ASTEROID TEARS || L. PARTRIDG...

By illusiveink

โ €โ €๐“‚ƒ โ™ฏโ—เฝฒ๐‘‚บโธผ๐Ÿ“โƒ• contradicted stars sequel ใ€ญโœด ฬฝ เฃฉ โ €โ €โ €๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ โ €โ €โ› you can no longer trust anyone an... More

OO.
โ €โ €โ €โ†ณ DISCLAIMER
โ €โ €โ €โ†ณ CAST
โ €โ €โ €โ†ณ BEFORE READING
ZERO โ‡ข PROLOGUE
ONE โ‡ข ISABELLA PARTRIDGE
TWO โ‡ข PAPER PLANES
FOUR โ‡ข THE FRENCH GUY
FIVE โ‡ข KHALISTA PENARTH
SIX โ‡ข LIE TO ME
SEVEN โ‡ข PROUD OF YOU

THREE โ‡ข GIRLFRIEND IN ATLANTA

675 45 67
By illusiveink

4.

⠀⠀⠀⠀MAYBE IT'S NOT right to ask Louis that question. How could she accuse him of cheating?

'Cheating,' she thought and sarcastically laughed. 'We're not even together. Besides, I doubt he has someone else in his life-'

"She's doing well," Louis simply stated.

'What?!' She quickly looked at him as he left the office entirely. Y/N shifted, uneasy in her seat. What did he mean by that?

First, he was excited to see her and now, all she could process is the fact that he has a girlfriend in Atlanta!

'This had to be a joke.'

***

⠀⠀⠀⠀THE RAIN POURED across Wandsworth and as much as Cabrera hated running through the rain like this, she never waited for it to stop in order to catch up on the frowning young man.

"What do you mean she's doing well?!" She yelled after him.

He didn't respond.

"You have a girlfriend?!"

No, he didn't turn back.

"I can't keep chasing you! After all these years, I thought you were waiting for me to be ready for you but you're here now just to tell me you have a girlfriend who's doing well back in Atlanta?!" She shouted.

Her red heels that Louis had gifted a long time ago clicked on the stone pavement, each sound ringing in his head. Suddenly, Cabrera's ankle gave in causing her to slip and fall to the ground with a groan.

Partridge stopped and turned to her, his hair a wet mess. He walked towards the struggling girl who looked like she was about to cry.

"Don't," she said and helped herself up, limping. Cabrera blinked in anger and disbelief, feeling his betrayal inside her chest welling up with disdain.

"You have some nerve coming in that building with a smile on your face as if you never left me for four years and came back kissing me like you don't care about some girl's feelings back in your little vacation venue," she continued.

"I wanted to tell you earlier."

"But you didn't."

"I was afraid!"

"You never were when you started fancying another girl!"

"I don't fancy her!"

"Then what is she really, Louis?!" She quickly questioned, vain in her voice.

"She's - we're dating in public, but we're not really together," he explained. "Cabrera, this is a PR stunt! I couldn't tell you because I felt ashamed. I thought it was going to be okay since the contract says it's going to be over soon, but I'd do anything! I can tell her over the phone that I'm done with this, I'd give it up if that's what you want!"

"I went back to London early! I wanted to see you so bad, I couldn't take it anymore!"

A raindrop got in her eyes causing her to blink numerous times, sniffle and wipe her eyes aggressively. She contemplated whether to believe him or walk away but Louis' eyes never lied. They were pure and true.

"All I ever wanted was to return to the Cabrera I once knew," he mumbled.

Strangers passed by and gave them both a look while the others watched the whole scene unfold on their flat windows. It was something out of a dramatic book they've read over and over.

Louis walked slowly, but cautiously towards the girl and took his coat off, draping it over her shivering shoulders.

"Do you still drink chamomile tea?" He asked.

She laughed at that, "Yes."

"Now, let's get you back home. I rang Millie earlier. She said she hasn't seen you in a week. She misses you. I'll call Francis and Dior to tell them you're staying somewhere else - are you okay with that?"

"Yeah."

"You should take care of yourself, Cabrera. You have a low immune system. Shame on you for not bringing an umbrella just in case."

***

⠀⠀⠀⠀MAYBE IT'S SELFISH to let Louis ruin his PR contract just for her to have him all to herself. She looked at him sleeping on the floor.

Louis insisted she slept alone on the bed. It's been a long time since they shared one and he thought it would be uncomfortable on her part.

Partridge did change. He was more patient than he was before, or maybe Y/N just didn't get enough sleep to figure that out.

She smiled. His appearance was still the same, but why doesn't it seem to go out of date?

She laughed, 'Lord, he looks fucking ugly.'

"You should probably stop staring at me, Y/N."

Erm - well, that's embarrassing. Her eyes widened as she quickly turned away from him towards the ceiling, clutching the blanket tightly.

"What the fuck?"

And, what the fuck indeed.

Louis' lips curled into a smile, "Goodnight."

Silence, then an awkward sheepish mumble.

"Goodnight."

"Sleep tight."

Silence. The sheets made a soft rustling sound as Y/N awkwardly shifted on the bed.

"What's her name?" She blurted out. Louis' smile got wider.

"Jealous, are we, Cabrera?"

"Pfft, no. Just being thoughtful and contemplative as to how she put up with your shit."

"If ever, it was I that had to put up with hers."

"Oh, so Shakespeare suddenly possessed your eloquent ass to make you sound right?"

"You never changed a bit."

"I age like wine, I know. I'm asian after all."

"You and your immature comebacks," he said and remained closing his eyes shut, "I missed them."

Her cheeks felt like heating up once again. Like she was 18 once again, pulling through the mud with an annoying British bloke. She rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

Maybe that would help with the rising temperature.

"Her name, Louis," she sighed.

"Oh, so now we're back with the first name basis." At this point, he was trying to push her to the edge.

"Her name, Patrick!" She whisper-yelled.

"Second name basis."

"James!"

"Third name basi-" he was cut off by the sudden movement Cabrera made. She turned away from him to her side, shutting her eyes in a petty manner as she tried to sleep.

The quiet midnight air suddenly whistled outside Louis' home accompanied by the rain tapping softly on the delicate glass windows. The beige lamp remained turned on which bothered the girl while it also comforted the boy himself.

A dark cloth was standing on a corner and due to the dimly lit room, he could imagine so many things.

"Do you see that?" he asked.

Cabrera didn't answer although she kept her ears open to listen.

"Oh my God, Cabrera. I think it's a demon."

She rolled her eyes and sat up, turning the lamp off.

"No! Turn it back on!" he yelled.

"What the fuck are you?! A child?"

"Please, just leave the fucking lamp on. I'm begging you!"

"No! I can't sleep with the lights on!"

And there they started firing angry whispers back and forth like any other day they're together.

"I'll let you sleep on the bed with me, but you have to let me turn the lamp off."

"No. Keep it on."

She sighed, "Okay."

Cabrera brought her thumb and index finger to her temples, drawing circles in frustration, "What about I let you sleep beside me, I'll turn the lamp on and you'll tell me the name of the girl."

He stared at her for a moment longer.

"Are you gonna kill her?"

"Christ's sake, Partridge! You have the mind of a ten-year-old child!"

"Are you?" He asked again.

"I'm not!" She whispered in an exasperated tone.

"Fine." Louis stood up from his bed and quickly went next to her. She scooted to the side to give him some space and as soon as they're settled, "Keep the half of the bargain."

"Khalista."

"Mhm?"

"Penarth."

"Is that the last name?"

"No."

"Then what is it?"

"Fauldhouse."

Her breath hitched as her head snapped towards his direction.

"Fauldhouse?" she asked as he nodded.

'As in the CEO, Steven Fauldhouse? Mr. Fauldhouse?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 14.3K 19
โž˜ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ y/n, a young lady born with vast feminine grace tangled in a gamble of life desired to change the way she lived with two unexpected...
128K 2.7K 16
"๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ??" ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...
425K 12.7K 34
โ› ... ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’‘๐’๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’˜๐’Š๐’”๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ... โœ ( ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ & ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—น ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ ) ( ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐˜… ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—บ!๐—ผ...