Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths

75 1 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I'm standing next to Narae, watching how she confronts Eunju after her sudden appearance at the company. It appears that both of them are full of hatred for each other, which makes me wonder what else have I missed from their rivalry.

-You feel empowered because you've gained Jaemin's trust, don't you? – Eunju questioned while looking at Narae. -Let me tell you something, dear. Jaemin only cares about your performance as a co-worker, an employee, and nothing else. – Eunju claimed, making me feel angrier than before due to her hurtful comment.

-At least he cares about me in a way, but Jaemin doesn't even think about you at all. – Narae pointed out, not holding back her words.

Eunju chuckled. -Are you serious? How can you talk that way in front of your boss, Cha Narae? Don't you feel ashamed? – Eunju mocked, causing Narae to glance at me. I noticed the shine of her eyes, letting me know that she's starting to lose her patience.

-Eunju, I believe you said enough. Now, I will ask you to stop coming to this company's area; you aren't welcome anymore, and I'll let my father know about your behavior. – I sternly spoke while looking at Eunju.

She looked at me in shock. -Baby, but I only came here for you. I didn't expect to see you with this girl. – Eunju claimed before clinging onto my arm. -Please, I want to give you the time you deserve, baby. – Eunju continued to say, causing Narae to become annoyed.

I got away from Eunju's grasp before fixing my jacket. -I'm politely asking you to stop this behavior, Eunju. But if you don't want to listen, I'll let your father know as well. – I claimed before taking Narae's hand. -Let's go. – I told Narae, who nodded in response. Then, she took her bag and looked one more time at Eunju, briefly walking away from there by my side.

We walked towards the staircase and immediately began to go down. I held Narae's hand tightly as we continued our way out. But suddenly, Narae pulled my hand, causing me to stop my way. She worriedly looked at me before I caressed her cheek, and then she closed her eyes and faced somewhere else.

-I wanted to put Eunju in her place; why did you intervene? – Narae questioned, pouting like a child. I chuckled at her reaction before smiling at her.

-Love, I don't want you to get in trouble, okay? – I told Narae before she glanced back at me. -Listen to me, for once, do as I say. Stop fighting with Eunju when she appears at the company, and try to avoid her if it's possible. – I spoke, which Narae nodded for in response.

-But you know that she won't stop here, don't you? – Narae questioned.

-Yes, I assume she's not giving up, but that doesn't mean anything. I will protect you as much as possible, and I'll make sure that you stay with me. – I assured Narae, causing her to smile at my words.

-I trust you. But I shouldn't leave all the struggles to you, Jaemin. I'm also going to do my best to keep Eunju out of our lives. – Narae sincerely said before holding my hand again.

-Alright. Now, let's go to eat somewhere nearby. I'm starving after all the work I had. – I told Narae, who nodded in response. Then, we continued to go towards the exit while still holding each other's hands.

*Later that day*

After walking out of the company, I drove to a café alongside Narae. I wanted to go somewhere I haven't taken her before; after all, I want us to talk and have some time together before we have to go back to our respective homes. Fortunately, when we arrived at the place, Narae got pleasantly surprised by my selection. And after it, our lunch continued as we ordered our food and talked between us. I tried to leave Eunju's situation out of our conversation; therefore, I let Narae speak more about anything she wished, which made the day brighter than before.

Right now, I'm listening to Narae's anecdote, something she experienced with Mark and Jeno. It's fun to hear what she has to say while drinking coffee, and since there aren't many people around, the background music is filling up the silence of the café.

-I enjoyed camping with Mark and Jeno, but after we got lost inside the forest, I doubted the following trips with only the three of us. – Narae disclosed, causing me to chuckle slightly.

-And how did you find your way back to the cottage? – I asked before drinking more coffee.

-We walked around the forest until we found the lights Jeno dropped before getting deeper into the woods. But it took us almost all day, so we arrived late in the night. – Narae explained before taking a deep breath. -The last camping trip was better, though. This time, Haechan and Chenle came with us, and we didn't get lost. – Narae pointed out, smiling while remembering her adventures.

-And would you like to go again? – I asked.

-Yes! But I want everyone to come, and Ella should join the adventure as well. Most of the time, she doesn't want to go because she doesn't want to leave her technology aside. – Narae mentioned, making me chuckle slightly.

-I relate to Ella a lot, then. – I admitted.

-Are you for real? – Narae asked, surprised.

I nodded. -I enjoy the outdoors, but after getting inside my father's company, I depended on my phone only to know how everything's going whenever I'm not at the office. I feel annoyed due to it, but I can't do anything about it. – I disclosed before holding Narae's hand on the table. -But I could always make an exception for you. – I smiled at my girlfriend, making her blush immediately.

-Ah, Jaemin! Stop teasing me for once in the day, could you? – Narae protested before drinking her coffee. I chuckled at her reaction before kissing her hand while focusing on her smile.

-Are you looking at me that way because you like my smile? – Narae questioned while placing the cup on the table.

I nodded. -I love it. I always did, but I guess I never understood why you could smile so much all the time. – I revealed, causing Narae to laugh at my words.

-I'm a happy person, Jaemin! I tend to think about positive things and enjoy the present time. But whenever I feel blue, I attempt to cover it up and talk about my struggles whenever the time feels right. – Narae said before looking at me. -But rest assured, I won't hide anything from you. I promise. – Narae told me, which I nodded for in response, then pressing her hand gently.

-Alright, I'll trust you, then. – I smiled before we slightly chuckled.

*Moments later*

-Narae's POV-

You arrived home after having a pleasant time with Jaemin. You got to know more about each other while enjoying a delicious meal and some warm coffee. It felt right to be next to him for once. And now, you understand how much you mean to your boyfriend. Regardless of the annoying encounter with Eunju at the company, you pulled through and enjoyed your day with Jaemin.

Currently, you are spacing out, thinking about the only thing that bothers you, the wedding subject. After hearing Jaemin's revelation about Eunju's intentions, her threats began to wander around your head. One of them, getting more attention than others, and it has to do with the darkest secrets you hold. Your university years are moments in your life that most of your friends know of; however, nobody understands the whole vision. You suffered for nothing since everything you learned from those experiences didn't mean anything. You already acknowledge half the things that occurred.

Now, you remember the day when your ex-boyfriend asked you to marry him, something you wish you could unsee. But it's complex to leave behind those days and that specific oath that someone once proposed. It's like it happened yesterday, a windy day in autumn, you and your past lover standing face to face. He recited a beautiful speech before asking you to marry him. You were glad that someone took the time to think of you, take care of your necessities, and stand by your side. Therefore, you almost accepted due to your gratefulness. But then, you remembered the promise it represents, a lifetime confidant and the person you need to protect and love above all things. You respected and enjoyed your ex-boyfriend's presence, but it wasn't enough for you to accept a life-changing inquiry.

-Would you marry me, Cha Narae? – You repeated the identical words your ex-boyfriend used before reminiscing the words Eunju told you.

"You will get married before I do."

-And Jaemin will be your husband, I suppose. – You thoughtfully said before taking a deep breath. -Yong Sangkyu is the man you picked for me. Isn't he, Eunju? – You questioned before looking up, facing Eunju.

-I told you that I would bring more surprises, Narae. But it seems that Jaemin told you beforehand. – Eunju spoke before smiling at you. -Rest assured, Narae, Yong Sangkyu isn't an ugly-looking man; he's considerably attractive. – Eunju disclosed before sitting next to you.

-You only came to make me feel miserable again, didn't you? – You questioned, annoyed.

-Let's say that my baby didn't let me finish my sentence, so I needed to let you know before continuing with my plans. – Eunju admitted before patting your shoulder. -Little Narae, I'm trying to help you here, okay? Jaemin is a businessman, and you don't know how to handle someone of his stature. I want you to have someone that doesn't have the same pressure as Jaemin does; that's why I chose Yong Sangkyu for you. – Eunju explained as your tears gathered around your eyes.

-What if Jaemin doesn't let you continue? Or what if I talk about your threats? – You sternly asked.

-Darling, I have a hidden ace that will help me to get whatever I want. Honestly, I believe I'll use it pretty soon since I notice Jaemin's stubbornness now that you are next to him. But stay steady. More things are coming. – Eunju spoke before smiling, then she stood up and walked towards the entrance. -Have a fun night, dear! – Eunju giggled and then left your apartment.

-What a cynical woman. – You sighed before holding your face, feeling frustrated by the current situation. Shortly, your tears began to drop as you kept a stern look on your face, attempting to analyze the current situation. -Another surprise? What did Eunju mean? – You questioned, confused.

"I want you to have someone that doesn't have the same pressure as Jaemin does; that's why I chose Yong Sangkyu for you."

Eunju's words got stuck inside your head, repeating like an endless loop. It hurt you to hear those words again since your memories began to attack you without any warning. Not only Eunju knows Jaemin better than you, but she's also right about him; he's a businessman. You want to believe that Jaemin will change for you, but at the same time, you highly doubt that everything will be like you desire. Yet again, you think of the person that Jaemin is and the promises he has made to you.

-Is it the right decision to tell Jaemin? He could worry more, but he will know about the situation we are both in; after all, Eunju also wants to marry him. – You murmured, attempting to organize your thoughts and still questioning the choices you currently have.

Eventually, you glanced at your phone, grabbed it, and looked at it. You unlocked the screen and searched for Jaemin's number, but then, you stopped. Once again, you hesitated, not knowing if you should tell Jaemin about Eunju's visit.

"Rest assured, Narae, Yong Sangkyu isn't an ugly-looking man; he's considerably attractive."

Eunju's speech repeated in your head, causing you to chuckle at her words.

-Handsome? Attractive? What about it, Eunju? – You questioned before thinking about Jaemin. -Beauty comes from the heart, but I suppose you only like men due to their looks, Eunju. – You guessed, knowing that Jaemin is also a good-looking man.

-I won't back away, Eunju. – You murmured before sighing, briefly focusing on the window, admiring the city from your place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6.4K 39
markhyuck. ┅ the world decides your soulmate whether you like it or not. ❝yours is red too?❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 03.07.21 markhyuck fanfiction. © MARKSOI...
9.1K 536 31
How can you stay in this world full of vampires? - READ TAGALOG VERSION HERE: @_jeongpeaches Date Started: November 2, 2021 Date Finished:
173K 4.4K 41
Lee Jeno #1 "Why do you keep denying the fact that the baby is mine?" - Lee Jeno. "You don't have to follow other people's beauty standard, to be pre...
171K 8.6K 34
⌨ nct lee haechan gamer/fluff fanfiction ❝ you are my precious sanctuary that no one in the entire universe can replace ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: septemb...