TWO ⇢ PAPER PLANES

3.

DAMN PAPER PLANES.

Louis had been throwing Y/N those folded papers since the morning she showed him her office. The floor was the sole evidence of the quandary. How rude of him to cause such mayhem?

Cabrera's office was often silent. So silent that they were both almost deaf, but he refused to keep it that way. The young man sat on the chair given to him on the corner far away from the vexed girl. Her taps on the laptop keys increased in speed and volume.

Louis puckered his lips and blew them causing them to vibrate, imitating a sound of a plane crashing. He squinted his eyes to focus on the target.

Y/N.

As soon as the tip of the paper hit her forehead, she slammed the table and glared at him. Her mouth was just about to shoot sharpened words when a few knocks were heard from the door.

"Miss Cabrera, we have a report about the budget for 'Clique'." The voice said.

"Come in, Jean-Locke," Y/N hummed.

Louis arched an eyebrow by the sound of that sickening sweet voice towards whoever Jean is. How come she doesn't hum his name like that? Nevertheless, whoever this guy is, he just saved him from possible homicide.

The door swung open to reveal a man - not a day over twenty, carrying a stack of papers and a clipboard. He smiled at the girl and put them down on her desk as they whispered to each other.

Giggles.

'What could she possibly be giggling about?' Partridge furrowed his eyebrows and clasped his hands, leaning forward. He fixed his eyes on the floor and tried to catch a few things they're saying.

'Partridge . . . home . . . mole rat?'

'What?' He thought and turned to them. 'Who's a mole rat?'

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Y/N," Jean-Locke said and bobbed his head as he turned to leave the office.

'First name basis? How rude! He's an associate and shouldn't be calling her that. Unfair and just - just so rude. To me, she's Cabrera and to her, I'm just Partridge. Can you believe that? Just Partridge!'

The girl smiled and went back to work, tapping her pen on the desk. The cursor blinked in front of her making the room even more silent than before.

"That's cute." Louis remarked, smiling at the girl. Y/N knew what game they were about to play and who's saying she isn't looking forward to it?

"What is?"

"You and Jean-Locke," he continued and took a deep breath before standing up and slowly walking around the office.

"Really? What makes you say that?" She went to type another paragraph in the document.

"Whispering, talking, laughing - oh and, giggling? Were you - yeah, you were. You know? Just fun stuff," he said.

"Continue?"

"You even said I was a mole rat!"

She stopped and looked up, "A what?"

"A mole rat. Did you really think I wouldn't hear?"

"Partridge, none of us said mole rat. I told him you returned home and Sharapova might take us to the mall later for celebration - "

"Whatever! Mole rat is out of the topic, there goes our last name basis! Sometimes it's Louis, sometimes it's Partridge."

"And what's your problem with that?" She asked.