Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 22: Never Without You

58 0 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The following day*

-Narae's POV-

It is the subsequent morning, and you are back at the company. Last night, you couldn't sleep much since Eunju's visit disturbed your dreams. However, today, you wanted to come as nothing happened and focus on the work at hand. Once again, your team gathered around to finish the current project. Everything is going well, and it seems that today, most of the project will get finished.

Right now, you are placing your things together, settling everything on your desk before starting today's activities. But before you could continue, you felt someone approaching your way, briefly finding Jaemin walking to your place.

-Hey, you have to come with me. – Jaemin suddenly said as you continued to put your belongings on the desk.

-Is there anything you need? – You politely asked.

-My father wants us at his office. – Jaemin mentioned, making you look at him, confused.

Eunju.

-Why? – You asked.

-We are in trouble. – Jaemin said, which you nodded for, understanding the upcoming confrontation.

You took a deep breath before leaving your stuff, briefly looking at Ella with a stern expression.

-Ella, Mark. Check on the customer while I'm gone. – You asked your friends.

-Sure! – Ella answered.

-On it! – Mark said while taking out his paperwork, and then you looked back at Jaemin.

-Let's go. – Jaemin said before both of you walked out of the department's area.

You passed by many employees, and it appears like everyone knows that something is going on between you two. It made you feel anxious, but you tried to hold it together since the worse part hasn't come. Immediately, you thought that Mr. Na wanted to see you with Jaemin because of Eunju; after all, she did tell you about a hidden ace.

Eventually, you reached Mr. Na's office. Jaemin opened the door for you before both of you got inside the room and immediately noticed the severe look on Jaemin's father.

-You are the head of the marketing department of the company. You are also the image of the future generation in this office alongside Ms. Cha. And you have the guts to ruin it all for an adventure, only because you wanted to experience something else. Don't you, son? – Mr. Na questioned, looking annoyed and disappointed.

-What are you talking about, Father? – Jaemin asked, confused.

Mr. Na opened his desk's drawer, shortly pulling out an envelope full of photos, all of them of yesterday's lunch with Jaemin. Your eyes widen while analyzing the pictures in front of you, but Jaemin immediately looked at them and crossed his arms.

-How did you get these? – Jaemin asked.

-That isn't the point, Jaemin. You betrayed my trust by putting your attention on this lady, forgetting about the work! – Mr. Na angrily spoke.

-Mr. Na, with all respect, your son isn't leaving his job aside. – You mentioned, slightly anxious.

-Did I ask you to speak, young lady? – Mr. Na sternly spoke while looking at you. Immediately, you shook your head before facing down. Then, Mr. Na glanced back at Jaemin. -You betrayed your father! The person you must see as your present and future is Eunju, not her. – Mr. Na claimed while looking angrier than before.

-Father, I won't marry Eunju; she doesn't have anything I search in a woman. – Jaemin sternly spoke.

-Jaemin, Eunju is a girl you know since very young, and her father is our business partner. So, don't start with lame excuses! – Mr. Na said, making you realize that his words triggered Jaemin.

-Mr. Na—

You tried to speak, but Mr. Na cut you off. -I had high hopes for you in this company. But you ruined your position after this situation, Ms. Cha. You will immediately leave your job after the project with Yong's Corporation. – Mr. Na spoke, making you look at him in shock.

-If she goes, I'm not staying either! – Jaemin sternly raised his voice.

-Sir, you don't have to sacrifice anything for me. I understand Mr. Na's position. – You spoke, making Jaemin look at you, annoyed.

-Narae! You won't go unless I say so, and I won't let my father destroy us because of Eunju! – Jaemin angrily said before facing his father. -Cha Narae has efficiently worked since she began her journey in this company; she has done more than Sonu Eunju. Therefore, she will keep her position regardless of your propositions, father. – Jaemin solemnly claimed before taking your hand.

-Jaemin, stop. – You murmured, concerned.

-This woman has taught me to live better, love myself, and appreciate my past. And yes, we are together, and I'm the happiest man by her side. – Jaemin sincerely spoke before tightening his grasp on your hand.

-You are still fired after we collaborate with Yong's Corporation. – Mr. Na spoke, which you bowed for as a response.

-You are selfish, father. I won't marry Eunju, and I will bring my entire team out of the company. Mother would want it my way, and you know that. I should be the one feeling disappointed, but I guess you don't care about anyone else but yourself. – Jaemin sternly said, resentment taking over his words. -Come on, love. You don't deserve to hear these nonsensical words. – Jaemin spoke before guiding you towards the exit.

-Ms. Cha. – Mr. Na spoke, causing you to stop Jaemin's way.

-Yes, Mr. Na? – You politely answered.

-What did you want to say? – Mr. Na questioned.

Jaemin scoffed at his father's words, but you looked at him, upset. -Stop it. – You told Jaemin before looking back at his father. -I wanted to say that Jaemin's happiness is more relevant than a business treaty. And keep an eye on your wished daughter-in-law; you might find things you didn't expect. I also know that Ms. Sonu gave you those photos because she came last night to tell me about them. – You disclosed before bowing one last time at your boss, and then you walked out of the office with Jaemin by your side.

Hold your emotions together, Narae. You have to stay steady and firm.

You took a deep breath before Jaemin stopped, briefly holding you between his arms. You hid your face against his embrace, attempting to keep your emotions calm after the abrupt confrontation with Mr. Na.

-You defended us. – You spoke while stroking Jaemin's back.

-I know, it's crazy, huh? But don't worry, Narae, I won't let you fall. – Jaemin said, trying to keep you calm with his sudden laughter. Then, he held your face between his hands. -Why didn't you tell me that Eunju threatened you again? – Jaemin questioned.

-I didn't plan to, but I thought Mr. Na needed to know more about Eunju's intentions. – You admitted before holding Jaemin's hand. -I'm sorry for not telling you before. – You sincerely said.

-It's alright. For now, only focus on the project, and we'll talk about this after work, okay? – Jaemin told you, which you nodded for in response. -That's my girl. – He sighed before kissing your head, then holding you against him.

-Jaemin, please don't quit the company. This place needs your guidance, and you are doing so well. – You told Jaemin, causing him to step aside from you.

-Narae, I can't let you go just like that. – Jaemin spoke.

-I won't go from your side; I'm only going to work for someone else. – You claimed, but Jaemin's expression remained the same. -There's nothing you can do about your father's order, alright? But that doesn't mean that I won't stay and protect you as we promised. – You assured Jaemin before caressing his hair.

Eventually, Jaemin nodded before taking a deep breath, and then he hugged you against him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 536 31
How can you stay in this world full of vampires? - READ TAGALOG VERSION HERE: @_jeongpeaches Date Started: November 2, 2021 Date Finished:
173K 4.4K 41
Lee Jeno #1 "Why do you keep denying the fact that the baby is mine?" - Lee Jeno. "You don't have to follow other people's beauty standard, to be pre...
37.6K 1.5K 46
โ™ก school romance "I don't deserve you Jaemin..." "What makes you say that?" "You're a kind, considerate, intelligent and humble person. The most of t...
154K 3.2K 22
"Please, I just want to talk." I was scared of him. He was going to hurt me. If he killed Moonbin, he could kill me too. Started : April 17, 2020 Co...