going to show since he had already sat his punishment. But no. There he was. Dark enchanting eyes, an expressionless face and the same gripping hands on the table, which had held my throat one too many times. Fuck him. Fuck this. 

Lets just get this over with. I shot him a glare and sat down, then faced Snape who was already watching me with eagle eyes from the front of the classroom. 

"Now you two." He started. "I want this classroom spotless. The previous first years" He rolled his eyes in annoyance "have been spilling and burning all sorts of things in here last period. You may not use your wands.  I want you to turn them in to me before I leave. You will have around three hours."

"Wait three hours?" I questioned in outrage. "With him. You want me to spend three hours in a classroom with  him?"

"Miss Y/N I am not saying you have to socialize with Mr malfoy for these three hours. I just don't want one of you dead by the time I get back. You were set a detention because you could not be civil."

"Exactly so why would you put me in a class with-"

"Oh forgods sake turn in your wands and clean." He said, sounding extremely irritated now.

I got up out of my chair and dropped my wand onto his desk, not caring where it landed. Mafloy rolled his eyes at me and handed Snape his wand too.

"The door will be locked. I shall place a silencing charm across the door so no passers by can hear your awful bickering if you happen to start." Snape shot a glance at me.

I opened my mouth to protest, but Snape had already left us. Alone. In a quiet classroom with no sound but the bubbling from an overflowing cauldron.

---------------------------------------------------------

An hour in. I was starving. Draco and I hadn't moved from our own sides of the classroom. We were both cleaning what was close to us. Hell could be burning a house for me right now and I would still refuse to go near him.

Not because he intimates me. Well?  In all the ways he shouldn't he can. But not in general. In all honesty, I was more afraid of what he meant by his last words to me at the breakfast table.

"You'll regret that one."

Pfft yeah right. Okay 'Mr. I'm so sexually intimidating and your core shifts everytime you talk to me and your stomach gets butterflies because I know exactly how to talk down to you like the whore you are.'

Holy jesus calm down Y/N where did that come from..?

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU PRICK!" I shouted at malfoy who had somehow gotten inside my head with a charm and manipulated my thoughts. I swung around to face him, and seen him glaring at me with an ever so subtle smirk. He had a wand in his hands. How the hell did he have a wand.

"You alright over there Cortia? Magic got your tongue?" He laughed deeply to himself.

I gave him a glare. Cold as I could, and turned back around to my cauldron trying not to care. "Just put the damn thing away." I spoke coldly, then gave him the silent treatment.

"Whatever you say..."

The final cauldron I had been working on was polished to perfection, however I kept replacing marks on it with a dirty cloth so I had more to clean over here and less time to move over there.

"You almost done that thing? You've been scrubbing it for at least 25 minutes." His voice echoed up the high hollow ceiling.

I turned around to see Malfoy sitting coolly on a stool which he had pulled up, playing with a peice of paper.

"Are you being serious? Have you even cleaned anything?" I spat annoyed.

"No, not really." He replied cooly. The anger was building up inside of me. And I can't tell if it was because he was being sly, or not caring I had been there. Usually he takes his chances with threatening me. But he had been oddly normal and it was throwing me off big time.

"Then can you? As much as I would love to be spending more time with you-" I rolled my eyes "I don't want to be in here for the rest of the afternoon."

"We will be anyway, Snape said 3 hours and we're only a third of the way in. So, better get comfy princess."

I froze for a second. Princess... really? It had a nice ring to it I must admit, and it sounded great coming from his mouth towards me-

"Oh so you like that one hu?"

Fuck, the wand.

"What? What are you talking about." I  replied, trying to sound disgusted.

"If you're going to use that wand at all, please for the love of god at least clean your side of the classroom." I asked I annoyance.

"Fine. But it's fun hearing your thoughts."

The air all of a sudden felt rather awkward. In a quick flick, Malfoys entire side of the classroom was slick clean. The cauldrons neatly stacked themselfs, and the cloths polished away. Show off.

I sat down at the table, tapping my fingers on the desk, bored and wandering what to do for the next couple hours. Sleep? No. Not with him there. He might try to kill me if I'm not carful.

"I won't try to kill you."

"OH FUCK OFF WILL YOU? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"No."

I was stunned to this response I will admit. Usually wizard law tells us to respect anothers boundaries when it comes to mind charms, but then again this was Malfoy.

"Can I just ask you-" I faced him still boiling my frustration. "Why do you pick on me? What is your problem. Why do you only target me hu?"

"I dont only target you cortia. Get your head out of your own ass you're not that special."

That set me off. I stood up from my desk, holding my shaking violent hands against it. I pushed my chair out and begun to walk towards him. He deserved alot more than a punch right now.

Draco stood up as well, facing me. But he didn't move. He stood, waiting until I got up close to him.

"What? What are you gonna do?" He sneered. "Smack me? Pathetic little girl."

I pushed his shoulders back so he stumbled a few feet. He looked surprised. As I raised my hand to aim for a punch, he gripped my wrists and swiveled me around so he had ground. I struggled my hands, attempting to get free, but it didn't work.

He stood there, holding up my wrists by my face, looking bored into my eyes.

"Nice try." He let me go.

"What?"

"I said nice try Cortia."

"So now you won't fight me? Fucking pussy, fight me!" I yelled.

"You want me to fight you?" He said sounding persuaded.

"Yes. Yes I want you to fucking fight me." I spat. I'm not too sure where this confidence came from.

Slowly, he approached me. Step by step, his shoes on the coble floor were the only sound echoing through the walls. I stood tall, trying to be intimidating to some extention.

Draco never removed his eye contact with me, right until he stood a few centimetres away. He looked down on my tiny figure, well, tiny compared to him.

And though I expected him to push me, or grip me, or hit me. His hand gently glided under my arm and around my waist, pulling me in close to him. The distance between us was short once again. But unlike how it usually went, he lent in close to me. My breath hitched.

I felt his breath against my forehead as I starred at the buttons on his shirt.

"No" He whispered. His grip tightened around my waist and his lips placed a gentle kiss on my head.

My mind swirled, full of confusion, and anger, and- and relief? I dont know, but it was a feeling unknown to me. I didn't like it.

I looked back to meet his eyes. He looked a complete different person like this. He looked, almost caring...

"I won't fight you Y/N. Not today." He said, his voice didn't change. It was still stern. Only this time the tiniest notes of concern carried through.

"Why not?" I persued my argument.

"Princess, they can't hear you anymore. There's no point if people won't hear your argument or see you win a fight. Because that's what it's about isn't it? People seeing you be all tough against me. Nothing more than a publicity stunt?"

I was amazed at this. I certainly wasn't expecting that response.

"What makes you think any of this is a publicity stunt?" I questioned enraged.

"Because you only start shit when other people can hear you." He replied sounding like he knew it all.

"No. I start shit with you because you piss me off. You're an arrogant son of a bitch with a rich daddy who thinks he owns everything he sees." I tried keeping my temper.

He looked confused. Really confused.

"Good. That means I can start doing it in private as well. Because believe you me I hate you just as much."

"I can't believe you." I scoffed.

I sat back down. I couldn't even look at him.

---------------------------------------------------------

An hour and a half later, we were sat in silence still. I hadn't moved, nor had he. My eyes were glued to the table.

"Half an hour left." I said sharply, keeping my eyes and body where they were.

"I know how to read time." He responded.

For the first time ever, it felt like we were properly and personally mad at each other. Or, I dont know. Bothered by each other. It felt very different this time to our usual intense squabbling.

"Where did you get the wand from." I asked sounding uninterested.

"Someone left it." He spoke.

"Cool."

What an awkward place this has gotten to be.

The door burst open and Snape waltzed in. He stopped at the desk and inspected the classroom. He looked quick shocked and I imagine that's because the classroom wasn't in dust and broken chairs.

"Right then." He said sharply looking at us both. "Come and collect your wands."

"Your half an hour earl-" I begun, but stopped when I realised I could escape this hell hole quicker.

"Never mind." I piped down again.

Malfoy stood up briskly and walked to the desk, collecting his wand and swiftly leaving the classroom. I watched him from my seat and didn't move until he was gone.

As I stood up to grab my wand, snap stopped me.
"Miss Y/N." He started. I looked at him. He had sympathy written all over his eyes.

"I'm aware I was half an hour early." He said, as of hinting me on.

I nodded in response. "Yes sir, sorry sir." I grabbed my wand and walked out of the classroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 49 28
She's his princess and he's her prince
449K 9.2K 55
Platinum Blonde hair, aristocratic features, cold hands gripping her thighs, sweet nothings, vulgar words and moonlit eyes showing how badly he would...
14.6K 332 27
a dracoxreader slowburn story <3 includes smut so viewer discretion is advised! love you guys and hope you're all having a great day :)
349 57 43
"They'd have to be foolish to love me" "I suppose I'm foolish"