DEFENCE SYSTEM | NEWT; THE MA...

By s1utformen

this is my first ever book so it's rough, but enjoy<3 More

chapter one | only girl
chapter two | tour and bonfire
chapter three | questions
chapter four | ava paige
chapter five | griever
chapter six | aftermath
chapter seven | runner
chapter eight | argument
chapter nine | feelings
chapter ten | truth or dare
chapter eleven | fight and note
chapter twelve | backfired and forgiveness
chapter thirteen | interrupted again
chapter fourteen | gally
chapter fifteen | i'm sorry
chapter sixteen | killed
chapter seventeen | agreement
chapter nineteen | official
⚠️read⚠️

chapter eighteen | greenie and catastrophic

44 1 0
By s1utformen

A/N

warning: talking about smut.

I don't know if that's a warning or not? oh well

enjoy guys <3

THE NEXT MORNING

it's the next morning and the same question has been stuck in my head since yesterday.

what are me and newt?

i mean we've kissed multiple times, made out, nearly had sex, so what are we? i wanna ask him, yet i'm scared to. why am i scared, i've never been with newt before?

i woke up with a certain blonde-haired boy's arms around me. the feeling of his warmth gives me sensations that tingles around my body. i never wanted him to let go, hoping he felt the same.

"morning love," newt groaned.

"morning," i said back, rubbing my eyes. i sat up and did my morning stretch.

"where are you going?" he asked me.

"going to work, as you should too," i said, slipping on my shoes.

"noo," newt moaned, like a three year old, wrapping his arms around my waist trying to pull me back in bed.

"did minho teach you to be as grumpy as him? you need to get up," i said, pulling his arms off me.

"noo i don't wanna go to work," he moaned, again.

"nope, c'mon get up!" i said, giggling a bit.

"fine," he groaned. i got up and started to get changed while he got up and stretched.

then i heard that familiar voice

"HEYY BESTIEE!" minho shouted, while skipping in.

"uhh," i said, with just my underwear and bra on and newt in just his boxers.

"oh-my-GOD!" minho said, smiling like crazy.
"you guys," minho began, swatting his fingers between newt and i.
"did IT!" he finished.

"NO!" both newt and i shouted in unison.

"yeah yeah whatever, anyways-" minho began but then a massive noise interupted him.

clash

bang

ring

"what was that?" i asked, oblivious to what that noise was. newt and minho looked at each other and said at the same time.

"the box."

the three of us were running to the box with me at the back, not knowing what was happening.

"newt, what do you see?" i heard frypan say, while newt jumped into the box.

"it's a girl," he said, while alternating between the greenie and the gladers.

"what!?" that was most of the gladers reactions.

i noticed something in the greenie's hand.

"newt, there's something in her hand," i said, pointing at the mysterious object. he knelt down to her height and reached for the strange item. newt picked it up and unscrambled the piece of paper.

"she's the last one ever," he read, now looking at everyone above.
"what the hell does that mean?" he asked, rhetorically, not expecting a genuine answer.

gasp

she woke.

"newt..." she said, and fell back into a deep slumber.

'what the hell' i thought.

I looked at newt's face for his reaction. he looked numb, not showing any sign of emotion.

"do you know her?" thomas asked the question for me. he just shook his head, while looking at her.

what if he does know her? what if he forgets me to be with her? what if they were something before the glade?

those questions flooded my head. to be honest, the only thing that seems to be happening is questions, that can't be answered, always repeat in my head.

i don't wanna be here when the girl is there. there's just something about her that i cant put my finger on. honestly, i hate not knowing things.

so i left

"y/n" i heard newt say, whilst jumping out the box. i carried on walking. i didn't wanna see him, let alone talk to him. yet, i don't actually know if it's his fault, but i ain't risking it.
"y/n!" i heard newt say, louder this time.

"what?" i asked, turning around to look at him.

"i don't know her," was all he said. but the face he was pulling, said anything but truth. it looked like guilt.

"sure," i said, turning my back on him and walked away. my name repeated from his mouth as i walked.

TIME SKIP, AN HOUR LATER

it's been around an hour since i talked to newt. i'm still confused as to why the hell a greenie has come less than a month after me. and it's a shucking girl!

i kept thinking over and over again, the same thoughts repeated.

but then, i heard something. it was almost like shouting.

'what the hell' i thought, as i got up and walked out of my hut to see the commotion.

the treehouse

there she was. above, at the top of the treehouse, throwing things at the gladers down below.

who does she think she is?

"leave me alone!" she shouted, whilst throwing rocks and all sorts.

'woah' and 'shucking hell' are the words the gladers kept shouting, blocking the objects with wooden planks to protect their heads.

"hey, if you throw one more of those things i'll-" gally began shouting when she threw a rock directly on top of his head.

'okay, that's fine' i giggled at her sudden throw.

"i don't think she likes us very much," newt said, while covering his head.

'no shit' i thought, and went under the same plank as tommy. someone has to stop this klunk. and that someone is me.

"woah, hey, it's y/n. it's y/n," i said, as i walked out of the wooden plank and uncovered my head with my arm. then the greenie poked her head from the top of the tower so i could see her black head of hair.

"i'm gonna come up, okay?" i asked, more as a statement. faintly, i could see her nod her head.
"just me" i finished, more looking towards newt.

i was walking up the wooden ladders, goose bumps appearing cause i don't know what to expect.

"i'm nearly there!" i shouted, a few steps from the top. finally, i made it to the trap door that was easy to open.

then i saw it

the newbie, holding a knife, pointing it at me

oh shuck

"woah hey!" i began, holding my hand out in front of me reassuringly.

"where am i? what is this place? why can't i remember anything?" she said.

"this is all normal okay, we've all been through this," i said, gesturing my hand to the gladers below us.

"okay? your name, that'll come back to you in a couple of days, it's the only thing they let us keep-" i began again, when she cut me off.

"teresa," she said, looking down.

"what did you say?" i asked, yet i know what i heard.

"my name, it's teresa," she answered.

"okay, i'm y/n," i said, keeping my hand up. she still had a confused look on her face.

"but who actually are you?" she asked, oblivious to what i just said.

"i-i don't know. look, we've all been through this. we've all woken up here, not knowing who we are, or where we came from. it's all been the same for each person," i finished with my speech.

no response

"i'm just gonna take this, okay?" i asked, bringing my hand towards the sharp blade which was in her hand. she nodded, and passed me the object.
"okay" i said, with a sigh of relief.

TIME SKIP, FIVE MINUTES

it's been five minutes 'till teresa created the commotion. and, to be honest, she is kinda quiet. but, when she does talk, she's nice. a lot less bitchy than i thought she would be. so that's good.

"she's the last one ever," she spoke up, reading the note in her hands.
"what does that mean?" she asked.

"i don't know" i said, deep in thought.

"what's going on up there?" i heard an english accent from below.

newt

"is she coming down?" he asked. i looked at teresa. she looked at me. her face wrote 'not ready'.

"uh, can you guys just give us a second?" i asked the remaining gladers.

"alright," newt said, and began walking away to, i'm assuming, work.
"c'mon" he said, while dragging on the gladers to do the same.

"is this what all girls are like?" fry asked, rhetorical.

"heard that!" i shouted, from above.

"ever since you've come up, the box hasn't gone back down, i just think it's gotten everyone a bit worried," i said, gesturing my hands to the box.

"they all think it's my fault," she admitted, looking down.

"are you sure you don't remember anything else?" i asked, looking at her direction.

"i remember water, feeling like i was drowning, these faces staring at me. and this voice, a woman's voice, saying the same thing over and over-" she began when i cut her off.

"WCKD is good" i said. i don't know why the hell i knew that. it's like when i first came up, i knew thomas' name, it just slipped out.

we were both looking at each other. it took a couple of seconds, but she looked down and reached into her pocked. she had something in her hand, three tubes of blue substances.

"these were in my pocket when i came up," she said, and gave me the tubes. i examined it, looking deeply.

"WCKD," i said.
"WCKD is good" i finished.

"what if we were sent here for a reason?" she asked, looking at me.

i looked at her with a slapped face

what if she was right?

"enough of that. whose that over there?" she asked, pointing at tommy.

oh, that's thomas, he's my older brother," i said.

"really?" she asked, eyes widened.

"yeah. i'm happy i've got family with me," i said, with a smile on my face.

"whose that?" she asked, pointing.

"that's chuck, the youngest out of all of us shanks," i said.

"how old is he?" she asked, looking at him.

"thirteen," i answered, lowering my tone.

"wow," she said, the same tone as me.
"what about him?" she asked.

"that's newt," i said, looking at him working.

no response

she normally said or asked something after i introduced someone to her

weird

i cleared my throat," well, we best get you to newt for sleeping arrangements," i said, beginning to walk down, expecting her to do the same.

TIME SKIP, LATER IN THE DAY

i need to find newt. i have to talk to him. i need to tell him about the blue liquid that teresa brought up. finally, after what felt like ages, i found him in the medjack hut with clint, jeff and alby.

wait

alby?

"hey guys-" i began speaking when i saw him. i saw alby tied up with leather straps, keeping him down from trying anything.
"oh my god," was all i could manage to say.

"he's not doing good," jeff said, almost reading my mind.

"what are we gonna do?" clint asked, hoping for an answer.

"i don't know," newt replied.

"i think i know," I said, while teresa and thomas walked in.

"know what?" newt asked, looking in my direction.

"this," i said, pulling out the blue liquid tubes teresa gave to me.

"this stuff was in my pocket when i came up," teresa said.

"here," i spoke, giving newt the tube.

"for all we know this thing could kill him," he said, raising it in the air.

"newt, he's already dying, how could it get any worse than this?" i asked, more of a statement.

we need alby. we all do

and i'm willing to take a risk if it saves alby's life

newt sighed, "do it," he said, passing me the substance. i nodded and walked towards alby.

"here we go," i said, taking a deep breath and beginning to drag it down to his bare chest.

that was until his eyes shot open

hungry for blood

"DON'T TRUST HER!" he shouted, gripping on my arm. tight.

"DON'T TRUST EITHER OF THEM! THEY DID THIS!" he screamed, tightening his grip on my arm, making me drop the tube.

"get the tube!" newt shouted, trying to pull my arm away from alby's grasp.

after what felt like centuries, teresa plunged the liquid into him. he let go. leaving a purple bruise on my arm. ouch.

"are you okay?" newt asked, gripping onto my arm to check. i winced in pain.

"yeah..." i said, trying to reassure him. which didn't work.

"yeah right. jeff can you check her?" newt asked the medjack keeper.

"yeah," jeff replied, gesturing for me to come to a separate tent.

TIME SKIP, THE BONFIRE

it's later in the day, and everyone's at the bonfire. i don't really know why we're having ANOTHER bonfire? maybe it keeps everyone's spirits up? but hey, it kinda works if that's the case.

but i can't stop thinking about what alby said earlier. something about not trusting her? or either of them? i mean, whose them? whose her? what if it's me? or teresa? there are only two girls here? it has to be either one of us?

i can't not say here with thoughts in my head. i have to do something. so that's what i'm gonna do.

i was walking towards the medjack hut. to alby. i need to know what the hell he was talking about. so many questions flooded my head. but as long as i get the answers i want, i'm happy.

finally i reached the hut. walking in, i could already smell out the suspicion. there was only one person in here. well, two now.

me and alby

"alby?" i called out, hoping for a response

nope

just sniffling

huh, weird

i reached him. i reached our leader

"alby, are you alright?" i asked him, kneeling down to his height. he was wearing torn out black jeans and no top on. he looked like a mess.

"we can't..." was all he said.

"we can't what?" i asked, getting more intrigued by the second.

"we can't..." he repeated, not giving me the answers.

"who were the people you were talking about earlier?" i asked, making him look in my direction. a tear dropped from his eye to meet his cheek.

"the girl..." he said.

"yes, yes the girl. what girl?" i asked.

"the girl," he said, looking back in front of him. i sighed.
"why are they here?" he asked, making the both of us look at each other again.

"why are who here alby?" i asked, even more desperate now.

"we can't..." he said, repeating what he said at the beginning. ugh.

nothing you say is gonna get him to talk

it's like he's become catastrophic

"WE CAN'T! WHY ARE THEY HERE! WE CAN'T! WHY ARE THEY HERE!?" he repeated, while screaming the same words over and over again.

i can't take it

i can't bare to see alby in pain. there must be something or someone triggering this to happen. i can't see him like this anymore.

so i left

leaving alby in a screaming mess

TIME SKIP, LATER IN THE EVENING

i'm now in bed. still thinking about what the hell happened with alby

not only was i really confused about what he was saying when we gave him the liquid, when i spoke to him after that, he didn't give me answers, he only made me even more confused.

'great' i thought sarcastically, as i heard distance footsteps coming towards my hut.

what the hell.

my hut door opened revealing a skinny figure beaming in the moonlight.

"newt?" i asked the mysterious person.

"hi y/n," he replied, shutting my door and coming closer to me and my bed.

"what are you doing here?" i asked him.

"i just wanted to ask you something," he said.

"right now? i mean, it's late and i-" i began when he cut me off.

"yeah, i just really need to ask you something," he spoke.

"okay, what?" i asked, now sitting up.

"can you meet me at the deadheads tomorrow around this time?" he asked me.

"uh, yeah sure," i said, confused yet intrigued.

"alright, thanks," he said and began to walk out of my hut.
"bye y/n," he said, grabbing onto my doorknob.

"bye newt," i replied and he was gone.

leaving me, again, in my own confusing thoughts

A/N

i hope you liked this chapter!

kinda a cliffhanger with the whole alby situation?
i don't know hehe

you can also check out my tiktok account:
newt_reacts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

850K 14.1K 49
A maze runner love story, a wondrous disaster. *may contain mature themes* [completed] #1 newt #...
44.8K 1K 37
You've just moved into your first apartment in London, you work in a bar in a quiet part of the city. Its filled with locals and oldies. Until one pr...
10.8K 151 45
She was sent into the maze. But for what reason? She wakes up to see 30 teenage boys surrounding her. She is stuck in the glade with no clue, no memo...
241K 4.5K 45
" I wanted to scream at him, tell him how much I hate him, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't hate him. "Why can't I hate yo...